Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Young and the Restless Bits & Bobs

DYLAN MCAVOY'S POPULARITY TAKES EXEC. PRODUCER BY SURPRISE

Y&R Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps knew she had a proven soap commodity in sexy Steve Burton, but the response from fans of the show was on a level she never anticipated. "Dylan resonates," says Phelps. "His rich, complex story has so many layers, like a fabulous wedding cake. His service to our great nation is the moist, delicious cake itself, and his All-American good looks are the sweet, creamy, decadent white frosting. Dylan's virtue, work ethic, and bravery constitute the flowery embellishments and cake topper."

Bits & Bobs asked JFP to share some of the enthusiastic feedback from fans. Laughing, the veteran producer shared one of the most common questions she gets asked by people on the streets. "They want to know if Y&R has become one of those inspirational shows or is turning to biblical themes. I can't even begin to tell you how many people mistake Dylan for Jesus Christ with a nice haircut."

ROOTING FOR VICTOR RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, PROMISES PRATT

Head writer Chuck Pratt is taking the backlash against daytime icon Victor Newman in stride. "Victor will have the fans at home cheering as he fulfills every woman's fantasy. I have it on good authority that women long to be owned, to be seized like a piece of property by the bank. Victor's the bank, and he's gonna make it rain on the fallen harlots of GC."

When Bits & Bobs asked Pratt to cite his authority on women, the scribe pointed to a shelf full of Harlequin romance paperbacks.

SUPERCOUPLE STYLE SCANDAL

Soap stylist Jim Shu recently quit his dream job at Y&R after the stress of prepping Nick Newman for love scenes broke his spirit. "It's not normal. How can hair grow that fast? I'm just not comfortable using a weed wacker on some guy's ass, especially when he's farting Taco Bell at me. Yesterday, the actor told me that if clearing a lady's airstrip was known as a Brazilian, removing a dude's carpeting should be called a Mongolian. Because they're both South American countries. I had to walk away."

Asked to comment, Josh Morrow said, "Yeah, I googled it later. I guess we could call it a Peruvian."

Meanwhile, Nick's new better half is making waves of her own, prompting CBS to issue safety warnings. "While we appreciate that women want to copy Sage's dazzling smile, applying turtle wax to one's teeth is dangerous." Sage's unusual pedicure has struck a chord with teens, who have taken to slathering steak sauce on their feet and letting their pets nibble away. Others are gathering in secluded areas to walk across hot coals and broken glass or let their friends drive over their feet. Concerned parents are weighing their options.

If we were giving out Emmy Awards for the most hilarious and entertaining satire this one would win hands down! Freaking Genius N.P.!!!! Can't stop laughing!!!! 

• Love 9

There is a new doctor coming.

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2015/08/exclusive-yr-casts-a-new-doctor.html

My guess she is connected to Patty since she debuts the episode before Patty returns.

ETA:

Now is it has been confirmed by Daytime Confidential that Sharon heads back to Fairview and meets Patty. So it is all connected. Here we go! 

yes, i just read that too and then i went to cbs feedback and ranted at them.

foad chuckles

• Love 6

Well damn, it'll be like Christmas all up in here for Chuck Pratt! Two mentally ill women to exploit? That's an embarrassment of riches.

Can you just IMAGINE the hijinks that will ensue?????  Oh Pratt you prime time genius. How #blessed we are you came down from on high to write soap for us wimmins.

• Love 9

I can't wait. I love the crazy lady stories. I think this show exploits every illness, I  don't think mental illness is going to be treated with kid gloves with these or any soap writers.

Crazy people have been story topics for years and years. I think Patty and Sheila are 2 of my all time fave characters and that is cuz they are both fucked in the head. I love them doing all the crazy shit that regular characters can't do. And i hope to god Patty has Miss kitty with her LOL

• Love 1
Crazy people have been story topics for years and years. I think Patty and Sheila are 2 of my all time fave characters and that is cuz they are both fucked in the head.

