Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

Talk about the former hosts personal lives here.

Yes.  You can talk about Sheri & her "stuff" here provided you follow the PTV Rule:  Don't Be A Dick.

Sherri's twitter posts have been sounding even more bizarre this week then Sal tweeted this

Lamar Sal Sally
‏@SalfromtheD

Lamar Sal Sally retweeted elaine Orr

Pray 4 a woman who spends $100,000 2 bring a baby into the world & $300,000 trying not to be his mother.  I'm good.

Lamar Sal Sally added

(snipped for privacy)
@SalfromtheD SS tweets today. Seems distasteful at the least. If U R ok then we won't worry. Sounds like divorcee is final B happy

By the way I do NOT follow Sherri, just check in to see how much further down the ladder she has taken herself !!

Love the saying "not my circus, not my monkies ", then Sherri tweets she is "ring master for a night for a circus!!!

• Love 1

I wonder why Sal feels the need to publicly document his comments bashing Sherri on this situation?  Does he hope to turn her fans against her?  Hurt her prospects for work?   Leave a record for his meal ticket child to read someday?  Asking people "to pray" for Sherri while trashing her bank account is a dick move and seems to be a long way from "I'm good."    And it's not like he is a celebrity outside of once being married to one.   I think he needs to shut up and concentrate on his private life and being the parent he says he wants to be. 

Personally, I don't find the situation half as ugly as I find Sal's constant need to keep it in the public eye. 

• Love 8

I wonder why Sal feels the need to publicly document his comments bashing Sherri on this situation?  Does he hope to turn her fans against her?  Hurt her prospects for work?   Leave a record for his meal ticket child to read someday?  Asking people "to pray" for Sherri while trashing her bank account is a dick move and seems to be a long way from "I'm good."    And it's not like he is a celebrity outside of once being married to one.   I think he needs to shut up and concentrate on his private life and being the parent he says he wants to be. 

Personally, I don't find the situation half as ugly as I find Sal's constant need to keep it in the public eye. 

They both should keep things a bit more subdued- the end of a marriage is not a cause for celebration.

• Love 4

She is trying to disassociate herself from the child she created.... while pawning off the one she wants to keep away from his father to her staff...... when it comes to children Sherri is pretty pathetic.

I dont understand why people complain about him.... the one person doing the right thing..... instead of calling her out for the abuse she is causing

• Love 8
(edited)

I've been following the story regarding the surrogate for personal reasons not connected to Sherri or Sal but because what they went through is so public and it offers an inner view of how these things work and how these things can explode all over the place.

Sal's comment about her spending 100K to have a baby and then 300K to ensure that she is not responsible for the baby was a bad move on his part. When she married him he was collecting unemployment and worth close to nothing monetarily. As he clearly states in his twitter post, Sherri paid for the surrogacy arrangement from beginning to end. Her money financed this.

It says to me that she really thought the marriage was for real and forever. That she went that far to "please her man" doesn't display hardness on her part. For whatever reason they broke up, the baby has no biological connection to her and the man whose seed fertilized that egg got what he wanted. We know it was what he wanted because he was overjoyed and wrote it numerous times and still writes about it.

Personally, I would be very happy to sever all ties with my ex, including the cost of raising my child. Sal has returned to work as a teacher, per his posts, and shows that he is capable for providing for his son. His son is very fortunate because he will never be passed back and forth like a football and a woman who obviously felt scorned by her husband, and angrier than heck at him, won't have any... ZERO... input on his parenting skills, choices etc. Being independent of her really gives him freedoms that he doesn't even realize because he has never experienced, so it seems, the tangled web of parenthood between two people with one of them not even acknowledging the child.

The bottom line is that he believes that he is entitled to money. And money is what he is after. So sad considering that she "spent 100K to have the child" and he is blessed to have him. Without Sherri's money he would not be able to have what he says is the love of his life.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 15

Initially Sherri offered $100,000 as a divorce settlement and $3000 a month in child support.  

Sal refused it with hopes to getting more in a court battle

Sounds like his plan did not work out!

• Love 6

Initially Sherri offered $100,000 as a divorce settlement and $3000 a month in child support.  

Sal refused it with hopes to getting more in a court battle

Sounds like his plan did not work out!

Of course she made that offer.... then she would not have been declared the mother of the child.... that offer came last year before she was declared mother....  It was a pretty good legal move by her lawyers... but it didnt work.  If Sally was interested in money he would have taken that deal and not take a chance in the courts.

A couple of things about the comment by Maryis1

Im not sure she agreed to a segregate to  "please her man"..... we saw her on The View for years..... every time she crossed her legs she mentioned how much she wanted another baby..... There was no question on the reason for the baby.... what we dont know is why they decided to divorce.

