Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

I thought she had chemistry with Billy Miller. And the actor that played Ryan. They were together for awhile if memory serves. Before he went with the crazy blonde chick.

My memory is fuzzy, but I think Ryan was long dead by the time AH replaced Heather Tom. But I agree that she had chemistry with Billy Miller.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 6

Ryan was shot to death on his wedding day to Heather Tom ballsy baby face Victoria like a decade before bohemian scrawny Moptoria showed up in GC. LOL

This was way before my watching time which started only 3 yrs ago but was in magazines a lot.

• Love 5

My memory is fuzzy, but I think Ryan was long dead by the time AH replaced Heather Tom. But I agree that she had chemistry with Billy Miller.

She worked for the first couple of  years with Billy because they were funny -- and it was all owing to BM, I think. He played it with so much energy and playfully and silly and goofy that all she had to do was react as the "straight man" and it worked. But when they went on and on and she got whiny and screechy -- ugh.

It would help considerably if she were given a believable career and the dynamics of their relationship changed from the same old "I'm disappointed in you, Billy." "Grow up, Billy." Or Victor's involvement. These are people in their 40s for god's sake.

• Love 9

Ah, right. Sorry, I was in middle school or high school I think when that story line was going on with Ryan and Heather Tom and my memory is fuzzy.

Crazy blonde was Tricia, right? And she had a brunette sister who loved a guy on a motorcycle but he died in an accident? I think he was alive for awhile and they got married in the hospital and then he died? I remember liking him and being sad he died but everything is kind of fuzzy, heh.

And to bring this back on topic, I'm happy Tracy will be back. I always liked her. She's always so sweet and even-tempered and wise.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 5

I saw the new SOD and there was an article about Billy's accident.

Noah hits him by accident. Marisa witnessed it. Billy is basically a breath away from death. All the Abbotts, Victoria, and Jill are rallied around. Jill is all pissed at Victoria and the Abbotts because in her mind they all abandoned Billy. So now she will be super mom and unleashes rage on them all. Victor and Nikki arrive and all hell breaks loose. Then Billy takes a turn for the worse.

Meanwhile Neville arrives and offers his help but Stitch tells him to beat it. This upsets him because he wants to be taken seriously as a miracle working. Ashley strokes his ego and the two starts their obvious flirt dance. He is also trying to find a way to save Ashley's life since she has a brain tumor.

• Love 2
Jill is all pissed at Victoria and the Abbotts because in her mind they all abandoned Billy. So now she will be super mom and unleashes rage on them all.

I love Jess but STFU, Jill. While you've been mothering Cane and grandmothering his hyped up twins all these years, the Abbotts and Victoria are the ONLY ones in Billy's life.

• Love 8

The article was a riot. Jill is pissed because Victoria "bails" on Billy at the first sign of trouble. Then she went on about how all Jack does is judge him and that the Abbotts are holier-than-thou people. I was just like WTF the entire time reading it. Then apparently at the hospital Phyllis lashing out at Jack too. All these enablers. This is why Billy never learns.

• Love 7

Jill hasn't seen Billy in months and is yelling at others for not enabling him? Jack instead should be saying and do what? "Sure Billy, here's 2 million dollars to pay your bookie who beat you up because of your gambling addiction."

Jack putting a lock on Billy's funds for his protection isn't something that should be needed to be done for a grown man and Jill's pissed at the others?

• Love 6

Billy actually asked for 2.2 million, which is insane considering Jack has no money and has had to lay off his workers thanks to Victor (and Billy).

Seriously, that takes balls. Or stupidity. You decide.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 10

Ah, right. Sorry, I was in middle school or high school I think when that story line was going on with Ryan and Heather Tom and my memory is fuzzy.

Crazy blonde was Tricia, right? And she had a brunette sister who loved a guy on a motorcycle but he died in an accident? I think he was alive for awhile and they got married in the hospital and then he died? I remember liking him and being sad he died but everything is kind of fuzzy, heh.

She wasn't crazy at first. YR was tried to make The Dennison family a thing with Tricia, Megan, and their Dad. They had paired Jill with him. I don't think it worked.

Tony was Megan's boyfriend (the guy on the motorcycle). He was originally apart of the Nick/Sharon/Grace/Cassie story. He was Grace's bf that kind of helped raised Cassie. He was besties with Sharon.

At some point Tricia lost her mind and ran Tony over. She was obsessed with him. Then Matt Clark returned with a new face & name and they teamed up to take The Newmans down.

Sorry for hijacking your post but YR was so good during that time. I was in grade school and was hooked. Tricia and Matt's reign of terror was everything.

• Love 10

Jill hasn't seen Billy in months and is yelling at others for not enabling him? 

Jill apparently thinks Jack and Victoria should have let Billy do anything and everything. They are the big bads for daring to be fed up with his bullshit.

• Love 3

If she's such s good mother, why didn't Billy Boy go to Jill for his millions??? Why is it always Jack?

i don't consider jill a good mother at all..

with phillip, she shipped him off to boarding school at the first opportunity and john took billy and moved to new york city to get away from her..

besides, she has her head stuck up her fake son cane's ass to see anything about billy.

