Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I must have a lot of UO *g

Will and Sonny

I did not see there love story.  When I started watching the show they seemed like roommates.  Sometimes Sonny seemed like Will's parent.  

Will was totally wrong for cheating.  Sonny was not a perfect husband as the show seems to want us to think.   Sonny put down Will's work, emptied their bank account & never IMHO treated Will like an equal.

You need to go to youtube and watch their story...from the day that Sonny showed up. It's a great story that unfolded over a year and a half. Will's struggle was amazing. Sonny's support and friendship and Marlena's influence was amazing. 

Some of what you said is true...and a lot of it is a retcon, IMO with the writers trying to backtrack to explain the cheating, etc... 

• Love 2

My UO is.....I like Brady. IMO, his hatred of Theresa is totally justified. As long as he is not trying to kill her or punching or kicking her, I'm ok with how he's treating her. She deserves it and then some. She has....

Targeted him due to his financial status

Kept him high/drunk

Tricked him into marriage

Almost killed his father and let him take the blame

Ruined his relationship with Melanie (not that I'm complaining)

Used their child as a way to get close to him

I know others have done far worse, but these are pretty good reasons to dislike her.

My other UO is that I like Eric. I like the character and the actor. Unfortunately, due to insane writing, we really do not get to see what Eric/GV is really made of. So many marks have been missed with Eric that it's unreal. At the top of the list is the "rape" storyline. So much could have been done, but it wasn't. Then, after a year's buildup with Eric and Nicole, we get "shredgate". Since then, Eric has been written as angry, ashamed of his own feelings, and wishy washy. I wish that Eric could be a hero instead of a victim.

Let the shoe throwing begin!

• Love 8

I must have a lot of UO *g

Will and Sonny

I did not see there love story.  When I started watching the show they seemed like roommates.  Sometimes Sonny seemed like Will's parent.  

I am so with you here. Sonny *did* act like a parent, and that's a huge reason why Will was attracted to him, I guess. Will's biggest flaw is that he's a spineless twit who has relied on his parents and grandmother to fix his problems and has never had to take responsibility for his own actions. He needs someone to tell him what to do, because he's flat out incapable of adulting. Sonny was always shown as the practical one, the one who comes up with a plan. I think that's a good quality, but it really lent itself to a one sided relationship where Sonny was all give and no take, and Will was...Will. (Yeah, I really don't like Will at all)

The problem is that the show never gave us a reason to understand why Sonny fell for Will. Sure, they told us that Sonny loved Will, but, even with CM bringing in a little likability as Will, I couldn't figure out why. Needing someone to need you isn't a good enough reason to  fall in love with them.  I ended up with a cat that way once, but never a husband. 

It's why I didn't have a problem when his history with Paul was introduced. It filled in a lot of blanks from the original story. 

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 1

My UO is.....I like Brady. IMO, his hatred of Theresa is totally justified. As long as he is not trying to kill her or punching or kicking her, I'm ok with how he's treating her. She deserves it and then some. She has....

Kept him high/drunk

Except Brady had already fallen off the wagon when Theresa met him so she didn't "keep him high/drunk" as much as he just continued to use when he was with him.  Yes,Theresa didn't help Brady's sobriety but she also didn't force drugs/booze down his throat.  In the end, Brady is to blame for his continued downward spiral, not Theresa.

But I do understand not liking Thrady as a pairing because they are rather toxic together--I would kind of like to see them redeem each other through their partnership of raising Tate.  That might be an awesome storyline.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

Kept him high/drunk

Yeah, Brady's sobriety is his responsibility so I'm not going to hold that against Theresa at all. Really, I'd only hold one of those things against her and that's the bit about head-bashing John and letting Brady take the blame.

Targeting someone for their money is so common on soaps it ranks up there with targeting someone because they're part of a rival family/business. To me, it's really not a big deal. Same with tricking him into marriage. Actually, my biggest problem with that and the John-bashing is that it made absolutely no sense with the story they seemed to be building at the time. They were partying together but Brady actually told Theresa he liked her and wanted more of a relationship with her than just partying and then they went to Vegas, got married and we saw her telling him (as he's passed out) she would take care of them and then the next thing we know she's agreeing to ditch Brady for a payoff and then she cracks John over the head with a poker.

I'm not even into Brady/Theresa anymore and it's mainly due to that shit. They had a good vibe going, a good development where real feelings were happening and then BAM! they changed everything on a dime and it still doesn't make sense to me.

As for Melanie. I can't be bothered to care. Melanie chose to martyr herself because she couldn't stand to share Brady with Theresa and Tate. And, frankly, Brady's imperial decision to make Melanie the kid's mother because he didn't like Theresa anymore (warranted or no that's not his decision to make -- especially after what Kristen did to Theresa) rubbed me the wrong way.

