Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

Sherri is one of  those people who thinks everyone is dying to know where she is and what she is doing every.minute.of.the.day.   Didn't she tweet while she was pulled over for speeding or something?

• Love 1

the litigants are present during the jury selection.... one of the questions they ask is if you know the people involved.

Yes. What I was trying to distinguish was waiting upstairs until you're called down. She had obviously been called down and should have been paying attention. I realize that she was not in the midst of a trial.

Yes. What I was trying to distinguish was waiting upstairs until you're called down. She had obviously been called down and should have been paying attention. I realize that she was not in the midst of a trial.

When I was called for jury duty we all sat in the gallery and they called names to go sit in the jury box..... then when people were dismissed others took their place..... we were all in the same room with the defendant.

I got called for jury duty 2 more times..... the first I wasnt called to go to the courthouse..... and the 2nd the trial was canceled.... I think he plead out

Which brings me to another point.... which is correct... Plead or Pleaded??   And which is correct... Hanged or Hung

• Love 1

Which brings me to another point.... which is correct... Plead or Pleaded??   And which is correct... Hanged or Hung

In legal circles:  "pleaded" is most common among modern writers, though some of us old coots prefer "pled" -- "plead" is present tense, not past.

Again in legal circles:  "hanged" refers to execution (the convict was hanged) -- "hung" refers to pictures on the wall (or, vulgarly, to a man's sexual endowment). 

Outside of legal circles, I'm not up to date on what's made it into various current dictionaries, too many of which (in my opinion) defer to styles of usage at the expense of correct grammar.

• Love 8

When I was called for jury duty we all sat in the gallery and they called names to go sit in the jury box..... then when people were dismissed others took their place..... we were all in the same room with the defendant.

I got called for jury duty 2 more times..... the first I wasnt called to go to the courthouse..... and the 2nd the trial was canceled.... I think he plead out

Which brings me to another point.... which is correct... Plead or Pleaded?? And which is correct... Hanged or Hung

plead, pronounced "pled" and "hung."

It's a different system here in Hamilton County (also in Ohio, Roger). You're called down and sit in the box during the voir dire.

• Love 1

In legal circles:  "pleaded" is most common among modern writers, though some of us old coots prefer "pled" -- "plead" is present tense, not past.

Again in legal circles:  "hanged" refers to execution (the convict was hanged) -- "hung" refers to pictures on the wall (or, vulgarly, to a man's sexual endowment). 

Outside of legal circles, I'm not up to date on what's made it into various current dictionaries, too many of which (in my opinion) defer to styles of usage at the expense of correct grammar.

Thanks to 3pwood and SFoster21 for the responses .

The Plead.. Pled... and Pleaded would annoy me when I saw news reports and they would say a defendant pleaded out..... it just didnt sound right to me.

I like the explanation between hung and hanged... it makes sense to me.

What's wrong with her????

Ahhhhh...so little time.  I'm 75--someone younger will have to answer this one.

Ah....3pwood, one of my pet complaints.  WHO is supposed to notify me when rules of spelling or grammar change?  I love words and usage but I'd like the Grammar and Spelling Police(s) to include me on their mailing list when something changes.

• Love 5

Apparently, during the republican debate tonight Trump was asked about calling women pigs and slobs and Trump's answer was "only Rosie O'Donnell". Good Lord.

I thought my eyes were going to fall out of my head staring at his deranged face…..there is not even a thimble's worth of diplomatic intellectual happening.  We are talking about leader of the free world and he gleefully admits that he thinks Rosie O'Donnell is a slob/pig, whatever, at a televised debate.  The other gem was Trump gloating that he "gives to everyone (politicians)" and when he calls them for something, they are there.  They followed-up with "what did you ask of Hillary," and he, with a straight face, says I ordered her to go to my wedding….and she came.  O.  M.  G.

• Love 7

Apparently, during the republican debate tonight Trump was asked about calling women pigs and slobs and Trump's answer was "only Rosie O'Donnell". Good Lord.

What needs to be remembered is the back and forth with Rosie and Trump.... it was won by Rosie..... I can still see her flopping her hair over talking about the Dump Truck.