That's the thing though. Lumping Sharon in with these characters is ridiculous IMO. She wasn't nuts until MAB decided to have her lose her mind and JG diagnosed her as bipolar as a supposed fix (ha!). Pratt has now decided she is only interesting when off her medication. Apparently many many viewers found her interesting for a long time when she was sane. Not perfect and at times unstable -- like when she slept with Billy, Jack and Nick in quick succession and was stealing things. But that is not batshit crazy. 

I liked Sharon because she was imperfect and unpredictable. Now she is another beloved character I can't take seriously. I cannot imagine what horrors Pratt has in store for Sharon and Patty at Fairview.

Why the fuck isn't Victor locked up I'd like to know. And Jack should have lost his mind after what he went through. (PB could rock this actually.)

But alas, Fairview is a women-only institution (Sharon, Ashley, Chloe, Patty). When men lose it and commit crimes (see Billy and Dylan) it's grieving. Mainpain is sad and deep.

Women are just FUCKING NUTS.

I don't find it entertaining.

• Love 18

. She wasn't nuts until MAB decided to have her lose her mind and JG diagnosed her as bipolar as a supposed fix (ha!

She wasn't then but she is now. Same as Phyllis used to be wacked and now she isn't. I am ok with Sharon being lumped into the wackjobs cuz that is how I see her. A pathetic idiotic mess, one I have zero sympathy for.

I don't find it entertaining.

This is the only story I find interesting. I agree with Pratt.. Sharon is her best when she is off her meds doing crazy shit.

But Sharon is not a wackjob. People who are bipolar are not crazies, psychos, or loons. Now, depending on whether one is a fan or not, Sharon could be viewed as pathetically desperate for Newman males or manipulative. But she would be those things with or without bipolar. Pratt and the like err when they link mental illness to character flaws or personality defects. People who suffer from mental illness already endure scorn and stereotypes in the real world, and Pratt's depiction of someone off their medication as a kidnapping, paternity-switching mastermind feeds into that.

I personally don't give a salmon's somersault if soaps have always traded in misogyny and stereotyping the mentally ill. Society moves on, modernizes, and popular entertainment hasn't gone wrong by following it. If the only stories people like Chuck Pratt can write are fueled by retrograde nonsense about hysterical wimmins and baby rabies and treating females like property, then shitcan him and hire new blood.

I'm not here for Victor asserting ownership of Chelsea or to point and laugh at the spectacle of a bipolar woman spinning out. Strong women aren't the end of the world, unless you're Chuck Pratt, a man undoubtedly plagued by dreams of fanged, self-sufficient vaginas stalking him.

• Love 20

The kicker is Jill when she joined the show said she was going to give the character of Sharon her due and have some fantastic and redemptive story.

Still waiting on that.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 12

The other day I went to look up spoilers on my usual site. In the page's sidebar there was a video featuring an announcer doing a recap of various shows' recent happenings. When she got to Y & R she said something like (paraphrasing),"Harding's out of the picture. I guess he wasn't really popular with the fans..."

My eyes rolled SO hard.

Carry on, guys. I'm still waiting on the magic spoiler that announces Marco's return. ;)

• Love 7

What bummed me out is Chris McKenna did an interview indicating he was disappointed he was written out. I had consoled myself with the fantasy that he wanted other work. sigh.

And to think women are fighting over Caillou. 

• Love 13

What bummed me out is Chris McKenna did an interview indicating he was disappointed he was written out. I had consoled myself with the fantasy that he wanted other work. sigh.

And to think women are fighting over Caillou.

Thing is remember back when we all loved Stitch before he was a regular and just Dylan's awesome friend who was happily married with a kid

And then he became a regular, cheated on his wife, had a whole secret identity and was revealed as Kelly's brother. In other words ruined.

I have a feeling the same would've happened to Officer Hotness. Better he went out too soon.

• Love 6

Thing is remember back when we all loved Stitch before he was a regular and just Dylan's awesome friend who was happily married with a kid

And then he became a regular, cheated on his wife, had a whole secret identity and was revealed as Kelly's brother. In other words ruined.

