Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I realize this is NS 2 and not GH, but I got Patrick being assy on that, a bit. Robin did tell Patrick she was going to deplete her entire savings account for Jagger and Stone, Jr. (I forget why.) But considering they were together by then, if not married, and told him without any input, I did get why he was on edge there.

Oddly, though, ASJ and JT had a decent frenemy vibe going on that.

Wasn't it for his son's autism? For a school?

I actually like ME a lot as Silas now. When he busted in at Julian's haunted Penthouse and was like "What the hell is this?" to Ava/Denise, I was like oh so he put "give character a brain" in his contract. Plus, the occasional glasses look sexy. I'm also seeing some interesting spark with him and MSt. If I have to see Franco/Nina, then seeing Silas fuck with them is cool. And RoHo/ME scenes are always great.

I still think Franco is about to be DeFrancoed because Ron's going to pull a few weird Hail Mairys and killing AJ/reviving Jason seems to be killing the show imo. Maybe that's because Billy Miller is more interesting in scenes with every character not Liz. And the more I see him with Carly, the more I want him to be AJ.

• Love 1

Wasn't it for his son's autism? For a school?

Maybe? As I said, I truly don't recall. But that sounds logical.  :-)

Well, it was Robin's money, to do with it, whatever she wanted.  And yes, it was for his son's autism.

Sorry, but except for when she's in FULL SONNY APOLOGIST MODE, I will always side with Robin. It's one of the reasons I remain bitter that she forgave his moobstery ass when she returned last year. Was it just last year? It feels longer.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'd like Avery more if she was the result of the ONS between Carly/AJ.

I like LW's Carly. Carly can be awful but she's a great soap character when written well.

Ever since Franco/Carly (inevitably) tanked she's been stuck on the back burner with nothing to do but cheerlead obsessively for Jakeson and reassure Sonny that he's a good man.

I would totally forgive the existence of Kiki if AJ woke up from his terrible coma dream and Carly was sitting there with Avery waiting to explain to him that they had a girl this time

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I'm just saying. .... it won't be that hard to make Jake into AJ. If Helena can condition him into a soldier, then she can make him into Jason. Or just suck it up and get SK back.

It would be incredibly easy to have "Jake" turn out to be absolutely anybody. Victor/Helena capturing someone, giving them plastic surgery to look like SBu Jason and downloading Jasons' memories into this individual would be rather realistic in a world where diamonds can power a freeze-gun and Sonny is the most feared mobster on the eastern seaboard.

I've joked about it in the past, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Billy takes his out after his year is up, or doesn't re-sign after two, and in the space of four episodes it's revealed that Jake was never really Jason.

• Love 2

It would be incredibly easy to have "Jake" turn out to be absolutely anybody. Victor/Helena capturing someone, giving them plastic surgery to look like SBu Jason and downloading Jasons' memories into this individual would be rather realistic in a world where diamonds can power a freeze-gun and Sonny is the most feared mobster on the eastern seaboard.

I've joked about it in the past, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Billy takes his out after his year is up, or doesn't re-sign after two, and in the space of four episodes it's revealed that Jake was never really Jason.

Which will make it incredibly easy for Nik and Liz to skate like Torvill & Dean.

Which is why I want him to be AJ's son. As much as they said AJ drank, did Teh Evul, caused global warming, I'm sure he's got more kids than Micheal. That would be wrapped up easily and they could tease he is AJ, which would explain how Luke got Skye and Lila Raye's shares- AJ is alive/AJ has a secret son that needs to be saved from Helena. It almost redeems Liz, but doesn't get Nik off the hook. Nik is like a new Cassadine for them to feud with.

But if Billy Miller stays, then Jason better embrace his Quartermaine suit wearing ways. He's more alive in scenes with CD, KeMo, FH.. i want to see him with JE.

Bur ugh Dillion reminds me of a guy from PA who wore a Hot Dog suit.....

I cannot stand the sight of Ava ,Nina, or and Franco. The unholy three carly, Sonny and Jason I have never liked. frankenRon need to spend the net few years in the unemployment line. They are no talent hacks. What makes it worse, They have no idea they are

• Love 1

Patrick acting like a daddy to Danny will always be diabolical to me.

