Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

Let's face it: Better writing just ain't happening.

So if the show wants to at least use a character that was so popular and instills good memories for the audience...well, go for it.

Yes, the circumstances are no doubt lacking and repetitive, but I damn well am glad it appears Bo Brady will endure.

I'm sorry for KA/Hope, but again, when Hope left, there WERE better writers to write Bo's post-Hope period. Not the case now. And Bo/Hope forever go together like peanut butter/chocolate (hey, I HATE jelly! LOL!) for many people.

Because, for good or bad, NONE of the modern characters will ever have the history or enduring goodwill as the classic characters do. It's just a fact. (Hey, I just became John Black!)

To kill him off permanently was a huge mistake. He's not Extra #46.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I want Bo back alive. He is one character who should have never been killed off.

On the other hand, I’m not upset that Abby was killed off, and I’m annoyed that Chabby fans won’t let Chad move on. I don’t want a magic “return from the dead” with her.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I thought PR was on board with the idea of killing Bo off, specifically came back in '15 to do so, because he and his wife moved away from LA and weren't planning on coming back.  Given that, I suspect that he's open to coming back and doing these specials because he can simply make a short trip to LA, rather than live there, given the way the DOOL specials film.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I thought PR was on board with the idea of killing Bo off, specifically came back in '15 to do so, because he and his wife moved away from LA and weren't planning on coming back.  Given that, I suspect that he's open to coming back and doing these specials because he can simply make a short trip to LA, rather than live there, given the way the DOOL specials film.

I don't know if Peter Reckell was for Bo dying or not. But just because an actor may want something, TPTB could say no. It is their job to look at the big picture and the future.

Many actors have left soaps "for good" only to return.

So I still say Bo's death was a big mistake.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't know if Peter Reckell was for Bo dying or not. But just because an actor may want something, TPTB could say no. It is their job to look at the big picture and the future.

Many actors have left soaps "for good" only to return.

So I still say Bo's death was a big mistake.

I'm not disagreeing that Bo's death was possibly short sighted and dumb. Ludacris the way it played out if I'm being honest. I remember it went something like he made a road trip on a motorcycle with Steve, saved Hope from peril, had sex with Hope, saw his family, had sex with Hope again, got a brain tumor diagnosis from Kayla, told Rafe to look after his wife, and then died in the park moments after telling Hope he was dying.  

I was just saying that I recall that PR had been off for a while and they decided to stop writing excuses for where Bo was and finally settle the character.  So they got him to come back for the big 50th and kill off his character.  My impression was that TPTB probably thought it was a good idea (ratings and buzz) at the time and PR was fine with it cause he wasn't even living in L.A. by then, didn't plan to work full time acting again, and the DOOL streaming specials weren't a thing yet. 

Now I've not watched any of the streaming specials so I am confused how they undid or are going to undo his death since we just saw him on the show as a ghost/angel appearing to CIN and saving Tripp. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I’m annoyed that Chabby fans won’t let Chad move on. I don’t want a magic “return from the dead” with her.

It's barely been three months.  He still has no idea who or why his wife was killed. Is he supposed to already be re-married with a new baby on the way?  It's not like it's been a year and he's still grieving.  I would prefer that to romance with his drip of a once was a cousin-by-marriage Stephanie.  What is it with her and pseudo-cousins anyway? 

What exactly are Chabby fans doing to prevent him from moving on?  If Chabby fans had any power to do anything, they'd probably prefer that Abby not be dead in the first place.

I hope she does come back magically from the dead.  Given her stupid father, her coming back is pretty much in her DNA.  If the pointless retcon Stefan is so vital that he can be resurrected after getting shot in the chest, throat, wherever he got shot, I've no problem with Abigail.  Or anyone else for that matter.  It's so stupid for the show to claim one character as forever dead but then brink back another who was also forever dead.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Part of me feels bad for Rachael.  Her mother uses her and manipulates her to get what she wants.  

Disappointed that Eric did not get to have a child. 

