Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

CASTING NEWS

Look who’s back in the suds! Longtime fan fave Michael E. Knight—a three-time Emmy winner as Tad Martin on All My Children—is joining CBS’s The Young and the Restless in the recurring role of Dr. Simon Neville, a Genoa City doctor with mysterious intentions.

All I can say is, I really hope he fares a LOT better than the other really outstanding AMC actors that they brought to Y&R who just.....fizzled. I blame the writing for 98% of that. (The biggest "success" exception of course being PB aka Dr. Cliff Warner.)

I don't trust Pratt or Phelps. Pratt pretty much finished off AMC....he's not doing Y&R any favors either. I don't want to lose any more soaps, dammit!!!!

• Love 7

Tristan Rogers was fun on GH and he's ridiculous and lame on Y&R. I didn't watch AMC so I have no opinion on this new hire, except, why? Not enough older white guys? Jack and Victor really do have that market cornered. And Ray Wise is the bad guy. Doug Davidson isn't going anywhere. CLB is fine as The Lawyer. 

I just hope this guy can act better than Cady McClain did. Apparently performers don't always translate so well from show to show or era to era.

• Love 7

I still see him as Cliffy not Jack. I really never liked his version of Jack.

Ah, come on, crosby777, you've got to just kidding.  You really don't find anything sexy or appealing or whatever about Jack.  He really is the good guy, and although I'm as disappointed as anyone that he doesn't seem to have the guts to tackle Victor, I'm still hoping something will change.

Will you change your opinion if Jack does act?

• Love 2

Ah, come on, crosby777, you've got to just kidding.  You really don't find anything sexy or appealing or whatever about Jack.

LOL absolutely nothing. I do not find Jack appealing in any way shape or form. I much prefer a bad boy. Not a wimpy silverspoon Jack. Bleck

• Love 1

crosby777 quote

I still see him as Cliffy not Jack.

Ah, memories-he was my first soap opera 'crush'.  Those blue eyes!

Have to ask, did you like Marco-he seems like a bad boy?  (Still not watching, Pratt!)

• Love 1

LOL absolutely nothing. I do not find Jack appealing in any way shape or form. I much prefer a bad boy. Not a wimpy silverspoon Jack. Bleck

Yep, gotta agree with this sentiment.  I don't see anything sexy about him either, in fact to me he comes across as neutered.

• Love 2

I find PB very sexy so no matter who he plays he does it for me. I find vulnerability in a man very attractive and I think Peter brings that out beautifully.

But I have to admit I find Marco far sexier than Jack. Marco was the shit while Jack was -- and continued to be after Marco left -- written as weak and and powerless. I liked the playfulness and energy Marco had. That scene with Marisa at the cabin when she was pretending to seduce him was electric. 

It's such a waste of PB's talent having Jack written the way he's written. If they were going to beat the shit out of him for months they should have turned him badass from the experience.

• Love 13

I find PB very sexy so no matter who he plays he does it for me. I find vulnerability in a man very attractive and I think Peter brings that out beautifully.

But I have to admit I find Marco far sexier than Jack. Marco was the shit while Jack was -- and continued to be after Marco left -- written as weak and and powerless. I liked the playfulness and energy Marco had. That scene with Marisa at the cabin when she was pretending to seduce him was electric. 

It's such a waste of PB's talent having Jack written the way he's written. If they were going to beat the shit out of him for months they should have turned him badass from the experience.

This.^

Can't they give Jack some kind of brain injury that results in him becoming a badass?

• Love 7

I agree with this entire post. I think Jack is very good looking and can be sexy. I like PB's aristocratic looks and sophisticated demeanor and way he carries himself. He's always reminded me of Cary Grant or Gary Cooper (both actors who were also handsome leading men and extremely professional). He, like them, could handle material against "type" and do dark or edgy story but for some reason the assholes in charge refuse to give Jack a reasonable reaction to all the bullshit he's been through.

• Love 7

Someone posted a pic from SID or SOD (I can't tell which) wherein Gina Tognoni was asked who is the hottest on Y&R. Her response: "Peter Bergman, hands down. That man can wear a suit and he's super-smart."

