Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

THAT guy?!? The guy talking to Billy Miller? THAT'S the new Billy? Wow...

I've never seen that actor before but if it's a choice between him and Burgess Jenkins, then I say keep BJ. Jason Thompson is going to be even more miscast as Billy than the current one. And seeing Billy Miller (who looks great BTW) in that scene just emphasizes what a poor job TPTB have done in replacing him. BM was acting circles around JT in that clip. Also, to be completely shallow, JT isn't good looking so we're not even getting eye candy with this guy. (Well, those of you still watching anyway.)

This show. It's just not doing anything right these days, is it.?

ETA: I will revise my last statement if they keep Ian and Patty. They are the only reason I am actually considering watching an episode again.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 7

Billy Miller's hair is so dark! Also, I forgot how much I missed seeing him on my TV screen.

The other dude is no Billy. Maybe if he dyes his hair blond. Maybe....

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 4

Jason Thompson has acting chops.  Is he Billy Abbott? Not in my opinion, but then neither is BJ, who seems like Grandpa Billy to me.  I think he was a horrible recast and in so doing, changed the Billy Abbott character forever, which is too bad.  I eventually liked the actor's take on things and his quips, especially as relates to Pricktor, but nothing else about him was Billy.  BJ has absolutely no vulnerability, which was a big part of Billy, I think.  I have no idea if JT can make this work but he can't be any worse than BJ in the role, and at least it makes him seem younger, as he should be.  This week, I thought Billy looked older than Ash!

And was there really any chemistry between AH and BJ?  Maybe there will be with JT.

• Love 10

this is the instagram link to the promo for next week

https://www.instagram.com/p/-43Xi9jnN3/

it's sad FOR ME to see sharon so happy because i know that heartbreak is just around the corner.

LOL at santa paul.

faith is adorable singing to her cousin..

ALSO next week

12/9,  Adam confides his secret to Jack.

i am thinking that adam tells jack he is christian's daddy and not nick.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 5

Dear Jason Thompson,

Chuck Pratt will be writing for your character. Please re-examine your life choices.

Regards,

N.P.

If he thought being paired up with Stiletto Sam was bad, just wait till he meets Snorboria.

• Love 9

12316594_981662415222691_792739855286617

Jess Walton posted this on her FB of filming this week. She said she has been working with the Newmans and Abbotts and particularly these two. It has already been spoiled that during Abby and Stitch's wedding that something bad happens to Billy. Looks like John comes to comfort his family in their time of need. 

• Love 7

Jess Walton posted this on her FB of filming this week. She said she has been working with the Newmans and Abbotts and particularly these two. It has already been spoiled that during Abby and Stitch's wedding that something bad happens to Billy. Looks like John comes to comfort his family in their time of need. 

They'll need John's support when Billy wakes up hipster skinny, pug-nosed, bug-eyed, and dark-haired, resembling a sardonic evil Howdy Doody doll.  

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Love 16

They ruined Patrick's character for this awful relationship with Sam. I used to love his hate of Jason & Sonny. Will be interesting to see them interact, Dylan's so boring and Billy will be a lot more meaty of a role. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Went to Jess's Twitter. Looks like this was deleted. Lol. Thanks for grabbing it Twisted. Nice to see these two.
  • Love 2

They ruined Patrick's character for this awful relationship with Sam. I used to love his hate of Jason & Sonny. Will be interesting to see them interact, Dylan's so boring and Billy will be a lot more meaty of a role. 

I am curious to see him opposite EB. 

I think the main reason they really kicked off Billy vs Victor again was because they knew JT was coming in and they want to make them rivals again. That was their things with BM in the role too and it hasn't really worked since then. 

• Love 4

Any actor playing a character who goes up against EB's Victor Newman has to know at the get-go that he is going to be a loser.  Y&R supports, cushions, holds up, and cherishes Victor at the expense of all other characters. 

I am not looking forward to seeing Jason Thompson's Billy Abbott play against AH"s Victoria Newman.  Victoria is such a black hole sucking up and obliterating any joy anyone around her has. When will JT make his first appearance?   

• Love 8

I am curious to see him opposite EB.

I'm so sick of him being the "guy" on Y&R. Wish he would fucking retire already. Victor knows everything, divines everything (even from a "look" -- such as Adam at CAN's memorial), wins everything (including physical altercations with fit strong much younger men -- Adam, Neil etc.) and everyone fawns over him. If someone wrongs him (or even if they don't) he gets scenes of punching them out, yelling at them, destroying them. But if he fucks up he rarely gets called out and when he does it's muted and/or he waves his hand and says he was justified.