Rafe needs therapy

Edited by tribeca
  • Like 4
On 6/26/2021 at 11:27 PM, Chellfairy said:

Bravo! Could not have put it better! He just has no sex appeal, whatsoever, at least not with females. I’m not kidding or trying to be an asshole when I say..maybe they should have him come out and try him in a relationship with a male. There is literally no other female character left to try and pair him with.

or just fire the Brick! 
unfortunately..can’t see that happening 

Honesty, I thought there was some decent chem between Rage and EJ during the aftermath of Susan's wreck. That could have been hot. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elio Kukui said:

I didn't like her at first, but I've come to really like Sloan, largely because the character went from a simple, smarmy lawyer to actually having some depth and humanity given to her.  And Jessica Serfaty clearly has a blast playing her.  She's steadily settling into playing her more and more, and I enjoy that.

It probably won't last long (especially not as long as Nicole's a factor), but I also like her a lot with Eric.  Ideally, I'd like Ron to see where they can go for a while before he reunites him with Nicole (if that's his eventual plan).  Eric can have a love life outside of Nicole, after all.

And more importantly, where the Price/DuPree women are concerned, I do side with Sloan over Paulina . . . but I side with Chanel over Sloan.  Chanel made it more than clear that what happened to Sloan's mother was an accident, and I believe her.  Sloan can be as mad as she wants, but I believe her side.  But she has more than enough right to be pissed at Paulina, because I agree with many others that she shouldn't have paid for a coverup.  Sloan and her brother (whom I expect to show up eventually) deserved to know as much of the truth as possible.

The only confusing part to me is that I'm trying to figure out why Eric takes her side in that so easily without at least trying to hear out Paulina and Chanel's side of it.  He usually hears out all sides before choosing one.  Even Belle and Paulina were (unpleasantly) shocked in him so readily believing Sloan.

So . . . yeah.  My UO.

Well stated, and not an UO with me, either.  I'm still not crazy about Sloan, but I'm even less so with Paulina's boneheaded sense of entitlement.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I'm probably the last person holding onto this ship, but I don't like that Xander and Sarah's relationship has been torn to shreds repeatedly and in such ugly ways.

I'm not saying they were the best couple ever, but I liked seeing Xander treat someone well and be a gentle human being for a change. That she brought that out in him was nice, and they just looked good together and had a playful chemistry.

They've had two marriage ceremonies on the show - one which was a dream because Sarah was abducted, and another which was promptly undone by Xander randomly being poor (how?) and doing something insanely stupid, causing a death and then cheating on Sarah...

Not to go back to my least favorite subject, but why is it Ben's difficulties with twu wuv Ciara never involved him doing anything questionable like cheating or actually wanting to kill her? In all the obstacles he faced, his hands were always squeaky clean...yet Xander is very much to blame for his mistakes. That's entirely due to how the writers treat him. It's immensely frustrating, even if I recognize he works best as a grey character.

It would have been nice to see them just be a happy couple for a little while. Instead, even after what felt like a year apart and a painful dead baby storyline before that, Sarah now looks like an idiot for ever being with him because, apparently, he's learned nothing and not repaired his reputation at all. His baffling solution to joblessness is to kidnap someone, and then get involved with the horrid woman who gave his wife brain damage...! Unreal.

It's just deeply upsetting because this "great love" has reduced all involved to even worse versions of themselves than they were before it began...in spite of the potential that was there.

I realize there can be missteps in soaps, but generally speaking aren't we supposed to enjoy the love stories because of how much better the characters become through them? How much more nuanced and interesting? How much more developed they are?

If the point of pairing them up was to have Xander become a better person, they haven't paid that off. Sure, he spared Susan but still...why even do the kidnapping in the first place?

And why touch Gwen with a ten foot pole?

There was enough drama to mine there just from a popular doctor being married to an ex-con kidnapping former brute...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
5 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

IOW, not everyone's disappointed with Xander and Sarah's complete destruction.  Some, like myself, are glorying in it.

I'm happy you've found some enjoyment in this storyline, but for me it's nothing more than a further descent into the idiocy of Show's current storyline and character development.

We've had plenty of couples in the past, where one or the other started out on the shady side and moved into the light, due to the "power of love", corny as it undoubtedly is, so expecting the same from the Sarah and Xander coupling wasn't silly to believe in.  Show, currently, though, has no investment in anything remotely resembling actual human feeling and reaction.  Unless Show gives Julie a couple of over-acting, cringey scenes.