I love Gina. Her tastes (and criteria for sexiness) match mine. :)

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10

Someone posted a pic from SID or SOD (I can't tell which) wherein Gina Tognoni was asked who is the hottest on Y&R. Her response: "Peter Bergman, hands down. That man can wear a suit and he's super-smart."

i once tweeted to yrinsider about how i liked gina/peters phack and i loved that gina seemed to loved phack too.

she even favourited my post.

the GREATEST thing about her phyl tho is she doesn't say stuff like she loves jack but is rolling her eyes at the same time like ms used to do.  gina is as much of a professional as peter is and i doubt she would ever blatantly disrespect peter.

i can hate phyl now but it's a "love to hate" kind of thing where as before, i just HATED/LOATHED the character.

• Love 10

Have to ask, did you like Marco-he seems like a bad boy?

Yep I did like Marco. LOL I hate wimpy asskissing men like jack .. gawd he makes me hurl

Yep, gotta agree with this sentiment.  I don't see anything sexy about him either, in fact to me he comes across as neutered.

Totally and completely neutered. UGH I hate men like him in real too.. UGH UGH UGH

I am ambivalent about Gina. I do hate the way they are writing Phyllis tho so I don't know if that is part of the reason I am not feeling her version of Phyllis.. she sure has lost any sexy she had and i hate that.. no more flirting and this bullshit love that she has for Jack all of a sudden.. well I ain't buying.

• Love 2
the GREATEST thing about her phyl tho is she doesn't say stuff like she loves jack but is rolling her eyes at the same time like ms used to do.  gina is as much of a professional as peter is and i doubt she would ever blatantly disrespect peter.

THIS. The one thing I loathe most about MS is how she disrespected him. I also didn't get how she didn't LOVE working with Peter. Every one else on the damn show wants to work with him and goes on and on about how honoured they are to do so. But she acted as though he was beneath her. Like she'd become too big a star (and of course that she was too young for him. RME.)

I'm so pleased GT is comfortable in her sexuality and with her age. ;) And of course now we know she finds him hot and so she has excellent taste IMO.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9

I much prefer Jack to Marco.  It may have looked like it was sweet, hot love with Marissa in the cabin, but he was probably going to kill her as soon as they left the cabin.  I prefer my men to want me to live.  I love a guy who can wear a suit and is super smart, as well as sometimes vulnerable.  I like to be needed and I like to know that guy is there if I'm in need.

I do hate that Jack does nothing to get back at Victor though, but I rationalize that as not the fault of PB or the character Jack, but those freaking writers.  In my heart, I know if Jack had full control of his life, he most definitely would make Victor pay.  I just have to find a way to get rid of Pratt so this can happen.

• Love 9

I also didn't get how she didn't LOVE working with Peter

Just because others liked working with PB does not mean MS had to. I don't have a problem with her not liking PB. I don't know what went on behind the scenes. Maybe she felt about Jack and Phyllis like I do and hated them,... that is ok with me.

THIS. The one thing I loathe most about MS is how she disrespected him. I also didn't get how she didn't LOVE working with Peter

Maybe because he liked sticking to the script and didn't like playing word games in their scenes.

i know her and jm joked about doing it and i always wondered why they were never either hauled on the carpet for doing it or fired.

anyway, she's gone, the show IMO is better for it.

• Love 9

I don't care if MS personally disliked PB. Not my problem and none of my concern. However, she was earning a decent paycheck to sell their relationship on my TV screen. I don't know where other people are employed, but if I show up at work and half-ass my job while disrespecting my co-workers, I get well-deserved criticism and possible discipline.

• Love 15

I much prefer Jack to Marco.  It may have looked like it was sweet, hot love with Marissa in the cabin, but he was probably going to kill her as soon as they left the cabin.  I prefer my men to want me to live.  I love a guy who can wear a suit and is super smart, as well as sometimes vulnerable.  I like to be needed and I like to know that guy is there if I'm in need.

I do hate that Jack does nothing to get back at Victor though, but I rationalize that as not the fault of PB or the character Jack, but those freaking writers.  In my heart, I know if Jack had full control of his life, he most definitely would make Victor pay.  I just have to find a way to get rid of Pratt so this can happen.

lol. Yes. In real life I too would much much prefer Jack. But what I meant was Marco is allowed to be clever and powerful instead of meek and clueless and having to bite his lip and say "oh that Victor" after being outsmarted for the millionth time.

And what I thought was awesome in those scenes with Marisa was PB's acting. Marco was cold and vicious but he was being played a little bit and PB did a magnificent job with the scenes (as did SP). When he plays Jack he rarely gets these acting chances because he just keeps being presented as ineffectual and maddeningly "good."

