Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: You're The Only Person I Can Trust

• Start Topic

(edited)

Tasha definitely earned some respect points from me tonight. For one, she changed the code preventing Ghost from getting into the penthouse! LOL. (Maybe Tasha should get a job with the feds, because she does some damn good detective work.) And 2, she was strapped when she knew Kanan was coming up. That was straight gangsta. Sometimes I forget Tasha really is about that life. The like-o-meter has officially swung in her favor this season compared to last. If only she wasnt messing around with that idiot Shawn, she'd be my favorite character.

Speaking of Shawn, man what a dummy. Its clear he has a death wish. You dont ever ever ever ever touch the boss's woman. And him hooking up with Keisha was for what? Just so we can see Lala's tits and troll Carmelo on twitter? Because that seems to be the only things that came out of it. Keisha knows Shawn is wrapped around Tasha's finger, and Tasha doesnt even care that they hooked up.

So does Angela still think Jaime's hands are clean? I mean she knows he's in business with Tommy, and then his name pops up again with some other Russian drug dealer and some laundry mats (which everyone knows in the drug game is used to clean drug money). I feel terrible for the guy at her job. His name escapes me right now, but he's probably gonna end up losing his job over Angela's bullshit.

It took me a while to pick my jaw up off the floor when Ghost said it was he and Tasha who sent Kanan to prison. I always wondered why Kanan would want to kill Ghost eapecially if they were so close at one point and Ghost looked after him in prison. At least Ghost is on to Kanan.

Holly has got to DIE. Ghost should have off'ed her the day she had the nerve to call him that in public. Now she about to snitch to the feds to save her own ass. And Tommy....damn he is an even bigger idiot than Shawn. He acts like he's never had pussy before. And thanks to Angela for confirming that Tommy has some weird thing with his mom, although I totally missed the red head similarity. But Tommy was about to scrap with Julio over nothing. And its not even like Holly insinuated that Julio did something inappropriate, Tommy just crazy AF.

This show is soo freaking good. This is the only show I make it a point to watch live.

PS....imma need Tasha Smith to wear a sign or something saying which show she's on, cause when I saw her I legit got confused for a split second thinking I was watching Empire. I was like ohhh what happened to that storyline with Cookie paying your boyfriend to kill some guy.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 1

Just watched the eppy On Demand, this one is a game changer IMHO.

Plus a huge reveal, look forward to discussing it with others here.

Once it airs tonight.

I guess the huge reveal your talking about is Ghost saying that him and his wife put Kaanan in prison. I was surprised that they were behind that, but I guess drug dealers will do anything to get on top. You mean the huge reveal wasn't LaLa Anthony's breast.=0p

• Love 1

Tasha definitely earned some respect points from me tonight. For one, she changed the code preventing Ghost from getting into the penthouse! LOL. (Maybe Tasha should get a job with the feds, because she does some damn good detective work.) And 2, she was strapped when she knew Kanan was coming up. That was straight gangsta. Sometimes I forget Tasha really is about that life. The like-o-meter has officially swung in her favor this season compared to last. If only she wasnt messing around with that idiot Shawn, she'd be my favorite character..

So I'm guessing Jamie's name isn't on the lease??  That's the only way he wouldn't be allowed up into his own residence.  And why the hell are they renting???

It took me a while to pick my jaw up off the floor when Ghost said it was he and Tasha who sent Kanan to prison. I always wondered why Kanan would want to kill Ghost eapecially if they were so close at one point and Ghost looked after him in prison. At least Ghost is on to Kanan.

Yeah, that was a bit of shock to learn they're reason he went away, and now makes sense why he's been trying to undermine Jamie.  And I bet anything that the entire plan was Tasha's!  I'm confused as to why Jamie hasn't told ANYONE what he's discovered in the past couple days.  The first thing he needed to do when he returned was talk to Tommy and let him know 1) Rolla didn't order the hit and he's pretty sure Kanan did and 2) Angela is investigating Tommy.  Tommy is clearly too damn trusting, but give him a fucking heads up.  Tommy also should have told Tasha about Angela, and the reason he was "with" her again is because she's investigating them.  Leaving out important info is going to bite him in the ass....like getting kicked out of his own home.  Idiot!

Holly has got to DIE. Ghost should have off'ed her the day she had the nerve to call him that in public. Now she about to snitch to the feds to save her own ass. And Tommy....damn he is an even bigger idiot than Shawn. He acts like he's never had pussy before. And thanks to Angela for confirming that Tommy has some weird thing with his mom, although I totally missed the red head similarity. But Tommy was about to scrap with Julio over nothing. And its not even like Holly insinuated that Julio did something inappropriate, Tommy just crazy AF.