This comment will work quite well when talking about "the war on women"

Looks like he is gonna lose.... again

• Love 5

Bitsy was out this Monday through Thursday from Faux and Friends but was back on Friday morning. I was wondering if she came back just so she could have a good smirk about this, which she did.  She was doing a segment with Twitter responses to the debate and someone said, "Rosie responded to this insult" and Bitsy smirked and said sarcastically, "Oh, she did?"  (Rosie's response was, "Imagine explaining this to your kids." A woman mocked on national tv for the world to see. So funny, Bitsy. Smirk away.)

Here is the video - http://video.foxnews.com/v/4405419198001/top-trending-debate-topics-on-social-media/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips

She owes Rosie her career. Rosie stands for everything the far right hates - feminist, gay, anti-war, outspoken.  When Bitsy ginned up a feud with her, she catapulted herself as a heroine of that crowd. She's rode that pony for 8 years now. Pathetic.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 11

Interesting article, thanks. I think "comedic genius" is vastly overstating the case but I didn't know the extent of her work in the aftermath of Katrina. Like most interesting people, Rosie is complicated. And like most dull people, Bitsy is not complicated - she has no core values, holds no opinions that haven't been fed to her, and plays the role she was hired to play, even if it means being a nasty little piece of work.  But hey, she runs through the park waving the American flag so there's that.

• Love 15

Rosie is complicated.

And can be controlling and grumpy, but some of us felt like we "knew" that she was this committed to helping folks.  I'm quite sure that Whoopi's charity doesn't run this deep.  What a disappointment this year turned out to be.

The writing in that piece was atrocious, but thank you so much for sharing merriebreeze. ♥

• Love 2

Interesting article, thanks. I think "comedic genius" is vastly overstating the case but I didn't know the extent of her work in the aftermath of Katrina. Like most interesting people, Rosie is complicated. And like most dull people, Bitsy is not complicated - she has no core values, holds no opinions that haven't been fed to her, and plays the role she was hired to play, even if it means being a nasty little piece of work.  But hey, she runs through the park waving the American flag so there's that.

That photo is truly one of the most absurd I've ever seen.  I remember just staring at it for a hard minute in disbelief.  Jogging, pushing a baby stroller with an olympic sized flag on the end of a beam….what?  Most people are quietly grateful to live in peaceful, free societies but this screaming from the rooftops and "raising patriots," is disturbing to me.  She's a lunatic and quite frankly conducts herself on the other side of "christian," so shut up Hasselbeck.  I sort of hope Trump drags her into his meltdown….is that too mean?   :) 

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 8

That photo is truly one of the most absurd I've ever seen.  I remember just staring at it for a hard minute in disbelief.  Jogging, pushing a baby stroller with a olympic sized flag on the end of a beam….what?  Most people are quietly grateful to live in peaceful, free societies but this screaming from the rooftops and "raising patriots," is disturbing to me.  She's a lunatic and quite frankly conducts herself on the other side of "christian," so shut up Hasselbeck.  I sort of hope Trump drags her into his meltdown….is that too mean?   :) 

I wish she was on the receiving end of what Megyn Kelly is enduring.  THAT would be funny & Hasselblech would be spinning like a top & bawling all over her cronies about how hard done by she is.

• Love 4

That photo is truly one of the most absurd I've ever seen.  I remember just staring at it for a hard minute in disbelief.  Jogging, pushing a baby stroller with a olympic sized flag on the end of a beam….what?

For all those not familiar, look upon it and despair:

http://www.babyrazzi.com/2012/06/16/elisabeth-hasselbeck-and-her-kids-show-off-their-flag-day-pride/

Looks like she's got Grace running. On one hand, I begrudgingly admit it's a good thing to get one's kids interested in exercise at a young age. On the other, Bitsy has such bizarre body issues that I think this would be a hard living environment for a chubby kid.

• Love 2

Funny, how much of Bitsy's "patriotism"  consists of the same thing -  Running, and wearing the colors of the flag.  She makes t-shirts, runs with veterans, sings the national anthem and recites the pledge of allegiance  with her kids.  She's shouting "America"  from the rooftops, without an understanding of what it all means. 

• Love 8

I wish she was on the receiving end of what Megyn Kelly is enduring.  THAT would be funny & Hasselblech would be spinning like a top & bawling all over her cronies about how hard done by she is.