Jack was always written with edge and then he turned ultra sweet. I still love him but Marco reminded me Peter can rock the edge and should get the opportunity.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9

www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2015/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-patty-kidnaps-sages-baby-sharon-believes-its-her-own/

The Young and the Restless” spoilers are in and it is going to be a bumpy ride with the final dash to Y&R November Sweeps. Sharon Newman (Sharon Case) has been off for quite some time. Sharon stopped taking her bipolar medication and lost her baby. She has been unable to conceive a replacement baby, and it is driving her crazy. Fans predicted that she would try to steal Sage’s baby and pass the child as her own, but it appears TPTB may be going a different avenue.

Sharon lost her baby a few weeks ago. Since the loss, she franticly tried to conceive another baby, only coming up empty handed. She confided in her daughter, Mariah (Camryn Grimes) that she lost her baby and couldn’t tell Dylan (Steve Burton). Sharon expressed concern that Dylan wouldn’t survive another child being taken from him. Mariah urged her to practice something Sharon hadn’t tried before – honesty. She told her mom, “Just tell Dylan. He loves you, and he can support you.” So far, Sharon refuses to reveal her secret to him.

Sharon will be admitted to Fairview this week. Sharon decided to commit herself because she is worried about her mental state. When in Fairview, she will run into Patty Williams (Stacy Haiduk), according to the rumors. It is speculated that Sharon will have a complete psychotic breakdown while in Fairview. She convinces not only Patty, but her doctor (Michael E. Knight) that she delivered a healthy baby, but Sage (Kelly Sullivan) took her child from her.

Meanwhile, Sage is admitted to Fairview for observation. She has been worried about her baby’s health and overcome with fear that someone (Victor) trying to steal her baby from her. Sage’s doctor believed that her problem was not a medical issue, but psychological. She urged Nick (Joshua Morrow) to schedule her for a consult, if for nothing else to help her face her fears.

Fans have felt for some time that the writers were setting the scene for a huge storyline between Sharon, Patty, and Sage. The only way they can pull it off is if they all end up at Fairview. The speculation is Sage will deliver her baby, and Sharon will convince her doctor and new friend Patty that Sage stole her baby from her. It will force Sage to prove that she is the child’s mother – and possibly have to establish who the real identity of her baby’s father.The real culprit to the kidnapping will be Patty, according to the rumors. She will believe she is helping Sharon, unaware that the baby is probably Adam Newman’s (Justin Hartley) child. When she discovers that piece of information, there is no telling how Patty will react. Is it possible that Sharon can convince her doctor and Patty that Sage’s child is hers? Will Patty steal Sage’s baby to hand over to Sharon?

November sweeps are just around the corner, and it is looking to be action packed. Don’t forget to check back later for more juicy “Young and the Restless” spoilers, rumors, and updates!

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2015/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-mariah-pregnant-from-night-with-kevin-gives-baby-to-sharon/

“The Young and the Restless” Spoilers tell of rumors that are hinting about a possible new Y&R pregnancy storyline. No, Sharon Newman (Sharon Case) is not pregnant again (yet anyway). Mariah (Camryn Grimes) and Kevin (Greg Rikaart) finally got down to business and made love. Social media has exploded with theories and spoilers revealing a potential pregnancy storyline for Mariah. Is it possible that Mariah could be pregnant after her night with Kevin? If so, would she consider giving her baby to her mother, knowing how badly she wanted a child? On soaps, making love has a purpose – it’s very biblical – when people have sex on soaps pregnancy usually is the outcome – especially in the case of one night stands!
Mariah never wanted a family. She considered herself independent and didn’t want people around her. After all, she was taught from a very young age that people could disappoint you – so she figured why bother with anyone. Enter Kevin. Kevin Fisher was the perfect man for her. He is jaded and broken, yet he keeps evolving to a very likable and decent person, deep down. He felt a connection with her right away, but it took Mariah about a year to figure out those mushy feelings she had about him was indeed the real deal. Mariah told Dylan (Steve Burton) that she thought she loved Kevin.
Mariah and Kevin make it official by making love. Mariah wasn’t sure a few days ago how to take things with him to the next level, so she decided to entice him with a sexy lingerie. He was pleased with her subtle hint. He even put the laptop down to give her his undivided attention. For all you non-Kevin fans, that was a sure sign, he was in love with her.  However, things did not work out quite the way fans thought and in the aftermath the next day the couple decided that they were better off as just friends.
Immediately, rumors circulated that Mariah would end up pregnant and either Sharon would find a way to steal her own daughter’s baby, or she’d convince her to give her baby to her. For some reason, it seems highly unlikely that Kevin would allow Sharon to take his child either by kidnapping or adoption. This rumor has a few holes in it, but all in all- it seems much more plausible than kidnapping Sage’s child. Stay tuned, and CDL will update you on The Young and the Restless storyline when more information is available.

