Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I want Jax, Johnny, a recast AJ, or some new guy to come and get Carly away from Franco. Literally anyone would be a better alternative.

I never liked Robin so I find it very amusing that she abandoned her family to go rescue Jason.

I want Ava to walk in on Morgan hooking up with another woman.

I want GV's Lucky to come back, somehow get full custody of Cam and Aidan, and then hook up with Sam again.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

I want Jax, Johnny, a recast AJ, or some new guy to come and get Carly away from Franco. Literally anyone would be a better alternative.

I never liked Robin so I find it very amusing that she abandoned her family to go rescue Jason.

I want Ava to walk in on Morgan hooking up with another woman.

I want GV's Lucky to come back, somehow get full custody of Cam and Aidan, and then hook up with Sam again.

I'm with you on the guys for Carly and I did like LuSam.  I do get a feeling the Ava one may actually happen.

I'd be ok with them recasting another actor to play Lucky.  I would prefer JJ and GV but that's not going to happen.  He's a big part of the storylines and needs to be back.  I can't stand Franco.  I loved the actor as Todd and know what they had to change it, but I can't stand him playing Franco. Seriously, Carly you'd get together with the man who harmed your son.  I don't buy it at all.

I don't like Silas or Kiki.  I wish all they could play John McBain and whatever her name was.  They just aren't cutting it with me.  I can't stand Ava at all.  I think AJ needs a recast and to stay on the scene.  

The Lulu being reunited with her son plot was a big let down. She finally learns the truth and she never gets to hold him.  I know they need bad guys on the show, but I was really disappointed when they brought Obrecht back.  This woman just irritates the poo out of me.  I can't get behind the character. I don't think she'll be a " I love to hate you" character.

• Love 3

I liked Michael and Starr (that was her character's name) together.  I thought there was a goldmine of crossover history they could have used (Edward and Victor Lord, her grandfather had business dealings, Tracy and Viki, her aunt were acquaintances or rivals), they had commonalities (pulled every trick to get their parents to stay together) and, yes, they were cutesy.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hated Johnny and Jax but I prefer these guys over that pile of shit, Franco.

Carly should be far away from this guy. I hate the idea of Carly loving Franco. Eww.

I also want GV's lucky back. Make him reunite with Sam! LuSam fan right thurr.

I want Ava to die. She's annoying. I can't stand her. I mean, I like Ric, Faith Roscoe and Julian (even tho he's been annoying as of late) because we know they are snakes, they don't cover their tracks. Ava is meh. she hides everything she does, no one knows what she does, all she does is lying and playing a fake act. Her lies are straight up bull. How can people buy that is beyond me! I want ava gone ASAP

Edited by Lisin
You have a shift key, please use it.
  • Love 1
(edited)

I want Ava to die. She's annoying. I can't stand her. I mean, I like Ric, Faith Roscoe and Julian (even tho he's been annoying as of late) because we know they are snakes, they don't cover their tracks. Ava is meh. she hides everything she does, no one knows what she does, all she does is lying and playing a fake act. Her lies are straight up bull. How can people buy that is beyond me! I want ava gone ASAP

Oh so do I!  Ava is so obvious and for me such a cartoon character.  She's Jessica Rabbit without the subtlety.

And making her Delia Ryan's kid was really annoying.  RH was a great soap IMO back in the day, and tieing this knucklehead with her heavy breathing, inability to blink, and wierd body movements to the naturalness of the Ryan clan was just wrong.

I know folks enjoy Ava but I'm not one of them.  I wish Ron C. knew that soaps aren't ALL camp.  In fact, soaps survived for decades and decades with just good storytelling.  Not that Ron C. seems to have ever known that.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

I don't hate Sabrina.  Mostly I feel pretty ambivalent toward her, but I don't hate her.  Patrick could do better, though, that's for sure.

Also, not a big fan of Robin's.  I'll always be grateful that she had the sense to tell AJ that he had a son, but I think she was ruined during the Scrubs years.

I dislike Lulu enough that I don't care that Britt "stole" her embryos. Little Ben would be better off with the Britch than being raised by the horrid ShrewLu.

Also, I like Brad. I also like Brad & Lucas together but obviously that will not happen now. I forsee lots of Lucas & Felix bonding time over how awful Brad is and then Lucas will inexplicably fall in love with Felix and I will seriously throw up.

GV's Lucky is the only version of the character I liked. He got awful writing but still managed to be an awesome dad and have awesomely hot tub sex with Sam. JJ's Lucky sucked, especially the second time around. All he did was cry and whine and didn't seem to grasp the concept of soap and water. GV's Lucky was written as being dim-dim but at least he knew how to operate a comb and shower regularly.