And he hasn't been a "good" father to Emma for yeaaaaars. Just because there are other crappier fathers on the show doesn't make him a good one by default. I feel like some folks like how cute JT/Brooklyn are and translate that to the characters, tbh.

• Love 3

As cheesy as it was, the site did give examples of Patrick as a good father. Has he fucked up? Sure. But, compared to most of the fathers on this show, I buy he loves Emma and does his best for her.

The Robin situation is a no-win situation as long as RC wants to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaag it out, and soap law decrees you are part of a couple or die, so putting all of that aside, to me, Patrick is a good father. Perfect? Hell, no. But decent to good. And on THIS GH, that's high praise.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think you can pick and choose a handful of 1 min. scenes for any character and label them as good. But big picture? The fact is Patrick is barely on-screen to begin with and he has extremely limited interaction with his daughter. There was literally a months-long period where the girl was constantly at a sleepover.

It's easy to be labeled as a good father when the writers claim everything is perfect in their new family, no one has issues longer than a 30 second scene, etc. The fact that Emma hasn't been allowed to act out for at LEAST 5 episodes about why her father isn't contacting her mother is crazy.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
The fact that Emma hasn't been allowed to act out for at LEAST 5 episodes about why her father isn't contacting her mother is crazy.

Nothing will happen unless/until RC gets KMc to visit again. Does it suck? Sure. But this is RC's M.O. since he came on, so for me - and me only here - I can separate Robin from the issue of Patrick as a good dad since her absence and the refusal to wrap it up with KMc or recast has hamstrung Patrick, Anna, Emma, and even Robin herself.

The show should have either not brought Robin back from the dead until the show was ending or JT left (and I know Robin is more than Patrick; but in the eyes of this regime, Scrubs are a package deal) or divorced them when Robin WAS FIRST back from the dead and have Emma visit off screen.

Instead, we have kidnapping 3,709,142 which has turned into an unfunny running "joke" with a quickie divorce to allow for the non-couple of Sam/Patrick. And FV/RC are to blame and refuse to allow any dignity here.

• Love 6

TPTB put themselves in this situation, though. They wrote this. They wanted Robin to be a captive again. So why should I ignore the Robin factor when it comes to Patrick/Emma? I get what you're saying, but I'm also not going to give in to what Ron/Frank want, which is basically for the viewers to believe that they "Had no choice; KMc left. Just forget it!"

If they wanted Patrick and Emma and Anna and whoever to have their own stories and to be happy and to move...don't chain Robin to a wall. It's not that hard.

• Love 3

My unpopular opinion is that, whenever Ron decides to move on from GH, I will be the first to buy his tell-all behind-the-scenes memoirs of OLTL and GH.  I bet they will be epic.

(As will the lawsuits stemming from them, but that's another story ;) ).

• Love 2

I loathe and despise the character of Tracy Quartermaine and I don't give a damn about whatever pain Luke has caused her, because it's all karma coming back to her for all the horrible things she has said and done. In fact, I resent her very presence (however small) in Luke's last story, because Tracy is a living, breathing embodiment of just how far the character of Luke has gone astray. 

The very idea that anyone would prefer Tracy to Laura if they're looking for a functional, healthy relationship is completely laughable. 

I honestly wouldn't mind never seeing that hypocritical family-hating, shrewish, hateful bitch again, especially since there are other vets just as deserving of the time she spends on screen. Mac, Felicia, and Alexis come to mind here.

(I do, however, adore Jane Elliot.)

• Love 5
The very idea that anyone would prefer Tracy to Laura if they're looking for a functional, healthy relationship is completely laughable.

I think Luke's made it pretty clear over recent years that he as no interest in a functional, healthy relationship.

• Love 7

I also don't care much for Tracey. She is he own worse enemy. .I have liked Jane on Guiding Light. >lets face it Tracey is certifiable wanting Luke as was said above Luke used her in the most despicable ways .yadda  yadda  yadda.  She had more to do with Nickolas taking the company, plus I never liked her because as an A fan she was so jealous of him no matter who played him she never could b trusted. Katie 9118 said it better than me. I so looked forward to Genies return and TIIC are planning on ruining that too.

