Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Looooove. The Priiiiiide. Welcome Home.

Yeah, I liked Fringe a lot and followed it to the end. It held up well all the way through, even if it got very complicated later on. Too complicated for my brain place anyway, but I still enjoyed it very much. Probably helped that they knew the last season (only 13 eps) would actually be its last. Of course they're gonna be influenced by The X-Files which I only saw as a check in the plus column. I don't remember anything I thought they flat out copied.

Edited by joelene
  • Love 1

Hey, guys! I don't know if you remember me. I posted a lot before/during IWTB stuff and then fell off the face of the earth after I was so deeply disappointed by the movie. But now that there's this announcement, I'm back like that fickle friend we all have. Yeah, I said it. But I miss you guys (and can't wait to meet the new peeps ) and hope to get as excited about new spoilers and plotlines and xf craziness with you all as we did last time around. Okay, questionable grammar in that last sentence. Sorry.

• Love 7

Yay! Starbucket! Nice to see familiar faces showing up.  Now that Moose and Squirrel are coming back I hope we get more people coming back as well as brand new fans of the show to live vicariously through.  This is going to be fun!

• Love 1

Yay! Starbucket! Nice to see familiar faces showing up.  Now that Moose and Squirrel are coming back I hope we get more people coming back as well as brand new fans of the show to live vicariously through.  This is going to be fun!

Yes it is!

WB Starbucket!

Yeah, one of my many thoughts after the project was announced today was, "I wonder if some of the TWoP peeps who haven't migrated over here yet will pop back up."  Good to see you, Starbucket.

Hi.

My name is Jac.

The X-Files was the first thing I ever truly loved. I was 11 when it premiered in Australia and I watched from the beginning, though I only really got into the show in season 2. DD was my first crush, back in the day.

I used to lurk on TWoP back in the day and on the newsgroup too. I never really posted because living in Australia meant that I was at least 6 months behind and I grew up in a regional telecommunications zone (literally the first town beyond the bounds of Sydney, it is pretty much a suburb of Sydney these days) where modern telecommunications infrastructure was, and still is, poor. (My parents still only get <1mb/s internet speed a lot of the time and patchy cellphone reception, we couldn't even get home internet until 2001.) So fandom was mostly a passive experience for me back in the day. 

I'm currently rewatching in anticipation of the new episodes. I'm up the end of S2 ATM and my speed varies depending on my work and study commitments.

*waves* Welcome Jac!

Have any favorite seasons? Favorite eps?

Favourite seasons are 2, 3 and 4. Favourite eps include Home, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Jose  Chung's From Outer Space, Arcadia, Beyond the Sea and many, many more.

• Love 1

Favourite seasons are 2, 3 and 4. Favourite eps include Home, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Jose  Chung's From Outer Space, Arcadia, Beyond the Sea and many, many more.

Cool. Those are some good eps and seasons. 

• Love 1

I can't find them in Australia yet. I'll be keeping an eye out.

ETA: Minotaur has them in stock. Guess I know where I'm headed on pay day.

Edited by JacquelineLHope
  • Love 1

Hi all,

I'm sgirl here and at Haven. I have lurked at TWOP back in the day toward the end of the run of the series so I have been around awhile. I started watching, my first episode was Squeeze, so since mostly the beginning. I have been trhough it all. Didn't get online til later seasons but have kept up just not writing too much.  I never know what to add. So excited for the new episodes though worried too. I just want good stories with M&S together. It's good to have a place to talk to other Philes.

• Love 2

Hi all,

I'm sgirl here and at Haven. I have lurked at TWOP back in the day toward the end of the run of the series so I have been around awhile. I started watching, my first episode was Squeeze, so since mostly the beginning. I have been trhough it all. Didn't get online til later seasons but have kept up just not writing too much.  I never know what to add. So excited for the new episodes though worried too. I just want good stories with M&S together. It's good to have a place to talk to other Philes.

Hi sgirl, I'm Agent_410 from over on Haven. I went by the same name as I do now here on Previously, via TWOP. Wasn't online back during the series though, dang it. Me too. Hope you enjoy your time here :). We won't bite.

Hi everyone! Thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. I used to post sporadically on TWoP under the same name (I was more active on the 24 and West Wing boards since TXF had ended long before I registered on the site).

