Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

I've gone from feeling sorry for her because of who she married to feeling empathy for the douche himself.   (I am utterly shocked at myself on this one.)  I think I have a little more insight to that marriage, though - he was likely needing a permanent playmate/sitter for his daughter while he's off having fun in St. Louis.  Genius.   

She is making such a fool of herself.  Like Tamra said tonight on First Look, she is at an age where she thinks she knows it all.  (Wise words for Tamra - another shocker for the night!)  I think she is about 10 years late, though - don't most people go through that stage at around 20?

• Love 10

Alternate titles:  "Meghan King:  Third Wife and You're Out"

"Meghan King:  Swing and a Mrs."

Another alternate title:   "Meghan King Edmonds: the 'Edmonds' is Silent"      (that's based on the Shannon cell phone fiasco)

Hilarious!

• Love 5

A little desperate.  Mehgan is just so easy to be the reality star people love to hate.  I think I want to hear more about her hometown life.  Maybe the RH big trip this year will be going to St. Louis.

• Love 1

I read Shannon and Jim's twitter feeds.  Oh my Jim keeps retweeting these inspirational message from a woman whose twitter name is "I love Teresa G" a site devoted to Teresa Giudice.  Think Jim before retweeting.  He is pretty much a tool.

Meghan claims she nor JDRF sent out Save a Date cards.  Only thing is Shannon said she received a Save A Date E Mail.  I have also never heard of a bonafide charity event calling people two days before and event to invite them.  I am finding this whole thing suspect.  Meghan did say she was helped by the person who put the event on the year before.  Meghan also seems to have buried the hatchet with Shannon.

(edited)

I read Shannon and Jim's twitter feeds.  Oh my Jim keeps retweeting these inspirational message from a woman whose twitter name is "I love Teresa G" a site devoted to Teresa Giudice.  Think Jim before retweeting.  He is pretty much a tool.

Meghan claims she nor JDRF sent out Save a Date cards.  Only thing is Shannon said she received a Save A Date E Mail.  I have also never heard of a bonafide charity event calling people two days before and event to invite them.  I am finding this whole thing suspect.  Meghan did say she was helped by the person who put the event on the year before.  Meghan also seems to have buried the hatchet with Shannon.

I bolded this because have you read Meghan's blog?  Whoa.  Meghan may have buried the hatchet with Shannon but she's got another one ready for Vicki.  

Edited by slitz
  • Love 5

Evidently Meghan is now the "National Sales Director" for a cosmetics line called Sweat Beauty, the premise of which is kind of odd: makeup that stays on when you exercise (why would you want to wear makeup when you're sweating and it will run into your pores even more?) . . . Also, she evidently went to Ole Miss which, if she was in a sorority, kind of explains a lot. How much do you want to bet that she was a Kappa Kappa Gamma? . . . The Edmonds and the Beadors appear to be close-ish now.

• Love 3

A little desperate.  Mehgan is just so easy to be the reality star people love to hate.  I think I want to hear more about her hometown life.  Maybe the RH big trip this year will be going to St. Louis.

I sure as hell hope not. There's absolutely nothing to do in St. Louis. It's my hometown and the reason people are so crazy about the Cardinals  is because there is nothing else to get excited about. If Jim Edmonds married Meghan to act as babysitter while he's having fun in St. Louis, I'd love to know his idea of fun.

• Love 3
(edited)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Edmonds  Check out the dates he divorced his second wife and married the third.

Turbogirl speaks the truth. Many of those large midwest cities (except Chicago) don't have much going on other than sports. Which is why they support these teams with undying devotion. Nothing wrong with that. I've live in three of these cities. 

Many of these local pros stay in town cause they like to be 'big man on campus.' They get offered great jobs when they retire and are the hometown hero till they die. 

Hubs is a huge BBfan. He likes about every ball player that ever played. EVERY WEEK he asks me what is J Edmonds is like on the show. 

What prison is 'I love Teresa G' in? ha

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 2

Evidently Meghan is now the "National Sales Director" for a cosmetics line called Sweat Beauty, the premise of which is kind of odd: makeup that stays on when you exercise (why would you want to wear makeup when you're sweating and it will run into your pores even more?) . . .