I get why Brady doesn't want Theresa at this point but I don't get why Theresa wants him. I can only hope that focusing on her life and future with Basic Black might open her eyes to not needing that lummox.

• Love 5

I think it came from the direction Paul got (or possibly Christopher Sean's habit) that had him constantly grinning like a model in a commercial for tooth whitening technology. My UO is that Christopher Sean isn't exactly fantastic as an actor, and I think he only intermittently showed chemistry with either Freddie Smith or Guy Wilson. I'm not even sure how actors' chemistry can be an on-again, off-again thing, but there you are.

In fact, I don't think there's anybody in the cast right now who's a truly great soap actor, though I can appreciate Mary Beth Evans (and I love her onscreen rapport with Stephen Nicholls), Judi Evans, Jen Lilley, Non-Yelly Wally Kurth, and Daniel Cosgrove. And John Aniston has great timing, and can snarl a put-down like no one else in the business.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

DisneyBoy, I agree that Lucas is a dud. I've never found any of his storylines interesting, and I never miss him when he's not on the show. For me, his only meaningful contribution has been Will Horton.

This may be a premature unpopular opinion since the character has not officially debuted yet, but I wish the show had not sorased Clare Brady. I always wanted a Ciara Brady vs Allie Horton feud, and I think that would be much more interesting to the show. 

I like Adrienne and want her to get more screentime and more significant storylines. I really liked her during the Will vs Nick storyline and hope the show will give her some interesting material because the actress is amazing.

Chloe is my favorite Days character, and I want her to permanently return. The show has down such a hatchet job with her in the past few years, but I would love to see a return now  with recent casting announcements.

• Love 1

I too wanted the two Alices(Allie and Ciara) to be rivals...With Allie being like  her aunt Carrie and Ciara being very Kiriakis....They could have waited to bring in Claire in the future. Claire could have been a rival to her cousin Sydney. It is going to be weird to see Shelle with a 15 year old daughter...

• Love 1

I like Lucas well enough. The show just does him wrong and pays him no respect. I also hate the mother/son dynamic he has with Kate. It is just sick. I still wish they would have paired him with Anne. If anyone could have handled Miss Kate, I think wrap dress Anne would have. Where is Anne anyway? Did we lose her with the change over and now that Theresa is a fashion designer?

I don't know what it is but I hate Brady and Theresa together with a passion. Do not want. Do not want. I think I see them trying to rehab them with this new story and just no. I hate that they have a child. I hate that they live together. I hate that they still have to interact. I've had ugly thoughts where I wished they no longer had that connection so they could go their separate ways. That is how much I hate them as a couple. Nope.

I think it is deplorable that we are losing a thespian like KDP and gaining that dead eyed Nadia who couldn't act out of breath if you choked her with piano wire. Chloe plus Abigail might be too much for me.

I hate miracle cure/drug stories on this show. Just hate. I know there is some suspension of belief on this show in particular but something about that just takes me out of things completely and annoy the crap out of me. 

• Love 3

My UO of late is that I am dreading Sami's return. Maybe being EJ free will have changed her for the better, maybe she'll be less shrill and self centered, maybe they won't shove her in our face like they did for her final 7 years on the show....but I'm not counting on maybes. AS is so likeable, but short of a few scenes towards the end of her run, her acting is not impressive and hasn't worked for me in a very long time. I'm bracing myself.

• Love 3

Spoilers are not going to be tolerated in the threads that are not specifically labeled spoilers. If you think something might be a spoiler post it in either Spoilers & Shockers or in Anniversary Killer Spoilers if it's specifically about the serial killer.

It is unfair to other posters when you are thoughtless about what you are posting. If there is not a spoiler tag on the thread then spoilers are not allowed there.

Please make it a habit to post in the correct threads. We are keeping a close eye on this and will be moderating accordingly.

My UO is enough of Eve's grief already.  I've seen enough and I get it.  KdP is a great veteran actress, but enough already.  I'm annoyed partly because her affair with her daughter's boyfriend was disgusting and because of that, her daughter's last days were miserable.  I'm also annoyed because I suspect we won't see another single character given as much screen time to mourn the upcoming deaths.  Paige wasn't on the canvas much longer than Serena, but a huge chunk of time is given to her mother's grief.  Sorry, while I appreciate KdP's performances, I have very little sympathy for her character.

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure we will see more grief ahead (yay?) but yes, Eve's has been getting a large percentage of airtime...maybe to balance out the months of ickiness between her and JJ.

