Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

I just looked Sage up, and it's listed on baby name sites.

Now then...The real reason I came in here is to share some information. According to one source, on Friday (Canada's Thursday show) "Neil comes between Nikki and Victor". I'm not quite sure of how to feel. I can't stand Victor, and I've been seeing signs between Nikki and Neil for a while now. I guess I'll just wait and see how this new development is written and acted.

OTOH, it keeps Kneel out of the orbits of any 20 something women of color on this show, namely Gwen and Marisa. Even if I didn't automatically root for Victor to lose I'd support Neilkki (?) just for that.
  • Love 5

I can see the miscarriage being all about Dylan's treepain, and yet I still scratch my head at the writers passing up a chance to wedge a balsa wood baby into the scene, even if just to permanently plant his DNA on canvas. Apparently he lost an acorn with Avery, lost Connor, and is now on his third round of baby-related misery. Enough already. I currently don't give a tinker's damn about that lying screech owl Sage, and having her sprout stolen isn't going to make me start, especially when the kidnapper is a character I practically grew up with and have sympathy for.

I know SC is a team player and game for being a speed bump for the Dylan and Sage tour bus, but I just have a bad feeling about this storyline.

• Love 12

ok, help me out, I am suffering from stupid trivia memory loss.

I wanted to make a post about Dylan when Sharon miscarries but there is a name that escapes me.

it is the name of the "animated trees" in some movie.  they can walk and can be evil and their limbs can act as arms.

can't remember if it is from some Disney cartoon or what, does anyone know.

at first I thought they were called erts but that is for emergency response teams.

then I thought orts but that is for left over scraps of food...

• Love 3

You are quite right, ByTor, and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to the screech owl community and to any other owls who felt defamed and offended by my thoughtless comparison to Sage Bingham. Owls look at her and say "who," but I look at Dill and say "why."

Seriously, JFP and Pratt, why?

• Love 10

ok, help me out, I am suffering from stupid trivia memory loss.

I wanted to make a post about Dylan when Sharon miscarries but there is a name that escapes me.

it is the name of the "animated trees" in some movie.  they can walk and can be evil and their limbs can act as arms.

can't remember if it is from some Disney cartoon or what, does anyone know.

at first I thought they were called erts but that is for emergency response teams.

then I thought orts but that is for left over scraps of food...

Are you thinking of Ents from the Lord of the Rings?  They could walk and talk, but they weren't evil.

• Love 2

SID Spoilers

Joe asks Lily out on a date. She accepts and they have a great time together. They both realize they have feelings and want to explore it. Lily is tired of Cane's crap and refuses to beg anymore. 

Jack is awake and back home. Apparently he has decided to lie and admit that he did have a gun that night. Now home with Phyllis she senses that something is off with him. Jack refuses to talk about Marco. He doesn't want her knowing she was with an imposter. This just makes her more antsy because she knows something is up. Will Jack confess?

Sage gets the results her the DNA test and I guess it comes back saying the baby is Newman. Nick gets a hold of the results and Sage admits that she had a ONS with Gabriel. Nick then goes and confronts Gabriel about it and lets him know that he is the father of the baby. Adam realizes that the test doesn't prove paternity at all and Nick just assume because he doesn't know the other father is also a Newman. Adam accuses Sage of faking the results to cement herself to Nick and Chelsea overhears. Nick leaves and Chelsea confronts Adam over his weird attitude over Nick and Sage;s baby. He says that is not set in stone and she suddenly realized that Adam could be the father. He explains to her it happened the night she was going to marry Billy. Chelsea is pissed over being lied to once again and now they have to deal with this on top of everything else!

• Love 8
(edited)
Jack is awake and back home. Apparently he has decided to lie and admit that he did have a gun that night. Now home with Phyllis she senses that something is off with him. Jack refuses to talk about Marco. He doesn't want her knowing she was with an imposter. This just makes her more antsy because she knows something is up. Will Jack confess?

Oh FFS. This is asinine. 