• Love 8

i don't consider jill a good mother at all..

with phillip, she shipped him off to boarding school at the first opportunity and john took billy and moved to new york city to get away from her..

besides, she has her head stuck up her fake son cane's ass to see anything about billy.

Aww, this actually makes be feel sorry for Billy.  A snake would be a better mother than Jill.  (sorry Jess)

• Love 1

If she's such s good mother, why didn't Billy Boy go to Jill for his millions??? Why is it always Jack?

Exactly and at this point she probably has more money than Jack, because Billy didn't ruin her company.

• Love 5

She wasn't crazy at first. YR was tried to make The Dennison family a thing with Tricia, Megan, and their Dad. They had paired Jill with him. I don't think it worked.

Tony was Megan's boyfriend (the guy on the motorcycle). He was originally apart of the Nick/Sharon/Grace/Cassie story. He was Grace's bf that kind of helped raised Cassie. He was besties with Sharon.

At some point Tricia lost her mind and ran Tony over. She was obsessed with him. Then Matt Clark returned with a new face & name and they teamed up to take The Newmans down.

Sorry for hijacking your post but YR was so good during that time. I was in grade school and was hooked. Tricia and Matt's reign of terror was everything.

Thanks for the recap! I remember really liking that story line at the time and I thought Tony was such a sweetheart and was so sad when he was killed off. And I really liked Megan. Too bad they were all written off the show. Edited by jewel21
  • Love 5

I love Jess but STFU, Jill. While you've been mothering Cane and grandmothering his hyped up twins all these years, the Abbotts and Victoria are the ONLY ones in Billy's life.

Beat me to it. She has chosen Cane over Billy time and time again, and this is even after Cane was outed as a liar. And he's skated away on some Victor Newman-level lies. Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5

LOLOL  i was over at a different board and was reading the spoiler thread for jan 4 - 8 and one of the posts by someone was about "plot points" for the next two weeks...what i found mostly hilarious was that adam was going to encourage chelsea to develop a "high end bridal line" and that made me guffaw out loud.  

IMO chelsea lawson orginals are for the most part hideous AND tacky looking.

then, one of the other ones was that dr. anderson talks to sharon about tapering her off her meds.

very unhappy about this, but it seems sharon is pratts favourite target and i can only imagine what he will have her do...:( 

• Love 2

LP, it's pratt writing, of course she is..

then, she finds out the kid isn't hers, and over the edge she goes..

is it too much to ask that pratt be in front of rexx rugs and dummer is all upset again and plows him down?

• Love 12

Ugh, not again with this "off her meds" bullshit.

I have a mother who is bipolar and a brother with borderline personality disorder. The thought of them going off their meds fills me with anxiety. And, I hate that a psychiatrist, of all people, is going to encourage someone who WANTS to stay on their meds and stay sane to get off of them and go nuts again. SMDFH.

Enough with this irresponsible writing and stupidity.

• Love 14

I see the two as tied. Since Bill Bell left, Victor Newman has become more and more overblown and more and more the cog in the wheel that is the show. The show had balance before and Victor was a character among others. Bell was the only one who had power over EB IMO. It's gotten worse with each writing regime because the HWs know they are expendable and no one seems to believe EB is expendable. There's often talk that no one of the 30ish, 40-ish age bracket makes a dent on this show as leading man, but the fact is because EB must come out on top every other male potential lead is made to look weak and/or stupid.

I don't really believe EB sits down the HW and says "This is what I want." But ensuring EB is happy in how Victor is portrayed seems to be a requisite for the position, at least based on what I see on my screen. And he's made it clear in interview after interview that he has a prehistoric notion of male power and dominance. I think ensuring Victor comes out the clear winner by every conceivable measure of a man is a central problem with every single dynamic on the show that involves Newmans (which is 90 per cent of all relationships and 98.9% of all relationships that are front-burner).

Mia - if I could give you 100 likes for this post, I would do it.  It is nice to see Victor or EB (one and the same, really) being beaten down good, and I'm not the one doing it.  I honestly believe the only way this show can be saved is to have him leave - coma, dead, kidnapped by aliens, or just getting amnesia again - I seriously don't care which.  All the writing, which we know is shit, revolves around this one man and his forever growing ego.  Pratt is awful and a total idiot, but I don't think Hemingway could write this show, catering to the needs of one man's giant opinion of himself and his character.  I have now finished all the small topics, and have to start tackling the two large ones.  This will require another bottle of Grey Goose, which I will purchase tomorrow and continue at that time. Shingles, hemorrhoids, and scurvy to Victor, in the meantime.  Sorry, Crosby.

• Love 12

Spoilers per SOD

Billy changed his will so that Jack would be in charge of his medical decisions. He did this because he felt Jack would be the less emotional and more rational person to make a difficult decision. Billy is borderline brain dead due to a complication from the surgery and they have to decide to pull the plug on him. They come to the conclusion they have to let him go but then of course Billy has a miracle breakthrough.

