Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, bannana said:

How does that work, does that make him Cuban?

As I understand it, Peter wouldn't have dual citizenship just by being born abroad, especially on an army base the U.S. is in possession of.

I think it's just a bit of wordplay, really, with Vilasuso and Canela both being of Cuban heritage, and Peter being born on the actual island just sort of them all sharing some history with the place?

• Love 10
9 hours ago, boes said:

As I understand it, Peter wouldn't have dual citizenship just by being born abroad, especially on an army base the U.S. is in possession of.

I think it's just a bit of wordplay, really, with Vilasuso and Canela both being of Cuban heritage, and Peter being born on the actual island just sort of them all sharing some history with the place?

Thanks @boes.  Wasn't sure how it works in the US, but I thought it might be a bit out there for someone born at GITMO to be considered Cuban American.  Considering the whole embargo on Cuba.

8 hours ago, miamama said:

yep it's a joke Peter has told over the years. ie "Don't I look Cuban (with my blue eyes and fair hair)? 

Well, that all can happen, lots of fair people born in countries one doesn't expect 😜

• Love 6
12 hours ago, bannana said:

Thanks @boes.  Wasn't sure how it works in the US, but I thought it might be a bit out there for someone born at GITMO to be considered Cuban American.  Considering the whole embargo on Cuba.

Well, that all can happen, lots of fair people born in countries one doesn't expect 😜

A child born to serving military members who are US citizens can be born anywhere in the world and they will be US citizens. (Actually, any person who is a US citizen can just be traveling abroad and give birth elsewhere and their child is considered a US citizen despite being born, say in Rome or Prague, etc.) John McCain was born in Panama City, Panama when his father was serving there (I presume it was during WWII). A child born in the United States in a facility that issues birth certificates is constitutionally a citizen of the US regardless of whether their parent/parents are legal residents or citizens.  The child's parents may not want to become US citizens through the naturalization process, but the child will be a US citizen notwithstanding unless they want to denounce it at some point (presuming their parents were legal citizens of their origin, who would have the right to legally to re-enter their home country).

I take it that PB was born in Cuba near the Guantanamo base there from what folks are asking.

• Love 5

My husband was born in Augsburg, Germany in February, 1948 to an Army Officer and his wife. He had an American Birth Certifcate and a German one that was an attachment. He was born an American citizen and has always been one. 

• Love 6
On 4/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, taavir40 said:

Adam has scenes with Victor,Nikki,Nick,Victoria and Christian that ep
than scenes with Jack
Kyle 
Phyllis 
Sharon
Summer
Lauren
There is also Adam, Kyle, Lola, Sharon and Victor

No mention of Rey and Sharon with the Newmas, I like it.

Could they be casting a new Noah?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Gam2 said:

My husband was born in Augsburg, Germany in February, 1948 to an Army Officer and his wife. He had an American Birth Certifcate and a German one that was an attachment. He was born an American citizen and has always been one. 

One of my son’s friends was born in England, with her father in the US military. The nurse discharging the mother and baby gave the mother the child’s National Health card. The mother sputtered that she didn’t qualify since she was American. The nurse said “you may be but she’s not”. Yes, I know the military kids are US citizens but it shows how some may chose to claim citizenship from another country. Look at Ireland, where if you can show your grandparents (or just one grandparents) were born in Ireland, you could claim Irish citizenship. This is not extended to your children, but you could claim it. (Program May be over by now, idk)

• Love 2

SOD spoilers for the week of the 29th says Nikki uncovers a huge clue about Adam being alive and she tells Nick and Victoria she thinks Adam is back and alive and that Victor has been taking care of Adam all this time and it says that same week that Victor does damage control to keep Adam being alive a secret and he ask Nikki to not tell anyone because Adam has amnesia and doesn't know who anyone is right now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, taavir40 said:

SOD spoilers for the week of the 29th says Nikki uncovers a huge clue about Adam being alive and she tells Nick and Victoria she thinks Adam is back and alive and that Victor has been taking care of Adam all this time and it says that same week that Victor does damage control to keep Adam being alive a secret and he ask Nikki to not tell anyone because Adam has amnesia and doesn't know who anyone is right now.

