Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Carly was the worst thing to have happened to General Hospital...

When they made her a focal point I have to agree. I think the GH writers copied Days with certain dynamics. I always thought Carly was based on Sami on Days right down to the whole Will/Michael dynamic. 

Except on Days at least Sami gets dragged by people despite being a focal point at the expense of everyone else. Carly not so much.

• Love 4
On 6/22/2021 at 2:56 AM, Pearson80 said:

I love your post and Carrie should have been the lead heroine of her generation but the show was only interested in Sami.. Carrie existed solely to react to Sami's latest scheme to get Austin and nothing more.. She became an idiotic self-righteous saccharine hypocrite. A damn shame since she was resourceful intelligent determined brave as a young kid.  Carrie facing off against Stefano on his island as a kid was a just a taste of what she would have been like as an adult with writers who cared about writing for her.  She was a mini Roman with a dash of  her stepmother Marlena's empathy and I adored her characterization.  The show failed to explore her mommy issues with Anna. 

The Rojohn/Marlena/Carrie dynamic was just awesome and it is a shame that John not being Roman ruined all of that.. When Carrie came back recently under Ron she had no scenes with Jarlena, a travesty. Yet, we get endless scenes of Sami attacking John like we were back in the 90's.. 

And they broke Austin and Carrie up again for no particular reason and as usual we didnt see any fallout whatsoever. For a couple reasonably popular ,their contrieved failed marriege should have played out onscreen. 

I am still disgusted that Carlivati brought her back  and had her engage in a sleazy pointless one night stand with Rafe . Ofcourse she wasnt there for the fallout scenes . Probably done to prop up Rafe as a quasi Gig0lo whose job it is to service the Brady Sisters for one night .

Thank Goodness Cassie Brady is offscreen otherwise Rafe would have made it a hatrick by servicing Cassie for one night like he did for Sami and Carrie. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/21/2021 at 5:40 PM, 4evaQuez said:

My Rafe hate comes from his earlier years when the show wrote him as a villain but presented him as a hero. Having someone constantly trying to steal other men's children and covering up horrific crimes and even throwing his own sister under the proverbial bus, Arianna, is where my hatred stems. Also, in his earlier years, Rafe got a lot of unearned screen time. I think he's more bearable now because the show treats him more like a B list or even C+ list character, but he's still not instrumental to the show, even after being on it for more than a decade.

They culled Lucas and went full steam ahead to prop up Daniel and Rafe at his expense and TIIC largely failed to establish Rafe and Daniel as leading man. When both characters departed ,i didnt even miss their presence nor did I clamour for their return. I was just relieved they were finally gone. 

Fact is when Lucas was one of the leads after his 2003 return ,the show averaged about 2.6  million viewers even during its weakest period in 2006 . When they dumped Lucas as one of the leads, Corday's chosen leading men (Rafe ,Daniel ,EJ and Martsolf's Brady) failed to even help get the ratings back to 2.6 Million viewers. The show never ever broke through the 2.5 million viewer barrier with Rafe and Co shoved down our throats for close to 10 years  .  The shows ratings mostly stayed in the 2.4 Million viewership range . 

Atleast  now Rafe is  finally being treated as a C -list character , a position well deserved. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
(edited)

I hate Rafe because Lucas was sacrificed at his altar. He is also played by a bland boring actor who brings nothing to the table.  I cannot remember any storyline where Rafe was ever exciting, he was always a self-righteous hypocritical jerk.  They threw so many women at him hoping that lightning would strike and nothing has worked. All of the women who were were paired with him went down in my estimation.  He is dead weight and should have been fired years ago.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

I don't know about exciting but the storyline where they had two different Rafes was the only time I found him memorable.  Probably because I felt when he played Bad Rafe that's how Rafe should've been.