I have a feeling the same would've happened to Officer Hotness. Better he went out too soon.

Mercy Killing?

• Love 4

But Sharon is not a wackjob. People who are bipolar are not crazies, psychos, or loons. Now, depending on whether one is a fan or not, Sharon could be viewed as pathetically desperate for Newman males or manipulative. But she would be those things with or without bipolar. Pratt and the like err when they link mental illness to character flaws or personality defects. People who suffer from mental illness already endure scorn and stereotypes in the real world, and Pratt's depiction of someone off their medication as a kidnapping, paternity-switching mastermind feeds into that.

I personally don't give a salmon's somersault if soaps have always traded in misogyny and stereotyping the mentally ill. Society moves on, modernizes, and popular entertainment hasn't gone wrong by following it. If the only stories people like Chuck Pratt can write are fueled by retrograde nonsense about hysterical wimmins and baby rabies and treating females like property, then shitcan him and hire new blood.

I'm not here for Victor asserting ownership of Chelsea or to point and laugh at the spectacle of a bipolar woman spinning out. Strong women aren't the end of the world, unless you're Chuck Pratt, a man undoubtedly plagued by dreams of fanged, self-sufficient vaginas stalking him.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Sharon haters, take note (but you didn't hear that from me)! 

• Love 4

Awesome NP! All of this! Standing O !!!

• Love 3

so, i was reading elsewhere and there is a new spoiler out for an upcoming storyline revolving around esther and colin and jill.

apparently, after jill makes her reappearance, esther will confide in her that colin has been sexually harrassing her while jill was away.

it will be a case of "he said, she said" and tr mentioned that it "will all be in esthers head".

so, chuckles not only likes to make fun of cancer, mental illness and such, now he is moving onto sexual harrassment.

so entertaining....NOT.

you suck sweaty donkeyballs chuck.

• Love 6

valleycliffe quote

apparently, after jill makes her reappearance, esther will confide in her that colin has been sexually harrassing her while jill was away.

sorry to those of you on the lower decks of the Miranda-I don't usually get seasick but this took me by suprise.

it will be a case of "he said, she said" and tr mentioned that it "will all be in esthers head".

so, chuckles not only likes to make fun of cancer, mental illness and such, now he is moving onto sexual harrassment.

so entertaining....NOT.

The one character that may really have psychological problems that should have been treated the minute she put on the maid outfit is now going to be made a worse joke?  I don't know what would be more insulting-Colin taking advantage of a mentally challenged person or dismissing her allegations with a "it's all in her silly head".

you suck sweaty donkeyballs chuck.

Poor donkey.  I hope chuck chokes and the donkey kicks him in his arrogant head.

• Love 11

If they are going to do Bipolar fun they should do Victor the epileptic floppin' and thrashing and Nikki could stagger and everyone could wonder if she's just blind or blind drunk. Illness is fun. Maybe Michael could be incontinent. Adam could go blind again and in between seizures, Victor could  roll marbles in front of him.

• Love 11

If Y&R Existed in a Universe with Realistic Human Behavior:

Esther: Thank god you're home, Jill! Colin has been sexually harassing me!

Jill: What the hell are you talking about?

Esther: Your husband asked me to touch his behind!

Colin: I asked you to dust the blinds. They're filthy!

Esther: Oh. Well, I've been meaning to have my hearing checked. Sorry, guys.

Jill: Esther, you dingbat.

Sharon: Dylan, I lost the baby.

Dylan: That's terrible! How are you doing?

Sharon: I feel okay physically, I guess. I was worried that you'd fall into a deep depression, so I held off on telling you...

Dylan: Look, Sharon, we're in a relationship. I'm committed to you. That means we go through things together, bad or good. It's not just about me.

Sharon: You're right. I'm sorry. I think I'll tell my therapist I'd like to focus on trust issues.