• Love 1

Those spoilers are like...a smallpox pandemic wrapped in a twenty clown car pile-up and coated in the blood of orphan-biting cobras.

Wimmins be crazy with the baby rabies. Men who hold their ex-wives hostage and steal supplies from a hospital are just misunderstood.

• Love 12

“The Young and the Restless” Spoilers tell of rumors that are hinting about a possible new Y&R pregnancy storyline. No, Sharon Newman (Sharon Case) is not pregnant again (yet anyway). Mariah (Camryn Grimes) and Kevin (Greg Rikaart) finally got down to business and made love. Social media has exploded with theories and spoilers revealing a potential pregnancy storyline for Mariah. Is it possible that Mariah could be pregnant after her night with Kevin? If so, would she consider giving her baby to her mother, knowing how badly she wanted a child? On soaps, making love has a purpose – it’s very biblical – when people have sex on soaps pregnancy usually is the outcome – especially in the case of one night stands!

Mariah never wanted a family. She considered herself independent and didn’t want people around her. After all, she was taught from a very young age that people could disappoint you – so she figured why bother with anyone. Enter Kevin. Kevin Fisher was the perfect man for her. He is jaded and broken, yet he keeps evolving to a very likable and decent person, deep down. He felt a connection with her right away, but it took Mariah about a year to figure out those mushy feelings she had about him was indeed the real deal. Mariah told Dylan (Steve Burton) that she thought she loved Kevin.

Mariah and Kevin make it official by making love. Mariah wasn’t sure a few days ago how to take things with him to the next level, so she decided to entice him with a sexy lingerie. He was pleased with her subtle hint. He even put the laptop down to give her his undivided attention. For all you non-Kevin fans, that was a sure sign, he was in love with her.  However, things did not work out quite the way fans thought and in the aftermath the next day the couple decided that they were better off as just friends.

Immediately, rumors circulated that Mariah would end up pregnant and either Sharon would find a way to steal her own daughter’s baby, or she’d convince her to give her baby to her. For some reason, it seems highly unlikely that Kevin would allow Sharon to take his child either by kidnapping or adoption. This rumor has a few holes in it, but all in all- it seems much more plausible than kidnapping Sage’s child. Stay tuned, and CDL will update you on The Young and the Restless storyline when more information is available.

Man, what the fuck. Kevin and Mariah don't need to be involved in the Dylan/Sharon/Sage/Nick/ bullshit. 

• Love 3

That site generally presents speculation as "spoilers" by using phrasing like "spoilers tell of rumours." So I wouldn't sweat it too much.

That said, what is written is probably less horrifyingly stupid than what is coming. I like Stacey Haiduk but does this show need another woman who will pretty much do anything? Pratt likes his crazies. All shit writers do. Then they don't need to worry about motives and personalities. Crazy people will do anything

• Love 9

Spoiler: Hilary was pregnant and when she fell, and Neil realized it and is keeping her till the baby jumps out and then he  and his new lover Patty give the baby to Sharon and Dylan who accept that it's theirs. Later Dylan deals with his son's deafness and bald little head.

Everyone in town looks at the baby, open their mouths, then close them again. 

It makes as much sense as anything.

• Love 9

LOLOL.  at a different board i belong to, when ian was first going to appear and we were all speculating about him, one of the posters jokingly said he will probably end up being sharon's dad.   THAT showed up in a 2 scoops column as a spoiler fact and also on several other boards also as a fact.  so, just goes to show how jokes become rumors and suddenly a spoiler in the can.

• Love 3

LOLOL.  at a different board i belong to, when ian was first going to appear and we were all speculating about him, one of the posters jokingly said he will probably end up being sharon's dad.   THAT showed up in a 2 scoops column as a spoiler fact and also on several other boards also as a fact.  so, just goes to show how jokes become rumors and suddenly a spoiler in the can.

It makes a certain amount of sense.  Mariah is Sharon's daughter and she was raised in Ian's cult, maybe he knew she was his grandaughter.  But then, why the fuck did he try to MARRY her?  Geez, this show...I...just...can't...