I forget that sometimes.  Or, often.  We've seen plenty of successful redemption storylines, and it's not out of the ball park to have thought Xander and Sarah might have followed that same plot line. 

I love both actors and characters and I'm sorry Show decided to dump both for ....... what, laughs?   

To be honest, it's been ages since Show has gotten an honest laugh out of me.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
25 minutes ago, boes said:

I forget that sometimes.  Or, often.  We've seen plenty of successful redemption storylines, and it's not out of the ball park to have thought Xander and Sarah might have followed that same plot line. 

Lest we forget, Steve Johnson was brought on as a generic goon to TERRORIZE Kayla. And we see how they turned out.

See also: Rapist Jack and sweet, spunky Jennifer.

So no, I also am of the school of thought that wanting Xander/Sarah makes no sense. THIS soap and a bunch of its big pairings - as above - were from the same blueprint.

Hell, even the long-gone days, pardon the pun, of rapist Bill Horton and Laura Horton and Doug Williams, ex-con and Julie, centerpiece (in the day) Horton granddaughter, were early takes on love reforming the black-hat characters.

So I won't apologize for believing the same COULD HAVE been done for Xander/Sarah. The difference here is, Ron values his creation/pet Gwen over Sarah HORTON, and he is a lazy hack with fellow hacks like Jamey Giddens who can only write black and white villainy cloaked in tired camp and can't write ROMANCE - a soap's bread and butter - to save their lives.

Sex is not romance, but that is all there is for most of these couples now.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
3 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

Ah, but a major difference exists here.  Steve and Jack both worked for their redemptions

Of course they did. But why/how did they do that?

The WRITING.

Xander could just as easily go from black to gray, but it's beyond clear that Ron and Company prefer to go the path of least resistance and not do ANY sort of character exploration whatsoever. Thus Xander will forever twirl a villainous mustache for...reasons.

And to facilitate Ron's idea of "fun".

It will always make me wonder how Xander would have/could have progressed with character-driven writers that had the talent, time, and gave half a damn.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't need or want every character to be redeemed so I'm glad they've decided to go this way with Xander. I think PT works far better like this anyway. He embarrasses me when he tries to play Xander all lovey dovey and woobified lol.

100% This⬆️

• Like 5
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't need or want every character to be redeemed so I'm glad they've decided to go this way with Xander. I think PT works far better like this anyway. He embarrasses me when he tries to play Xander all lovey dovey and woobified lol.

And it could make Sarah a tolerable character as well, because her baby voice was just.  The.  WORST!

My unpopular opinion is that I still hate Gabi.  I stopped watching for a long time and this week I got caught up on all episodes since John Aniston's last show...  Any scenes with Gabi made me remember that I didn't really miss it all that much, LOL. 

I don't mind a few of the new characters, like Stephanie, and I don't mind that Tripp is back.  Sloan can leave any day now.  And Ben/Alex still takes some getting used to!   

• Like 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't need or want every character redeemed, either.  But I did want Xander to be.  I like the character and the actor and villains leave me cold really fast, and bored as well.  Snidely Whiplash types get very tedious, for me, in anything but very small doses.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
13 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

Yes, but there've also been stories (on this soap and others) of those who've tried to move into the light (or even those who did move into the light), but ultimately went back to shady once again.  And they ultimately did so because either their supposed will to go good just wasn't strong enough, or they realized that they actually preferred being on the shady side of things.  Actually, Xander's reverted twice now, each time for one of those reasons.

....not sure I agree. His Clown Mask fiasco was framed as being purely about money. Not revenge or the fun of it. He seemed uncomfortable the entire time. Compare that to him kidnapping Joey or confronting Theresa on her wedding day or locking Ericole in the furnace - not the same vibe.

This isn't Xander saying "let me be me!" either. It's the writers saying "um...how can we complicate this duo's lives?" They'll probably yoyo with Xander the same way they did with Gabi....and it'll just mess him up.

• Like 8

I did like Xander/Sarah together but the actor's chemistry carried that pairing more than an actual story between them. Imagine if they had good writing. However, the actual characters as presented currently don't fit as a couple because Xander will never change and Sarah needs him too. 