But now I get why Phyllis was getting all these clues. She'll figure it out but how fucking long is it going to take? aaargh.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 6

You will also hate this miamama but it looks like Jack tells Paul that he did have the gun that night. I am sure it is some grand master plan for Jack's revenge, but Victor will not be going down for shooting him. I guess Jack and Victor cancel each other out and charges are dropped on both sides? I don't know.

That is why Jack goes home and Victor is back at Newman-Abbott. Also in the dailies it says Neil is getting all revenge driven over Hilary and Devon and it makes Nikki nervous. So I guess it is her turn to babysit him. 

Oh they are also casting some dude to play a Spanish prince named Luca and apparently he will be on for at least 10 episodes. Maybe more depending on storyline and how well the character is received. They looking for names so it seems long term. My guess he is related to Marisa since we just discovered she was an raised in an orphanage. 

• Love 5
(edited)

AAAARGH. I hate it so much. Jack is going to let Victor get away with everything just so Phyllis doesn't know an imposter was in her bed?? Seriously? So we will watch smug Victor and smug Victoria and smug Summer continue to be smug? I seriously don't think I can take it.

I like Marisa but show better be careful shoving her down our throats. The orphan stuff was a bit eye-roll inducing. And now a noble relative? lol.

ETA: Jack's going to get arrested for killing AustinCourtneyTobias. Maybe then he'll speak up.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 6

I doubt it lasts long. Marco is back in the scripts. Daniel Gooddard posted the script cover from last Friday's taping  and took it down when he realized he showed that Marco & Jack were together in the same episode. So I get the feeling that by mid August everyone will know that Jack was replaced but the details might still be dodgy. Either way we know none these fools going to jail though. 

• Love 5

Unless Jack is hoping no one ever finds out about Marco I'm not understanding his reasoning here. Phyllis is going to find out eventually and him lying is only going to fuck up a criminal case against Prictor and help him get away with everything.

• Love 8

I doubt it lasts long. Marco is back in the scripts. Daniel Gooddard posted the script cover from last Friday's taping and took it down when he realized he showed that Marco & Jack were together in the same episode. So I get the feeling that by mid August everyone will know that Jack was replaced but the details might still be dodgy. Either way we know none these fools going to jail though.

Right. No one is going to jail, that is to be expected. I just have reached my limit of Victor smirking. Sigh. Let's hope there is a payoff at some point.
  • Love 6

The namby pambys running this show need to stop holding back and go balls to the wall with the Jack/Victor stuff. Jack shouldn't just pretend he had a gun that night to let Victor off the hook. He should immediately confess to murdering Austin and Courtney and personally flying to Peru to release Marco from prison. Jack will then tell the world he hired Mariah to gaslight Sharon and dropped the dime on his own brother in Myanmar just so Billy would have a timeout. Jack tied Billy to a tree to prevent him from seeing a cancer-stricken Delia.

But wait! There's more! Jack held Colleen's head underwater until she drowned. That had nothing to do with the Patty bomb Victor detonated in Genoa City. The writers need to take this storyline out in a blaze of glory, with Jack admitting he ran over Delia and shot himself in Chancellor Park. Nikki hires a plane to skywrite I'm sooooo sorry, Victor in the skies above Newman-Abbott, and Victoria dies from smug poisoning. Summer becomes a barnacle attached to the S.S. Grampire.

I'm sure Jack has a master plan of some sort, but Phyllis does not like being protected, and since Jack is not a psychopath, it's not a level playing field for him and Victor.

• Love 12
(edited)

Jack is not a psychopath, it's not a level playing field for him and Victor.

This is why the idea this is a "feud" is such a fucking joke. But that is how it's being presented and will continue to be presented. I hate when a soap opera makes me this angry.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5

Preverts, I have another question (probably because I-don't-watch-the-show-Pratt), but why did Sage even need to take a DNA test and share the results with Kingdonkeykong?  She had to know it would come up 'Newman' and I think the timing was too long for it to be any chance of being Gabriel Bingham's.  It was also made very clear when Sage and Gabe moved into the penthouse that it was a marriage of convenience only- there was no sexual relationship.  So why bother with DNA?  Did she drop the silk panties for someone else? This confuses me:  "Adam accuses Sage of faking the results to cement herself to Nick"-[cmb81].  (!!! how is she faking what?)