I can't stand what seem to be the popular new characters - Britt, Dr. O, and Brad.  I'll at least give KG (Dr. O) credit for being a better actor than the other two, but all three are nails on a chalkboard or useless to me, depending on what they're doing on any given day.  I've never seen Dr. O as "fierce" or anything remotely close.  She's pathetic and wasted her entire adult life pulling scheme after pathetic scheme to get Faison to notice her when he's clearly had no interest in her or their daughter.  Then she manipulated her daughter into doing her bidding in yet another failed attempt to get Faison's attention.  And her daughter has just followed her lead in obsessing over men who want other women (hell, even Nik, who proposed to her after knowing her for 10 minutes only did so because he didn't think things could work with the woman he loves more than her, not that I approve of Niz in the least).  Add in that she's become this show's Babe Carey, the baby stealing pig, and I'd be happy if she dropped off the canvas never to return.  

As for Brad, he's a skeevy sexual harasser who decided he's suddenly in love (twice) and paid lip service to wanting to redeem himself while still keeping huge secrets about illegal/unethical acts he aided and abetted, affecting the family of Insta-Love #2.  

And, shallow end, neither Britt or Brad are pretty enough to make it worth it to just zone out and enjoy the pretty when they're sucking up my screen.  Thank God Britt didn't have a kid with Brad's sperm, that sucker would have had teeth down past it's non-existent chin.  

• Love 4

At this juncture, I don't think I'd mind the Q's going away.  They've been so decimated.

I don't think Tracy Q is all that and a bag of chips

Bobbie's face doesn't bother me nearly as much as Monica's teeth implants

I don't care about Scrubs or Lante one way or the other

• Love 1

I Add in that she's become this show's Babe Carey, the baby stealing pig, and I'd be happy if she dropped off the canvas never to return.  

As for Brad, he's a skeevy sexual harasser who decided he's suddenly in love (twice) and paid lip service to wanting to redeem himself while still keeping huge secrets about illegal/unethical acts he aided and abetted, affecting the family of Insta-Love #2.  

And, shallow end, neither Britt or Brad are pretty enough to make it worth it to just zone out and enjoy the pretty when they're sucking up my screen.  Thank God Britt didn't have a kid with Brad's sperm, that sucker would have had teeth down past it's non-existent chin.

Anyone who can bring a loathing for Babe Carey into the discussion goes to the head of the class in my book! She was just the worst, and a worthy comparison to bring out whenever soaps start circling the drain.

I don't hate Britt as much as you do but I wouldn't miss her if she disappeared today and took Nickolas with her. Dr. O's charm eluded me by her second appearance on screen. Villians need to have a bit of depth, not just imitate Cloris Leachman's voice in Young Frankenstein and look like Henry Kissinger. She and Franco are IMO the prime examples of how enamored Ron C. is with his own humor. Ha ha....not funny.

And Brad.....the bastard child of Pepe LePew and SpongeBob SquarePants. They should have cast him as a one-celled organism, that I'd buy. And that's the talent he has.

• Love 2

Is it an unpopular opinion that I hope Nathan and Britt boink before finding out they're siblings?

It would be worth it just to see Block O'Wood's nonreaction to it. And listen to his labored "you.....are....my.....sister?.....mother.....is......not.....my......mother?

Then watch his head explode and all those ball bearings come rolling out.

• Love 2

Nikolas is annoying as hell.  I actually feel for Britt.  I always hate it when characters bug a doctor who is trying to save their loved one - Nikolas was especially annoying about that in the hospital.  Pulling the card he is on the board just made me hate him.

• Love 1

The fact that Sonny isn't going to pay for killing AJ doesn't outrage me. After he tried to kill Jax and Carly was only allowed to hate him for a few weeks I gave up on ever seeing him truly pay. I don't care to see Michael cut him out because I know he will forgive him eventually. It's not right but it's the way it is and I just can't care anymore. 

• Love 1

It has been a long, long, long time since I've enjoyed Sonny.  However, I didn't hate him much.  I've just never found him very interesting.   However, aside from Ghost AJ taunting him, the killing of AJ and the no retribution for killing AJ has really, really made me hate the character.    

• Love 2

I wouldnt classify hating Sonny as an "unpopular opinion", but still, welcome to the fold!

Your No Upper Limit on Sonny Hate membership packet will be arriving shortly.

MY UO is that I think the weak point of the Scrubs/Purina romances/triangle is not Sabrina, but rather Patrick.  He just comes off in this as a narcissistic, self-centered, user who tell whatever lie to whatever woman is standing in front of him at any given time in order to keep his bed warm.  That scene at the aborted Purina wedding, where within the space of 15 minutes he told two different women how much he loved them and how he wanted to stay with him, just said it all to me.  He's Ridge Forrester 2.0.

