Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

it is the name of the "animated trees" in some movie.  they can walk and can be evil and their limbs can act as arms.

can't remember if it is from some Disney cartoon or what, does anyone know.

You don't mean these, do you?

as the mean tree says, How would you like it if somebody picked an apple off of YOU?!

wizard%20oz.gif

This put me off apples for a long time as a kid.

• Love 6

I love the actress but Holy Fuck. Patty Williams is coming back to GC.

That's just what Pratt thinks we need. More "crazy". 

Meanwhile, nothing could be further from the truth.

Like you, I love Stacy, but man...How will TPTB handle this? Will she be completely rehabilitated?

I can't believe I'm curious. I shouldn't even care!

• Love 4

They were casting out for a 20 something guy from a Kennedy type family, wealthy and urbane named something that's not Kyle Abbott but that's who it is for. They need someone to Prop the Pet - Dummer romantically I'm sure.

• Love 1

They were casting out for a 20 something guy from a Kennedy type family, wealthy and urbane named something that's not Kyle Abbott but that's who it is for. They need someone to Prop the Pet - Dummer romantically I'm sure.

That casting notice is way old though. From Dec 2014. That was for LB, who they cast as Kyle.

• Love 4

SID Spoilers

Hilary and Devon's wedding starts next week. Devon is wrecked with guilt over his hooker sex. Will he confess?

Abby is finally realizing that Stitch doesn't take her seriously. He is spending all his time with Ashley instead.

Phyllis is jealous of Marisa and Jack's new bond. 

Adam tells Chelsea more of how he became Gabriel Bingham

Victor confesses the family threat to Victoria

Summer learns something about the murders

• Love 2

- Victor's moustache becomes self-aware, crawls up his nose, and befriends the rabid tasmanian devil between his ears.

- Scientists learn that Nick is the missing link. After further study, it is determined that he should stay missing.

- Kyle is brutally mauled in the Newman/Abbott parking garage. Peck marks on the patient and smears of pink paint lead Officer Dylan to a pink flamingo posse hell-bent on ending gnomic dominance of the lawn ornament market.

- Summer proudly displays her new degree to Phyllis and Jack. Jack weeps softly on the inside as his stepdaughter produces a can of deodorant.

- Sage names her newly invented cocktail Gabe Is Your Brother Adam and the Baby is His. Nick giggles over the word cocktail and compliments Sage on her cleverness.

- Stitch removes Ashley's dignity gland via a groundbreaking surgical procedure in which his penile tool is inserted through her vagina. The operation is sadly successful.

- Kevin and Mariah discover the truth about the Paragon Project. Nikki developed the intricate scheme to keep Victor occupied so that he wouldn't bother her for depraved sexual favors, including but not limited to wearing a Jack mask in the sack.

*spoilers from pulledoutofmyass.com

• Love 19

- Victor's moustache becomes self-aware, crawls up his nose, and befriends the rabid tasmanian devil between his ears.

- Scientists learn that Nick is the missing link. After further study, it is determined that he should stay missing.

- Kyle is brutally mauled in the Newman/Abbott parking garage. Peck marks on the patient and smears of pink paint lead Officer Dylan to a pink flamingo posse hell-bent on ending gnomic dominance of the lawn ornament market.

- Summer proudly displays her new degree to Phyllis and Jack. Jack weeps softly on the inside as his stepdaughter produces a can of deodorant.

- Sage names her newly invented cocktail Gabe Is Your Brother Adam and the Baby is His. Nick giggles over the word cocktail and compliments Sage on her cleverness.

- Stitch removes Ashley's dignity gland via a groundbreaking surgical procedure in which his penile tool is inserted through her vagina. The operation is sadly successful.

- Kevin and Mariah discover the truth about the Paragon Project. Nikki developed the intricate scheme to keep Victor occupied so that he wouldn't bother her for depraved sexual favors, including but not limited to wearing a Jack mask in the sack.

Finally, the show is looking up!

I'm assuming that Stitch has to remove Sage's dignity gland through her feet?  As for his penile tool, she won't feel a thing.  Truly.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

SID Spoilers

Abby is finally realizing that Stitch doesn't take her seriously. He is spending all his time with Ashley instead.

If she wants to be taken seriously, perhaps she could consider removing words like "skank," "ho," "scum" and "strumpet" (whatever the hell THAT is) from her vocabulary.

- Sage names her newly invented cocktail Gabe Is Your Brother Adam and the Baby is His.

Thanks a lot...you just made me exclaim "HA!" at work, risking my getting caught not working :)
  • Love 6

OMG. This is spectacular. Ninja: Can you do these weekly? Your ass is much much more clever than Y&R writers.

Sage names her newly invented cocktail Gabe Is Your Brother Adam and the Baby is His. Nick giggles over the word cocktail and compliments Sage on her cleverness.

