Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I love the character of Robin, but when Re-Ron gets through with her. We won't recognize her. Jasciccle returns, And I can't. I just can't I bought a little outboard for my return to the barge.Maybe I will be lucky and drown on the way over and I won't have to watch this swill ever again.

• Love 1

I sympathize with Ron when it comes to writing Robin.  The Helena Cassadines and Luke Spencers of soapland are relatively easy to write off... the loving mother of a small child and one half of a wildly popular couple is not.  They keep bringing her back on these stints because she really does get a ratings spike, but there's no way to have Robin keep leaving that would ring true to her character.

Anyway.  Even if Kimberly McCullough were to sign a contract, I'm not that interested in Robin.  I sort of liked her by default back when Scrubs was pretty much the only non-mob storyline, but at this point I'm enjoying many of the characters (another UO, probably).  KMc seems adorable and spunky in real life, but for me, that has never translated to the character.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have no sympathy. Ron chooses the worst way to usher Robin out. As has been suggested before, she can be living in PC, just offscreen. She and Patrick can get divorced, if they want Patrick available for other women. Then when KMc returns, she and Patrick can stare wistfully at each other and wonder what if. Or whatever. But the current situation hamstrings both Robin and Patrick, IMO, and isn't doing anyone any good.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think a Lucky should have stayed dead when JJ left in '99  So much of what happened later would have made a lot more sense if Lucky was dead.  

ETA: if JJ had wanted to return later on, as he actually did, then you have Lucky just mysteriously turn up alive on the docs one foggy night.  For him no time has passed since the fire but eveyone else has changed immensely.  When JJ decided to leave again it is either revealed that he was an imposter sent by Helena to toy with Luke, or that too much has changed and he just leaves to start his own life elsewhere.  

Edited by Tiger

Okay I've been holding back in fear, but the truth is: I LIKE Sonny.

I totally agree that MB is a terrible actor, but Sonny is highly entertaining to me. I thought he was just adorable with Spencer who I also like in very small doses.

Now do I find him the least bit scary? No, but I don't hate him. I LOL at his mannerisms and his horrible flubbing of lines.

I also like he and Carly in scenes together.

phew....I feel better. Now I'll go hid in the corner and duck tomatoes.

I don't like Carly, per se and I loathe the way LW plays her, but I do miss the bitch she was for most of her time in Port Charles.  What they have done to the character now is just a travesty.

I do, at least, enjoy CarSon and wish they go back to that.  Who knows, we may be headed back in that way, especially if their secret blow in the way we are all hoping it does.

• Love 1

I like Carly till I remember she screwed over Tony Jones. I loved him. And she has done nothing to avenge neither Jason nor AJ's deaths. The Carly I knew was scrappy and would have taken Ava out already and Connie. She's disappointed me. Oh and she'd still be banging Sean so hard he would shoot straight. No way Carly would have given that up. I see Laura Wright wanting to play it. And I love her for it.

I also love The Nina's nurse.

And she has done nothing to avenge neither Jason

THIS!!!  That really stuck in my craw when she basically blinked when Jason died.  Also, when she did nothing in the face of the baby switch.  "I would have gone to the mat for you with Jason!"  IN WHAT UNIVERSE???  Todd royally fucked over Jason, being Heather's partner in crime there and Carly would have stuck up for him?  No siree.  I was waiting for the nuclear fallout from that and got nothing.  That was when I knew they had replaced Carly with a pod person.

As for AJ, no, she would not have avenged AJ's death (on the show, at least.  In my fanfiction version of her, yes).  It's sad that I see her keeping the secret for Sonny's sake a totally in character for her.   

• Love 2

I don't care that Sonny killed AJ he got what he deserved

Michael getting close with AJ was disrespectful as hell to Sonny

Robin's return should consist of Patrick spitting in her face, flinging divorce papers at her & slamming the door in her face.

Robin is still owed a punch to the face from Sabrina

Robin should be made by Patrick to sign her rights to Emma away since she doesn't want her & is a bad mother

I have no use for any of the Quartermaines

I miss the days of the Fab 4 (Sonny/Carly/Jason/Courtney)

(edited)

I loved SJB's and TB's Carly but aside from a few particular days, sometimes evabsolutely  a time, I have loathed LW's Carly.  LW is more than capable of playing Carly when she is written as Carly, but at some point after the initial CarJax bonding over Baby John, Guza lost interest and for the most part turned her into a completely different character.  Wolfe and Carlivati have simply continued with this new characterization.  

That said, damn did I love those CarnAJ scenes in the spring of 2013 and Carly's scenes with Monica and AJ when he first  returned the previous fall.  

