Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Move On / S03.E02: But I'm Not

The residents of Chester’s Mill appear both inside and outside the Dome following their mysterious encounter in the tunnels beneath the town.  As the Dome begins to reveal its ultimate agenda, the townspeople are forced to question what and whom they can trust as fresh threats appear, new residents emerge and surprising alliances form.
(edited)

As much as I enjoy making fun of this show, I was kind of hoping the description for the first episode of the third season would be - "The dome continues to shrink until it squeezes the propane until it explodes."

The residents of Chester’s Mill appear both inside and outside the Dome

Not at the same time, I hope! I don't think I could take two Juniors, or two Big Jims, or two Noris, or two....

the townspeople are forced to question what and whom they can trust

Well, after two seasons of these lemming townspeople automatically going along with whomever talks the most, it is about time the question whom they can trust.  I am not surprised that they had to be forced into it. 

new residents emerge

Well,  of course they do.

Two seasons of being trapped under a dome with no way in or out, with food shortages, fires, freezing temperatures, and a host of other calamities that threatened everyone'e existence, but there are still some people who managed to survive nicely on their own and not be involved in any way with the rest of the town.  They never even wandered out of their hiding places to ask "Hey, what's with this acid rain?"  Whoever was in charge of the census did a crappy job. 

Then again, I think the two seasons were really only a couple of weeks in "real time" - short enough to go unnoticed, yet long enough to fall truly, madly, deeply in love.

surprising alliances form.

I am racking my brain trying to come up with a "Surprising" alliance we haven't seen before.  It seems that everyone has been allied with Big Jim at some point, and he is the main one that would make an alliance "surprising" - especially after they have all been forced to question whom to trust.

Maybe Junior and Nori's live mom will become a team - surprising because she seems to be the only one too intelligent to ally with Junior. Although, it suppose it would be more surprising if he teamed up with her dead mom.  

Or maybe the "new residents" and the "surprising alliances" are connected and we will be introduced to never-before-seen rival gang members (one gang wears orange, the other wears black - Monarch butterfly colors, ya know) and they will join together to defeat Big Jim and the steal the propane.

Then they get blown up when the dome squeezes the propane tanks until they explode.

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 5

Well, after two seasons of these lemming townspeople automatically going along with whomever talks the most, it is about time the question whom they can trust.  I am not surprised that they had to be forced into it.

Yeah, if they don't change their minds by then.  We've seen these brain dead folks do a complete 180 in an episode before.

I am racking my brain trying to come up with a "Surprising" alliance we haven't seen before.  It seems that everyone has been allied with Big Jim at some point, and he is the main one that would make an alliance "surprising" - especially after they have all been forced to question whom to trust.

There's no more 'surprising' alliances left.

• Love 1
(edited)
The residents of Chester’s Mill appear both inside and outside the Dome following their mysterious encounter in the tunnels beneath the town.

Is the town going to magically rebuild itself after being crushed by the Dome ?  Otherwise, when everyone ends up back inside the Dome where will they live ?  What will they eat ?   Where is Drownsie going to take everyone from the tunnel before dumping them back under the Dome ?

Remember all the effort spent saving the crops (that were never harvested and are now probably crushed) and the gunfight over the one working well (which was also probably crushed), and since the lake was cut in half by the Dome the lake doesn't even exist anymore (now that the Dome has crushed it).  And with the lake gone, how will newbies get into the Dome via the Red Door ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

Is the town going to magically rebuild itself after being crushed by the Dome ?  Otherwise, when everyone ends up back inside the Dome where will they live ?  What will they eat ?   Where is Drownsie going to take everyone from the tunnel before dumping them back under the Dome ?

Either a reset or they'll forget about it completely.

Remember all the effort spent saving the crops (that were never harvested and are now probably crushed) and the gunfight over the one working well (which was also probably crushed), and since the lake was cut in half by the Dome the lake doesn't even exist anymore (now that the Dome has crushed it).  And with the lake gone, how will newbies get into the Dome via the Red Door ?

The writers sure didn't.

• Love 3

I read that Marg Helgenberger is joining the show as an "anthropologist" who "devises a plan" to convince the Domites to share resources and get along better. First, very questionable career move on Marg's part. More importantly, I didn't realize they had a town anthropologist. And where the hell has she been the last couple of years. Did she sleep in? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen her lurking in the background during the regular public executions. Although to be fair, in this show's timeline, it's only been a week and a half since the dome came down. BTW, our town anthropologist is a real prick and never even buys Girl Scout cookies, let alone shows us the tools to help survive an apocalypse. Asshole.

