Type keyword(s) to search

The Judges

xaxat
  • Start Topic

On 4/19/2020 at 1:27 AM, mlp said:

Aaron hasn't been on Chopped in a couple years, maybe longer.  He's now doing Master Chef with Gordon Ramsay so I've assumed he's no longer with FN.  I don't miss him.  He was fine when he competed and when he did Chopped After Hours but, when he was a judge, he was very pretentious as the poster above said and as I've been saying for years.  He's the same way on MC.  I honestly don't think he's very knowledgeable about anything but Mexican cooking and he covers that up with blather.

We can no longer mock him in this forum via trying to figure out how to type overenunciated Spanish, and calling him "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaron".

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/18/2020 at 3:28 AM, Delphi said:

Watching reruns on hulu and I'm so glad Aaron isn't judging anymore,  he's so fucking pretentious and,  well overly judgy.   I notice a lot that when a person makes a meal or dessert from their culture he's very quick to tell them that it's not what they say it is or it's not a dessert.   For a chef that's so protective of his own culture I just find it very disrespectful. 

On 4/18/2020 at 10:27 PM, mlp said:

Aaron hasn't been on Chopped in a couple years, maybe longer.  He's now doing Master Chef with Gordon Ramsay so I've assumed he's no longer with FN.  I don't miss him.  He was fine when he competed and when he did Chopped After Hours but, when he was a judge, he was very pretentious as the poster above said and as I've been saying for years.  He's the same way on MC.  I honestly don't think he's very knowledgeable about anything but Mexican cooking and he covers that up with blather.

I can't stand him, especially because he is so pretentious and he can't back it up because his linguistic skills are so lacking.

• Love 1

I know GZ doesn't get a lot of love on here but I enjoyed watching him and his wife on the couple's episode that reran last night. When he said how he did the show so people could see how talented his wife is...the man is not a jerk.

• Love 2

The most memorable moment of that show for me was when they announced who was chopped at the end and it was Geoffrey and Margaret. She glanced up at him and her face was all yikes, not in a good way.

Also, I'm pretty sure he did that show because they needed judges/couples. And he's in three-shows deep to FN.

8 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I know GZ doesn't get a lot of love on here but I enjoyed watching him and his wife on the couple's episode that reran last night. When he said how he did the show so people could see how talented his wife is...the man is not a jerk.

Since they changed The Kitchen to "at home" I have found GZ so much more likeable! Margaret doesn't do a lot of cooking but their daughters have been featured several times and they are totally adorable. I've noticed when Margaret tastes the food, she's a "teeth on the fork" eater, i.e. with her lips pulled back. I've always found that curious, as I'm a "lips around the fork/spoon" eater.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Grizzly said:

When he said how he did the show so people could see how talented his wife is...the man is not a jerk.

The man screwed his employees out of their owed wages and filed for bankruptcy protection to avoid paying them after they rose up and sued his ass.  How he treats his staff says a lot more to me about whether he is or is not a jerk than how he speaks on camera about the person he deemed equal enough to marry.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 12/3/2020 at 1:49 AM, Bastet said:

The man screwed his employees out of their owed wages and filed for bankruptcy protection to avoid paying them after they rose up and sued his ass.  How he treats his staff says a lot more to me about whether he is or is not a jerk than how he speaks on camera about the person he deemed equal enough to marry.

Who?

Ugh, Zakarian and Conant, I'm happy to skip their episodes (so I don't watch that many;-)

I saw a rerun last week during which Aaron bitched about a carrot/daikon salad being not spicy and then one-dimensional. I make that all the time, it's those guys in a vinegar-driven dressing. What?

Or, did he just have nothing to say and felt the need to say something so babbled about something that made no sense?

Wouldn't have been the first time.

• Love 2

I like Maneet. She is always polite. When she gets a little stern, that is when she doesn't like the dish. 

Scott was so rude when he said to one chef "this is the worst thing I ever put in my mouth." Ted said something like, that was too harsh. Good for Ted.

• Love 5
On 4/11/2021 at 10:24 PM, iwantcookies said:

Scott oozes sexiness. But he is such a jerk. 

On 4/11/2021 at 10:24 PM, iwantcookies said:

Scott oozes sexiness. But he is such a jerk. 

Woof he really porked up. And his teeth are over bleached to death. My crush on him is dead. 

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Someone wrote that about Amanda. Yikes. Hope it’s a troll!

A3D99E3B-81D6-4F66-8407-B385E7A75E11.jpeg

CF2F2A8F-9FA0-42F7-AADB-BFB6AE5AD287.jpeg

The guy is a misogynistic piece of shit. I hope Amanda gets him banned.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

That is awful.  Terrible.  Amanda is lovely and one of the nicest people on Chopped.  Also, going back to an earlier comment,  I've read that she has a long time boyfriend in her life.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

She seems nice maybe she will get married soon.

Maybe she's happy single.  My older daughter was married and divorced when she was in her early 20s.  She's been single for 30 years.  She's not gay or anything.  She just prefers answering to nobody but herself and her dog.

• Love 5

I like Marc Murphy and am always happy to see him at the table on any competitive show, but he is the one judge who, at the end of a positive critique, always has a negative or semi-negative comment.  He might say something like "You really conquered the basket ingredients better than anyone else, BUT a dash of vinegar would have helped." or "Everything about this is amazing, BUT I wish you'd chosen a different plate."  As I say, I like Marc; it's just that now I wait for the final BUT.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Geoffrey Zakarian has a show Big Restaurant Bet where he has chefs compete to win a business partnership with him. In the latest episode, the winner of a preliminary challenge won a consultation with Margaret Zakarian, who is Geoffrey's wife and business manager. 

The winner asked her about staffing a restaurant and part of Margaret's answer was about adequately budgeting for labor which I thought was ironically hilarious given Geoffrey's history of wage theft.

Geoffrey does not use chopsticks on his show.

• Love 2