ETA: I try to forget that clusterfuck with a Jennifer Bransford ever happened, absolutely none of which was her fault.  As an actress she was excellent, but for whatever reason from her first day where she literally continued the same scene that TB had started, they wrote her a total loon and nothing like TB's Carly.   TB has said publicly that she offered to stay and finish the story, and I will never understand why they didnt take her up on that offer and then send Carly to the island until LW or whoever was available.  

All that said, I think the show as a whole was absolutely awful from the time TB left until Robin returned that fall during the train wreck.   

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2
(edited)

As for AJ, no, she would not have avenged AJ's death

She hates AJ more than she loves Michael. Once again, Carly puts Carly before anyone else.

Robin is still owed a punch to the face from Sabrina

For what, returning home from being held hostage and wanting her family back? If anyone deserves a punch in the face, it's Patrick for being such a passive jerk about the situation.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I want nuBorg to punch Patrick. Hell, I'll settle for Silas. And to quote Kirk Nurmi of all people with shit jobs "Nine days out of ten I don't even like Silas." I just want Patrick punched. Emma needs to be grounded, and Sabweeena needs to either get Carrrlos or gtfo.

• Love 2

I love the way Laura Wright plays Carly.  She brings some fun to the role--her Carly really delights in being an asshole.  If the heroine of the show is going to be a horrible shrew, I'd rather she be an upbeat one than a whiny one, which is how I always saw Tamara Braun (my memories of SJB are pretty hazy).  I'm not sure I'd say I love Carly, but I definitely enjoy watching her.

• Love 5

For what, returning home from being held hostage and wanting her family back? If anyone deserves a punch in the face, it's Patrick for being such a passive jerk about the situation.

For thinking she should automatically get what she wants because she's Robin Scorpio. Patrick was not a passive jerk he had moved on with his life & was set to marry Sabrina. Sabrina wasn't just some bed warming smash & dash, he was in a relationship with her. Sabrina got cheated out of her wedding, her baby & her happy life because of Robin.

For thinking she should automatically get what she wants because she's Robin Scorpio. Patrick was not a passive jerk he had moved on with his life & was set to marry Sabrina. Sabrina wasn't just some bed warming smash & dash, he was in a relationship with her. Sabrina got cheated out of her wedding, her baby & her happy life because of Robin.

I don't think she thought she should get Patrick "because she was Robin Scorpio."  Of course she wanted back the life that had been stolen from her through no fault of her own.  Obviously the fact that he had already moved on with Sabrina was complicated, but initially no one knew about Sabrina's pregnancy.  

And I say that as someone who is ambivalent towards Robin at best and is in no way eager to see her again.

• Love 1

Sabrina got cheated out of her wedding, her baby & her happy life because of Robin.

Sabrina got involved with an emotionally unavailable (or not ready) man who had to be coaxed every step of the way to be with her.  That's on Sabrina (& Patrick), not Robin.  & Shamwow's death had zero to do with Robin, so I don't understand how that can be blamed on Robin or her return from the "dead".

I also don't think Robin expected to get her life back because she's Robin Scorpio.

• Love 6
(edited)

Everyone is a smash and dash to Patrick.

Yeah, Sabweena was just another smash & dash that was allowed to be a temporary bed warmer. She can now be added to the list with the Persian Princess & Lisa. Patrick's description of Sabweena & their relationship at the garage perfectly describe he's real feelings for her.

Ron cheated Sabweena out of a baby. To me, the whole baby storyline was a big fat plot pint.

I don't like Rafe. I think JD is awful at acting. He doesn't react. He's expression is always blank. I also don't feel that he or the Barrington's are GH legacy.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

So many unpopular opinions; so little time!

I still maintain my Sonny love. Started watching GH in 1996, when he was invested in his acting and very attractive to boot. Now he is a bit like the uncle who rambles on too much at Thanksgiving dinner, but he's family and so you put up with it.

I have liked all the Carlys, even though Carly is a terrible shrew. Don't want to see her get back with Sonny (NOT an unpopular opinion), but don't think she has the magic with RH's Franco that she did with his Todd. I wish they would throw her with someone completely out of her current orbit/

I'm looking forward to the brownstone arc unfolding. While I care not a whit for Levi's gentrification crapola, I do look forward to the sense of community and connectedness that disparate individuals and couples living together under one roof may provide, particularly sense the plot lines are so disjointed now and characters aren't seen for weeks on end.

Kiki doesn't bother me as much as she first did, and not nearly as much as she did as Starr. Either my tolerance level has improved, my standards have lowered, or she has settled into the role. For now, she is off my hate list.

I adore Alexis (and NLG), but don't love her pairing with Julian -- it just leaves me cold. Perhaps it is the fact that I'm not attracted to guys who have less body hair than their significant others...

• Love 1
Robin's return should consist of Patrick spitting in her face, flinging divorce papers at her & slamming the door in her face.