• Love 4
(edited)
I read that Marg Helgenberger is joining the show as an "anthropologist" who "devises a plan" to convince the Domites to share resources and get along better.

What resources ? Anything above ground was apparently crushed by the Dome (including all the propane), so unless S3 moves to another town I'm not sure what resources they will be sharing.  And is she going ask Big Jim to dial back the crazy without him killing her ?

More importantly, I didn't realize they had a town anthropologist. And where the hell has she been the last couple of years. Did she sleep in?

Maybe she did, just like Rebecca the school teacher (and apparent graduate of the Dr. Mengele Academy of Science) and Sam who were both non-existent in Season 1. Sam was apparently hammered in his cabin for the entire first season (off-screen of course).

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

I read that Marg Helgenberger is joining the show as an "anthropologist" who "devises a plan" to convince the Domites to share resources and get along better.

This sounds like Rebecca 2.0, only instead of ridiculous pseudo-science asspull plot convenience it's regular bs asspull plot convenience.

• Love 2

when everyone ends up back inside the Dome where will they live ?  What will they eat ?  

Maybe they gathered food outside the dome to take inside the dome.  That's all I got :)

• Love 2

I'm a borg about the whole damn thing tbh. Emotionally detached. It's so messed up lol.

So no different from the characters on this show, lol.

• Love 1

Soooo, anyone else watching this tonight?  Or are you just going to watch the first part and then switch to Hannibal?  I'm torn on what to do.  I mean, I can always catch Hannibal or Under the Dome OnDemand.  Trouble is when those episodes will show up.

• Love 2

Soooo, anyone else watching this tonight?  Or are you just going to watch the first part and then switch to Hannibal?  I'm torn on what to do.  I mean, I can always catch Hannibal or Under the Dome OnDemand.  Trouble is when those episodes will show up.

I forgot about it lol. Was watching 'Field of Dreams'.

• Love 3

This show...

Seeing Junior get shot by his drunk old man. Woah O_O. He's even crazier than him. And the giant 'human' coccoons... damn.

You forget how the brain dead townspeople barely react/care about murderers in their town.

For me, I'll just watch Under the Dome online, I know it's usually leaked early online, at least in my experiences for the past seasons.

• Love 1
(edited)

WTF was that intro sequence ?  And why was everything sticky in the white room ?  So when they reappeared they were outside the Dome -- why didn't they fucking run for it instead of standing around like a bunch of goobers ?

Julia no longer has a limp from her leg wound, but the bandage is still there.  Outside  her jeans.  And Big Jim has apparently shrugged off both the stab wound in his foot and the gunshot in this shoulder -- and blood loss, no big problem.  In fact Big Jim was actively using his arm attached to the shoulder that was shot -- how exactly ?  Is he impervious to pain now ?  And he managed to walk back to town from the woods as fast as Junior and Julia did.  How did Big Jim tie up both Junior and Julia while holding a gun on them ?  Only to let them go and shoot Junior in the shoulder (so they were even).

Hold on a minute -- the Dome was low enough to crush the trees.  Trees that were only 30 or 40 feet high.  Did the Dome stop descending in the scenario with Junior, Julia and Big Jim ? Why did it stop ?  Why weren't the buildings in town crushed ?

Meanwhile, Drownsie is running some sort of console somewhere -- and is linked with the survivors of the Dome via some sort of dream program or VR.  So I guess we can ignore all the dream sequences because they are all bullshit.  What is the point of the shared dream/VR if it's just Drownsie fucking with them ?  So, did Drownsie secrete all these pods like the Hive Queen from the Alien movies ?  And then she murders Skaterboy Ben for good measure.

I guess all of Ben's screentime makes up for his near complete disappearance from last season.

Oh noooooesssss -- the butterfly bit me. Run Junior, Run !!  These are butterflies, not bats.

Why is Fivehead taller than Joe now ?  Big growth spurt between filming seasons 2 and 3.

Is Marg Helgenberger Drownsie's avatar in the dream sequences ?  Survey says ... No.

Looking at all the names on that memorial wall -- you would think they would at least put the names in alphabetical order.  WTF ?  But then again it's VR so who gives a shit.

Barbie's father returns the egg to the Dome and Drownsie kills him too.

And the egg is one of many eggs that were all found in meteorites that landed on Earth on the same day.  How long ago ?  So what triggered the one in Chester's Mills to make the Dome and start fucking with people.