I always giggle at the women who show up at the gym I belong to wearing a full face of makeup and perfectly coiffed hair.

• Love 3

Mehgan is just odd here she is trying to convince the world how much she look like her brother, a model.  https://instagram.com/p/4pR5MZh9NG/   I don't see the resemblance.

Here is Jimmy on her bike with a complete history of her bike that he is riding.   https://instagram.com/p/4neY2xB9PY/

I have no idea why she would want her fingers crossed over this sentiment.  https://twitter.com/meghankedmonds

Here is the corporate line up for Sweat Cosmetics--every body seems to have  title-I guess they have gotten enough money together to launch a product  http://icrowdnewswire.com/2015/05/19/sweat-cosmetics-for-active-beauty-simple-natural-products-that-protect-nourish-and-allow-women-to-look-and-feel-beautiful-when-they-work-out-or-live-actively/   This company is headquartered (I am using the term loosely) in Missouri. 

Meghan looks more like that brother than the sister we've seen. She has an androgynous look, which can be very successful in modeling.

I can't figure out what she was crossing her fingers for. I got tired of sifting through her cutesy juvenile slang.

• Love 2

Her June 30 tweets about LeAnn (focusing on her health issues) are just weird and not truly sympathetic or understanding. 

Meghan doesn't get it.  I m curious if Ha(ley) graduated or if she begins her senior year this year. Terrible for a child to have a parent as sick as LeAnn.

• Love 1

When I skimmed Meghan's blog she name dropped Valentino and said her brother was his "friend." I don't know...was he in a Macy's ad? I always thought that was bottom-of-the barrel work for professional models. Isn't runway what they aspire to? Followed by editorials in top fashion magazines? I'm not curious enough to google him.

Meghan doesn't get it.  I m curious if Ha(ley) graduated or if she begins her senior year this year. Terrible for a child to have a parent as sick as LeAnn.

Meghan is very immature for her age. Maybe that's why Jimmy married her; she is easier to manipulate than someone his age.

• Love 3

Evidently Meghan is now the "National Sales Director" for a cosmetics line called Sweat Beauty, the premise of which is kind of odd: makeup that stays on when you exercise (why would you want to wear makeup when you're sweating and it will run into your pores even more?) . . . Also, she evidently went to Ole Miss which, if she was in a sorority, kind of explains a lot. How much do you want to bet that she was a Kappa Kappa Gamma? . . . The Edmonds and the Beadors appear to be close-ish now.

She actually was a KKG. Which explains a lot- they're not exactly a known as classy group at Ole Miss. 

She is so irritating. No one is required to help you Meghan. She is such annoying, classless, extremely basic trash. 

• Love 6

Meghan's brother is actually a relatively big deal. He's not appearing in, say, the adverts for Macy's that one receives in the mail. She noted that he was featured in the Tommy Hilfiger images that are highlighted within the store and that often double as the company's image for print media. And modeling for Macy's, as long as we're talking national advertising and not local, is, I assume, very lucrative. There is no way a model can break even with fashion magazine editorials, which confer industry credibility and buzz/heat on them but, for that very reason, don't generate a whole lot of revenue (for instance, Vogue's day rate is as low as $150 because the platform is so aspirational and, the reasoning goes from the magazine's perspective, you should be grateful for the opportunity to appear in its pages; celebrities get no appearance fee for covers, either, because they enjoy the chance to promote their projects). RJ is not to my taste aesthetically (a little too milquetoast, which is probably what makes him a great canvas; his face probably takes makeup as well as Meghan's) but has one or two Vogue Italia covers under his belt - one with Linda Evangelist, I belive - and has been lauded in "insider" publications like Interview. He's legit. Arthur Kulkov is another marquee male name who has been able to exploit his versatility (GQ to Vogue to Details to JCrew to Macy's commercials) vis-a-vis mediums. RJ accrued something of a mild rep as a climber in the early years of his career; besides Valentino, he's been linked to Derek Blasberg and Simon Huck.