• Love 2

mollyb, the timeline in soaps is VERY different than in real life.

for instance, valentines day with all the disasters took place over about 2 weeks or so then all of a sudden it is a month later.

or fathers day lasting until july 4th etc..

so, it doesn't matter how we view the days, if pratt decides he wants adam to be the dad he is.

• Love 5

Molly B:

"Did she drop the silk panties for someone else?"

Please tell me you're not thinking of the other Newman, namely Victor!  Wouldn't that be a wondrous feat for Pratt, a Newman 3 way WTD storyline?

• Love 2

Can a festering boil get a festering boil? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am genuinely surprised that the show would have Sharon miscarry Baby Biscotti. I just can't believe that Saint Dylan, may His iced coffee quench thy thirst, hasn't been more firmly rooted to the canvas with an offspring via an established and popular character.

Yeah, it doesn't follow does it, given the blood and capital JFP has spent trying to *do anything* to make her boy appealing to the majority of Y&R viewers?  Yet as much as JFP has been determined to cement this block of wood to the Y&R firmament, I'm convinced Pratt's not. I realize that Pratt's supposed to be a FOJ, but from everything I've heard and read about this guy, he doesn't have that kind of loyalty. I think SB is just another board piece for Pratt to maneuver around. Based on what I've heard about coming attractions, it certainly appears that Duhlan is joining the GCPD and viewers are in for non-stop gangsta for the foreseeable future. I think the only thing Pratt's invested in is shock and awe, and he's going to keep dishing that up as long as CBS lets him. 

• Love 6

I keep hoping that the "set tour" spoiler is/was wrong.

I keep hoping it was parsley who miscarried (saw a pic of her and dick and I thought it was Sharon at first).

however, i'm not that lucky and neither is Sharon...%(

• Love 7

petunia13 quote

Sharon hasn't had enough tragedy in her life and Sage deserves to be rewarded so....

Personally, I don't think Sharon should have to go another round of Nikki as the doting grandma who also tries to get Sharon's children away from her.  But, then again, maybe Drinkki will step up and drop the whole lot of Newman spawn on the floor. 

• Love 2

LOLOL  i just read some spoilers about august s/l's and it seems we are in for some "shock and awe" so says the pratthole..

apparently couplings will be shook up and secrets and more secrets will come out..

le sigh.

i'll bet he has a big ole top hat with the storylines written on lil pieces of paper, then he reaches in and whatever he pulls out will be..

only thing is, he forgot how many times he wrote down the same stuff on those lil pieces of paper and there might be 6 or 7 that say "who the daddy" and another 10 or 12 that say turd will take jack down etc.

• Love 7

LOLOL  i just read some spoilers about august s/l's and it seems we are in for some "shock and awe" so says the pratthole..

apparently couplings will be shook up and secrets and more secrets will come out..

le sigh.

i'll bet he has a big ole top hat with the storylines written on lil pieces of paper, then he reaches in and whatever he pulls out will be..

only thing is, he forgot how many times he wrote down the same stuff on those lil pieces of paper and there might be 6 or 7 that say "who the daddy" and another 10 or 12 that say turd will take jack down etc.

Yes, but what did you read? ;)

• Love 3

From SOD

Jack finally tells Phyllis all about Marco and how Victor was the mastermind behind it. Phyllis realizes that Jack is trying seek revenge but worries that it might backfire since technically Jack needs Victor's silence to keep him out of trouble at the moment.

There is a citywide power outage and one of the people stuck together are Neil and Hilary in a GCAC elevator. Neil takes this chance to make Hilary miserable with a trip down memory lane. Cane calls to say help is on the way and Hilary wants to away from crazy Neil as he is starting to freak her out.

Dailies

M - Nick makes a big decision

T - Noah and Marisa take things to the next level

W - Neil and Hilary get trapped

Th - Adam tries to woo Chelsea; Victoria and Billy's sparks fly

F - Stitch grows closer to Ashley

• Love 6

Thanks for these CMB.

