Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
LeftPhalange

Unpopular Opinions

21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I think Nicole should have remained a vixen and she should have been paired with Alexander Kiriakis played the actor who plays Xander. He can do an American accent. I also felt that Nicole should not have had a biological child with Doctor Tan. Doctor Tan should have been the necktie killer..

While I preferred Vixen Nicole after a certain age it gets kind of stale. I mean I can't imagine Nicole being as desperate etc as Gabi at this point in time it would be rather sad. Look at Brady pushing 50 and he still has the same story as he did a good decade ago has shown no real growth either. They could have not completely defanged her though. Soaps used to be able to write characters who evolved and managed to still  be interesting.

That being said I would've been fine had Nicole stayed dead back in Nashville tbh 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2020 at 5:57 AM, Pearson80 said:

I think Nicole should have remained a vixen and she should have been paired with Alexander Kiriakis played the actor who plays Xander. He can do an American accent. I also felt that Nicole should not have had a biological child with Doctor Tan. Doctor Tan should have been the necktie killer..

Dr Tan being the serial killer would have been off the chain !! 

• Like 5

Found the last Abigail storyline interesting.   JMHO KM did a good job with Abby being scared and not sure what was real and her hallucinations.  It was strange how the storyline kind of ended with her just being shipped off.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

UO, but I like Gwen. I think she had some interesting chemistry with Chad.

I enjoy Gwen, too. I also like her chem with Chad. As long as she keeps her hands out of her mouth, she can stay.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

I think now is the perfect time to bring back Trevor Donovan to reprise the role of Jeremy Horton. Why not? Right now he is only doing Hallmark flicks twice a year . I think there is a possibility that he could be lured back.

Yes ,the character was a bit of a bust back in 2007 but that is all on the late hogan Sheffer ,who had no clue on what to do with him exactly and just pretty much threw spagetti at the wall trying to see what sticks  . Why the heck not? Plus Trevor did put out a video wishing the show a happy 50th anniversary . Its clear that there is no bad blood between him and Corday.

I think there is a chance he could be lured back . 

He has improved as an actor and would be much better this time around. 

They can take it further and try to bring back roark Critchlow as Mike Horton.  Iv ways wanted to see Jeremy and Mike interacting . Mike could easily return to Salem to be the new Chief of staff at Salem Hospital and Jeremy could return after Mike has a healthscare .

Come on Days ,make it happen.

trevor-donovan-1545891614.jpg

roark-critchlow.jpg

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 4

I liked Paige.  She was a young intelligent women who had goals.  She wasn’t just about having a man.  I also think she is a better actor than given credit for.   

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Trevor Donovan has history of kissing Freddie Smith.  Too bad Freddie will be gone.  😄

Trevor Donovan's Twitter page is adorable. It's mostly about puppies, 80's childhood nostalgia, and posting pictures of junk food that he fantasizes about eating. He'd definitely be game for coming back. His Hallmark gigs are nice but he probably only shoots about 32 days a year.

• Like 3

Im ready for Eric Martsolf's Brady to be written out. Boy oh boy  is this character exhausting to watch. Let him go on somekind of hiatus !! 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 6

Im concerned that Carlivati might pair Jan with Brady . ...ugh , oh the horror !!! I can see him doing this though. 

• Surprise 1

Well she's Brady's type in that she breathes but I doubt they would let him be involved with someone other than Kristen at this point. 

At least Jan isn't related to half of Salem so she can be paired with anyone.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

On 8/1/2020 at 8:33 AM, katie9918 said:

Gabi sucks. That is all.

Clearly ,alot of viewers agree. Ever since she got elavated to leading actress status ,the ratings have totally tanked . 

Oh please.... no offense, but I don't think we can attribute any single character's prevalence on the show to the ratings going down. I hate Ben and I think he's a complete vortex of suck, but even I can't say that Ben is the entire reason the show is going South. It's the writing. Run manipulates the characters into situations so he can get clips for these trailers that look compelling but ultimately amount to nothing. People are slapping each other and having arguments every other week but I don't feel like I'm watching a show where any of the characters are growing or progressing through life, at least not as I know it.

Ron has had a few good ideas of course, but there's just way too much plot happening and it all feels like it's flying by so quickly that you don't have to care about it.

...of course, at least we get a variety now. Under under Dena's reign of terror, it was only the characters she liked in the spotlight, with three plots at a time for months on end and it was boring as hell. The Hernandez Family? What the hell was that...?! It was nice to meet Gabi's mother, but I don't under why they suddenly forced all rhise characters under one roof. It was like a weird sitcom. Remember that stripper Mama H brought from Mexico? The one she tried to set up with Rafe? And *urp* Summer?!? Bleah. I didn't know what show I was watching. At least Ron tries to use legacy characters and remembers old plot points and occasionally does something interesting with them.