• Love 1

I haven't watched on a regular basis in a long, long time, and I know that is just Ron trying to find a quick fix to a problem we have complained about before, but I actually love the idea that Maxie is now a personal shopper. Do I wish it had come about more naturally? Yes, but that seems like the perfect job for her, and part of me still wants to like her, so there's that, too. :)

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm glad she has a job - though she seems pretty uninterested I it- but I still HATE the writing for her. Maxie wasn't dumb. She was self -absorbed and selfish sometimes but she wasn't stupid

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I know they have a long history, but I am sooooo glad Tristan Rogers/RobertFucking!Scorpio is not a part of Luke's good-bye tour.

Maybe he'll just text him.

"Sorry to miss you, old friend, but I'm busy looking for my own kidnapped child right now ... Anna says hi"

Show in my head is way better ...

• Love 9

I know they have a long history, but I am sooooo glad Tristan Rogers/RobertFucking!Scorpio is not a part of Luke's good-bye tour.

Maybe he'll just text him.

I'm just amused that Tristan's semi-ambiguous tweet about GH a few weeks ago really was about the show being a total cluster.

• Love 3

I think one of the best things this show ever did was finally end the JaSam vs Liason Wars by having Jason choose to be with Sam and marry her.* I cannot stand that Ron had to reopen this and wish he focused on another triangle or love story that had not been done yet.

*I put this in the UO thread bc I know there are a lot of Liason fans who would disagree with this. And I'm not even a JaSam fan. I was just glad Jason was no longer in a love triangle and the fans weren't at each other's throats.

• Love 3

My UO is that I still don't see any real chemistry between Jakeson and Sam.  I think part of it is that BM is playing Jake very joke-y and not at all "into" Sam at this point.  And part of it is that he's still not remotely "Jason" to me, so he doesn't seem like Sam's type at all.  (Of course, neither does Patrick.  With both men, I just can't see Sam being into them.)  I think she had better chemistry with Silas (although oddly I didn't see it with McBain).  And I think he has better chemistry with Liz and, unfortunately, Carly.  Add in that I'm always a bit squicked out by real life couples, and, given the new relationship btw KM and BM, I'd much prefer we just get a retcon that he's not Jason after all, so we can avoid the pairing completely.  

• Love 3

I can see Sam with Patrick as a rebound but not anything serious. But I don't think Jakeson and Sam work, for the same reasons you mentioned, KerleyQ

I liked Sam and McBain, but there was too much wink-wink-we-knew-each-other-in-another-life junk. Once Silas was able to show some human emotion, I liked them, but the whole PP mess really hurt them.

• Love 1

I agree - I can see Sam thinking Patrick is the kind of guy she should want to be with and giving it a go since he's willing, they're both single, and they both have young kids they can raise together.  But even if Jason was really, most sincerely, dead, I can't see her actually sticking with him long term.  Someone more exciting would come along. 

• Love 4

Patrick would no doubt find some excuse to bang someone else while he's with Sam—probably someone who doesn't know the names Jason or Jake. Hee.

You know what? As much as I HATED when he cheated on Robin, I'd almost happily take that now. At least it would be some semblance of Patrick and not the cardboard sex toy/puppet he has been since basically after RC took over.

• Love 3

You know what? As much as I HATED when he cheated on Robin, I'd almost happily take that now. At least it would be some semblance of Patrick and not the cardboard sex toy/puppet he has been since basically after RC took over.

And, seriously, WHAT is going on with his hair? He looks like a Hardy boy.

• Love 2

And, seriously, WHAT is going on with his hair? He looks like a Hardy boy.

or, you know, Steve Hardy. He's really rocking the John Beredino look right now.

• Love 3

or, you know, Steve Hardy. He's really rocking the John Beredino look right now.

Right? It's really strange. I just randomly watched a clip of him from 2009 and it's a completely different character. Hair and all.

• Love 2
(edited)
He's really rocking the John Beradino look right now.

Could the stuff we saw yesterday have been filmed at the same time as the anniversary ep? JT had that hair for those scenes. They were a long time ago, but isn't that the weird thing about block taping?

Edited by dubbel zout