Robin forgave Patrick for cheating on her with a woman who turned out to be a maniac, and who then tried to kill Robin more than once.  I think Patrick can darn well forgive any lapse in judgment Robin displayed in agreeing to go off to save Jason's life.

Although, why is it so terrible that she did that?   Is it an unpopular opinion to wonder why this is supposed to be a trashing of her character?   I mean, sure, the whole story is super-duper dumb, and it sounds like TFGH is trying to paint her as neglectful. 

But I have a serious issue if this show is implying that people who have to make family sacrifices for their occupation, or have to be away from their family for long periods of time to do something they think is right or helpful, are "deadbeats" to their children.  What about parents who are on long tours of duty in the military?   Or who simply have to travel a lot for work? 

I hate the Borg and think he's worthless ... but I can see why Robin couldn't live with herself if she was like "you say I'm the only one who can save him?  Eh, I'll pass."

• Love 7

I tend to think Robin was thinking of her time with Jason, when SB showed up and did worked or tried to.

I never liked SB. He seems like a jerk. The "I'm retiring to spend time with my family, but no I'm really going to another show " was a jerk move. I may not like Sonny, but I respect MB for that. Jason Morgan could have been a great character, but we will never know thanks to SB's stupid acting choices. May the inevitable recast get tons of Emmys and a pony.

I would have liked to see Robin/AJ. Way better story than Liz/AJ. Plus, Patrick can't compete with a Quartermaine.

• Love 4
(edited)

I never liked SB. He seems like a jerk. The "I'm retiring to spend time with my family, but no I'm really going to another show " was a jerk move.

I always think it's funny that his board initial are SBu b/c every time I see them I LOL I read it as- StinkyPU.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1
Sabrina got cheated out of her wedding, her baby & her happy life because of Robin.

How did Robin cheat Sabrina out of her baby?  She had zero to do with the accident that killed him.  As for the rest, imo, the blame lies with Dr. O and company - they cheated Robin out of two years of her life, leading to the point where Sabrina had an opening to form a relationship with a man who, it turns out, wasn't fully free to marry.  

My UO's - 

I loathe Brad, and I would rank Felix as better than him.  And I just could not buy that Lucas was so instantly hot for Brad.  Just...no.  

Also, I hate everything to do with the Obrecht family, and I hate how some fans positively responding to the initial small doses of Dr. O has turned into everything associated with her must be awesome.  Don't like Britt, don't feel sorry for the lying baby stealer, and think she's just as pathetic as her mother.  I'll pass on the whole lot of them.  Well, Nathan can stay, because he's the lesser of two evils where Maxie is concerned.  But if his family falls off the face of the planet never to be mentioned again, I'd consider it a personal favor from the soap gods.  

I am not at all a fan of "Samtrick."  I think they work OK as casual friends, but not romantically.  Add in that he knows Jason is alive, and I'd have a hard time buying it if he slept with her as anything other than some weird "payback" to Jason for being the reason Robin left town.  Not to mention, it would just be plot point shit, to amp up the tension of the inevitable Jason return (please, God, don't be Michael Muhney).  

• Love 7

Yes, Robin who was STILL MARRIED to Patrick and alive had some nerve ESCAPING two years of CAPTIVITY and returning home. How dare Sabrina's Strawberry Shortcake fluffy bunny happy days be besmirched.

Robin had jack to do with Shamwow's demise. That was on Boring-Assed Insta-Druggie Rafe and RC. No one else.

And Patrick never seemed all in with Sobby to begin with. Especially being coaxed to every next step, taking 15 minutes to eke out an "I do" at his wedding to Sobby, and referring to Shamwow as "THAT baby".

Yes, obviously Robin ruined a great romance, only not so much.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't think Robin's return should go that way, but I'm pretty sure that is what we will get, or something very much like it.  With extra added, "And Emma turns her back on her deadbeat mom", because that is just the way Ron rolls.

My unpopular opinion is that if Ron was going to break Patrick and Robin up, he should have done it at the end of her latest run.  The setup was there - Robin and Patrick could sadly realize that too much time has passed, it's not going to work out, it's nobody's fault, they both tried, etc., and then they mutually agree they have to part.  Cue the sad song playing on the soundtrack as Robin walks away.  But I guess that wouldn't set up a Sam/Patrick/Jason/Robin quad, so we got what we got.

My other unpopular opinion is that, if Robin was Patrick's One True Love and the Only Woman In The World For Him, he shouldn't have gone running after Sabrina twice when she tried to gracefully bow out after Robin returned alive.  Take the out the woman is proffering you, dumbass, tell her you are sorry things had to work out this way, then LEAVE HER THE HELL ALONE. 

I would have liked to see Robin/AJ. Way better story than Liz/AJ. Plus, Patrick can't compete with a Quartermaine.