I oddly enough liked GG way more on Passions than I do on Days and he had a better pairing too.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I hate Rafe because Lucas was sacrificed at his altar. He is also played by a bland boring actor who brings nothing to the table.  I cannot remember any storyline where Rafe was ever exciting, he was always a self-righteous hypocritical jerk.  They threw so many women at him hoping that lightning would strike and nothing has worked. All of the women who were were paired with him went down in my estimation.  He is dead weight and should have been fired years ago.

Bravo! Could not have put it better! He just has no sex appeal, whatsoever, at least not with females. I’m not kidding or trying to be an asshole when I say..maybe they should have him come out and try him in a relationship with a male. There is literally no other female character left to try and pair him with.

or just fire the Brick! 
unfortunately..can’t see that happening 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Bravo! Could not have put it better! He just has no sex appeal, whatsoever, at least not with females. I’m not kidding or trying to be an asshole when I say..maybe they should have him come out and try him in a relationship with a male. There is literally no other female character left to try and pair him with.

or just fire the Brick! 
unfortunately..can’t see that happening 

Haven't gay men suffered enough. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 1/30/2021 at 11:42 PM, Rafael said:

Im not saying it should be a regular thing. Like a once off slap down . Come on guys ,Lexie flirting with and sleeping with 3 dudes , including Abe's baby brother , did kind of reduce the man to a chump . Even you guys have to admit that. 

I feel like this is something like folklore that just gets repeated enough and people believe it. 

Lexi has only ever had one affair, and that was with Tek. She had an attraction to Jonah but never acted on it. When she slept with Brandon her and Abe were separated and getting a divorce. 

Not saying her behavior has been great but even the TEK affair had some nuance to it considering she was dating TEK when Abe came back from the dead. 

• Love 6

I wished the writers would have hooked up Justin with Valerie. I think that could have been interesting. It was a shame she was wasted on Abe. And also, maybe we could have been spared that train wreck that is Bonnie Lockhart.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I miss Will.  
whenever Marlena interacts with Ben I feel like he has replaced Will.  It makes me dislike Ben more then I already do. 

While I agree that Marlena has replaced Will for Ben, I will never miss Will. I stopped liking him around the time he learned how to speak.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I miss Will.  
whenever Marlena interacts with Ben I feel like he has replaced Will.  It makes me dislike Ben more then I already do. 

Thank you for saying that because I could not understand why I have such an aversion to the Ben/Marlena relationship and it has to do with Will being replaced in her heart by his murderer.. Marlena has no loyalty to anybody but John..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Thank you for saying that because I could not understand why I have such an aversion to the Ben/Marlena relationship and it has to do with Will being replaced in her heart by his murderer.. Marlena has no loyalty to anybody but John..

I think this is also another reason why I don't care for Jarlena as a couple they would choose each other before either of them would choose their own children. I don't get that with other characters/couples.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think this is also another reason why I don't care for Jarlena as a couple they would choose each other before either of them would choose their own children. I don't get that with other characters/couples.

I honestly don't get this reasoning. Their youngest child is in her 40s (I'm not counting Paul) with a daughter in her 20s. Why would they not put each other first?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

What are you taking about? Will forgave Ben, so there’s no “Ben replaced Will” in Marlena’s heart. Marlena still loves and adores Will. She’s not choosing one over the other. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

What are you taking about? Will forgave Ben, so there’s no “Ben replaced Will” in Marlena’s heart. Marlena still loves and adores Will. She’s not choosing one over the other. 

For me, Marlena's interactions with Ben is problematic given how he did kill Will until the show resurrected him.  I don't like the Ben/Marlena relationship since I find it to be disloyal. I don't see his other grandmother Kate, kissing Ben's ass..

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

For me, Marlena's interactions with Ben is problematic given how he did kill Will until the show resurrected him.  I don't like the Ben/Marlena relationship since I find it to be disloyal. I don't see his other grandmother Kate, kissing Ben's ass..

But Will has forgiven Ben. Your original post said that Marlena was being somewhat disloyal to Will by giving therapy to Ben. But that’s not true, because Will likes Ben now. 