Eric La Salle is apparently the new big bad for Season 3 -- control the power of the egg at all costs.  It would help if he had a mustache to twirl.

So, Christine Price is the original pod person.  Where the fuck did she come from ?  One of the meteorites ? The egg ?

Is the entire season going to be spent with everyone but Junior, Julia, Big Jim and Drownsie in this poor man's ripoff of the Matrix ?  Whoops ! Spoke too soon -- The Matrix is Dead.  And big surprise that Eva is also a pod person.  I thought it was funny that the Matrix died just as Hunter was about to get it on with Norrie.

This .... was just a fucking horrible season premiere.

ETA: It's pretty sad when you can't trust a girl that has come back from the dead after 30 years or so -- that you've only known for about 10 days in showtime.  Really Julia ?  Never suspected that she might be fucking evil, not even once.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5
(edited)

Well, good-bye Skater Joe and Barbie's Daddy.  Hello, Marg Helgenburger (with cheese) along with your evil Ring Pop of Doom.  And hello also to black lady rival for Barbie's affections.

Barbie murdered a man.  But then it turned out he did not.

Goddamn but Julia's dumb.  She sees Barbie's dead father (with a crushed trachea) and automatically assumes Big Jim did it because "Grrr, Big Jim"?  This fucking show.........

And Melanie has been evil this whole time.  Color me shocked <dull surprise>.  I'll give her this - I like her hair.

Next episode, things will be answered but a lot will not.  And the egg is gone.  Yay <dull surprise>

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 3

I miss season one Big Jim. When he was drivin' around, drinkin' Jack Daniels straight out of the bottle and shooting people.

You listened! Thank you Dome crew!

I knew they were trolling us as soon as I saw the lush forests of Yemen.

Chris Cooper: "You want me to crawl out of lake wearing suit? I'm an Oscar winner for Christ's sake! I don't need this shit. Just kill me now!"

• Love 3

I thought it was great - hilarious with lots and lots of action and confusion and stuff that makes no sense!  Good times.

So...they're all still in the Dome, and I guess never actually left except via whatever collective fake world vision dream they were all having while in the pods.  Yay, Julia, for finally getting it that the Dome and Melanie were not protecting them, lol.

• Love 2
So...they're all still in the Dome, and I guess never actually left except via whatever collective fake world vision dream they were all having while in the pods.  Yay, Julia, for finally getting it that the Dome and Melanie were not protecting them, lol.

They should have at least shown Drownsie move the giant Dome lowering switch from On to Off.  Which would explain why the Dome quit lowering, otherwise there's no explanation whatsoever.  Did the Dome return to its original height ?  Or is it even higher now ?

• Love 3

And Melanie has been evil this whole time.  Color me shocked <dull surprise>.

Couldn't tell with the acting, but I guess it is.  What a shock.

Next episode, things will be answered but a lot will not.  And the egg is gone.  Yay <dull surprise>

So just like last season, they made the previous season more and more pointless, got rid of some characters, and gave us more bs.

• Love 4

So just like last season, they made the previous season more and more pointless, got rid of some characters, and gave us more bs.

Classic Dome.

• Love 8

Yep.

Under the Dome = Home of the BS makers.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yep.

Under the Dome = Home of the BS makers.

Yup, more of those 'answers', they seem to be dumping previous plot points and characters that ended up doing nothing if anything.

Well, good-bye skate Joe and Barbie's Daddy.

Bye friend who barely had much screen time and was supposed to be a 'big' death and bye Mr. Dale, I'll remember when the show tried to make you seem important last season but did absolutely nothing with you in the end.

Edited by Free
  • Love 5

Yup, more of those 'answers', they seem to be dumping previous plot points and characters that ended up doing nothing if anything.

Bye friend who barely had much screen time and was supposed to be a 'big' death and bye Mr. Dale, I'll remember when the show tried to make you seem important last season but did absolutely nothing with you in the end.

Yep.

And wtf?! -- just saw Big Jim (I think the fake him) walk over his dead body. This is getting really far fetched O_o.

• Love 2

Yep.

And wtf?! -- just saw Big Jim (I think the fake him) walk over his dead body. This is getting really far fetched O_o.

Yeah, Idk, maybe it's the writers' attempt at 'answers', but still...

• Love 1

The closest I've ever come to liking Big Jim (and I'm still several bajillion miles away from not hating him) was when he totally at Julia's lunch and called her stupid for believing Drownsie and thinking he killed Barbie Senior and then bringig her to the body.