• Love 2

helen copeland, the nurse who actually stole mariah told nick that ian just wanted a baby and any baby would do.  then sharon showed up ready to deliver.  she tried asking the doctor for unmarried mother sharon collins baby but the dr. told her that the baby was being given up for adoption and people were aware of this.  then, the miracle happened and sharon who was unconscious at the time gave birth to mariah.  because she was a surprise the dr. for payment, gave the baby to helen for ian.

i do not for one second believe that sharon will turn out to be ian's daughter.

• Love 2

I speculated Sharon might be Ian's daughter but someone pointed out he's sterile. So I don't think so any more. Plus, Ian's all about Phyllis now. RME.

Oh but, MiaMama, that was back in the old regime of head writing, as far back as JP's and SA's day, no? (And wasn't Ian actually created by JG before he left?) This is Pratt's baby now. He could do anything with Ian his scathingly brilliant mind could concoct, including completely forgetting that Ian had his manhood stolen from him in that unfortunate farm accident before he was ever even a man, (Am I the only one who wondered if it happened in a hay baler?) Any old way, if MAB could create a double miracle baby for Ashley and Turd, Pratt can choose to forget that Ian doesn't have swimmers. Perhaps, he could choose to retell it so that Ian lost his fathering potential after he'd already impregnated Doris (unbeknownst to him, of course), and since Doris decided after that one and only time that she was foreswearing any future relations with men altogether she decided to keep the pregnancy a secret. That would make the connection to Sharon and Mariah all the sweeter for him.   

• Love 6

https://instagram.com/p/8EomlqnPgy/

So the promo shows that Adam will be revealed and Billy goes ballistic. Is this a FUCKING joke? Almost a year since Adam returned and in the meantime Victor has committed the most heinous acts imaginable on Jack and Phyllis (and all the Abbotts) but THIS is the big REVEAL that sends Billy over some edge? But Jack and Phyllis are all okay with what Victor did to THEM? 

And in today's Canadian Noah finds out about the whole Marco story. Noah? The most inconsequential character on canvas. Jesus. He's sad that Marisa LIED to him (when she didn't even fucking know him) and that she slept with Marco in order to trap him. RME. Now wee Noah is going to confront grandpa. ugh. Wow. this should be some must see TV, folks.

Oh and Victor is going AFTER the Abbotts because he thinks they stole his company. That's right. Jack just fixes his tie and carries on after six months of torture at Victor's doing but Victor is allowed to retaliate on the loss of some shipping company. 

Why Why why why why did Pratt write the Marco story???????? What was the purpose???? All of this could have been happening without those six or seven months. None of that merger blah blah blah led to what's happening now. None of it. 

Time for that Grey Goose.....

• Love 16

https://instagram.com/p/8EomlqnPgy/

So the promo shows that Adam will be revealed and Billy goes ballistic. Is this a FUCKING joke? Almost a year since Adam returned and in the meantime Victor has committed the most heinous acts imaginable on Jack and Phyllis (and all the Abbotts) but THIS is the big REVEAL that sends Billy over some edge? But Jack and Phyllis are all okay with what Victor did to THEM?

And in today's Canadian Noah finds out about the whole Marco story. Noah? The most inconsequential character on canvas. Jesus. He's sad that Marisa LIED to him (when she didn't even fucking know him) and that she slept with Marco in order to trap him. RME. Now wee Noah is going to confront grandpa. ugh. Wow. this should be some must see TV, folks.

Oh and Victor is going AFTER the Abbotts because he thinks they stole his company. That's right. Jack just fixes his tie and carries on after six months of torture at Victor's doing but Victor is allowed to retaliate on the loss of some shipping company.

Why Why why why why did Pratt write the Marco story???????? What was the purpose???? All of this could have been happening without those six or seven months. None of that merger blah blah blah led to what's happening now. None of it.

Time for that Grey Goose.....

First, I wish I could join you in that Grey Goose but my meds won't permit that.

Ok if Billy goes ballistic about Adam, I sure hope that Billy will be arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping and murder of the real Gabe. But the law is so stupid on this turd of a show now.

So Noah goes off on Marisa instead of revealing everything. You know he goes to the senior Turd who will bs him into thinking it was all a figment of Marisa's imagination. So Victurd gets away with it again...

Edited by Thumper82003
  • Love 4