• Love 4

I knew Meghan had to be a KKG! I have no idea what their rep is specifically at Ole Miss but her persona is pretty consistent with the hauteur that's generally associated with the house ("She may be a princess, but she's no Kappa"; "Why Princess Margaret will never be a KKG"). I don't dislike Meghan at all but I do think she does telegraph as a basic in many respects.

• Love 1

I knew Meghan had to be a KKG! I have no idea what their rep is specifically at Ole Miss but her persona is pretty consistent with the hauteur that's generally associated with the house ("She may be a princess, but she's no Kappa"; "Why Princess Margaret will never be a KKG"). I don't dislike Meghan at all but I do think she does telegraph as a basic in many respects.

I don't know anything about sororities (weren't big at my school and I avoided them). Can you tell me a bit more about why you think she acts like a KKG?

• Love 2
(edited)

Their rep at Ole Miss is/ was  pretty bad- tacky, trashy easy girls who have poor academics and are not involved in the campus activities. The house has been dogged by drug rumors for a long time as well. Definitely a lower level house. 

Kappa is typically only a better house in Texas. 

Edited by lillypforme
  • Love 3

The reputation/general associations of particular Greek houses can vary pretty significantly from school to school (or, more specifically, from one archetype of institution to another) as this thread demonstrates. My experience with KKG has occurred within the context of private, socially conservative/traditional/heteronormative, somewhat academically aspirational colleges (think Duke, Vanderbilt, Dartmouth). In that domain, KKG follows the profile of what you'd imagine a stereotypically popular girls cohort to be: wealthy; well-groomed; prevailingly white and blonde; educated but kind of vapid; imposing and/or catty; cliqueish and self-important to the point of vague delusion (there's actually a book entitled "Why Princess Margaret Will Never Be a Kappa" or something similar). They are stereotypically unafraid to party but clean up well and on the angle for rich husbands. So, basically, they're like a Housewives cast member, only more composed, at least superficially. So, Meghan basically haha. I can totally see her and her sisters starting shit over stuff like how they spoke to each other on the phone; the shifting alliances and conflict are most of the entertainment value of mean girl dynamics. (As lillypforme notes, the rep of a house in, say, the SEC states may be different from the impression it exudes in disparate geographic area; fellating that wine dispenser after Tamra would definitely be a no-no, at least on national tv, and would indeed probably be frowned upon as "trashy".)

• Love 5
(edited)

The reputation/general associations of particular Greek houses can vary pretty significantly from school to school (or, more specifically, from one archetype of institution to another) as this thread demonstrates. My experience with KKG has occurred within the context of private, socially conservative/traditional/heteronormative, somewhat academically aspirational colleges (think Duke, Vanderbilt, Dartmouth). In that domain, KKG follows the profile of what you'd imagine a stereotypically popular girls cohort to be: wealthy; well-groomed; prevailingly white and blonde; educated but kind of vapid; imposing and/or catty; cliqueish and self-important to the point of vague delusion (there's actually a book entitled "Why Princess Margaret Will Never Be a Kappa" or something similar). They are stereotypically unafraid to party but clean up well and on the angle for rich husbands. So, basically, they're like a Housewives cast member, only more composed, at least superficially. So, Meghan basically haha. I can totally see her and her sisters starting shit over stuff like how they spoke to each other on the phone; the shifting alliances and conflict are most of the entertainment value of mean girl dynamics. (As lillypforme notes, the rep of a house in, say, the SEC states may be different from the impression it exudes in disparate geographic area; fellating that wine dispenser after Tamra would definitely be a no-no, at least on national tv, and would indeed probably be frowned upon as "trashy".)

Ha, my friend who went to Duke described Delta delta delta folks that way. Interesting. My experience of sororities is limited to Legally Blonde :P so I really do not know anything.