Gwen does accept Xander for who he is but she's just so insufferable to me. It would be a lot easier if they just embraced that they're bad and not pretend they want to change. Instead its the opposite.

I do think Xander works best as a standalone character/thug but that's only if he wasn't sticking around long term. He is and he would need to be more humane for it to work. The show wants both and it doesn't work.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I did like Xander/Sarah together but the actor's chemistry carried that pairing more than an actual story between them. Imagine if they had good writing. However, the actual characters as presented currently don't fit as a couple because Xander will never change and Sarah needs him too. 

Gwen does accept Xander for who he is but she's just so insufferable to me.

👏👏👏👏

Well said.

Aaaaand I guess now Xander's ruined for the foreseeable future.

Terrific.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

My unpopular opinion is that I don't see Sarah as a moral person, and I think Xarah could work as is. Sarah was willing to forgive Xander relatively quickly - after a conversation with Maggie and Bonnie - regarding his role in Susan's death. It was finding him with Gwen that ultimately destroyed the couple. So far, the two have a history of Xander doing something evil, Sarah getting mad...forgiveness. They are basically a younger Victor/Maggie. Maggie herself has become a lot less moral since her marriage to Victor.

I never really bought Sarah being Xander's conscious. The two were played more for comedic relief after the baby switch, and they just recently started to be given gravitas again with the Susan kidnapping, Xander lying and gaslighting Sarah storyline.

That being said, I prefer for the end of Xarah. Sarah feels like an adult away from him. I wouldn't mind a Gabi/Stefan/Sarah/Chad or Alex quad.

Edited by 4evaQuez
eta: I originally typed Jake instead of Stefan.
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

Sarah was willing to forgive Xander relatively quickly - after a conversation with Maggie and Bonnie - regarding his role in Susan's death. It was finding him with Gwen that ultimately destroyed the couple.

Really!?

Wow is that terrible writing.

Not that they ever really established Sarah's justification for loving such a dangerous felon.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

So he decided that they might as well just stop trying with others and unapologetically be whom they used to be.

And may that please continue!

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Not that they ever really established Sarah's justification for loving such a dangerous felon.

They had her saying she was turned on basically by his bad boy ways. I agree with @4evaQuezthat Sarah honestly really isn't too 'moral' or 'good' for her and Xander to work but I think the show wants her to be that so if that's the case they need to give up on Sarah/Xander. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

My unpopular opinion is that I don't see Sarah as a moral person, and I think Xarah could work as is. Sarah was willing to forgive Xander relatively quickly - after a conversation with Maggie and Bonnie - regarding his role in Susan's death. It was finding him with Gwen that ultimately destroyed the couple. So far, the two have a history of Xander doing something evil, Sarah getting mad...forgiveness. They are basically a younger Victor/Maggie. Maggie herself has become a lot less moral since her marriage to Victor.

I never really bought Sarah being Xander's conscious. The two were played more for comedic relief after the baby switch, and they just recently started to be given gravitas again with the Susan kidnapping, Xander lying and gaslighting Sarah storyline.

That being said, I prefer for the end of Xarah. Sarah feels like an adult away from him. I wouldn't mind a Gabi/Stefan/Sarah/Chad or Alex quad.

I think Sarah is more moral than Xander she wouldn't deliberately take a life and has a limit. Xander doesn't unless Sarah tells him to have one. I also don't think she's his conscience either. Maggie is more believable in that role for him. 

• Like 6
On 9/9/2022 at 5:57 PM, Peanut6711 said:

Now I've not watched any of the streaming specials so I am confused how they undid or are going to undo his death since we just saw him on the show as a ghost/angel appearing to CIN and saving Tripp. 

If I'm reading things right, and trying to gather some good "logic" going with what they just did with Marlena/Kayla/Kate, Bo's body was preserved by Megan Hathaway. That was established in Beyond Salem 2 that she has him on ice. His "spirit" has been in Heaven but his actual body has been in a cryogenic chamber. So we're seeing Bo in Heaven and doing Heavenly duties because his spirit isn't in his body. Yet. 