I don't know if you remember me. I posted a lot before/during IWTB stuff and then fell off the face of the earth after I was so deeply disappointed by the movie.

I recognize the name since I've been doing a rewatch and re-reading the recaps! A few other names look familiar as well.

I plan to come around more when the series picks up (though not right away - I managed to book my first ever winter vacation during the first three episodes).

Was anyone at Salt Lake Comic Con? There was an XF panel. My husband and I wore XF related shirts that I made and they were quite the stir. We ended up on Instagram and Twitter of one of the panel members. I'm a star! Not really.

I also brought home a Scully Funko (and a Scully shirt) and have plans for some fun staged pictures. It was so awesome to be in a room full of people talking about XF! There was also a "shipper" panel and several of the panel members mentioned their favorite TV couple of all time were M&S. We only saw one other couple dressed as M&S.

• Love 3

I don't know how to put a personal pic in here, but if you search on Instagram for the user "thejmbell" we are the two geeks in the grey shirts with green lettering. It was so fun to have other fans love the shirts. Gal in front of us said I should have an etsy shop because she'd totally buy one. They are machine embroidered.

That's it! And my Scully hair is courtesy of my fab hairdresser a week prior. One of the panel guys even came down after and talked to us, he mentioned my hair. Really a great bunch of people on the entire panel.

Ha! Just noticed we were photo bombed.

Edited by DaynaPhile
  • Love 3

That's it! And my Scully hair is courtesy of my fab hairdresser a week prior. One of the panel guys even came down after and talked to us, he mentioned my hair. Really a great bunch of people on the entire panel.

Ha! Just noticed we were photo bombed.

They did a great job! Yea noticed the guy in the background lol. You guys look great :).

Am I a fan snob if I get irritated when people on Facebook finish a quote challenge and they get it RONG? I follow a couple of XF accounts and they had a Finish the Quote post today. From Trevor. "Dear diary, today my heart lept when..."

Someone actually said "when Skully said paranormal phenomena".

My eyes...they just can't unsee that. Mangled Scully spelling and all.

Edited by DaynaPhile
  • Love 2

You may be a fan snob, but I'm right there with you. That misspelling of Scully irks me every time I see it. Especially since I know the urban dictionary definition of Skully.

And any true fan would be able to finish any vaguely MSR quote with 100% accuracy :-P

Edited by M.F. Luder
  • Love 1

You may be a fan snob, but I'm right there with you. That misspelling of Scully irks me every time I see it. Especially since I know the urban dictionary definition of Skully.

And any true fan would be able to finish any vaguely MSR quote with 100% accuracy :-P

'True' fan? I'm sorry guys, but that term rubs me the wrong way. So anyone who isn't able to do that, isn't a 'true' fan? Uh no. I'm not able to, but I've watched since season 3. Back when it aired. I just happen to like other shows as well, so quotes don't stick with me as much.

'True' fan? I'm sorry guys, but that term rubs me the wrong way. So anyone who isn't able to do that, isn't a 'true' fan? Uh no. I'm not able to, but I've watched since season 3. Back when it aired. I just happen to like other shows as well, so quotes don't stick with me as much.

The ":-P" was meant to make the statement light-heartedly sarcastic. We were talking about being fan snobs...it's a joke.

• Love 2

The ":-P" was meant to make the statement light-heartedly sarcastic. We were talking about being fan snobs...it's a joke.

Thanks for clarifying on that! :) It's easy to miss the sarcasm in online comments.

I've just seen that term being thrown around on other boards (in a non sarcastic manner) and it gets under my skin a little bit. We're all fans for gosh sakes :P. It shouldn't matter to what extent as long as we care about the show and the characters on it.

Agent Pendrell lives! I just saw him in an episode of the oh so historically accurate "Reign". Season 2, episode 19. He was some sort of information to the queen mother. (Played deliciously by Megan Follows, aka Kath from Per Manum)

• Love 1

I'm going to BroadwayCon in New York this weekend, which means I will be on the road when the premiere airs and won't be able to watch it until Monday. While I'm super excited for BroadwayCon, cannot tell you how disappointing it is not to be online while the show is airing and immediately afterward to participate in the fandom craziness. (Also won't be able to watch the AFC championship game! This has turned out to be the weekend when everything is happening.)