Also Nikki and Neil keep playing up their fake affair with Hilary. She doesn't buy it though and gets Neil alone. He tries to put up resistance as long as he can but he eventually gives in and the two have sex. 

Ew.

CYEP1FmWkAEoadH.jpg

Jason Thompson as comatose Billy

• Love 7

Just when I thought the Winters' s/l couldn't get worse, it does. Extra EWWWW. My FF button is going to get stuck on triple speed.

Hopefully we simply get a voiceover when JT takes over. Billy will have a miraculous breakthrough due to Simon I bet. 

• Love 7

^St. Stench, The Most Qualified fraudulant doctor in Genoa City, can stop by Crimson Lights and pick up some of St. Dylan's Special Miracle Blend in a to-go cup, slip it into Billy's IV, and voilà, problem solved.

I guess Tan Sofa Billy is officially gone, because all we are currently seeing is a headless torso in a hospital bed metamorphosing into Swarthy Hipster Billy.

• Love 7

Why does no one except Sage see how out-of-bounds this manipulative bish Dr. Anderson is? The way she keeps showing up at Sharon's house and giving everyone unsolicited advice should be sending up huge red flags. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing Sage take her down.

Right?  I was actually rooting for Sage today.  I was shouting "You go girl!" at the teevee

• Love 7

Looking at that promo...I suppose I'm not that surprised they'd promote JT as a get, but that still doesn't mean I have to like the way they did it here.  My faith in the MWT is still outclassing my faith in him to rise above said MWT.

• Love 2

so, popforbreakfast at soc posted some spoilers from sod for next week.

at the bottom, she said there is a rumor one of the soaps may be bringing back a character who is supposedly dead.

i posted that i hoped it was drucilla barber winters played by vikki rowell.

LOL  no one else agreed with me but i don't care, that's who i would want back.

don't watch any of the other 3 soaps so i have no idea about any of their characters.

• Love 4

so, popforbreakfast at soc posted some spoilers from sod for next week.

at the bottom, she said there is a rumor one of the soaps may be bringing back a character who is supposedly dead.

i posted that i hoped it was drucilla barber winters played by vikki rowell.

LOL  no one else agreed with me but i don't care, that's who i would want back.

The only person I want to see come back from the dead is John Abbott. Every time I see GhostJohn, it reminds me of how much I miss the character. I don't care how they do it. It could be the lamest, most inconceivable reason in soap history for him being suddenly alive and I wouldn't care one bit. I just want John Abbott back..

• Love 11

So saw a picture of a script schedule from what filmed this week and it listed scenes with Summer and Natalie at Summer's apartment. I guess in the near future those girls will start to become friends. That means Natalie is sticking around for a little bit.

• Love 2

The only person I want to see come back from the dead is John Abbott. Every time I see GhostJohn, it reminds me of how much I miss the character. I don't care how they do it. It could be the lamest, most inconceivable reason in soap history for him being suddenly alive and I wouldn't care one bit. I just want John Abbott back..

Have you been reading what's left of my mind, DR?

To me, the show has been off-balance since LiveJohn's departure.

• Love 6

John would be nice but JD has stated he's very happy coming on once a month and they seem content with the ghost/conscience thing. 

I would like to see Dina Abbott come back to GC (she never died), played by the Elizabath Hubbard -- Lucinda Walsh on ATWT. She's the right age and she could rock a role that challenges Victor. Since they refuse to let Jack seriously go toe to toe with Victor, bring his badass mom to town. She didn't strike me as a woman who gave two fucks about needing to be "good." And I'd love to see old money Dina look down her nose at Victor and Nikki etc.

A strong businesswoman pitted against old man Victor would be fab. But under JFP, ha? Would never happen.

• Love 14

I still wish they would bring back Delia. She was a cute, good little actress and I loved her interaction with BM at the time. I just hated the whole story line revolving around her death. It seems that's when things really went off the rails and we lost some good actors in the process.

Oh, well. At least she still shows up from time to time ala Ghost John.

• Love 7

John would be nice but JD has stated he's very happy coming on once a month and they seem content with the ghost/conscience thing. 

I would like to see Dina Abbott come back to GC (she never died), played by the Elizabath Hubbard -- Lucinda Walsh on ATWT. She's the right age and she could rock a role that challenges Victor. Since they refuse to let Jack seriously go toe to toe with Victor, bring his badass mom to town. She didn't strike me as a woman who gave two fucks about needing to be "good." And I'd love to see old money Dina look down her nose at Victor and Nikki etc.

A strong businesswoman pitted against old man Victor would be fab. But under JFP, ha? Would never happen.

Wouldn't that be spectacular!  I know she's got a solid platinum cold as ice heart, basically gives two fucks about anybody, but she'd still stick up for Jack against Chocula and grind him into bits under her stilettos.   

The last I remember hearing her mentioned was when she sent Ashley a belated gift for the baby switch and she complained to Abby (played by Marcy Rylan who I miss) about how little her mother cared.  

I can see her nostrils flare just looking at Victor.....

But JFP won't cast a woman over 40 if she possibly avoid it so I guess it will never happen.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9