Yes, please.  A fiery, stabby, flay-y Game of Thrones type death.  It can't come soon enough.  Holly knew exactly what Tommy would think when he saw the two glasses and she said that Julio was there.  Tommy is a dummy; he doesn't need much prodding to leap to the wrong conclusions.  Ghost really needs to have Holly murdered and just hire Tommy some red-headed hookers to keep him busy.

• Love 3

So I'm guessing Jamie's name isn't on the lease??  That's the only way he wouldn't be allowed up into his own residence.  And why the hell are they renting???

I had that same thought - real ballers don't rent unless they're living somewhere purely temporarily (actors on a shoot, etc.) That older white couple that side-eyed him when he raised his voice? I bet $20 they own their shit. I remember James stunting on Simon talking about how he lives in the penthouse of his building and blah blah blah, but I bet Simon owns his shit too.

I totally thought Holly was trying to seduce Julio - girl, put on some pants - and then I thought, who cares. I mean, I don't think much of her character but hearing that she's running from some crimes she committed in wherever she's from isn't surprising at all. Said it before, say it again: Tommy is both crazy and dumb, which is a dangerous combination.

Didn't understand the point of Shawn and Lala; don't care.

This was a good episode - there was forward movement. I thought something was up with Ghost and Kanan so it was cool to see that confirmed. And Angela wants to know why Ghost needs Tasha? It's because Tasha will cap folks. I don't think Angela would answer the door with a gun in her waistband.

(I loved Tasha's white minidress. I don't often like what Tasha wears, but that dress was cute.)

• Love 1

I was mildly surprised when Ghost revealed that he was responsible for Kanaan going away to jail but it just made me curious if KANAAN knows that or whether he just wants his criminal enterprise back under his control and wants to eliminate the current morons in charge.

Ghost has totally lost control over all the situations, he murdered friends on Kanaan's info, lost prestige in the drug community, has the Fed's hot on his partner's tail (literally in the case of having Tommy's gf in custody), sleeping with the enemy who seems to be getting a clue that her man may be a GINORMOUS LIAR which considering he's a married man cheating on his wife with an highschool flame would have been obvious to a 5 year old. *sigh* Ghost can't even keep track of his own money, launder money, realise money that is spent by random ho's and on ballers may come back to bite him in the ass. Cheating on his wife who knows what's what in the criminal enterprise and if adequately pissed may cap his ass herself.

I always find it frustrating when the supposed criminal mastermind turns out to be a total wannabe.

• Love 4

The only thing I can think of as to why Ghost and Tasha are renting, is maybe its not even either of their names on the lease. I assume a place like that, you've got to have good credit, established finances and whatever other kind of qualifications that a high level drug deal might not have. Plus maybe its easier for them to just up and leave if shit goes down. Not to mention I think in the first season Ghost said he pays in cash. Someone please correct me if im wrong, but I remember thinking at the time what a red flag THAT would be. Someone paying what like 15 or 20k a month cash. But then I guess it would raise even more flags if he plunked down $10 million or whatever it might be in cash to own that place.

I think Kanan totally knows Tasha and Ghost sent him to prison. The way he's been acting is full revenge mode. He's doing way too much for it to be just him wanting to be back in the game.

(edited)

I always find it frustrating when the supposed criminal mastermind turns out to be a total wannabe.

If this keeps up with Tommy and Jamie both thinking with their johnsons instead of being the criminal masterminds, they're both going to be corpses.  Kanan's playing Jamie, Stern is playing Jamie, Tasha has finally seen the light and thrown him overboard.  ETA -- I loved how Tasha's story of why the safe was short on cash just came dripping out, oh, yeah, baby, I've been hoarding cash and putting in the bank for just what's going to happen today.  

I'll keep an ear out for the thing with Tommy and his mother.  Might make him more interesting, but I doubt it.  Tommy wants to be working for Kanan anyway.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
(edited)

I don't think paying cash for an apartment would raise flags in 2015 NYC. Money talks. There are a glut of luxury apartments that are pied-à-terres for wealthy international folks, usually paid for in cash - and not lived in the vast majority of the time. People might wonder and speculate what he did for a living to be able to afford it (and I'm positive they do that now; they're probably the only black family in the building), and I don't know what he did for "legit work" before he opened Truth (do I?), but if Truth were successful long-term, it wouldn't raise flags that the owner of a successful NYC club would have money.

I had a friend whose landlord required them to pay their rent in cash. This was, of course, on a MUCH smaller scale - it was for a railroad apartment in Williamsburg - but still. (She was always paranoid carrying cash on the first of the month.)

Kanan definitely knows Tasha and Ghost are behind him going to prison. I doubt Tommy had anything to do with it, but I can see him getting run over on Kanan's revenge plot.

Edited by Empress1

It's definitely not unusual for people in Miami to buy real estate using cash. It's so damn common, even for the million dollar properties, that most people/places will turn you down if you need to finance through a mortgage. It's annoying. That being said, the people with that kind of money, don't rent, they outright own their shit.