I'm supposed to be going to a screening of it Friday night, but it has now turned into a screening of the first two -- yay, because I'm sure I'm going to like the second one better than the first -- and CC will be showing up in the afternoon for some publicity photo -- boo, because now crazy fans are going to line up all day and we're going to have to either join them in order to get in - our reservations don't guarantee entry - or skip it and thus we're probably going to skip it.  I hate crap like this.

I'm supposed to be going to a screening of it Friday night, but it has now turned into a screening of the first two -- yay, because I'm sure I'm going to like the second one better than the first -- and CC will be showing up in the afternoon for some publicity photo -- boo, because now crazy fans are going to line up all day and we're going to have to either join them in order to get in - our reservations don't guarantee entry - or skip it and thus we're probably going to skip it.  I hate crap like this.

Dang that sucks :(. I hope it works out for you guys!

I may or not be going to Comic Con Fan X in March. Gillian and Mitch will be there. I also may or may not be getting a photo op with Gillian.

Ok, I am. I'm so excited! I should make her a "Mulder it's me" tee shirt. Think they'd let me give it to her? I went to see Sutton Foster a year or so ago and they let us give her things but I don't know the rules at CC.

I also finally caught the Kimmel interview and I had forgotten (but not really) how giggly and silly she really is. All her characters and photo shoots are so serious, but in reality she's a little flighty and silly. I love it.

• Love 1

I may or not be going to Comic Con Fan X in March. Gillian and Mitch will be there. I also may or may not be getting a photo op with Gillian.

Ok, I am. I'm so excited! I should make her a "Mulder it's me" tee shirt. Think they'd let me give it to her? I went to see Sutton Foster a year or so ago and they let us give her things but I don't know the rules at CC.

I also finally caught the Kimmel interview and I had forgotten (but not really) how giggly and silly she really is. All her characters and photo shoots are so serious, but in reality she's a little flighty and silly. I love it.

Lucky! Where I'm at we're lucky to even have a Comic Con, but we don't have anyone really famous at it :(. Exception being south of us, but that's one place I'd never go to. It's just not safe.

We never had any close to us either until Salt Lake started having them. We could never afford to get to San Diego or NYC for the other big ones. I hear it's almost impossible to get into SD anyway. SLC tickets aren't outrageous...yet.

Popping in to ask, didn't there used to be a fan fiction archive specifically for XF? It was divided up so you could look for specific types of stories, like post episodes and things like that. I can't for the life of me remember the name. Is it still out there?

There were MANY fic archives for XF, but the behemoth one was The Gossamer Project.  It is still up, though not being updated, I don't believe.  There's also Ephemeral, and there were plenty of smaller specific archives and fanfic recommendation pages.  A lot of them can still be found via the Wayback Machine.  

• Love 1

Well, we were about 360 of the 400 they let in for the screening, so our seats sucked but we got in.  (The studio also authorized a second screening, after ours let out, for the overflow, which we were told this morning would likely occur in the event there were significantly more people than the theatre could hold, so I think everyone who showed up got to see the first and third episode eventually.)  Standing in line for an hour and a half is not my idea of a good time - especially since we'd already gone down in the morning to get wristbands, only to find out those didn't guarantee entry; you still had to be among the first 400 people (with wristbands) in line - but it was a nicely non-psychotic group and time went fairly quickly. 

Anyway, yes, Gossamer was the main repository for XF fan-fic back in the day.  People still post to Ephemeral, but since Gossamer hasn't been updated in eons it just lingers there rather than being integrated into the archive.  Archive of Our Own (which houses all sorts of fic, not just XF) is a decent clearinghouse these days.  I think everything else is pretty fragmented (it was LiveJournal, then Tumblr, and I don't do any of these things so I just rely on emailed links from a friend who does).

Hi all!

I'm so happy to have found an X-Files forum on PreviouslyTV! I was a lurker on TWoP and never posted, but I'm looking forward to joining in on the fandom craziness this time around. It's a little weird (and very cool!) to see some of the screen names of posters I remember from back then. It's sort of like revisiting family!

Anyway, I'm in my early thirties and have been a fan since the beginning...the show started when I was nine and my dad and I watched it together, almost without fail, every week for the whole run....and even managed to see both movies together when they came out. Sometimes I think he questioned his decision to let me watch it that young, and I know my mom was afraid it would scare me, but I'm glad we won! =) The show ended the same year I left for college, so the finale was the end of an era in two different ways for me.