Kevin and Mariah discover the truth about the Paragon Project. Nikki developed the intricate scheme to keep Victor occupied so that he wouldn't bother her for depraved sexual favors, including but not limited to wearing a Jack mask in the sack.

These two items....Oh god. 

• Love 7

If she wants to be taken seriously, perhaps she could consider removing words like "skank," "ho," "scum" and "strumpet" (whatever the hell THAT is) from her vocabulary.

Fustian comment! Yon Strumpet refers to a lady of low morals and soiled reputation oft used by Abigail Longshanks.

• Love 5

CASTING NEWS

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-yr-casts-new-role-1

Miles Gaston Villanueva has been cast in the role of Luca Santori, who is described as "strong-willed, confident and charismatic” on Y&R. Villanueva previously appeared on the soap in September 2013 as Father Martin, who helped Nikki and Paul in the search for her long-lost child. The actor has also had a short run on DAYS as Russ and has credits that include MELISSA & JOEY, NCIS and BONES. Luca will make his Genoa City debut on September 16.

CASTING NEWS

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-yr-casts-new-role-1

Miles Gaston Villanueva has been cast in the role of Luca Santori, who is described as "strong-willed, confident and charismatic” on Y&R. Villanueva previously appeared on the soap in September 2013 as Father Martin, who helped Nikki and Paul in the search for her long-lost child. The actor has also had a short run on DAYS as Russ and has credits that include MELISSA & JOEY, NCIS and BONES. Luca will make his Genoa City debut on September 16.

I like him already!!!

I thought this new character was supposed to be a well-to-do of Spanish blood/descent/whatever.  What the hell is this with all the Italian names for South American natives.

No clue but the actors said on twitter that Luca is a prince, so he is royalty apparently.

I thought this new character was supposed to be a well-to-do of Spanish blood/descent/whatever.  What the hell is this with all the Italian names for South American natives.

I dunno, is Keemo really a Korean name?  Or was it Vietnamese?  How did Jack meet Keemo's mom?

I dunno, is Keemo really a Korean name?  Or was it Vietnamese?  How did Jack meet Keemo's mom?

Nah, Keemo is Native American, perhaps the Ute dialect, for "Guy who rides with straight dude in white hat." And his last name is Sabe, as in ?Quien sabe?

I think we had a chaw on this a while ago. For decades, I've had Vietnamese students, and trust me, that ain't a Vietnamese name--think of monosyllables like Tran, Bao, Dinh, and so on. Including the ever-popular Phuc... Also had/have gazillions of Korean-Canadian students [who don't use their Korean first names usually]--typical male names would be two syllables, but nothing like Keemo, for sure--instead, Ji-hoon, Minjoon, and so on.

I was taking a hiatus at that point, but I believed Jack was supposed to have been in Vietnam. Who knows? Maybe he got lost in Utah or Arizona.

Keemo has the same level of plausibility as does a Hispanic prince of Italian extraction landing in Wisconsin. Or as Chelsea's notion of French food in PARIS FRANCE [as opposed to Paris Ontario, maybe?]--she mentioned croissants and, I quote, "the real French fries." Worldly, that girl.

• Love 7

Cricket actually went to Vietnam (I am not making this up) to FIND KEEMO. I think they had scenes in some jungle. God I'm embarrassed typing this.

There was a woman, Luan, and her daughter, Mai (that sounds authentic as a name, no?) who had a restaurant in GC. Somehow Cricket came to know her and I don't know figured Jack had an affair with her when he was serving in Vietnam. Blah blah. Keemo had to be found. So Cricket went and found him.

Stupid story from the get-go. I remember Jack saying to Cricket "I don't like people knowing I served." huh? That was Bill Bell's nod to retconned bullshit.

Keemo went from "I hate AMERICA, AMERICANS AND MY AMERICAN FATHER" to wearing a suit and working at Jabot in a matter of weeks.

• Love 5

My favorite part was the cheesetastic montage of Cricket and Paul chasing Keemo through Ho Chi Minh City as he stole food to survive. "Can't Find My Way Home" played in the background. Ten minutes later, Keemo was a fully educated chemist working in the Jabot lab. Philip Moon was all kinds of hot, but still hard to stomach that much Super Cricket in one sitting.   

Edited by Baussie
  • Love 3

This is what I remember, too.  I think Peter Bergman didn't like the story, or something like that - anyhow, they killed off his wife sometime later, after that really pretty wedding.

Yes. He talked about how he found it out of character how sappy Jack was with Luan (while he was at work ripping Jill et al to pieces). But to his credit he didn't say a word then. It was years and years later (after Bill Bell died I believe) that he said he hated it.

• Love 5

My favorite part was the cheesetastic montage of Cricket and Paul chasing Keemo through Ho Chi Minh City as he stole food to survive. "Can't Find My Way Home" played in the background. Ten minutes later, Keemo was a fully educated chemist working in the Jabot lab. Philip Moon was all kinds of hot, but still hard to stomach that much Super Cricket in one sitting.   