I wonder, too, what Jamie's day to day job was before the club. It couldn't have been just the laundromats. They're showing off way too much money for that.

Was it just me or was it weird that Julio just walked into Tommy's place? 

I wonder if they rented because they didn't want to show up in tax records for owning a place?  idk.

Shawn is a moron.  You should be seen but not heard in your current role dude - stay out of their shit because it's going to come back on you a lot harder.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think paying cash for an apartment would raise flags in 2015 NYC. Money talks. There are a glut of luxury apartments that are pied-à-terres for wealthy international folks, usually paid for in cash - and not lived in the vast majority of the time. People might wonder and speculate what he did for a living to be able to afford it (and I'm positive they do that now; they're probably the only black family in the building), and I don't know what he did for "legit work" before he opened Truth (do I?), but if Truth were successful long-term, it wouldn't raise flags that the owner of a successful NYC club would have money.

I had a friend whose landlord required them to pay their rent in cash. This was, of course, on a MUCH smaller scale - it was for a railroad apartment in Williamsburg - but still. (She was always paranoid carrying cash on the first of the month.)

I pay my rent in cash (I think the previous tenants were writing bad checks), and i watch Million Dollar Listing (NY and LA), and its often stated that an all cash payment is considered like an incentive for the seller to close the deal, so I know its not something unheard of. But I just thought there was more to it than just having the money...like you had to have proof of income or something like that. In Jaime's case...he's black so that's a red flag in and of itself, I assume he has no legit work history, besides the laundry mats and its clear that they dont "make" a lot of money from those.

Do we know how long they've lived at that address? Because I kind of disagree that rich people dont rent. Beyonce and Jay-z are renting their current digs in Cali for like $150,000 a month or some crazy number like that. I believe the story is they're looking for or building their permanent home, so decided to rent in the meantime. Perhaps, Ghost wanted to get his legit business going first before committing to a another spot.

Edited by FuriousStyles
(edited)

Wow, I thought it was pretty obvious that at least James had something to do with Kanan being in jail. Kanan's barely hid his contempt for James every time his name came up, and I knew when he told him it was Rolla, that was a set up.

I laughed when the doorman wouldn't let Jamie upstairs. That was hilarious, love how Tasha found out about what really went down in MIA.

I am so sick of Angela's baby talk when she's with Jamie. You are a grown woman, not a high school girl crushing on the most popular guy in school, ugggghhh. And why the rightous indignation, about Jamie lying to Tasha? Even if Tasha knows, you are both still cheating, beyotch, that doesn't make it okay.

How could I forget about the Tasha/Sean/Lala triangle, so stupid. I find it hard to believe that Sean is so childishly naive. Does he really think he can have a relationship with Tasha? Can't wait until 50 finds out, and beats his ass, or beats him to it. Very creepy when he told Tasha he'd be there to provide whatever James couldn't.

And ditto to all who said Ghost should have killed Holly a long time ago. she is going to roll on them so fast. I might feel bad if both Tommy and Ghost weren't dumb enough to actually share info with that skank, either directly or indirectly. I can't wait until they bring up who Ghost is with Holly, cause when she sees Tommy's picture, she will flip. The look on Angela's face when she  finds out the truth will be priceless. Speaking of Angela, not sharing her relationship with Jamie, could blow that whole investigation. She's already compromised it so many times, hope Jamie and Tommy get off due to fruit from the poisonous tree.

Edited by BigBlueMastiff
  • Love 3

That was the least sexy sex scene I've seen since...I don't know. It was so damn awkward. And pointless. I'd rather see Angela and Jamie sexing than Keisha and Shawn, and I can't stand them together.

I also suspected ghost was at least part of whatever happened that landed Kanan in prison. Interesting that Tasha was too, although it makes sense given her consigliere role. If anything will drive her and Ghost back together, it will be that. Should be fun to watch.

I need a gift of Tasha with that gun. That was everything.

• Love 1

Just caught up on this season on demand. I had thought that ghost and Tommy had set up Kanan, but it turns out that Tommy is really about loyalty but Ghost does not believe in loyalty.

So the reason that Kanan was so successful in disrupting the crime organization currently headed by ghost and Tommy was that they took over the operation. Tommy saying ghost never came up with an idea that was not originally Kanans explains the anger he has towards him. If Kanan was head of the organization and was in prison for 10 years why did ghost believe he would be coming at them with anything less than fire?

Keisha should run from a Sean, when the bullets start flying he will be in the middle of some serious heartache. Sean's dreams of being with Tasha seems as likely as Ghost & Angela having a happy ending.

And maybe the show will end with Ghost & Angela on the run.

Oh and Simon Stern needs to have his shady business practices meet the criminal world. And Cantos ..... He is dead man walking, how could Ghost take the current situation as anything other than betrayal? Does cantos know who ghost really is?

• Love 2