• Like 1

Unpopular opinions 

I like Belle and Shawn.

i like Eric and Nicole 

I like Eric and Sloan for now 

I like Eric

I enjoy Sloan and it nice to have a good lawyer in town. 
prefer Li/Gabi 

I hate Cadbury eggs 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Unpopular opinions 

I like Belle and Shawn.

i like Eric and Nicole 

I like Eric and Sloan for now 

I like Eric

I enjoy Sloan and it nice to have a good lawyer in town. 
prefer Li/Gabi 

I hate Cadbury eggs 

These two opinions are unpopular? Sounds right to me. Although I wouldn't expect Sloan to stay competent for long if she sticks around long term.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

Belle and Melinda have, so Sloan might.

They don't take on every case which helps.

Not to mention most of the criminals Melinda prosecutes ends up going free so not really she's just not as mocked as Justin is.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

These two opinions are unpopular? Sounds right to me. Although I wouldn't expect Sloan to stay competent for long if she sticks around long term.

I seem to remember a lot of posters not liking her. 

• Like 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I would like Ciara to come back divorced and a strong business women.  I always felt she was a good character away from Ben.  

I don't think that's unpopular and I watched her in the Beyond Salem series. I definitely agree she's a lot easier to take when she's not all about Ben.  If they had written Ciara like this to begin with she would be better off but putting her with Ben ruined most if not all her credibility(despite Ben coming across more likeable than her despite being a serial killer)

Speaking of UO I don't hate Rafe as much as I used to probably because other characters are worse than him right now. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I would like Ciara to come back divorced and a strong business women.  I always felt she was a good character away from Ben.  

I would like for Ciara to be a psychiatrist. VJ's Ciara (the teenage/adult Ciara before VK) showed an interest in psychiatry after her rape, and she even shared scenes with Marlena as her mentor before the show moved her into Chad's orbit post-Abby's first "death."

I think psychiatry would be a good antidote for VK's Ciara's biggest flaw as a character, her selfishness, and refusal to see the harm her and Ben's actions cause others. The show also desperately needs a new psychiatrist as Marlena needs a suitable replacement. Also, I think "business" people on Days feel interchangeable in their jobs and characterizations. I also think psychiatrist better honors Bo and Hope as characters as a psychiatrist is still a heroic profession that serves the community like detectives. A "business" person would encourage Ron and other writers to write Ciara as a "Kiriakis" and as a female Victor, instead of honoring the heroic qualities of Bo and Hope while still distinguishing Ciara as her own person. 

It would also honor the legacy of Horton doctors at Salem University Hospital as we currently don't have any in Salem. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
9 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I would like for Ciara to be a psychiatrist. VJ's Ciara (the teenage/adult Ciara before VK) showed an interest in psychiatry after her rape, and she even shared scenes with Marlena as her mentor before the show moved her into Chad's orbit post-Abby's first "death."

I think psychiatry would be a good antidote for VK's Ciara's biggest flaw as a character, her selfishness, and refusal to see the harm her and Ben's actions cause others. The show also desperately needs a new psychiatrist as Marlena needs a suitable replacement. Also, I think "business" people on Days feel interchangeable in their jobs and characterizations. I also think psychiatrist better honors Bo and Hope as characters as a psychiatrist is still a heroic profession that serves the community like detectives. A "business" person would encourage Ron and other writers to write Ciara as a "Kiriakis" and as a female Victor, instead of honoring the heroic qualities of Bo and Hope while still distinguishing Ciara as her own person. 

It would also honor the legacy of Horton doctors at Salem University Hospital as we currently don't have any in Salem. 

I always wanted Eric to follow his mother's footsteps and become a psychiatrist where he could counsel people without being neutered when they made him a priest.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/24/2023 at 10:53 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Speaking of UO I don't hate Rafe as much as I used to probably because other characters are worse than him right now. 

The decision to make Rafe a bitter divorced dude and starting up a flirtmance with Jada who also hates Nicole has honestly been a good one. Rafe spitefully throwing out the pie that Nicole made for Thanksgiving was a good moment. He's always been such a bland Ken Doll that I liked seeing him act more human.

I also really loved the moment between EJ and Rafe at the cliff after Susan died.