I hoped Paige telling her to forgive herself today would mark a turning point for her anger. Then she started yelling at people LOL.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

My UO is enough of Eve's grief already.  I've seen enough and I get it.  KdP is a great veteran actress, but enough already.  I'm annoyed partly because her affair with her daughter's boyfriend was disgusting and because of that, her daughter's last days were miserable.  I'm also annoyed because I suspect we won't see another single character given as much screen time to mourn the upcoming deaths.  Paige wasn't on the canvas much longer than Serena, but a huge chunk of time is given to her mother's grief.  Sorry, while I appreciate KdP's performances, I have very little sympathy for her character.

So much yes to this. Eve is no longer sympathetic. She is the same self absorbed, self-serving sociopath she always was. She has just found another way to make herself the perpetual victim. Her child was taken from her. Naturally, like all else in her life, it is Jenn and JJ's fault.

Another unpopular opinion -- the more I see of Jennifer, the more I realize I have moved beyond no longer loving to to outright disliking her, too bad, she was one of my favs. for years.

• Love 3

Whew, I thought I was the only one. I've never cared about Eve because the writers never gave me a reason to. If she hadn't already spent months irrationally lashing out at JJ and Jen maybe I would be more tolerant of her shenanigans now. I know she's grieving, but still. It's tiresome. And just because her daughter was murdered doesn't mean I've forgotten that she tried to get JJ killed.

• Love 6

I just remembered another unpopular opinion I have. I would love to see the return of Nathan Horton. I thought Nathan had a lot of potential on the show, and I liked how the show was developing a storyline of him trying to live up to his great grandfather's Tom Horton's memory. Whenever cast members are in the Kiriakis Mansion with Melanie and Daniel Jonas' photos everywhere, it reminds me of the lost potential in the Nathan character. (It also makes me wonder if the show even remember Nathan, Melissa and Sarah's existence now that Maggie is mother to the Second Coming).

Speaking of Hortons I'll love to see return. I'll like to see a anti-hero Jeremy Horton return, too. I would love for him to be a mischievous, long-term villian. I wouldn't want him to do anything too crazy, but he should be mischievous enough to cause trouble for his Aunt Jen, his Horton cousins and male rivals. For some reason, I would love to see a rivalry between Jeremy and Eric.

• Love 5

I just remembered another unpopular opinion I have. I would love to see the return of Nathan Horton. I thought Nathan had a lot of potential on the show, and I liked how the show was developing a storyline of him trying to live up to his great grandfather's Tom Horton's memory. Whenever cast members are in the Kiriakis Mansion with Melanie and Daniel Jonas' photos everywhere, it reminds me of the lost potential in the Nathan character. (It also makes me wonder if the show even remember Nathan, Melissa and Sarah's existence now that Maggie is mother to the Second Coming).

Speaking of Hortons I'll love to see return. I'll like to see a anti-hero Jeremy Horton return, too. I would love for him to be a mischievous, long-term villian. I wouldn't want him to do anything too crazy, but he should be mischievous enough to cause trouble for his Aunt Jen, his Horton cousins and male rivals. For some reason, I would love to see a rivalry between Jeremy and Eric.

I love your post..I always wanted  the first families of Salem, The Bradys and the Hortons, to have anti-heroines and anti-heros..Sami was so refreshing as the Brady black sheep, just like her uncle Bo...Conversely, we should have heros and heroines in the Kiriakis and Dimera families..It would keep things interesting and unpredictable...

• Love 5

... I've never cared about Eve because the writers never gave me a reason to. If she hadn't already spent months irrationally lashing out at JJ and Jen maybe I would be more tolerant of her shenanigans now. I know she's grieving, but still. It's tiresome. And just because her daughter was murdered doesn't mean I've forgotten that she tried to get JJ killed.

I'm on board with this. I recorded the funeral episode on Friday, and decided I'm not really missing anything on the show anymore. DePaiva did what she could, but the fantasy sequences and the appearance of Ghost!Paige were overkill. One or the other by itself would have been more than plenty. But apparently over the top is the only position these writers ever take. Eve lashed out irrationally at the funeral, because that's what she does; it's all she ever does. The impact of what DePaiva is trying to do has been dulled to pointlessness.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

I did appreciate what the show was trying to do with those silent fadeouts after each Eve scene. So much more than the previous runners would have given us in a similar scene. I can't take much more of watching KDP implode as Eve, that's for sure. Hope they all move on this week. 

Daniel is starting to look kind of sinister with his new stache and darker hair, which might make him more interesting....though I have not missed him in the slightest and much prefer Nicole jousting with Kate in her scenes to schmooping it up with Daniel any day.  