I also doubt that Sal was work "close to nothing" ..... Again... we saw her on The View for years.... telling us how important his FICO score was..... A person worth millions isnt gonna go in search of a pauper... and remember.. he came highly regarded from her friends..... we still dont know what Lamar Sally's net worth is

All that is really out there is speculation

• Love 2
(edited)
people with diabetes are allowed to eat M&Ms

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. If you recall her food segments on The View, she has no self-control (I don't either, but we are not talking about me). I can guarantee that if my husband had diabetes, I would not have a bowl of m and m's sitting around to tempt him because I care about his health. I think it showed just exactly how much Sal cared about Sherri's well-being. 

Edited by Athena
  • Love 3
I think it showed just exactly how much Sal cared about Sherri's well-being.

Well...maybe Sherri had shown time and time again just how concerned she was about her own well-being.  Eventually a partner gives up.

• Love 3

"people with diabetes are allowed to eat M&Ms"

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. If you recall her food segments on The View, she has no self-control (I don't either, but we are not talking about me). I can guarantee that if my husband had diabetes, I would not have a bowl of m and m's sitting around to tempt him because I care about his health. I think it showed just exactly how much Sal cared about Sherri's well-being.

M&Ms are Sherri's favorite candy (she has said as much in interviews etc). Burying a small ring box in a small bowl of her favorite candy was, I think, pretty obviously just a "sweet" romantic gesture. Let's just say that I remain unconvinced that one can pin any motivation to that gesture beyond the romantic.

• Love 6

"people with diabetes are allowed to eat M&Ms"

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. If you recall her food segments on The View, she has no self-control (I don't either, but we are not talking about me). I can guarantee that if my husband had diabetes, I would not have a bowl of m and m's sitting around to tempt him because I care about his health. I think it showed just exactly how much Sal cared about Sherri's well-being. 

I was diagnosed with Diabetes...... it kinda sucks.... the biggest thing I learned was the avoidance of sugar..... the problem isnt really sugar like in M&Ms.... the problem is starches that get turned into sugar inside the body. Regular sugar gets broken down.. but the sugar from starches doesnt get broken down as well.

At least that was the take I got from the classes I went to.. and the problem is... I love potatoes

• Love 5
(edited)

Our sources say, Sherri and estranged hubby Lamar Sally have struck a settlement agreement in which the ex-'View' co-host will pay $4,100 a month in child support. The monthly obligation increases to $4,600 when the kid turns 13.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/01/sherri-shepherd-lamar-sally-divorce-finalized-child-support/#ixzz3ecuQGwbU

She continues to fight to prove Sal defrauded her (the baby was planned to get her money)

They have embryos (Sherri wants them destroyed)

and apparently they were working on a show...

Sherri's not walking away completely empty-handed ... she'll get to hold onto the rights to her show, "Funny Mothers" which is currently in development.

Edited by springtime

Won't be funny to us as we know that all her stories are fabricated- and her antics as a Mom are far from entertaining!

She needs to focus on Jeffrey's needs and keep their lives private!

• Love 4
(edited)

I suppose Sherri is detached from the new baby boy due to her rage at the father and because she did not carry and give physical birth to him.  Not an excuse, but an explanation.  I don't know how she can just cast that little one aside.  But, then again, she admittedly used abortion as birth control, so there is a lot of detached weirdness going on.

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 6

If Sherri was a dude she would be vilified by almost everyone.... and that would be justified.... but because Sherri is female.... she is getting a pass

I will never understand the double standard when it comes to children

• Love 4

The issues with the child born via surrogate are many. Even if it were an unknown couple, I want to know how it all legally happened. Why did Sherri get out of what I assume was a legal contract? Just pay off the father, and you are done? I've never been in the situation. I have to wonder what connection she would have formed with the baby if she and Sal didn't split.

If Sherri was a dude she would be vilified by almost everyone.... and that would be justified.... but because Sherri is female.... she is getting a pass

I don't know that she's getting a pass. How is she?

• Love 1

She is totally getting a pass in the media...everybody should be talking about it ..she is a poor excuse for a human. She talked non stop about wanting a baby, about finding a drama free uterus. But for Sherri seeking the surrogate and paying for a baby ..that baby wouldn't have been born.

She has been forced to put her name on the birth certificate and will have to pay child support. She can't abort this one it's already here. She is a disgrace.

• Love 6

I don't think she's getting a pass.  Actually think it's even more bizarre when women abandon/reject children.  It's a nature thing.