But still - he's partly the reason people are tunng out though this was also inevitable...young people don't really watch soaps now. I do think it would be better if it was better written of course, but they also have to cultivate a new audience.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

I agree with that tbh which is why I don't get worked up with the plots etc on this show nothing of substance ever comes of it at all.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh please.... no offense, but I don't think we can attribute any single character's prevalence on the show to the ratings going down. I hate Ben and I think he's a complete vortex of suck, but even I can't say that Ben is the entire reason the show is going South. It's the writing. Run manipulates the characters into situations so he can get clips for these trailers that look compelling but ultimately amount to nothing. People are slapping each other and having arguments every other week but I don't feel like I'm watching a show where any of the characters are growing or progressing through life, at least not as I know it.

Ron has had a few good ideas of course, but there's just way too much plot happening and it all feels like it's flying by so quickly that you don't have to care about it.

...of course, at least we get a variety now. Under under Dena's reign of terror, it was only the characters she liked in the spotlight, with three plots at a time for months on end and it was boring as hell. The Hernandez Family? What the hell was that...?! It was nice to meet Gabi's mother, but I don't under why they suddenly forced all rhise characters under one roof. It was like a weird sitcom. Remember that stripper Mama H brought from Mexico? The one she tried to set up with Rafe? And *urp* Summer?!? Bleah. I didn't know what show I was watching. At least Ron tries to use legacy characters and remembers old plot points and occasionally does something interesting with them.

But still - he's partly the reason people are tunng out though this was also inevitable...young people don't really watch soaps now. I do think it would be better if it was better written of course, but they also have to cultivate a new audience.

You can’t have a successful show unless you have good writers and actors who can play the characters that have written successfully.

Good writing will get you nowhere if the actors are just reciting lines. Good acting will get you nowhere if the writier is writing whack storylines .Actors have to take what is written and make it work. Anything less than that is going to be a disaster. Now when you got a pretty inept writer like Carlivati and mix that with "actors " like RSW , you get  a disastrous result. Hell, alot of the actors , and especially those who are being shoved down the audience's throats such as Ciara , Ben ,Gabi ,Jake are not leading actors whatsoever . They dont have "it" .

• Like 1

I disagree about Brandon Barash he's great not sure if I see him taking Days into the future(as there isn't much of one) but he's one of the best ones they have. He managed to make a character that was radioactive in Stefan and made him popular to the audience. 

That being said Johnny Zacchara (his GH character) was way better.

• Like 4

On 9/9/2020 at 1:45 AM, DisneyBoy said:

As for Ron remembering and using the shows legacy and history ,i think its been a miss. Look at the Diana Collville ,Rex Brady and Bill Horton debacle .  That sure as hell wasnt diana or rex at all . And the sami vs nicole where carlivati selects which aspect of history he gets to use and which aspect he either didnt know about or blatantly ignored with the Sami being Stan being the latter . I mean nicole was the one who put two and two tigether and figured out that Sami was Stan and she even told Kate this info and Kate crashed Lucas and Sami's wedding wearing the Stan mask and exposed Sami . Why didnt Nicole snap back at sami during the custody hearing about her being Stan ,the man who aided iraqi terrorists , was a drug dealer who supplied John with morphine , stole the same morphime from the hospital and so on. Nicole could have stated that Stan was so wicked that "he " gave nicole the idea to sabotage chloe's surgery and stan supplied nicole with the hospital gear she needed to sneak into Chloe's surgery procedure .And sami could have snapped back that Nicole was the one who ultimately went ahead and sabotaged Chloe's surgery . Carlivati left this aspect of history out of this nonsensical custody battle. 

And then the Bill Horton debacle proved that carlivati is a hack once and for all  . Instead of doing the sinsible thing and finally killing off Tommy Horton ,Jr , a character that is inexplicably still alive despite the actor who played Tommy dying in the mid 1990s . Carlivati should have given the character closure and killing him and having JJ and the Horton crew going to over to Hawaii to bury Tommy there .

The show wont get anything out of tommy at this point because the character is very old ,as he was born in 1931 which would make him 89 years old . Plus there arent many actors that age range around . Bill on the other hand still had plenty of legs . He is the last born Horton and being born in the late 1940s ,could have stepped up to be the patriach of the Hortons and we never ever saw him interact with Will ,Jeremy and Abby . 

• Like 3

I hate the Marlena and Eric scenes when it gets emotional. When see begins making those gasping orgasmic sounds I want to hit my mute button. For that purpose alone I have no problem with him leaving.

• Like 4

On 8/1/2020 at 2:33 AM, katie9918 said:

Gabi sucks. That is all.

Absolutely.  And her entire wardrobe.  She owns a successful fashion/clothing company?  No way, not looking like that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Absolutely.  And her entire wardrobe.  She owns a successful fashion/clothing company?  No way, not looking like that!

I agree with you about her wardrobe but I like Gabi because the Hortons hate her.. Now they have a serial killer in their ranks so they can all shut the hell up, yes, I am looking at especially you Julie.  You can no longer throw Nick in Gabi's face while playing nice with the man that killed Will..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3