• Love 3

Speaking of beards, I do hope A Martinez gets rid of his weird one -- and this is coming from someone whose husband has had a variety of beards over the 40 years I've known him. My point is - I like beards but A's is just dumb : )

• Love 5

Ah, Lastwaltz just made the same comment.  I don't think it's too unpopular!

My UO is I dislike Bo with Hope; if he has to be back I'd just as soon let him stay incoherent but yeah, enough torture already.

• Love 3

I am neutral on Gabby, but I have zero problem with her being released from jail after a year or whatever it was.  Serving one year for murder is one year more than most soap characters serve for their crimes.  Like, Salem has Stefano and Victor wandering around freely and they have huge body counts and have been responsible for kidnapping and/or raping lots of different ladies.  So Gabby murdering Nick the creepy attempted rapist gets a pass from me.

Not to mention, Theresa tried to kill John with a poker or some shit and she didn't have to serve any jail time.  EJ raped Sami, stole John's money, was a drug dealer and did a bunch of other shit and the only time he spent in jail was for a crime he didn't actually commit (apart from the end of his run when Sami set him up).  Sami also shot EJ in the head (I was cheering her on with this, the only issue I have is that she didn't kill his sorry ass) and she didn't go away for attempted murder.

So if any of the Hortons are going to huff and puff about Gsbby being free they can take all the seats.  Maggie is married to Victor, who is a murdering, drug dealing rapist.  Jenn married someone who committed rape.  The list goes on.

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Love 7

I like Brady & Eric too (even though I think both are kind of wishy washy at times)

I like Theresa too - just hate her obsession with Brady - still really wish they would hook her up with Chad

I like Rafe too & thought he had awesome chemistry with Sami (the only Sami paring I hated was her & EJ) - I think he has chemistry with Nicole & Hope too & would rather him be on my screen than Daniel.

• Love 5

Legacy character or not, this is a soap opera. There are no sacred cows when it comes to character deaths (see: several Days iconic characters...Marlena, Jack, Steve, Hope, etc.), so add me to the camp who just don't care Will was offed.

Exactly. I'm more interested in how this will affect the other characters.

I just fear that Will's death will become a footnote in the coming months..I just feel that Bryan Dattilo who plays Lucas will once again be marginalized...The Ejami paring basically jettisoned Lumi and Lucas, when it comes to storylines on the show...I do not understand why Bryan who is a fan favorite is always getting the short end of the stick...We all knew that his romance with Adrienne was doom from the start.....I just want Lucas to be front and center..He is a vet without being over 50...

• Love 4

I'd love for Lucas to get a good storyline.

Man, I'd love that too.  He's been stuck in supporting roles mostly since he came back to Salem from Hong Kong and it's just nuts to waste such talent IMO.

• Love 7

I know that alot of people did not like Guy Wilson, but I never thought that he was that bad. I am going to miss him. He got the worst of the hatred online by fans. Even his family was harassed by crazy people online..The one good thing is that now that Guy is no longer on the show, people will leave him the hell alone..Freddie and Chandler both dealt with big amounts of fan heat. Freddie, a lot for his weight gain at one point, but Chandler was mercilessly raked for his acting. People are remembering him like they thought he was Laurence Olivier. Criticisms - fair and unfair - included being one note and just able to cry and smirk, complete discomfort at love scenes, not being able to do anger and just whining (which Guy certainly could) and secretly not liking that Will was gay. The last thing, I don't buy at all. Chandler once said that he was told that Will was going to be Gay by the producers, a year before he came out...It was telegraphed for me, when Will was dating Mia and his lack of sexual interest in her...Nevertheless, I thought that Will and Mia were sweet together. She thought him how to dance and they bonded over Grace...I can't believe that Lumi are going to bury their beloved son..This may destroy Lucas, Will was his heart...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Of course Ben has to be a monster.  How else is the hortons going to find out chad is a saint.

And what's even more annoying is that they'll have to make Chad, a Dimera, a saint so he's worthy of Princess Trollop. We can't possibly have her deliver her illegitimate child, the product of her cheating ways, to someone that might ruin her good reputation. This whole killer plot seems to exist simply to further prop her. 

• Love 8

It's not Abigail's fault Ben has killed.  It's not Will's fault that he was killed.  He was thrown into a refrigerator by a lunatic before he was strangled.  I don't know how much that knocked out of him.  I just hate reading he did not fight enough or he did this wrong before he was murdered by a crazed person.  It's Ben who is to blame for everything.

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 3

It happens in real life, where the wives or girlfriends of the serial killer, will say that they never had an inkling of what was going on..I don't care for Abigail, but she is not responsible for Ben's monstrous acts..He has free will and chose to kill innocent people...

• Love 2