My even more unpopular opinion is that I think Patrick's portrayer, Jason Thompson, makes the problem worse by not even bothering to put in an effort unless the writing for a particular scene absolutely enthralls him (which, given the writing on this show, is not often) or if he is besties with a particular co-star.  It's not that he is lousy actor, he's okay, it's that he very often can't even be arsed to try to put over a scene.  And it shows.

• Love 2

Patrick basically  abandoned his unborn baby until a week ago but we're supposed to think Sabrina is The Worst Ever? Sorry, not working for me. I don't care about Sabrina either way and do think the writing for her is very problematic, but even if she were the best character ever played by the best actress ever there's only so much she could do. She can't sell the Sabrina/Patrick pairing all by herself. I don't understand why other actors get shit on for supposedly not doing a good job while Jason Thompson gets a free pass. To me he's no better than Roger Howarth. They both purposely make poor acting choices when they don't like the material.

Another UO is I'm over Ava and I'm ready for her to sleep with Sonny so maybe Morgan will tell her to go to hell.

• Love 1

He's Ridge Forrester 2.0.

My even more unpopular opinion is that I think Patrick's portrayer, Jason Thompson, makes the problem worse by not even bothering to put in an effort unless the writing for a particular scene absolutely enthralls him (which, given the writing on this show, is not often) or if he is besties with a particular co-star.  It's not that he is lousy actor, he's okay, it's that he very often can't even be arsed to try to put over a scene.  And it shows.

"He's Ridge Forrester 2.0" - LOL. That's such a perfect description - and a scary one, to think there could be TWO such awful characters. I thought the worst possible actor insult for a male performer would be being described as "Ryan Lavery-like", but this is worse.

I don't understand why other actors get shit on for supposedly not doing a good job while Jason Thompson gets a free pass. To me he's no better than Roger Howarth. They both purposely make poor acting choices when they don't like the material.

Another UO is I'm over Ava and I'm ready for her to sleep with Sonny so maybe Morgan will tell her to go to hell.

I'm with you both when it comes to Jason Thompson. I never thought he was all that. For me, far too often, he was almost transparent in his lack of interest. And I thought/think he makes Robin an even more lackluster character than she already tends to be.

That's my most unpopular unpopular opinion, I think. I appreciate Robin because she's legacy, and is Anna Devane's daughter. Which is why I cut her as much slack as I do. But watching paint dry, for me, is more interesting. And I think KMC has either a very limited range, or just doesn't give a rats ass, and hasn't, for a long time. And making her an apologist for the Borg and Sonny, well.....didn't help.

And Ava.....Jessica Rabbit. The..the..That's ALLLL,folks! I've seen more - a LOT more -drag queens with more subtlety. Not a fan. And frankly, is all this throaty, breathy, overacting Maura West's M.O.? She seems essentially the same, if a bit more campy, than her unlamented role on Y&R.

I see her and Dr. O. as Ron C.'s love of campiness and utter lack of layered storytelling at its worst.

• Love 4

That's my most unpopular unpopular opinion, I think. I appreciate Robin because she's legacy, and is Anna Devane's daughter. Which is why I cut her as much slack as I do. But watching paint dry, for me, is more interesting. And I think KMC has either a very limited range, or just doesn't give a rats ass, and hasn't, for a long time.

Everyone else in involved in murder, kidnappings, bed hopping, paternity lies, etc and Robin doesn't do any of that. I don't think a character like her fits in on this show anymore.  Soap writers in 2014 don't know how to write *good* characters who aren't annoying, boring, and self righteous.

And Ava.....Jessica Rabbit. The..the..That's ALLLL,folks! I've seen more - a LOT more -drag queens with more subtlety.

I don't get why Julian ever decided to scheme with her. She isn't subtle AT ALL. The only reason why no one has figured out she's Connie's killer is because everyone in PC is stupid. And now she's gone and threatened Carlos, the one person left who still had her back.

• Love 2

I don't know how unpopular this is, but the Liz triangle is making me pretty sick of her.  Dangling the prospect of her lady bits to entice competition between the Burger King Prince and Corinthos-Lite really makes her look smug and shallow - and just a bit desperate.  And frankly, it makes Rick too good for her.

Nicholas, on the other hand, should win this competition.  He deserves her.

I absolutely hate the kiddie story lines. I much rather have all the kids off screen with their nannies.

Especially if their nannies dangle them head first off balconies.