So they are going with this "Jack committed crimes" bullshit I see? I was hoping his post trauma confusion was keeping him from seeing straight and realizing he couldn't realistically be charged with anything. So while Phyllis will know, Victor will continue to skate in the eyes of everyone else for longer. FFS.

At least Jack tells her though. I was not here for Jack being yelled at for LYING. 

The Dailies are hilariously awful. Like if I truly believed that was all that was going on I would use them as a reason NOT to watch. But they are giving nothing away. E.g. on Monday's show "Nick makes a big decision" was quite possibly the most pointless part of the whole episode. They don't want to spoil with "Jack tells Phyllis there were 2 Jacks".

• Love 6

There is a citywide power outage and one of the people stuck together are Neil and Hilary in a GCAC elevator. Neil takes this chance to make Hilary miserable with a trip down memory lane. Cane calls to say help is on the way and Hilary wants to away from crazy Neil as he is starting to freak her out.

What is all this men behaving badly crap? And Yet ANOTHER power outage that traps two characters in an elevator, storeroom, basement, ad infinitum. Why is Pratt rewriting every character ever previously created? Yeah, I know Neil's been a power douche for about ten years on now, but really? What's the point? Is this some attempt to make him *edgier* so maybe he'll capture some otherwise unknown and unplumbed misogynistic demographic of Y&R viewers? I don't get it. Why not just have the guy face a moment of self-realization and have him decide to grow the fuck up and be a mature adult? It'd be refreshing to just see Neil react to being butthurt (all his fault) 30 seconds after having been dumped by not seeing the next Miss Junior Wisconsin and wanting to fall immediately into connubial bliss?

• Love 7

toomuch soap quote

It'd be refreshing to just see Neil react to being butthurt (all his fault) 30 seconds after having been dumped by not seeing the next Miss Junior Wisconsin and wanting to fall immediately into connubial bliss?

Amen to this.  It would also be nice if he'd stop lecturing everbody about doing the right thing and then juxtaposing that against him not thinking any relationship through for more than one hormonal rush before jumping head first into it.

cmb81 quote

people stuck together are Neil and Hilary in a GCAC elevator.

How in the blue blazes are they going to hide her pregnancy in this situation?  Lights out?

• Love 3

How in the blue blazes are they going to hide her pregnancy in this situation?  Lights out?

Oh man. Time to brace ourselves for more big jackets and medium close ups. 

When's MM going on mat leave? Can't they give the girl a break?

• Love 3

She looks about ready to pop any second. I get the impression that Bryton isn't one of Pratt's favorites. It's a shame that MM will probably get the "maternity" write-off into oblivion because she couldn't resuscitate any interest in Devyawn. I won't be surprised if he ends up being written out soon as well, Katherine's heir be damned. Katherine Chancellor doesn't even seem to be an afterthought in Pratt's mind. If it weren't for Chancellor Park, I'm not sure we'd ever hear the name again.

• Love 5

Yea they really don't give a shit hence all the focus on newbies and pets instead of bringing back or recasting Mac or Phillip 3 to mix in up in the corporate wars. I loved Mac (all of her portrayers) and liked that she was a level headed, non idiot, sane female. Of course Jill and Pratt can't have one of those running around.

• Love 9

Here are a few spoilers for the week. 

I read them, and I barely gave a damn. 

...In fact, I started to write a question about one, but erased it. Somehow, I have the feeling that anything that I come up with will be infinitely more exciting than whatever winds up on my screen.

Edited by C76
  • Love 4

can't remember if it is from some Disney cartoon or what, does anyone know

My son found this 2.30 minute segment from Lord of the Rings, but it is protected from use so it won't even let me post the web address for you.  The trees are walking and they do look quite evil to me.  Sorry - that's the best I can do.  Try you tube - LOTR The Two Towers - Extended Edition - The Last March of the Ents, and that should get you there.  I know this was mentioned a long time ago, but I have been missing since July 15 because my sister was visiting from Alaska and we had lots of stuff to do.  I'm trying to catch up.

• Love 3