56 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

But Will has forgiven Ben. Your original post said that Marlena was being somewhat disloyal to Will by giving therapy to Ben. But that’s not true, because Will likes Ben now. 

That just makes Will an idiot. Will can forgive Ben. But being his best buddy and best man at his wedding? Idiotic.

• Love 8
(edited)
46 minutes ago, nilyank said:

That just makes Will an idiot. Will can forgive Ben. But being his best buddy and best man at his wedding? Idiotic.

Exactly! because of Ben's actions, Will's daughter was separated from her dad and grieved him thinking her dad was dead.  That harm towards Arianna can never be undone..  To see Marlena and Will loving and supporting Ben is just asinine. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Remember the Marlena dies episode.   They show her all troubles her kids and grandkids are having no reaction.  Then they show John getting married to another woman.  That’s when marlena decided to live ! 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I honestly don't get this reasoning. Their youngest child is in her 40s (I'm not counting Paul) with a daughter in her 20s. Why would they not put each other first?

My reasoning is if something happened to one of their kids and they had to choose their kid first over their spouse I don't see John or Marlena making that move. There was a period where Brady disliked Marlena but John would never feel conflicted over it he would still choose Marlena. Sami knew about the Jarlena affair and hated their relationship but Marlena would never feel torn between Sami and John she would choose John.

Even with Dannifer Jennifer felt conflicted about being with Daniel knowing how much JJ hated him(granted it didn't last as long as I hoped but still I know Jennifer would choose her child over some man).  Hope left Bo over him covering up Chelsea's role in Zack's death. 

I don't see John or Marlena putting their kids above each other.

42 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Remember the Marlena dies episode.   They show her all troubles her kids and grandkids are having no reaction.  Then they show John getting married to another woman.  That’s when marlena decided to live ! 

Yep this was something I was also thinking. John being with someone else is a bridge too far for her.. which is why as much as I dislike Sami the fact she doesn't worship Marlena like the other children is probably her best quality.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

My reasoning is if something happened to one of their kids and they had to choose their kid first over their spouse I don't see John or Marlena making that move. There was a period where Brady disliked Marlena but John would never feel conflicted over it he would still choose Marlena. Sami knew about the Jarlena affair and hated their relationship but Marlena would never feel torn between Sami and John she would choose John.

Even with Dannifer Jennifer felt conflicted about being with Daniel knowing how much JJ hated him(granted it didn't last as long as I hoped but still I know Jennifer would choose her child over some man).  Hope left Bo over him covering up Chelsea's role in Zack's death. 

I guess I just have a different interpretation because Marlena did choose Roman - and by extension Sami and Carrie - over John during the affair storyline. She chose her family, and it was Roman who left Marlena, and it was Sami who was so angry about the affair that she chose to live with Roman instead of Marlena although Marlena wanted Sami with her and Belle. John and Marlena then spent literal years a part before they reconnected romantically and by then Sami's hatred of John and resentment of Marlena was so strong that any "choosing" Marlena would have to do between Sami and John would be because of Sami many, many nefarious plots to hurt people like John and Carrie, including getting John addicted to drugs. Sami was also a bonified adult by the time Marlena/John reunited and Sami was a mother. I don't really see Marlena "choosing" John over Sami because the one time she was ever in a position to choose either, Marlena chose her family over John.

I also don't particularly agree with the Marlena/John/Brady interpretation. By that point, the SORASED Brady was angry with John's wife. Marlena and John were married and Marlena was not abusing Brady, making him feel unwelcomed in his home, treating him differently from Belle, etc. Brady was the one going through young adult angst (wasn't he in his early 20s by then or close to it) and using Marlena as a target for said angst. John standing by his wife who is treating Brady like her son in every way imaginable regardless of his petulance is exactly what John should do, imo. 

