Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Jack sets about making peace with Victor - will Victor accept, or will he yank the rug out from under Jack again?

That is a November sweeps teaser.

I won't even bother commenting.

#fuckPratt

• Love 15

I don't blame Pratt, he and PB are good friends and EB was a stranger to him. If Pratt could have have Jack win, I think he would. No matter what the writer or EP it's always the same like it's written in EB's contract that he must always win.

• Love 2

I hope it's not true, but lots of folk out there are saying Burgess Jenkins has been fired, and will be replaced by someone JFP is bringing on board from her old soap.  I've grown to like Burgess in this role....not as much as I enjoyed Billy Miller.....but I think he brings something new to the role and I rather like it.

• Love 5

I'm not sure, but I think it's basically been confirmed that Burgess is out. 

Sounds like he has left of his own volition. Tired of commuting back & forth to the east coast. I wish him well. Couldn't abide him at first but recently he's grown on me. Go figure....seems like they always improve right before they leave.

from Soap Opera Digest:

“It’s been a terrific time, but after a lot of thought I have made the difficult decision to leave The Young and the Restless. Commuting back and forth from the East Coast, where my home and family are based, has been challenging. I’ve had a great ride in Genoa City and I will miss our talented cast and crew tremendously. I would like to thank all of the amazing fans for their support, Jill Farren Phelps [executive producer] and Chuck Pratt [head writer/executive producer] for their excellent leadership, and everyone at Sony and CBS for this opportunity.”

I know they have to praise their former employers...but.... Pratt & JFP.....ARRRGHH!!!!

• Love 5

LOL  and i can see chuckles doing the same thing he did on amc when there was a recast character.

he had the one actress go into a hug with her mom, then when the hug ended, it was a different actress in the role.

he would do it and think he was oh so clever.

• Love 6

If rumors are to be believed, we can expect Jason Thompson (Dr. Patrick  Drake of General Hospital) to show up as the recast for Billy Abbott.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Burgess on General Hospital.

It's now beyond a rumor. On DC's most recent podcast, JG confirmed that his Y&R sources told him that JT will be the new Billy. I think the thing that's being speculated on - based on what those same sources are saying - is whether Billy will undergo surgery to reconstruct his face. Based on what the panels was discussing, it's apparently not been decided, or at least it's not being allowed out of the bag yet. Maybe they're waiting for this and next week's shows to air.

• Love 1
LOL  and i can see chuckles doing the same thing he did on amc when there was a recast character.

he had the one actress go into a hug with her mom, then when the hug ended, it was a different actress in the role.

he would do it and think he was oh so clever.

If ever there's another instance where we have the two Faiths pressed into service due to scheduling conflicts, I'd love to see this!  We could swap actresses back and forth in the same eppy.  Show, are you listening?

I'm really going to miss Burgess Jenkins.  It took me a while to warm up to him in the role, but since the character is supposed to have undergone an emotional maturation, it worked well for me.  I wish him the best, and I hope his next role is as a snarky lawyer on a police procedural - he'd rock it!

• Love 8

It's now beyond a rumor. On DC's most recent podcast, JG confirmed that his Y&R sources told him that JT will be the new Billy. I think the thing that's being speculated on - based on what those same sources are saying - is whether Billy will undergo surgery to reconstruct his face. Based on what the panels was discussing, it's apparently not been decided, or at least it's not being allowed out of the bag yet. Maybe they're waiting for this and next week's shows to air.

I don't see him lasting or fitting the role. I can't even envision him having chemistry with the cast the way other Billys (Billii?) did.

He's kinda a lazy actor and hipsterish. A bit eccentric.

• Love 3

He's kinda a lazy actor and hipsterish. A bit eccentric.

I kind of thought Billy Miller was that way too.  I've never seen this actor in anything.  Meh, I'll give him a chance.  Too bad though, I was just starting to like BJ, though I don't blame him if he wanted off this shit show.