And his sleepy, staring-at-his-phone-or-yelling-like-a-demon-or-sickly-sweet-with-his-countless-grandchildren method of acting is not entertaining any more. I was someone who saw and respected EB's place on this show but no more. If he can't fade to the background or in stories that involve him LOSING he needs to fucking go.

I also absolutely no longer want him to be the barometer of whether newbies can "handle" their roles.

He gets everything. Even a touching moment with Faith post-CAN's presumed death. WTF couldn't MTS have had that scene? ugh.

In other words, I hope nunununuBilly can have a life beyond Victor. I hope the whole show can.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 16

I agree up to a point.  This show has so many problems, especially the writing, I think EB and TGVN are the least of them.

I see the two as tied. Since Bill Bell left, Victor Newman has become more and more overblown and more and more the cog in the wheel that is the show. The show had balance before and Victor was a character among others. Bell was the only one who had power over EB IMO. It's gotten worse with each writing regime because the HWs know they are expendable and no one seems to believe EB is expendable. There's often talk that no one of the 30ish, 40-ish age bracket makes a dent on this show as leading man, but the fact is because EB must come out on top every other male potential lead is made to look weak and/or stupid.

I don't really believe EB sits down the HW and says "This is what I want." But ensuring EB is happy in how Victor is portrayed seems to be a requisite for the position, at least based on what I see on my screen. And he's made it clear in interview after interview that he has a prehistoric notion of male power and dominance. I think ensuring Victor comes out the clear winner by every conceivable measure of a man is a central problem with every single dynamic on the show that involves Newmans (which is 90 per cent of all relationships and 98.9% of all relationships that are front-burner).

• Love 11

I agree up to a point.  This show has so many problems, especially the writing, I think EB and TGVN are the least of them.

ITA that the writing is a HUGE problem but ,IMO and I know MMV, it's that the writing consists of the constant asskissing of Victor/EB which is one of the causes of the shitastic writing. Victor always wins, gets the last word, commits crimes which are handwaved away, roughs people up etc. There is no balance. Victor has a toe in just about every single storyline which is asinine. I'm sick of seeing him every day smirking at everyone as if his shit doesn't stink. The other characters are dumbed down to make Victor the smartest man in the room which is insulting to the viewers, the history of the show and to the actors playing these characters. 

• Love 14
CP vows "the scales are going to tip" in the decades long battle between Victor and Jack and compares the whole thing to the fall of the Roman Empire. He implies Victor's downfall will come from inside his circle/company/or even within his own shriveled soul (whatever "within" means to CP in this context). He then wonders what Victor might do if he loses all and must climb back up again?

This is from Soaps In Depth 2016 teasers via soapcentral.com's message board.

So Jack will finally win? I'll still believe it only when I see it. Fall of the Roman Empire my ass. Fall of the decrepit crumbling outhouse.

• Love 11

So spoilers indicate Jack hires Michael and tells him about Marco this week. Apparently Phyllis is pissed Jack wants to go public about Marco (????) thereby making her "humiliation" public. (I'm getting these spoilers via tweets and SOC by the way -- they are SOD). So now rape is "her humiliation." The misogyny train continues.  

Once again throw character out the window to create angst -- this time in the Phack marriage. IMO this is what will happen re: Phyllis: As she and Jack grow apart over this, she is going to hook up with Billy in a moment of anger (and probably inebriation) thereby giving both Phack and Villy some story because as couples neither has any -- that would be because Pratt can't write for couples. (Or much else, but especially couples). I hope that's all it is and not some long-term Billy pairing up with his sister-in-law. Because you all know my head will in fact explode if Jack finally kicks Victor's ass only to lose his wife to his idiot nununununununuLittleBrother.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8

Comparing Prictor's downfall to the collapse of the Roman Empire is a bit dramatic and makes me think Pratt is full of shit, as usual. 

Well , it took about 300 years for the Roman Empire to fall so it had better not take THAT damned long for Vic to hit the skids. Most definitely Pratt is full of shit. This will fizzle out just like everything else has.

• Love 6

ok, i been reading in a few different places that billy and phyl are going to bump uglies soon.

shall we start taking bets on how soon/when?

i will say before christmas.

oh, and i guess it comes out about sandy soon cause sharon has to have a dna test done and it turns out she doesn't share any dna with sullyCAN.  not looking foreward to that part at all but as long as she is not accused of stealing him that somewhat makes me feel better about it.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 1

ok, i been reading in a few different places that billy and phyl are going to bump uglies soon.

shall we start taking bets on how soon/when?

i will say before christmas.

oh, and i guess it comes out about sandy soon cause sharon has to have a dna test done and it turns out she doesn't share any dna with sullyCAN.  not looking foreward to that part at all but as long as she is not accused of stealing him that somewhat makes me feel better about it.

Hopefully Sharon won't keep quiet about it for ten seconds or more. If she does all of it will be her fault. RME.