I'm okay with the amnesia story, it's the most plausible. After all, Adam wouldn't just let Nick walk into his wife and son's lives and take his place if his mind and memory was alright. One thing, tho: How does Victor know that his son is alive? There was no sign on air that would indicate this possibility or that Victor is even investigating this.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 3

How does Victor know that his son is alive? 

Perhaps Adam was found wandering senseless and wounded and the cops took a DNA sample. Prick's been arrested so many times I'm sure his genetic material is in all the data bases.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

When Adam returned last time, he had no clue that he was still alive.

that's because herb found him almost dead then kept him confined to bed after his plastic surgery and he looked like and was called gabriel bingham.

reliving #sageisdeadparty

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, taavir40 said:

im just wondering how long adams memory will be out? A year,A few weeks

hmmm, let's see..

turd will bring him back to gc to finish his recovery, he will wonder into cl for coffee, spot sharon behind the counter and it will all come rushing back to him...🤣🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

hmmm, let's see..

turd will bring him back to gc to finish his recovery, he will wonder into cl for coffee, spot sharon behind the counter and it will all come rushing back to him...🤣🤣

That's exactly how I picture it.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i was just trying to be funny...

the last thing on earth i want is a sharon and adam redux.

I don't really care one way or another. They'll chem test the new actor with every woman on the show, from Dina all the way down to Katie.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

Makes sense to have Adam have amnesia as it allows for nuAdam to play interactions with everyone as if he doesn't know them and the audience isn't to expect the same kind of chemistry with any of the actors. For all intents this Adam's slate is 'clean' and while everyone will remember all the shit he did, it's hard to actively hate him when he doesn't remember what he did to anyone. It also allows his to forge new relationships and reforge relationships with people in new ways (yep, we'll get him tested with Phyllis now for sure). Now the thing is at some point will we find out Adam's memories have come back but he continued faking with everyone because it was easier?

But if they were to do something like Chelsea and Connor died and Adam underwent traumatic amnesia as a result, then when the truth does come back to him it should be obvious and devastating (allowing nuAdam to show his acting chops) and it'll also light a fire under Adam to reclaim his one living child - Christian- which will launch the new feud between Nick and Adam until Chelsea and Connor are found alive and we learn Chelsea faked her death as she couldn't keep living on the run with Connor and wanted to be free but now she realizes her mistake and so on....

All this is to say that the writers are cheating a lil' bit by giving the actor space and time to play Adam with a soft launch and they all see what he can do/handle and then go in for the real coming in hot rebirth/return of Adam Newman.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Makes sense to have Adam have amnesia as it allows for nuAdam to play interactions with everyone as if he doesn't know them and the audience isn't to expect the same kind of chemistry with any of the actors. For all intents this Adam's slate is 'clean' and while everyone will remember all the shit he did, it's hard to actively hate him when he doesn't remember what he did to anyone. It also allows his to forge new relationships and reforge relationships with people in new ways (yep, we'll get him tested with Phyllis now for sure). Now the thing is at some point will we find out Adam's memories have come back but he continued faking with everyone because it was easier?

But if they were to do something like Chelsea and Connor died and Adam underwent traumatic amnesia as a result, then when the truth does come back to him it should be obvious and devastating (allowing nuAdam to show his acting chops) and it'll also light a fire under Adam to reclaim his one living child - Christian- which will launch the new feud between Nick and Adam until Chelsea and Connor are found alive and we learn Chelsea faked her death as she couldn't keep living on the run with Connor and wanted to be free but now she realizes her mistake and so on....