• Love 3

I kind of thought Billy Miller was that way [a lazy actor & hipsterish] too. I've never seen this actor in anything. Meh, I'll give him a chance. Too bad though, I was just starting to like BJ, though I don't blame him if he wanted off this shit show.

Not on this level. I mean for instance this one has ironic tattoos, is skinny, always scruffy, kinda looks perpetually hungover from craft beer, loves Coachella.

I mean whatever. Guess it'll be a new Billy each year and everyone drastically different.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

Clearly, we are not losing four people, even if you count the presumed dead who are not. My favorite spumor was that Billy would get his face burned off in the fire and would need extensive plastic surgery before returning with yet another new face.  Also not happening. Bummer. 

• Love 1

so, i read that next week there will be 2 classic eppy's.

one classic RME will be when nick reflected his past relationships..RME AGAIN..

the other will be the shick's bachelor/bachelorette party..

talk about sticking a knife in the sharon/shick fans back then twisting it...:[

• Love 4

so, i read that next week there will be 2 classic eppy's.

one classic RME will be when nick reflected his past relationships..RME AGAIN..

the other will be the shick's bachelor/bachelorette party..

talk about sticking a knife in the sharon/shick fans back then twisting it...:[

These are bizarre choices. Nick featured in both? WTF? But it occurs to me that they are totally standalone -- story wise. So it makes sense on that level. And they dare not show actual "classic" episodes because the difference in quality between those and today would be enough to push away the remaining "loyal" viewers.

• Love 7

These are bizarre choices. Nick featured in both? WTF? But it occurs to me that they are totally standalone -- story wise. So it makes sense on that level. And they dare not show actual "classic" episodes because the difference in quality between those and today would be enough to push away the remaining "loyal" viewers.

I know what you mean miamama. Anytime I see clips of old episodes, particularly weddings, the Colonade Room, Gina's restaurant and the family gatherings, it depresses me to see how far down in quality the show has gone. It's everything too, the sets, hair, make-up, costumes, direction, dialogue, all of it has taken a real hit.

I still am not watching and I'm sorry to be missing MEK. I stopped watching AMC in the early 90's but I use to love Tad the Cad.

• Love 6

Yes in SOD. Ugh.

Also there's a blind item about a fan favorite coming back ...but not in the manner one would ever expect ....as in returning but not as their previous character.

Do you have a link, Petunia? I can't find anything anywhere confirming Jason Thompson as Billy.
  • Love 1

i believe the blind item that sod posted was for matthew ashfor from days.

they said he was going to be back at days.

MATTHEW ASHFORD BACK TO DAYS, November 30, 2015

As hinted about in the new issue of Digest, Matthew Ashford is indeed returning to DAYS as Jack Deveraux, reports TV Guide.

• Love 1

Do you have a link, Petunia? I can't find anything anywhere confirming Jason Thompson as Billy.

I thought it was SOD?

How are they gonna have Billy go from a tall, blond broad shouldered suit wearing earnest late 40 year old...to a smallish, dark haired, ironic tattooed, 30-something bored hipster?

• Love 5

I thought it was SOD?

How are they gonna have Billy go from a tall, blond broad shouldered suit wearing earnest late 40 year old...to a smallish, dark haired, ironic tattooed, 30-something bored hipster?

So this guy is going to be the new Billy...yeah, great choice.  (I'd insert a sarcasm emoticon but there isn't one big enough for how I feel about Thompson).  

I'm sort of surprised Ferret Phelps and Pratt just didn't go the whole Middle Finger to the Fans routine and recast Billy with that doofus that plays Spinelli.  They're probably saving him for new Chief of Staff position.

I can't WAIT to see the disaster that Thompson will be with MOP.  Snorboria isn't going to know what bit her.

• Love 5

There are two casting calls out for a male body double that seems to be the description of Jason Thompson. My guess it is for when Billy does whatever he does that he gets hurt for. The body double films all this week and next week per the casting. 

I thought it was SOD?

Jason Thompson is taller than Burgess Jenkins. Way taller. 

Edited by TwistedSoul7
  • Love 1