It seems obvious to me that Phyllis and Billy are going to get it on (ugh, gag, vomit). I get it's a soap and affairs are standard fare but this is so badly contrived. Anyways, I'm guessing it will be pre-Christmas as well. Pratt moves at lightning speed. Phyllis is now feeling betrayed by Jack (RME again) even though she already went behind his back with his idiot brother to fuck things up. Billy is drinking constantly and getting dumped on by Victoria and his family. They'll continue to bond (as they have begun to do) in his suite one night over their poor me woes and suddenly have sex. My guess is they'll both try to keep it a secret (Pratt loves secrets) to save their respective marriages. And JT will come into this drama and the show will revolve around him.

• Love 6

And was there really any chemistry between AH and BJ?  Maybe there will be with JT.

I'm honestly fine with them not revisiting Bictoria. This is the third recast in two years and the pairing was already on life support before Billy Miller left the role.

I would've liked a revisit of Vikki and Kneel before one flew over his cookoo's nest, but now I wouldn't wish that insanity on any woman, not even a Newman or Sage.

• Love 2

I really really really really hope Phyllis and Billy don't hump. Like, I would rather watch the Lily/Cane/Joe, Marisa/Joe 2.0, and Nick/Sage/Dylan/Sharon stories AND Cockroach for 30 episodes straight than see Phyllis and Billy have sex. Just stop it. 

I really really really really hope Phyllis and Billy don't hump. Like, I would rather watch the Lily/Cane/Joe, Marisa/Joe 2.0, and Nick/Sage/Dylan/Sharon stories AND Cockroach for 30 episodes straight than see Phyllis and Billy have sex. Just stop it. 

• Love 5

It is absolutely worth repeating! ;)

I hope they don't as well. But Pratt isn't subtle and the anvils are falling. But I do think it will be a one-off rather than a recoupling. Phack and Villy are couples this regime seems determined to support. As soon as Pratt came on board Stitch and Vicki went kaput and her baby was declared Billy's. There is no way they won't give JT a try with AH. Pratt lurves Abbott vs Newman and Kyle and Summer are a bust so...

• Love 5

There's some pictures of the actor who played Ricky hanging out with the cast lately.

OMG that'd be great if he came back or did played the REAL son of Paul and Nikki.

There's some pictures of the actor who played Ricky hanging out with the cast lately.

OMG that'd be great if he came back or did played the REAL son of Paul and Nikki.

• Love 4

I'm honestly fine with them not revisiting Bictoria. This is the third recast in two years and the pairing was already on life support before Billy Miller left the role.

I would've liked a revisit of Vikki and Kneel before one flew over his cookoo's nest, but now I wouldn't wish that insanity on any woman, not even a Newman or Sage.

• Love 2

Does anyone know if MM has worked since he left Y&R?

Think this really belongs in another thread (see Media...) but I'll post an answer here from what he's posted on Twitter. 

He's completed 3 movies.  One was last year's ION's Xmas film, Correcting Christmas which has already been repeated this season.  Check your TV guide to see if there are any more airings.  He has done two other movies for theatrical release both of which have been completed but not yet released.  One is a Vegas druggie/prostitution film, The Track .  The other is a big ensemble movie dealing with family turmoil at Thanksgiving, Search Engine which had a preview in October in Southern California, but wasn't released.  It has a big cast headlined by Daphne Zuniga http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4494094/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1 and sounds good to me.  Hopefully it will be released or perhaps it will go to video although the producer said in an interview that would not happen. 

As for TV he came very close to getting something that was being filmed in Montreal, Canada, but this statement from Twitter dated July 23rd probably describes what's been happening to him...

"Feel like I'm disappointing y'al by not jumping on to another good show right away.  I've come very close on a few.  It just takes time."

His Twitter comments are not as frequent as in his days at Y&R but they're all very positive.  He shares pictures of great moments with what means the most to him, his family--his wife Jaime and his 3 children, Dylan, Truman and the beautiful little Ella.  He's had several vacations this year to his family in Texas, the annual trip to Maui and currently he's at Tahoe skiing.  I love this photo he took suggested by one of his Twitter followers and check out one of the rumors in the comments that was posted on December 7th.  , https://twitter.com/michaelmuhney/status/672911023687360513

Edited by dbklmt
  • Love 3

Yea I heard of MM's new movie Search Engines and there's a decent cast, I love Natasha Gregson Wagner and Barry Watson can be funny since he left Seventh Heaven. The plot sounds like something up my alley, a dysfunctional family gathering comedy. The review I read on it was favorable.

• Love 4

Yo, Traci's coming back for a story. I hope it's not for Stitchy.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised since having unprotected sex with an entire family is his thing and she's related to 2 of his exes.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2