Dont you remember when Elisabeth made a list in a playboy article.... and she contacted NOW because she was so outraged??

Conservative women are supposed to be treated in a different manner than other women.

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/2009/06/04/bravo-elisabeth-elisabeth-hasselbeck-goes-after-playboy-for-disgusting-hate-rape-of-top-10-conservative-women-article-video/

• Love 1

She was on some list of "conservative women we'd like to hate-f***". Vile, but what was hysterical is that she called NOW that morning, and was shrieking on the show that they *STILL* hadn't condemned the list by tape time. You see, NOW was supposed to drop everything and issue a press release immediately.

(They ended up doing so, just not fast enough for Bitsy's liking.)

• Love 3
Interesting article, thanks. I think "comedic genius" is vastly overstating the case

That "comic genius" slapped me in the face too, Mumbles.  I agree that she is a comedian of sorts and has a large and loyal following, but...well, I won't go on to ruffle more feathers.  I can take her in small doses and enjoy her more in a conversation-type setting, rather than stand-up.

• Love 1

Yeah, I don't think she's funny. I didn't like her last standup except for the very helpful and heartfelt discussion of her heart attack and the warning signs. I guess that's her strong point - her ability to relate to people in a sincere way. I never really liked Rosie until she started speaking her mind after the war.

• Love 1

I always liked Rosie. I remember watching Standup Spotlight and telling a friend that I only watched for the host and  if I missed her bit at the beginning,  I usually just skipped it.   Yes, I'm old.  

• Love 3

She was on some list of "conservative women we'd like to hate-f***". Vile, but what was hysterical is that she called NOW that morning, and was shrieking on the show that they *STILL* hadn't condemned the list by tape time. You see, NOW was supposed to drop everything and issue a press release immediately.

(They ended up doing so, just not fast enough for Bitsy's liking.)

Her "outrage" over this seemed like a humblebrag to me. "Look, I'm on a list of hot women...."

• Love 5

What's strange is that I thought I saw some article about the series and one of the places Sherri visits is a restaurant run by religious Jewish people? (At the time I wondered whether Sherri would tell them that she would pray for them, like she does for Barbara Walters.)

I also remember reading that this show has been on for a while now, and it's just that she's taking over for host this season?

I've never heard of the Cooking Channel (not to be confused with the food network).

They're probably seeking Christian cooks because they didn't have enough of them to make the show diverse. It's easy to identify Jewish eateries ( they usually do fit the New York-style deli stereotype) or places with Hindu or Muslim owners (Indian restaurants, Pakistani restaurants, etc.), but there really isn't a specific "Christian" cuisine. So, I'm thinking they were having trouble identifying specifically Christian restaurants by themselves. Hence that's what they were looking for.

• Love 1

They're probably seeking Christian cooks because they didn't have enough of them to make the show diverse. It's easy to identify Jewish eateries ( they usually do fit the New York-style deli stereotype) or places with Hindu or Muslim owners (Indian restaurants, Pakistani restaurants, etc.), but there really isn't a specific "Christian" cuisine. So, I'm thinking they were having trouble identifying specifically Christian restaurants by themselves. Hence that's what they were looking for.

What the heck is Baptist fried chicken? How does this even work as a show?

• Love 2

What the heck is Baptist fried chicken? How does this even work as a show?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it doesn't work.  And for what it's worth, I find the idea of purposely showcasing "Christian" restaurants ridiculous at best and offensive at worst.  With Jewish restaurants there are certain items on the menu.  But what exactly makes a restaurant "Christian"?  The proprietors?  The person actually doing the cooking?  Angel Food cake being on the dessert menu?

• Love 7

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it doesn't work.  And for what it's worth, I find the idea of purposely showcasing "Christian" restaurants ridiculous at best and offensive at worst.  With Jewish restaurants there are certain items on the menu.  But what exactly makes a restaurant "Christian"?  The proprietors?  The person actually doing the cooking?  Angel Food cake being on the dessert menu?

I pretty much thought the same thing.  Even though the U.S/North America is ethnically diverse, the majority are Christian (different "churches," but nonetheless Christian) therefore, by the law of averages, most restaurants employ Christian chefs, cooks etc.   The whole premise is a stupid stretch, but….whatever.