Dylan: Don't apologize. Just focus on feeling better.

Sharon: Maybe we could try again, after we get married.

Dylan: I'd like that.

Paul: Victor, thanks for coming down to the station today. Have a seat.

Victor: Who are all these people? Victor Newman doesn't perform for an audience like a trained seal, yougotthat?

Michael: As your lawyer, Victor, I'm advising you to not say another word.

Victor: You presume to tell me what to do? You're fired! Youhaveanicedaynow.

Michael: Fine by me.

Victor: What's this about, Paul? Get to the damn point!

Paul: I wanted to arrest you for obstruction of justice, the attempted murder of Jack Abbott, and felony sexual assault. But then I realized I couldn't do that.

Victor: Insignificant peon! Worthless flea! Peasant!

Paul: I couldn't arrest you until these men and women from the FBI, the SEC, the DEA, Interpol, the Peruvian government, and the state police got done with you. Ta ta, tyrant.

• Love 16

Cricket actually went to Vietnam (I am not making this up) to FIND KEEMO. I think they had scenes in some jungle. God I'm embarrassed typing this.

There was a woman, Luan, and her daughter, Mai (that sounds authentic as a name, no?) who had a restaurant in GC. Somehow Cricket came to know her and I don't know figured Jack had an affair with her when he was serving in Vietnam. Blah blah. Keemo had to be found. So Cricket went and found him.

Stupid story from the get-go. I remember Jack saying to Cricket "I don't like people knowing I served." huh? That was Bill Bell's nod to retconned bullshit.

Keemo went from "I hate AMERICA, AMERICANS AND MY AMERICAN FATHER" to wearing a suit and working at Jabot in a matter of weeks.

Late to the party,but wow. Bell really did shoehorn Chicken into EVERY story back in the day. Christine was in her 20s back then IIRC so how and why would she possibly be in Jack's orbit?
  • Love 3

Adam and Ian Ward are the Paragon Project. Nice twist. Don't fuck it up Pratt! I want them to make Victor miserable.

NOOOO!!!!!  Just when I got out...they're gonna drag me back in!!!  I love Ray Wise, and this will be some nice tormenting of Pricktor.  However, it will also be his redemption because the evil Ian Ward and the evil Adam targetted Pricktor, forcing him to kidnap, torture and almost kill Jack and rape Phyllis.  This is how he gets off.  Shit.  I cannot watch that.

• Love 9

I don't think it's a nice twist. I think it's absurd. Bannana's right. Victor skates because of this. And that is bullshit. And Jack is the world's BIGGEST idiot because he's been trusting Adam all this time, giving him cover and access.

Glad I stopped watching. 

• Love 11

So lemme get this straight. Jack was kidnapped, tortured, and trapped on a boat full of human traffickers because the great and powerful Victor Newman didn't perform his due dilligence on the looming threat known as the Paragon Project. He just ass-umed that Jack was behind the whole thing.

Phyllis was raped by her husband's doppelgänger.

Kelly was raped.

Kelly, Austin, Courtney, Tobias, and Harding are all dead.

A one-eared, vengeful drug lord now has a reason to show up in GC periodically to harass and threaten people.

The omniscient lord of the dead just assumed the Abbotts were the culprits and shot his wad (always too early, right, Nikki). But creeper Ian is behind things, so it's all cool. Victor will defeat Ian and be returned to his rightful place as the hero of Genoa City.

Fuck off, Pratt. Fuck off into the galaxy until you can't see Earth anymore.

• Love 15

I just went on twitter to see some tweets about today's show based on above (because I am a masochist). Jack apparently asks Victor to team up. "We defeated Anicelli. So we can defeat Paragaon." Victor agrees.

Forget Victor. He's been shit for years. Adam has never been a workable, viable character IMO. But Pratt has destroyed Jack. He's nothing now. He has no spine, no brain, no pride. Nothing. He's a nothing. One of Bill Bell's greatest creations, played masterfully by Peter Bergman (and Terry Lester before him). Nothing.