There's a hired killer currently cooling his heels in the Port Charles hoosgaw who is coming off as not only the better man, but a better human being in general than Patrick Drake, so let's just say the list of men Patrick can't measure up to is long and growing.  But yeah, a Robin/A.J. pairing would have been a natural fit.  It could start as two people trying to get their lives back after "coming back from the dead" helping each other through their problems and evolve from there.

My final Unpopular Opinion for this post is that I think the guy who plays Levi wouldn't be bad looking at all if he cut his hair and wore better clothes.  One of the reasons I hope he does a heel turn soon is so that he can start going around in short hair and nicely fitted suits...

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2

Is it in their contracts that all male actors must wax their chests, I swear that their is not a single chest hair among them which seems strange since a few of them are very dark.

I loathe Brad, and I would rank Felix as better than him.  And I just could not buy that Lucas was so instantly hot for Brad.  Just...no.

I'm going to assume Lucas was only interested in Brad because he was horny and Brad wasn't that hard to get into bed. Otherwise I don't understand.

Also, I hate everything to do with the Obrecht family, and I hate how some fans positively responding to the initial small doses of Dr. O has turned into everything associated with her must be awesome.

It's disgusting that people who've been on this show for years and years are barely getting scraps while this raggedy ass family is constantly involved in all the "big" stories.

• Love 1

Is it in their contracts that all male actors must wax their chests, I swear that their is not a single chest hair among them which seems strange since a few of them are very dark.

Bryan Craig came on sans chest hair, and he's since decided to (or been allowed to) grow it out.

(edited)

But I guess that wouldn't set up a Sam/Patrick/Jason/Robin quad, so we got what we got.

I think there still could have been some drama with Patrick and Robin being divorced. They could still love each other but not know how to fix their marriage, so they reluctantly divorce, neither of them all that happy about it (but not blaming each other). Then Robin rolls back into town with Jason, and given Patrick's dislike of Jason, trouble ensues. But that would require Ron to put some effort into Robin and Patrick's story, which he clearly doesn't want to have to do. 

One of Ron's big problems is always taking the easy way out.

Ryan Carnes has chest hair. I wonder if it's in his contract that he can keep it. Is BC really growing his chest hair out? It looks to me as if he grooms it. It's like a three-day beard.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really don't like Nina and her nurse and think neither are very good. One thing I will say about Sarah Brown's early Carly in regards to at least AJ, early on she showed an ounce of remorse for dicking over someone that was more or less an innocent in her revenge plan, and that was equally Sarah Brown as it was the writing. But Nina, not only did she mistreat and then bought off some helpful physical therapist with a load of student loans, but she also manipulated some poor troubled kid into going against his first correct instinct which would be going to the cops and fessing up to keep what ever overcomplicated scheme she has cooking. I am not getting any sort of remorse for Michelle Stafford's or the chick that plays Rosalie's acting. 

Also, I don't think Jimmy Deschler acting is that bad. Most teenage boys talk in a monotone speaking pattern and it really doesn't change all that much even in emotional or stressful situations. I am not saying JD is a nuanced actor, but I don't think his performance deviates much how at least 50% of teenage boys act in real life. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

One thing I will say about Sarah Brown's early Carly in regards to at least AJ, early on she showed an ounce of remorse for dicking over someone that was more or less an innocent in her revenge plan, and that was equally Sarah Brown as it was the writing.

I'm going to take my comment to the GH History thread.

• Love 1

If JD's performance of Rafe is indicative of how teenage boys act these days, then let me simply say I am glad I am not around teenage boys.  I dont remember myself, friends, or peers in general acting that way.  But that was back in the 90's, a  far simpler time.  

• Love 4

I just expected more for the son of Allison/Caleb.

She was a histrionic schemer who could be quite charming and bratty.

Caleb was a smooth talking manipulator with passion. And a rockstar.

Justin Beiber himself could play this role better.

(edited)

I know a kid that doesn't show much infliction in his voice and I have never seen him cry, (and I worked with him in a bereavement group) but he is completely lovely. 

I am taking my next comment to casting. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly

I think BC was robbed of an Emmy.

So do I. I watched all the reels in his category (well, every reel period), and his just blew the rest of the field away. I watched with an open mind, without bias, and it was just criminal. Totally robbed. CM, in that 3 minute BS? No, sorry.

My other UO is that I don't think JE should have won, so I was fine with it. Her reel didn't make me feel anything, unlike some of the other actresses in her category. Of course, that could be that Luke/Fluke regardless of who he is totally skeeves me out.

• Love 2
(edited)

I definitely don't think CD did anything emmy worthy.  BC's best performance was during the metrocourt stuff but I'm not sure if that was emmy worthy either. Tequan Richmond should have received one of their spots on the nominees list.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1