Hard to understand why she would not want another sweet little person in her life.

• Love 2

Sherri is giving Sherri a pass.

It's tweets like this that  make me cringe. It only applies to one son for her.

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · Jun 29 
@dustyrose11 Jeffrey has a great dad - wish we got along but it really doesn’t matter as long as we both put our son first -

• Love 1

She is totally getting a pass in the media...everybody should be talking about it ..she is a poor excuse for a human. She talked non stop about wanting a baby, about finding a drama free uterus. But for Sherri seeking the surrogate and paying for a baby ..that baby wouldn't have been born.

She has been forced to put her name on the birth certificate and will have to pay child support. She can't abort this one it's already here. She is a disgrace.

I don't think Sherri is really on major media radar, sort of D-list….that's why.  If she was more useful to the media (selling $) they would be eating her alive.

• Love 2

I wonder why Sherri believed it was killing babies when she talked about keeping and storing her frozen embryos but she wants to destroy the frozen embryos that belong to her and Sal?

• Love 5

I don't think Sherri is really on major media radar, sort of D-list….that's why.  If she was more useful to the media (selling $) they would be eating her alive.

I dont think that matters much.... Wasnt she on The View when she went through this.... but there really was no "Media Storm" about it

It just seems to me that there are many people on social media that defends Sherri on this issue which would never happen if she was a man

She has lost every court case about this baby...... she is the mother no matter what she wants the truth to be

• Love 2
(edited)

Sal was the first to strike with the filing of a legal separation where he made it clear that he did not want Sherri in the day to day life of the baby (full physical and legal custody from the moment of birth)- with Sherri getting all the bills and minimal visitation.

Old article on separation::http://www.people.com/article/sherri-shepherd-divorce-lamar-sally-split-breakup-separation-divorce-custody-battle

This set the tone for Sherri's battles- and for social media.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5

I find the proposed show the most interesting part of this.  I'm guessing it's a reality show?  About mothers?   Strange topic for Sherri at this time in her life.  I think her desperation is showing even more than when she married that loser. 

She is totally getting a pass in the media...everybody should be talking about it ..she is a poor excuse for a human.

And see I don't think anyone in the media, but most of all Sal [social media] , should still be talking about it.  I don't see how it does the child any good at all to have his father continuously trash the woman who is legally still his mother.   That shitbag needs to just cash the checks and work on being the good parent he thinks he is to that baby.   Once he lets go of Sherri he might just meet someone who is interested in being a hands on mother to his child.  It happens all the time.  

Hard to understand why she would not want another sweet little person in her life.

Oh I understand it, even if I don't agree with it.   This child would/will connect Sherri to Sal for the rest of her life.  That's what having a child with someone does.  I don't know any real way of getting out of that at this point - the courts have ruled.  I think Sherri just needs to write the checks (no reason to believe she won't) and continue her media silence on the subject.  It's really all she can do; she's not interested in bonding with this baby at all and no court or Sal or barrage of tweets is going to change that. 

At this point I think Sal is really just pissed that this baby didn't turn out to be the meal ticket he hoped it would be but publicly shaming Sherri isn't going to change that; it's only going to hurt his own child.  It seems odd to me that he can't seem to figure that out.  

• Love 4

The whole thing is rather heartbreaking.  Poor little one.  It's much easier to raise solid, strong children than to fix broken ones.    

I'm one of those people that went through 5 years of fertility hell to finally give birth to my gorgeous, perfect child :)), and a nanny through college, so walking away from a child, on any level, does not compute with me. 

• Love 3

Cosmocrush said:

I don't see how it does the child any good at all to have his father continuously trash the woman who is legally still his mother.

Sal does NOT trash Sherri, Sherri constantly trashes Sal.

Wondering if Sherri's "defense" about her constant comments about so wanting a baby, what she would give the surrogate, how the surrogate's uterus had to have no drama were in her mind her brand of comedy??

Her comedy consists of constantly making ridiculous statements then saying I'm a comic, that was a joke!!!

When Sal & Sherri were together I felt he could be doing more but he did have a great relationship with Jeffrey. Now he is totally a loving father who wants to get on with his life with his son

• Love 4

I was never a fan of Sal but Sherri IMO is the one who comes off looking very badly through this whole thing.  She went into the surrogacy with her eyes wide open.  Were they clouded by her wanting to do what her husband?  Maybe.  But she is an adult.  She signed all the contracts.  So things didn't work out with the father.  Sorry but she still has responsibilities.  If she doesn't want to anything to do with that child that is her choice but that contract states she was to be the mother.  And as such she has a financial responsibility to provide for that child. 