Well, all this show was missing was a pregnancy and baby story line. Especially with someone that isn't Julia, when he is obviously not over her. #babymamadrama

Why haven't they shown Joe's parents? It would have been nice if they talked to him about his reluctance to go to college, or how he was dealing with Angie moving on to film Tomorrowland...I mean, sudden tragic death.

WTF at Big Jim going from shooting his son, to shooting pictures and video of his son (by the way, he was a colossal douche in that home movie) to flipping out on Drownsie "I'll be damned if I let you kill my son" bitch please, you and your son have been trying to kill each other forever.

As much as I hate this show, and all of it's stupid romantic pairings, I'm really hating that Nori and hacker guy pairing.

• Love 5

So the dome's plan was to trap everyone in the final season of Lost? Show, if you're going to rip something off, pick better material.

If a weird circus/freak show comes into town a la the last season of Heroes, that's when we'll know that it has really just all gone to hell.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yea but frankly it's raising more questions than answers.

Yeah, just throwing random bs around and then drop it quickly for the next one.  Rinse, lather, and repeat.

If a weird circus/freak show comes into town a la the last season of Heroes, that's when we'll know that it has really just all gone to hell.

The premiere already feels like that with all the random bs that popped up in these episodes.

So the dome's plan was to trap everyone in the final season of Lost? Show, if you're going to rip something off, pick better material.

It feels like a cheap cosplay of Lost in a way.

They should have at least shown Drownsie move the giant Dome lowering switch from On to Off.  Which would explain why the Dome quit lowering, otherwise there's no explanation whatsoever.  Did the Dome return to its original height ?  Or is it even higher now ?

Then we wouldn't have scenes of Melanie blankly looking around and touching crystals trying to act evil which is the same as all her other scenes.

Edited by Free
  • Love 4
(edited)

Norrie: " We're outside the dome!"

Me: "Great! The show's over!"

Of course, the dome was playing with me and the show proceeded with a new season of WTFuckery  aka Under the Dome.

What in the hell did I just watch?

"What the hell am I watching" was pretty much what I was thinking for most of the episode. Then when they all emerged from the cocoon, I was laughing at how lame it all was.

And yet.... I'll be tuning in next week,

What is wrong with me that I can't quit this show?

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 11
(edited)

Damnit, still with the cow!

I'm just gonna say it: Marg Helgenberger's top lip really creeps me out.

ETA: It's pretty sad when you can't trust a girl that has come back from the dead after 30 years or so -- that you've only known for about 10 days in showtime.  Really Julia ?  Never suspected that she might be fucking evil, not even once.

I actually think 10 is a little generous, and I was saying so, loudly, to Julia in that scene by the lake.

The closest I've ever come to liking Big Jim (and I'm still several bajillion miles away from not hating him) was when he totally at Julia's lunch and called her stupid for believing Drownsie and thinking he killed Barbie Senior and then bringig her to the body.

WTF at Big Jim going from shooting his son, to shooting pictures and video of his son (by the way, he was a colossal douche in that home movie) to flipping out on Drownsie "I'll be damned if I let you kill my son" bitch please, you and your son have been trying to kill each other forever.

I was totally on Big Jim's side during that takedown of Julia, and also a little during the home movie. His son was getting beaten-up by a wild pack of vicious butterflies, a little more tough love might have helped ;)

Why was 5-head being given such crap about taking off from Chester's Mill and not coming to visit? She's.Not.From.There!

I do have to say that better hair gel, more confidence, less Daddy issues, and a leather jacket did Jr. well. Ahem.

I was watching a show with Dean Norris, during which there was an ad for a new tv show with Betsy Brandt, and then at the start off the odd yoga-in-very-tight-business-clothes scene there was a nice establishing shot of a large purple rock. Oops, I mean "they're minerals, Marie!" 

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 3
(edited)

This is still one of the stupidest shows on television - maybe THE stupidest because it purports to be serious drama.  And yet I felt compelled to watch it last night.  Why?!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

Well that was awful...

Julia continues to be a terrible reporter who trusts people way too quickly and easily and jumps to wild conclusions based on nothing.

Everyone else was taking their daily stupid pills as per usual.

• Love 4

Because she is dirt stupid and this is the rare scene of someone actually making sense in this brain dead show.

• Love 1

WhaTTTT. the fucKKKK? Is this show? It's like four different crappy shows all shoved together to make one giant ball of even crappier suckitude. That being said, I hope it goes on for seasons, because Ranting Tara is Best Tara.

• Love 6