Scully was both my first TV crush and role model, because nobody I knew in real life loved science the way I did. It was great to see a woman on TV be so smart and successful AND be a scientist. So I went to school and did the science thing....and now I get to make cracks about "snapping on the latex" during work hours! ;)

I haven't watched any X-Files since IWTB, but was so excited to hear it was coming back....I've been bouncing off the walls since I heard about it because it continues to be my favorite show of all time. We live in different cities now, but my dad and I have been quoting the show through text back and forth for months....it appears to be a sickness. ;)

Can't wait for tonight!! Yay! =)

• Love 2

Hi all!

I'm so happy to have found an X-Files forum on PreviouslyTV! I was a lurker on TWoP and never posted, but I'm looking forward to joining in on the fandom craziness this time around. It's a little weird (and very cool!) to see some of the screen names of posters I remember from back then. It's sort of like revisiting family!

Anyway, I'm in my early thirties and have been a fan since the beginning...the show started when I was nine and my dad and I watched it together, almost without fail, every week for the whole run....and even managed to see both movies together when they came out. Sometimes I think he questioned his decision to let me watch it that young, and I know my mom was afraid it would scare me, but I'm glad we won! =) The show ended the same year I left for college, so the finale was the end of an era in two different ways for me.

Scully was both my first TV crush and role model, because nobody I knew in real life loved science the way I did. It was great to see a woman on TV be so smart and successful AND be a scientist. So I went to school and did the science thing....and now I get to make cracks about "snapping on the latex" during work hours! ;)

I haven't watched any X-Files since IWTB, but was so excited to hear it was coming back....I've been bouncing off the walls since I heard about it because it continues to be my favorite show of all time. We live in different cities now, but my dad and I have been quoting the show through text back and forth for months....it appears to be a sickness. ;)

Can't wait for tonight!! Yay! =)

I'm way older than you but my father and I also watched it together-he would come over every Sunday night because my Mom hated the show since it was too scary for her. We started from Series 3 all the way to babies and The Truth...and no matter how bad the show got we still watched it together. We even were the first group of filmgoers to watch the first movie. We live in different parts of the country now but are both watching the revival. My niece was even born the same time as Scully's baby.

I think every woman wanted to be Scully and many guys thought she was hot...Dad is still a fan of Ms. Anderson:) Glad to see that the character inspired you in such a way.

Edited by Tardislass
  • Love 1

I'm way older than you but my father and I also watched it together-he would come over every Sunday night because my Mom hated the show since it was too scary for her. We started from Series 3 all the way to babies and The Truth...and no matter how bad the show got we still watched it together. We even were the first group of filmgoers to watch the first movie. We live in different parts of the country now but are both watching the revival.

Very cool. I love how this show allowed so many of us to create such wonderful memories and brought our families together. =)

@Sparklesbitch: Welcome! :) What's your favorite episode?

Thanks!

I have so many favorites, but probably Bad Blood. It just never gets old for me.

Also, I have a soft spot for Never Again. Rebellious, "Not everything is about you, Mulder. This is my life," Scully both fascinates me and breaks my heart. I feel like Never Again is one of the few episodes where we really get to see her struggle against where her life is going vs. her idea of what it might have been if not for Mulder and his influence. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Mulder (how could you not?), but I've always found Scully's struggles more interesting.

What's your favorite? =)

Edited by SparklesBitch
  • Love 1

Very cool. I love how this show allowed so many of us to create such wonderful memories and brought our families together. =)

Thanks!

I have so many favorites, but probably Bad Blood. It just never gets old for me.

Also, I have a soft spot for Never Again. Rebellious, "Not everything is about you, Mulder. This is my life," Scully both fascinates me and breaks my heart. I feel like Never Again is one of the few episodes where we really get to see her struggle against where her life is going vs. her idea of what it might have been if not for Mulder and his influence. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Mulder (how could you not?), but I've always found Scully's struggles more interesting.

What's your favorite? =)

Ah. Nice!

Too many.

Arcadia is one of my faves. 

Small Potatoes, Empedocles, The Truth, Requiem, The Unnatural, Home, Ice, Eve... etc.