Edited by gimipizzauoldtroll
  • Love 2

The profile of specific houses can also fluctuate to a certain extent generationally even at a single school. KKG and Tri-Delt are similar and both aspirational in my personal experience, although there are, broadly speaking, subtle (read: minute) but oh-so-important distinctions. Tri-Delts are more stereotypically/cariacturishly Junior League or Stepford Wifesque; most wouldn't simulate oral sex in public. KKGs, while still trophy aspirants and material, are more in Meghan's vein - she *looks* very elegant physically but probably knew where the party was at. Also, as noted above, KKGs are archetypally associated with coke to a certain extent; in the South, I assume this is probably a bigger deal. In the northeast, it sort of conferred a patina of glamour. Houses can have "bad" (read: not getting any pretty girls to pledge if all accept bids at rival houses; it's rare but it happened to KKG any my college in one of my upper-class years) rush years, though, that alter their social capital

• Love 3

Here's an interesting thought. Since it certainly doesn't seem like true love was Meghan's motivation to marry Jim, maybe instead of the obvious reason (money), she was motivated by this show. Since wife #2 came close to being cast, and since Andy's desire for an Edmonds revolves around Edmonds himself, it would be almost a natural assumption that there would be equal interest in wifey#3. I haven't seen a new housewife this thirsty in a long time.

• Love 7
(edited)

What is up with her overenunciating?  I can't even stand listening to this 13 year old girl speak - she seems to be attempting to sound intelligent.  She just sounds crazy, which I believe is quite fitting. 

There's something very wrong with this chick.  She's extremely hateful, and I'd put good money on her having a personality disorder.  (or two)

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 6

Her tag line is stupid.  "Now that I'm in the OC it's a whole new ballgame".  He's the ball player, not you.  However, they are both tools.  I hope she is a one and done like Quinn.

• Love 4

Ugh.  If I hadn't already been on the Meghan hate-train, I would now.  What a ungrateful spoiled brat!  I cautiously sided with her regarding phone-gate because Shannon's reaction was just way too over the top, but Meghan is just showing what an immature brat she is.  

• Love 3

A couple years ago there was a reality show on the Style Network called "Resale Royalty" and it was about a consignment shop here in St. Louis.  The owners would go into the closets of wealthy women in this area and they would bring back designer clothes to sell in their shop.  On THAT show, Meghan "played" a sales employee there.  So weird to see her on THIS show playing such a different part. 

• Love 8
(edited)

There is a clip of Meghan next week having a heart to heart with Jim's minor daughter about Vicki's mother's death. I find it in questionable taste as Hayley has never met Vicki or her mother and Hayley's mother is very much alive. Meghan as the adult to me, should not be dwelling on her husband's ex-wife's upcoming death. It is just wrong on every level. I wonder how Hayley's older sister feels about this being on TV?

I feel like Jim married Meghan as a tanny (nanny to a teenager).  I imagine he spends a fair amount of time with his younger children in St. Louis-if he chooses.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

There is a clip of Meghan next week having a heart to heart with Jim's minor daughter about Vicki's mother's death. I find it in questionable taste as Hayley has never met Vicki or her mother and Hayley's mother is very much alive. Meghan as the adult to me, should not be dwelling on her husband's ex-wife's upcoming death. It is just wrong on every level. I wonder how Hayley's older sister feels about this being on TV?

I feel like Jim married Meghan as a tanny (nanny to a teenager).  I imagine he spends a fair amount of time with his younger children in St. Louis-if he chooses.

Their relationship is weird. Definitely not built on mutual self-respect. I think you're on to something. Jim treats her like an overly officious personal assistant.That scene where she kissed him and he ignored her really spoke volumes. So did the fact that she didn't seem to notice.

That housewives quiz video posted in the other thread really shows that she was a long-term fan of the show. I think she sees this as a springboard to fame.

• Love 3

A couple years ago there was a reality show on the Style Network called "Resale Royalty" and it was about a consignment shop here in St. Louis.  The owners would go into the closets of wealthy women in this area and they would bring back designer clothes to sell in their shop.  On THAT show, Meghan "played" a sales employee there.  So weird to see her on THIS show playing such a different part. 

I remember that show but I don't remember her...she's just that memorable I guess. ;-)

• Love 1

I am confused, I read that the ex wife has been cancer free since 2012, dang I wish I could remember what site that was? Does anyone know the truth, I mean with her attacking Brookes about his cancer.... It's just weird!!!