I enjoy Tripp, but that's mainly because I'm really, really attracted to loveable yet dumb frat boys. Lmao

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

Tripp doesn't really give dumb to me. He's a doctor. He does give loser though. It feels like they bring him on every few months just to be the loser in a love triangle. I like him better when he has a little more edge so I keep wishing he'd go crazy after being the loser all the time.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The decision to make Rafe a bitter divorced dude and starting up a flirtmance with Jada who also hates Nicole has honestly been a good one. Rafe spitefully throwing out the pie that Nicole made for Thanksgiving was a good moment. He's always been such a bland Ken Doll that I liked seeing him act more human.

I also really loved the moment between EJ and Rafe at the cliff after Susan died.

I enjoy Tripp, but that's mainly because I'm really, really attracted to loveable yet dumb frat boys. Lmao

I agree he should stay this way have more snark and sarcasm in his scenes. It adds some life to the character. I think Jada probably deserves better but honestly there's nobody else currently on the show I would pair her with. I also find it hard to believe Rafe could treat her worse than Eric has tbh. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, BoredAtHome said:

My UO is that Brady is a first rate jerk and respects no one. 

That's not unpopular around here, not at all.  Brady has been better lately, yeah, but his jerk gene breaks out with the slightest push.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

I still can't get over him forcing Nicole to leave town when she realized she still loved Eric. Then she "died" and they were kept apart for years.

Or him nearly slapping up Eve when she came to the K mansion, and then getting engaged to her.

Or treating Theresa like shit during the custody battle after she left town to keep him and Tate safe.

Or him letting those two sisters rip into each other over him.

...or hey, how about boinking your insane almost stepmom and then cutting out any family members who objected?

Brady's tremendously messed up. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I still can't get over him forcing Nicole to leave town when she realized she still loved Eric. Then she "died" and they were kept apart for years.

Or him nearly slapping up Eve when she came to the K mansion, and then getting engaged to her.

Or treating Theresa like shit during the custody battle after she left town to keep him and Tate safe.

...or hey, how about boinking your insane almost stepmom and then cutting out any family members who objected?

I chalk this up to his father marrying somebody who he loves more than his kids and is still obsessed with slathering in whipped cream well into their seventies (not that there's anything wrong with that I just don't want to see it - that includes when they were younger). If Isabella had lived Brady would not have his obvious mommy issues and she wouldn't let him act like an asshole. Even her ghost seemed over it last time she appeared to chastise him over burying Viv alive in the casket with her name on it

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

How exactly did he treat Theresa like crap during the custody battle? When Theresa left Brady didn't know why she left to begin with(which was a stupid exit that made Shane/Kim look awful for no reason but I digress) and when she did return she left Chloe there and didn't bother telling anyone. 

17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

How exactly did he treat Theresa like crap during the custody battle? When Theresa left Brady didn't know why she left to begin with(which was a stupid exit that made Shane/Kim look awful for no reason but I digress) and when she did return she left Chloe there and didn't bother telling anyone. 

Yeah it did make Shane look inept as hell...

Brady didn't hear Theresa out or forgive her for putting him and Tate first, which was the point of her leaving like that. Then, he blamed her for leaving Chloe behind even though they were both hostages and Theresa was barely able to get Xander to help her outta there - and he loathes her to begin with!

And in top of that, he stayed involved with Eve and fought to have custody of Tate. He allowed these two sisters to go to battle over him, essentially, since both wanted to marry him.

I don't remember all the details of the court case - it's been a while - but he was his usual condemning, venom-spewing self. He inevitably treats all women who get involved with him like garbage. And didn't someone try to plant drugs at JJ's apartment where Theresa was staying just to make her seem unfit or something?

A real man would have said "Okay. I still hate what you did and how it hurt us, but you made a brave sacrifice and suffered for months, and I appreciate that and feel bad for you. It's not cool for me to try and marry your sister and drive a wedge between you two in the process. I can't see the two of you hating each other because of me as being good for Tate...so I'm calling off the engagement and agreeing to splitting custody. We all need time to process and heal. Fair?"

That's where things kinda ended up anyway right? But because this is a soap, everyone had to be terrible first and create drama.

And let's get real, he never loved Eve. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2