• Love 3
I pretty much thought the same thing.  Even though the U.S/North America is ethnically diverse, the majority are Christian (different "churches," but nonetheless Christian) therefore, by the law of averages, most restaurants employ Christian chefs, cooks etc.   The whole premise is a stupid stretch, but….whatever.

It will be interesting to see if any "Christian" churches are skipped.  Christians love their own Christianity but distain many others'.

I'm not buying the idea that a baker who happens to be personally religious makes their pastry with more or less "love" than a nonreligious one.

There will be much more of EVERYTHING loving, religious, holy (and probaby horny) if this baker can get on a TV show--any TV show.  Sherri will explain to them all that reality TV is the only way to make big money...and once you're on reality TV, you'll fight to stay.

• Love 3

I don't know why Sherri isn't getting more flak and publicity for abandoning that baby. It's like her shit don't stink and she is soo funny. What a joke she is.

I'm thinking it's because Sherri Shepherd is a non-entity for most people. I don't think I saw her once since she left The View in any movie or on TV except one day she had an interview on Wendy Williams when I happened to be watching. Sherri is D list at best, and I'd guess half the reason she's been talked about in the media as much as she has is because The View has had a spotlight on its downward spiral the past two years. 

Good for her to be working, but thankfully it's not in anything I have to see.

• Love 4

Speaking of babies, little LJ had his first birthday last week. His father made a video. He's a real cutie. I suspect she still has never laid eyes on her second son in person, but I wonder if his mother at least sent a birthday gift....

Updating to add that it's confirmed that Sherri has never set eyes on her second son. In fact, she's never even asked for a photo. I just can't wrap my head around that. Honestly, I find it incredibly sad not just for LJ's sake but for Sherri's as well. Maybe once all of the court nonsense is done she'll come to her senses, but in the meantime...wow. At a minimum, that is some cold expert level denial.

Edited by TribbleTrouble
  • Love 7

I'm not even sure what the point of that article about Sherrie was. She went ahead with the surrogacy so he wouldn't leave her? Is that what she's implying? She's just so damn unlikeable.

• Love 6

I'm not even sure what the point of that article about Sherrie was. She went ahead with the surrogacy so he wouldn't leave her? Is that what she's implying? She's just so damn unlikeable.

And yet, according to him, she is the one who initiated the divorce proceedings!  Just like whenever she spoke on The View, she makes no sense whatsoever.

• Love 6

She makes no sense but she will write a book about it!! 

The TV personality said she hopes to turn her bad experience into a book to help other women. "I do want to do a book for women about stepping past fear," she said. "I think it would help a lot of women who are in this place of being scared to walk away, but right now I am just laying [sic] low and letting time do its work."

• Love 4

Evidently she is moving on, it's out of her hands....everything is good. Except for her pesky current appeal about the court's decision and working to have it over-turned.

Yes, that pesky appeal....except that her comments in this little article directly contradict the arguments that she's made all along in court of fraud. Now suddenly it wasn't fraud or deception at all, but her own fears that he would leave her? I can only imagine the depth of the dents in the desks of her attorneys from banging their heads after she makes a statement like this publicly while the appeal is still pending. Why did she bother with the appeal then? That's just tens of thousands of dollars in additional legal fees flushed down the toilet. And, as we all know, she spoke many times publicly of her interest in having more children even before Sal was in the picture. So what's the truth? It's crazy. She's crazy.

She makes no sense but she will write a book about it!!

The TV personality said she hopes to turn her bad experience into a book to help other women. "I do want to do a book for women about stepping past fear," she said. "I think it would help a lot of women who are in this place of being scared to walk away, but right now I am just laying [sic] low and letting time do its work."

Right, can you imagine? An advice book? It should be very short. Page 1: "Don't do anything that I do." The end.

• Love 13

Sherri is apparently going all out to help a niece start college- Are there any parents to include in all the activities (even if they are unable to assist financially)

Registered my niece for college... my credit card has melted so many books to buy.  Feel like I've been in the financial aid office all day 

Edited by springtime

Sherri is apparently going all out to help a niece start college- Are there any parents to include in all the activities (even if they are unable to assist financially)

Looks like Sherri is doing everything in her power to deflect the negative & show what a wonderful, generous, kind person she is.  NOT!!  FAIL!!

• Love 2