• Love 1

A number of Housewives sites also initially misreported that it was Allison who was ailing after she dropped out filming - as well as misidentified Shannon's sister as Heather MacDonald when she initially joined the cast. Housewives lie all the time on camera but between Meghan - a family member who Hayley, Lauren, or Lee Ann could publicly and easily contradict - or an Internet site, I think Meghan's account is probably more accurate in this situation.

I think Meghan would be prettier if she weren't such a bitch, because pretty is as pretty does. So, I will say that pulling her hair behind her ears is not her best look. If a strong wind picked up she'd be gone.

• Love 2

I am confused, I read that the ex wife has been cancer free since 2012, dang I wish I could remember what site that was? Does anyone know the truth, I mean with her attacking Brookes about his cancer.... It's just weird!!!

I believe the site was Tamara Tattles. She based this on a celebratory post Allison made on Facebook in 2012 where she claimed she was officially a cancer survivor and was in remission. She had not made a post about battling cancer since that post in 2012. Whether she came out of remission and is now battling cancer again, is unclear simply because she has not made any references to cancer since. So Meghan could be telling the truth or she could be playing it for the cameras. I would think if she weren't telling the truth, Allison or Haley would call her on it. So my best guess is that Allison is no longer in remission and the cancer came back. 

I can honestly say I've never loathed a housewife until now.  Any extremely negative, offensive and downright foul words I would use to describe her would be mere understatements.    Believe me, the list is long and the adjectives and names are offensive.  I'm kind of surprised that I loathe anyone on TV - but I've reached a new low, thanks to this evil cross between a tree nymph and a praying mantis.   <<<  I always thought that was spelled "preying' mantis, but I just learned something today.  I guess it doesn't fit her as well as I thought, because "preying" fits her and with her views on "chintzy churches" and how she wouldn't waste her Sundays at any church where "people sing all of the words to all of the songs" (maybe not her exact words, but dang close), I don't think "praying" is an accurate descriptive.  

I'm not a fan of mean people.  I'm especially not a fan of people being mean for the sake of their own gain or to make a name for themselves, but I believe that it will ultimately backfire in every instance.  Once you're viewed as a massive jerk, it's tough to recover.   She's really trying to run with this role and she's milked the dreamt up fight with Shannon for all it was worth.  What she's really done is proven that she's an ignorant, immature child.   Have fun with that one, ya big "sweetheart"!   You've achieved what I didn't think was possible - I actually feel empathy for Jimmy Boy.   

"Classy as f@#$" you are!  What an honor.

• Love 2

A very interesting find!! I remember watching that show. I imagine it would still be on if Style Channel was still in existence.

#SalesgirlResaleshop. #NotAthletesWifeYet #Wifex3

So, when exactly was she a medical softwares sales rep? She quit the resale shop when the cameras disappeared? The show was on in 2013 and she was tweeting about her job there as Kate as June 2013. She married in Oct 2014 claiming she "retired" from her lucrative $300,000 in sales job. She was doing that at best for one year, including any training?

So, wife #2 of Jimmy was supposed to be on RHOC instead of Alexis, Meghan was on Resale Royalty at that time, recently divorced? Anyone know when she divorced from her first marriage? I know she was first married in 2007.

On the first episode of Resale Royalty, she was described as Meghan King, former model, now salesgirl. She irritated the owner by informing her last minute that she couldn't work an event that weekend to go to a cousins wedding. You could see the drama training as she spoke...

Rachel Zoe (Bravolebrity) company is producing this show...and next time she's on TV is at Heathers ground breaking party with Jimmy just a couple of months after his divorce. When did she move to the OC? Was she just hanging in the OC for a visit? Her timeline is very strange. Too many coincidences.

I also found pics on the Internet of Heather Dubrow with a group of girls in 2010, in the OC, with #2, Allison Edmonds.

Marriage of convenience??!

• Love 2

Marriage of convenience??!

That's what I'm thinking.  In either her first or second episode Meghan said something to the effect of not being sure the marriage would last and I remember thinking who the hell says that, especially just a few months after getting married?  Their doesn't seem to be any love between the two (in my opinion) and hardly any like either.