All this is to say that the writers are cheating a lil' bit by giving the actor space and time to play Adam with a soft launch and they all see what he can do/handle and then go in for the real coming in hot rebirth/return of Adam Newman.

like the gabriel bingham stuff. Justin hartley technically played Adam when he was by himself or with chelsea or jack for all of 2015. I Even caught myself calling him gabe all the time. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't really care one way or another. They'll chem test the new actor with every woman on the show except Ana and Elena, from Dina all the way down to Katie.

Fixed that for you. 

I think it comes down to how they'll introduce Adam's new portray-er and hence, new face. If they'll write yet another plastic surgery or if they'll just go with "The role of Adam is now being played by". If it's the first, Adam could just fly under the radar as a virtual stranger for how long he pleases (even after he figures out who he is). But i'm thinking it's the second option, hence Victor's secrecy.

Personally, I think this amnesia story is very convenient for the writers, it buys them time, they don't have to worry about Chelsea right now. So once they bring MCE back on board or just recast the role, I think they'll snap him out of it.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

I think it comes down to how they'll introduce Adam's new portray-er and hence, new face. If they'll write yet another plastic surgery or if they'll just go with "The role of Adam is now being played by". If it's the first, Adam could just fly under the radar as a virtual stranger for how long he pleases (even after he figures out who he is). But i'm thinking it's the second option, hence Victor's secrecy.

Personally, I think this amnesia story is very convenient for the writers, it buys them time, they don't have to worry about Chelsea right now. So once they bring MCE back on board or just recast the role, I think they'll snap him out of it.

I could do without the Chelsea character altogether.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, peacheslatour said:

I could do without the Chelsea character altogether.

I'm in agreement with ya. I never liked that character and I was glad she left in ignominy. I've read on social media sites that they're recasting the character, but I don't know if that's officially been announced or if they're really going to do that.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, taavir40 said:

D43N8nKW0AE6S3y.jpeg.jpg

Obviously, somebody absconds with his favorite banana thong, his jar of Ol' Hammertoe's toenail clippings AND his blow-up doll collection.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Aaron Newton said:

Man, these Neil episodes are gonna be gut-wrenching... No point in trying to watch today's episode with dry eyes. Trust me, I'm a guy and I couldn't do it.

I couldn't do it at all. I started crying five minutes in.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I couldn't do it at all. I started crying five minutes in.

I was sitting at my desk at work crying over recaps! I am going to be sobbing when I watch.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Week after next: - Devon oversteps with Elena. - Mariah defends Tessa. - Victor delivers shocking news. - Paul confronts Mia.

So victor does know Adam's alive hmmmm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Victor delivers shocking news.

3 hours ago, taavir40 said:

So victor does know Adam's alive hmmmm.

The real shocking news would be if Victor is actually alive. 😉

• LOL 21
  • Love 3
On 4/16/2019 at 4:33 AM, boes said:

Being on a U.S. military base would be considered “being on U.S. soil”, so, technically, any children borne of serving members are considered the same as “American born”. This applies for any U.S. military installation, or embassy.

Cuba would most definitely not have conferred citizenship upon American children who were born on the island. After all, Cuba did not gift the Gitmo land to the U.S., and weren’t at all happy about an armed, enemy power “squatting” in their country.

When my daughter served there some time ago, she said if she had left the base, there were Cuban military police stationed outside who would have shot her.

Edited by AxellaJ
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Josh Griffith told CBS Soaps In Depth that when Adam is discovered in Nevada, there will be many questions from the Newman family.  It will be Nick Newman’s (Joshua Morrow) worst nightmare as he never thought he’d see his brother.The fact that Adam is alive will bring the  Newman family a level of shock.  They will not understand how he could survive the explosion and may even suggest that he is an imposter.  They will jump to the conclusion that he is after Victor’s money and try to con him. The truth will stun them.  He isn’t after anyone’s money. He wants to claim his son andreunite with his family

Edited by taavir40
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3