I don't have a vocabulary to express how much and how far I want Pratt to fuck off.

• Love 12

oh great bags of flaming doggie doo,  i was just so happy ian ward (ray wise) was back that i didn't see the bigger picture...

waaaaaaah, (picture dummers pouty crying face) i wanted ian to take turd down, not be his scapegoat...waaaaaaahhhh

• Love 4
 Fuck off, Pratt. Fuck off into the galaxy until you can't see Earth anymore.

Ninja, you should start a petition. Circulate it far and wide. Circulate it on Twitter and Facebook, and every lame ass knockoff site like them with just that plaintive cry. Send all the accumulated signatures to CBS, Sony and the FCC and maybe we can Free Y&R from the death star that has captured it in its malevolent orbit.

Adam and Ian Ward are the Paragon Project. Nice twist. Don't fuck it up Pratt! I want them to make Victor miserable.

You do realize, of course, that THIS^^^^^ shit is why we're all going to be cheering for Victor and crying tears of joy in the bye and bye? For The Prattastic has told us so. Verily, it shall be. Yes, Victor will Vanquish and he will dry all our eyes and bind and balm all our suffering and blighted flesh.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 8

And who do you think will be MOST blamed for Paragon (after Adam)??????? Yup. You guessed it: Jack!!!! Because he didn't tell anyone Adam's back in town.

OH MY GOD!! I was joking when I said somehow Jack would be blamed for his OWN kidnapping and torture.

But Pratt has found a way!!!

• Love 11

My Ian is going to be sacrificed for this shit? No wonder I haven't heard from him in forever! I'm going to have to leave a note for him in our secret hidey hole in the Katherine Chancellor Memorial Park. He must be too mortified to even show his darling face.

• Love 7

Man, how about that Adam? He blackmails Jack into keeping his identity a secret but doesn't let him in on the plan to fuck up his archenemy. Be a shame if Adam's body waxer uses Rogaine on his next visit and Chelsea has to machete her way to the stick shift.

Jack asking Victor to be on his team tells me that the mix of torture and mind-altering substances Kelly subjected him to broke his psyche.

Nick will learn to speak Mandarin before Jack gets justice.

• Love 9

Nothing they ever write will ever convince me Sharon is crazier than Sage. She is just inching for her inner Smelly Horse or Patty to let loose.

And yes under Jill's regime any interesting and semi cool seeming character is totally ruined the second audiences want to know more. She trashed or neglected or Leslie, Avery, Stitch, Hilary, Harding, Congressman Wheeler, and Marco. All of them were pretty cool or fascinating their first couple months and the second people showed interest got fucked as characters. I'm sure there's more i forgot to list.

Stitch, not being a womanizing creep propped hero withstanding is a horrible actor given more material so its not especially sad. He could have destroyed better material on his own. However the others I listed were a bit quirky and fun and the actors had more ability : (

• Love 3

CASTING NEWS

Look who’s back in the suds! Longtime fan fave Michael E. Knight—a three-time Emmy winner as Tad Martin on All My Children—is joining CBS’s The Young and the Restless in the recurring role of Dr. Simon Neville, a Genoa City doctor with mysterious intentions. Knight, whose primetime credits include NCIS, Drop Dead Diva and Hot in Cleveland, begins shooting at Y&R on Wednesday and will hit the air October 15. Whose lives will be impacted by this doctor of questionable repute?

• Love 2

CASTING NEWS

Look who’s back in the suds! Longtime fan fave Michael E. Knight—a three-time Emmy winner as Tad Martin on All My Children—is joining CBS’s The Young and the Restless in the recurring role of Dr. Simon Neville, a Genoa City doctor with mysterious intentions. Knight, whose primetime credits include NCIS, Drop Dead Diva and Hot in Cleveland, begins shooting at Y&R on Wednesday and will hit the air October 15. Whose lives will be impacted by this doctor of questionable repute?

Oh. Wow. Ok. 

• Love 3