Bo/Hope/Chelsea - I agree with you, but I also feel IT is different from the John/Marlena examples. Chelsea is the cause for Zack's death and Bo chose to cover that up, as you mentioned in your post. Bo's actions are helping to harm Hope. I don't see that as Hope choosing Zack over Bo, but she rightfully left Bo because he choose to continue the harm to Hope by trying to prevent their son from receiving justice in his hit and run. I can't think of a time John or Marlena intentionally harmed the other or continued to harm the other in the way that Bo did to Hope during that storyline.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I guess I just have a different interpretation because Marlena did choose Roman - and by extension Sami and Carrie - over John during the affair storyline. She chose her family, and it was Roman who left Marlena, and it was Sami who was so angry about the affair that she chose to live with Roman instead of Marlena although Marlena wanted Sami with her and Belle. John and Marlena then spent literal years a part before they reconnected romantically and by then Sami's hatred of John and resentment of Marlena was so strong that any "choosing" Marlena would have to do between Sami and John would be because of Sami many, many nefarious plots to hurt people like John and Carrie, including getting John addicted to drugs. Sami was also a bonified adult by the time Marlena/John reunited and Sami was a mother. I don't really see Marlena "choosing" John over Sami because the one time she was ever in a position to choose either, Marlena chose her family over John.

I also don't particularly agree with the Marlena/John/Brady interpretation. By that point, the SORASED Brady was angry with John's wife. Marlena and John were married and Marlena was not abusing Brady, making him feel unwelcomed in his home, treating him differently from Belle, etc. Brady was the one going through young adult angst (wasn't he in his early 20s by then or close to it) and using Marlena as a target for said angst. John standing by his wife who is treating Brady like her son in every way imaginable regardless of his petulance is exactly what John should do, imo. 

Bo/Hope/Chelsea - I agree with you, but I also feel IT is different from the John/Marlena examples. Chelsea is the cause for Zack's death and Bo chose to cover that up, as you mentioned in your post. Bo's actions are helping to harm Hope. I don't see that as Hope choosing Zack over Bo, but she rightfully left Bo because he choose to continue the harm to Hope by trying to prevent their son from receiving justice in his hit and run. I can't think of a time John or Marlena intentionally harmed the other or continued to harm the other in the way that Bo did to Hope during that storyline.

You see it like I see it. 

• Love 1
On 7/11/2021 at 10:02 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, I don't really give a shit about Will one way or the other but I so agree that it's fucked up that they've replaced him with Ben with regards to Marlena.

Who’s Will, lol! 
But, simply put, just replace Ben!

• LOL 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

This!! I do believe Brady was in his early 20’s and he treated Marlena like SHIT. She was nothing but gracious and kind. Happy that John did the right thing

Brady rolled back in to Salem all bad-ass (hmmm..kinda like Ciara 🤔🙄) and was an all around jerk. Quite the chip on his shoulder. 
And don’t get me started on his going after a high school ghoul girl.. who was in a relationship with “Uncle “ Phil(ip). Just pissed me off that he always came out on top . Instant good guy status!

However, if they’re going to go for Broe again, I’d rather  OG/KL Brady than EM Brady

This may be an unpopular opinion- idea 

but I say..bring back KL as Brady and have EM recast.. as Eric? !!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
On 7/11/2021 at 9:33 AM, tribeca said:

I miss Will.  

This. A THOUSAND times THIS.

That we even got that fake Halloween scene of Marlena strangling Will a year or so ago pissed me off royally. It's like the show thinks it's cute that Will keeps getting murdered or sidelined because of office politics. It's not cute. It's really sick.

And Ben keeps getting propped.

It makes no sense at all, in any way, that Doctor Marlena Evans would adore this guy. None.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I miss Will too. What happened to him? 

On the show?  He and Sonny moved to Arizona to work with one of Sonny's nonexistent brothers.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

You know what?  Beauregard Aurelius "Bo" Brady should stay dead,,…why waste time killing someone off and letting us get emotionally involved only to have the character return…it makes me feel cheated and like i wasted my time getting involved… like that Salem Stalker storyline where everybody came back from the dead. It cheapens the genre . 