It is easy to blame JT for the lack of chemistry in the Purina pairing. He's generated chemistry with many other actresses and characters on set (IMO) so one could certainly point to that as evidence that he's tanking his scenes with TeCa, or not putting his all into them, because he's not a fan of the pairing. But by the same logic, I can point out that if he's generated heat with everyone else and doesn't with TeCa, maybe the problem isn't him but her. Blood from a turnip and all that. (And since I haven't seen TeCa spark with Carrrrrrrrrrrrlos or any other actor she's been in proximity to...well, the math seems fairly straightforward...)

• Love 2

I don't even know if it's her as much as the character. Sabrina was introduced as a silly naive little girl with a schoolgirl crush on Patrick. That was her characterization until the night of the Nurse's Ball (and even then, that icky Princess dress, ugh). So pairing her with full-grown men is never going to work. She's just not a match for either of them. I think Teresa could have handled a different character well, but this character was doomed from the get-go. (I saw her on an episode of Bones where she was basically unrecognizable to me because all the Sabrina pwetty pwincess stuff was gone. I liked her. I hope she gets a better job somewhere someday.)

• Love 5

I don't have any sympathy for Morgan. He didn't deserve what happened to him per se, but he was a fool for trusting Ava as much as he did. I never thought Ava and Morgan were believable and never bought into their bullshit about being on love so I'm just happy this pairing is (hopefully) over.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm done with Alexis.  I supported the character because there were times I liked her, and even more importantly, because she's a legacy character AND a woman of a certain age who rarely gets work, let alone GOOD work, in daytime or anywhere else for that matter.  But the giggly sexually starved teenager TIIC have made her with Julian is unwatchable.  And even worse, the last straw, was her running to Sonny to tell him that Julian knew about Ava.  Way to stab the new guy in your life right in the back.  And that was made even worse by the lecture she gave Julian before she ran to Sonny, about how she gave him a chance and better not let her down.   What a hypocrite. 

I'd like Julian to let her down an abandoned mine shaft.  That would let her down.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

My unpopular opinion is that I think that Frank Valentini got a pretty big clue that GH would not be prospering this year in the Emmy nominations, so he timed the Michelle Stafford reveal to coincide with the announcements and swamp any bad news GH got there with the excitement of GH landing "the casting coup of the decade".

My even more unpopular opinion is that the tactic has clearly worked.

• Love 2
(edited)

This is painful for me to say, because I use to think TC was all that and a bag of chips back in the day, but I wouldn't miss him if he left GH.

When I first started watching GH, TC was one of my favorite actors on the show, due to various factors: 1). I think TC's acting WAS better years ago, while he occassionally still 'brings it' it is few & far between. 2). I think part of the reason TC's acting was better back in the day is probably due in part to working with SN, TG, GF, JJ-without actors of those caliber around, his acting suffers, IMO. 3). HIs storyline was much more interesting & the writing on the show was better.

Looking back, I realize that I was much more enamored with the character than the actor. It's maddening to realize that three of the highest actors (excluding TG) in GH (MB, SBu-before he left, TC)were, IMO the three most overrated actors on the show; while good, underrated actors like SN, SD, BW either got their walking papers after decades on the show, or absolutely craptacular character assasination "storylines." Even then, those actors did their best to bring some nuance & emotion to the horrible stories they were given.

Edited by ladybug
  • Love 1

I've never thought the actor playing Nathan was "hot" when pictures of him first floated around. I still don't. I don't find him attractive. His voice grates; It's as flat as my butt, which is flat as a pancake. His acting is as wooden as my bed frame.

I also think Dr. Obrecht is useless; she's not fierce or awesome. She's a manipulative, sociopathic murderer/torturer, and pathetic on top of that, "loving" another stalkerish, sociopathic murder, Faison. And to have made her the chief of staff is the hightest of insults, along with that fucking Victor Cassadine now being the head of the WSB. I don't give a fuck if that was the only way (which I don't believe), to get Thao to come back to this show.

• Love 5

I also think Dr. Obrecht is useless; she's not fierce or awesome. She's a manipulative, sociopathic murderer/torturer, and pathetic on top of that, "loving" another stalkerish, sociopathic murder, Faison. And to have made her the chief of staff is the hightest of insults, along with that fucking Victor Cassadine now being the head of the WSB. I don't give a fuck if that was the only way (which I don't believe), to get Thao to come back to this show.

It's really irritating that someone who should be a recurring supporting character (at best) is getting so much story and an instant family.

• Love 3

Still love Roger, but why Franco?? He would have been a great Cassadine or Stephen Lars.

I did like Micheal and Starr, but Kiki and Micheal, no. She has better chem with Morgan imo.

I'm over Ava. If I need to choose a Jerome to live, then I choose Julian. Jax raised Morgan better than to take back someone who shagged his bio dad.