Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Looooove. The Priiiiiide. Welcome Home.

I think the revival caused a great many people, old fans and new to re-visit the entire original series lately, which is great for finally being able to discuss it again. I was an original fan but the Internet was so new back then I never was able to talk with other fans during the early 90s.

• Love 1

Yeah I hadn't really watched it since the original run except for a few episodes here and there when they were on TV. I left it simmering on the back burner and I kind of forgot how obsessed I used to be. Well, my obsession has come back now but that's okay because it's getting me through winter. I hate winter.

• Love 2

So last night, I watched the 2008 movie, checked the filming locations because since I'm local to the Vancouver area I like to see where they filmed and found out Mulder and Scully's farmhouse in the film and season 10 is just farther down the road I take to work! So today I drove past and saw the house in person and that was cool. The only real life X-Files thing I've seen now, and I couldn't pull over but it looked like something was being filmed there again with trucks and white tents off to the side. Isn't it called " the unremarkable house". Well that was weird to find out they lived literally so close to where I work, lol.

• Love 3

So last night, I watched the 2008 movie, checked the filming locations because since I'm local to the Vancouver area I like to see where they filmed and found out Mulder and Scully's farmhouse in the film and season 10 is just farther down the road I take to work! So today I drove past and saw the house in person and that was cool. The only real life X-Files thing I've seen now, and I couldn't pull over but it looked like something was being filmed there again with trucks and white tents off to the side. Isn't it called " the unremarkable house". Well that was weird to find out they lived literally so close to where I work, lol.

Yep! That's the one. That's neat that you saw it for real.

I haven't pulled out my DVD of the IWTB movie to do a strict compare / contrast -- is it the same house that Mulder lives in in S10 or did they just find something close to it for the new season?

It sure looks the same to me. From the episode "Babylon" when she drives up to the house, it's the same huge pasture/field in front and the mountains to the right of the property, faint sight of the big bridge across the almost hidden road. You can see the mountains in the movie when Scully is leaving the house at the end. When I drove past, it looked like something was going on, a white tent thing was off to the side and trucks were leaving, I wonder if it's a film location house more than someone's actual home?

(edited)

Is that the video game where DD & GA filmed parts and it's played through another agent looking for them or is it the one you play either Mulder or Scully with DD & GA doing the voiceovers?  And really that's expensive for old games!  

Edited by Baby Button Eyes
14 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Is that the video game where DD & GA filmed parts and it's played through another agent looking for them or is it the one you play either Mulder or Scully with DD & GA doing the voiceovers?  And really that's expensive for old games!  

I think so. That's nothing. I just saw one, a Fire Emblem one that was going for around $60. Seen ones online that were going as high as $200 or more. It's a bad joke, really.

I got the Blu-Ray for a little less than $15 with tax, so even though I just paid $15 for one episode and a blooper reel, it's worth it - I am going to watch the Were-Monster over and over and over.  While I was at it, I decided to finally replace my S1-S7 DVDs with Blu-Rays, something I've been deliberating for a while and ultimately decided to do because they take up so much less space.  I'm not sure S7 was a wise use of money, since I only watch a couple of episodes from that, but I bought S10, I already had the two films on Blu-Ray ... I felt compelled to have a "complete" collection (minus seasons 8 and 9, obviously).

• Love 1

Where did you get it that cheap, Bastet?  I sprung for the complete seasons blu-ray when it was super cheap on Amazon, but I have nothing else to order from them right now, and can't be bothered to pay shipping.  

Had an XF dream last night, figured you guys would appreciate it.  Mulder and Scully were going to the prom (LOL) and Scully was wearing my daughter's prom dress.  They got to the prom and realized someone had opened up a portal to hell in the lower level.  Scully was whining "I just wanted to go to prommmmm" but they had to go take care of that and then she and Mulder sat on a couch and made out.  Ha!

The end.

• Love 3

Not at all sure where to put this comment but....is anyone watching "Mindhunter" on Netflix?  

Two FBI agents in the 70s that are at the forefront of using criminal psychology in the behavioral sciences division in order to better profile crime and criminals. By the end of the second episode, their unorthodox approach has pissed off bureau leadership. Both of their careers have detailed within the FBI and they are sent down to the basement office to work.  

I admit that I laughed out loud. Pretty sure they are recycling TXF's basement setting. 

I love this show--you can clearly imagine a Mulder-type character battering against the same establishment. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, baileythedog said:

Not at all sure where to put this comment but....is anyone watching "Mindhunter" on Netflix?  

It's on my list but I haven't started watching it yet.  Sounds like it will be right up my alley!

I did find it interesting watching "Manhunt" though, how negatively the FBI reacted to the forensic profilers even as late as the mid-90s.  (Manhunt is the story of how they caught the Unabomber.)  Apparently it wasn't just Spooky Mulder they hated.

I've watched the first episode, haven't had time to watch more. Looks like a good show though.

In other news I'm taking a break right now from cleaning out my closet and I just found my TWoP X-Files Tubey shirt. Says "I survived the mytharc. Or did I?" Has Tubey smoking a cig on the front. 

• Love 5