• Love 4

Here are mine

Abigail is a good character.  she drives stories and causes many different reactions in the audience.  I also think both adult actors who portrayed Abigail are better actors then given credit for   

I like Lani most times   The only times I did not like Lani was her friendship with Kristin   It really made her look weak and dumb   And when she was giving her blessing with conditions to her aunt marrying her dad.   

• Love 6

Well those are unpopular with me well the Lani part mostly. I do agree Abby does drive stories even if I don't care for her. My biggest issue with her is that she is treated with kid gloves by everyone(except Jack at times) its ok for Jennifer, JJ etc to have been mad at her for faking her death(although JJ was initally), not taking her mental illness seriously, leaving her kids behind etc.  Nobody seems to call her out for being a bad parent except Gwen of all people.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, boes said:

I like Sarah.  Even when she's using the little girl voice, though I prefer not.

But I like her and I'm happy she's back.

As exhausting as she can be she's an inherently decent person which soaps need more of. I just wish they gave her more grounded storylines.. I know that's a lot to ask considering the soap we're talking about.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, boes said:

I like Sarah.  Even when she's using the little girl voice, though I prefer not.

But I like her and I'm happy she's back.

Yep, me too. Too bad the dreck she has to play now is painfully awful. But I hope to see the real Sarah back sooner than later.

• Love 7
(edited)

Finally the serial Killer and Ciara are gone !!!

even the media had no shame shoving this dreadful couple down our throats . From that Doug and Julie photoshoot ripoff to some website which ranked Ben as one of the show's best ever characters . And despite all the shameless promotion of Ben and Ciara as the 2nd coming of Doug and Julie ,the ratings continued to collapse when this dreadful couple was pushed at the forefront . Is it any conicidence that the ratings fell below 1 Million viewers when this couple were shoved down our throats ? I dont think so .

I also fast forwarded most of their scenes since 2017 . 

When serial killer and Ciara named their baby after Bo ,that was the final straw and i stopped watching the show entirely and iv been on a hiatus ever since. 

What is also sickening is that the serial killer gets to have a happy ever after while his victims rot in the ground . 

With this wretched couple gone ,I guarantee you the show will improve massively. 

Good riddance !!

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I've watched John and Marlena from day one and I do not get the level of worship they get from their fans. She sleep walks through scenes and he was only good with Isabella and Diana 

I didn’t mind him with Kristen when she was a good woman but otherwise I agree. I enjoyed him with those two over Marlena 

• Love 2
On 9/7/2022 at 8:21 AM, brisbydog said:

I've watched John and Marlena from day one and I do not get the level of worship they get from their fans. She sleep walks through scenes and he was only good with Isabella and Diana 

As I have said many times, I loved RoJohn/Drake with every woman EXCEPT Doc. I never got that couple's allure.

And for all the chatter that Dee Hall has had to "carry" Drake Hogestyn, he certainly acquitted himself quite well and remained popular during the former's five-year absence.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think bringing Bo back is a bad move.

Hear me out. Here are the reasons:

I like Peter....but he got a (overly) big sendoff during the 50th and now will get more hoopla for coming back? Tacky. Stay or go. Your comings and goings are disruptive, dude.

His return to die storyline only hurt Hope as character. So what are we saying by bringing him back? She's only worthwhile as his wife?

Real talk: they won't do anything interesting with him. It'll be the same amnesia stalling we saw with Jack. And then maybe Hope will go Princess Gina again. Just more stupidity to keep them apart. We've already seem this with Jack.

Actual people are dying/have died BTS and their characters can't come back (Caroline, Stefano) so it really is in terrible taste to bring back elderly Bo and further trivialize death when we know darn well some characters are permanently gone.

The show really needs to build up its younger characters with better writing. More returning veterans doesn't keep the show moving forward.

It doesn't feel like Bo has unfinished business. There is Steve and John and Abe doing his type of stuff. He's redundant.

...of course if he'd never left, I'd be glad he was still around...but he left. It was done. Leave it alone.

Just me?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1