I work with a man who's ex-wife got pregnant by another man after they had separated but before the divorce was final.  He is on the hook for child support for a child that isn't his.  The court didn't care about a paternity test. Said because he was married to the mother at the time he was the presumed father.  So I don't see how Sherri has any wiggle room. Legally she is that child's mother (and I use that word loosely).

And if Sherri wants to talk about then I think she should give one interview and tell her side of the story.  But all her tweets and jokes about it make her look like she doesn't take this seriously.  An innocent little boy is going to grow up and one day find out about all this and I find that incredibly sad.  And I swear to God if Sherri's new project "Funny Moms" or whatever it is called uses this whole things as some sort of comedy bit I will even more disgusted than I am now with her.

• Love 10

And Sherri has most likely damaged the whole surrogacy movement which is in itself a pure tragedy..............

Right.   I remember when Sherri and Sal first got married, she talked about how he wanted a son, and she wasn't sure if she could have another baby, so they might use a surrogate.   She joked about it, but t was kind of offensive, the way she talked about paying someone else to have the baby - like she was making a trade, have my baby, I'll buy you a car. The relationship between an infertile couple and a surrogate is a delicate one, there is so much that can go wrong. That's why there has to be a legal contract. 

A surrogate forms an emotional connection to a human being growing inside of her body.    The way to conquer that is for the surrogate to accept and understand that she is doing the couple and the baby a favor, and that  the baby is going to a loving home .  So what is the surrogate supposed to feel when one parent says "no thanks, I changed my mind" before the birth?

• Love 4

Sal does NOT trash Sherri, Sherri constantly trashes Sal.

I don't follow either one of those morons on Twitter so the comments I see are limited to what people post/link here.  Every tweet from Sal seems to be some sort of passive-aggressive dig at Sherri.  Sherri seems to rarely mention Sal, but like I said, I'm only going by what I've read here. 

And Sherri has most likely damaged the whole surrogacy movement which is in itself a pure tragedy..............

I wouldn't give Sherri that much credit.  She seems to have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old.  

And this isn't the first surrogacy to go wrong; remember when a surrogate ended up carrying twins and the parents only wanted to keep one?  It happened again last year (with a Thai surrogate this time)  when one twin was born healthy and the other not - the parents only took the healthy one.  That blew my mind. 

backformore is right, the surrogacy relationship is delicate and so many things can go wrong.  

• Love 2
She joked about it, but t was kind of offensive, the way she talked about paying someone else to have the baby - like she was making a trade, have my baby, I'll buy you a car.

Oy...Backformore, don't be so unfairrrrrrrrr!  You know that just like Whoopi, Sherri is a COMEDIAN.  She's allowed--no, required to comment, joke, provide misinformation, say offensive things, etc. because she's a professional!  You and I are not, so we need to zip our lips.  Oh, and don't email or tweet because one of them doesn't care.  Oh...I forgot "quip."  See below:

“I’m trying to have another baby you know, I’m still trying...still looking for a uterus,” she tells Rachael Ray in an upcoming appearance on the chef’s daytime show (airing Monday). Shepherd adds that she’s ready to make a deal with any potential surrogates still weighing their options: “I’ll give you a free weave and a Hyundai for a year,” the comedienne quips.

• Love 5
(edited)

A comment Sherri made regarding a surrogate became ironic and not  "so funny". She wanted a DRAMA FREE uterus. Way to go, Miss Shepherd, nothing else was. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
(edited)

Did he really get a job as a full time teacher or was he just substitute teaching? Wonder if he will be working full time come the next school year? Getting $4,100 a month in child support will certainly help pay the bills. My guess is Sherrie was also made to pay his court and lawyer bills so he is doing all right.

Edited by CathInAZ

Did he really get a job as a full time teacher or was he just substitute teaching? Wonder if he will be working full time come the next school year? Getting $4,100 a month in child support will certainly help pay the bills. My guess is Sherrie was also made to pay his court and lawyer bills so he is doing all right.

He was subbing but seemed to be working pretty consistently. It's pretty rare for school districts to be hiring full-time teachers after the school year has already started except in special circumstances. LJ was only two or three weeks old when school started in LA County and I don't think Sal's renewed credentials came through until sometime after that. It will be interesting to see what he decides to do next term.

$4100 a month is about $4100 more than he was getting when he met Sherri, well until she fired her manager and gave him the job.  It's not like he was a working teacher who happened to marry Sherri Shepherd.  

Sal is not a celebrity outside of being married to Sherri.  I honestly don't understand why he continues to tweet shit about this situation.   He needs to stop and go back to a private life and raise his kid.

• Love 6