I think I had a Keemo sighting on Season 2 of True Detective!  And now back to our show!

• Love 1

-Detective Harding takes the rap for the cabin murders to protect the true killer, his pet rabbit, Cornelius Pranceyfoot. The normally docile bunny snapped after being repurposed as a drug mule by Marco. Turns out that rabbits don't like having cocaine packets shoved up their anus.

-Sage rents a billboard, a skywriting plane, and a mariachi band to tell the world she's pregnant. Awkward silences and the uncomfortable shuffling of feet occur as she runs up to total strangers and demands they touch her belly. "At least she's not a nutter like Sharon," Nick says lovingly as police stealthily approach Sage with a tranquilizer gun.

-Nick asks Lily to plan his and Sage's wedding. Because Gabe tricked him into signing a contract that stipulates he be paid in bananas, Nick tells Lily to charge the event to nature's credit card. He's got a platinum Baby Batter card in his pocket and the interest rate is zero, sweetcheeks.

-After flirting with Stitch, Ashley discovers that her ladyparts are peppered with hives. Will she heed the warning?

-Summer stumbles across shocking information that rocks her world. The middle finger is the longest finger on BOTH hands. How will this affect her rocky romance with Kyle?

- As things get hot and heavy with Marisa, Noah decides to trade his race car bed in for a twin sized lover's paradise. He may regret his hasty decision when the lack of safety rails leads to a sprained testicle.

-Victor feels lost without Nikki and ponders the unthinkable, resurrecting one of his long dead lovers to make his bone groan. Catherine the Great and Medusa both tell him to get bent.

-Adam and Chelsea commit the ultimate fashion faux pas by wearing their "I'm With Stupid" t-shirts the same day.

*spoilers taken from pulledoutofmyass.com

• Love 11

Got these from SOC board.

This is summary from this week's SOD:

CP explains that Harding is the murderer because if it was Marco, Victor would be "indirectly responsible" for the murders.

Kevin hopes he's wrong about Harding

Meanwhile, Marco looks for a way to resume Jack's life... and Jack's wife

Harding hopes to get out from under all of this without anyone knowing what he did - but it won't work out like that according to CP

CP hints that Marco might have motive to expose Harding to Jack and Victor

In Chancellor Park, Noah and Marisa encounter Jack

Marisa suddenly realizes it's not Jack

Marisa worries about this and figures out Marco is using the Abbott cabin as his lair; and decides to trick Marco into leaving town

She heads up there and asks Marco to run away with her; he turns her down

Marisa stealthily calls Jack and tells him she and Marco are at the cabin

Marco is shocked when a very angry Jack Abbott bursts into the cabin

Sofia Pernas (Marisa) reveals that the confrontation "is going to get crazy"

Mattie makes Cane feel bad when she asks him if he loves Mommy

Cane notices that Charlie is sad, too

Cane tells Lily he's worried about the kids, announces he's forgiven her, and suggests they reconcile

Lily wants to know if Cane really means it because she doesn't want half measures

M - the wedding goes in a surprising direction

T - Nikki is confronted by Phyllis

W - Victor surprises the Newmans

Th - Noah goes after justice for poor Courtney

F - Showdown time - CP describes it as "an explosion of truth and misunderstanding"

And there it is folks. Pratt is really really stupid and the show is being brought to its knees to save Victor. And it's pointless: In what universe is Victor NOT responsible for all the deaths?????????? 

Looking forward to split screen Peter Bergman. Glad Marisa is there and not, say, whiny Summer. 

• Love 14

If Victor is responsible for Marco being in Genoa City, and Marco is responsible for corrupting Harding, then Victor set in motion the events that killed Austin, Courtney, and Tobias. If Victor had never brought Marco to town to replace Jack, those three people would most likely still be alive. Why, it's almost as if Pratt has contempt for our intelligence, our logic, and our short-term memory. The feeling is, of course, mutual.

• Love 14

I'm going back after I write this to read your other spoilers. I had to pause though. I'm having a hard time processing the following:

Got these from SOC board.

This is summary from this week's SOD:

CP explains that Harding is the murderer because if it was Marco, Victor would be "indirectly responsible" for the murders.

baby-gifconfused-gifidkgood-luck-charlie

What would be so bloody terrible about Victor actually being responsible for the GC's recent murders? Oh. Lemme guess...Is it the idea of actually MAKING HIM PAY FOR SOMETHING?!?!

Historically speaking, Victor's always gotten away with everything. People are used to it--yes. However, that doesn't mean that we're happy about it. I sure as hell am not.  

To think that Pratt's ruined Our Husband for nothing. NOTHING!!!!!

*woosah*

Let me go back and read the rest of your post.

ETA: miamama, you mentioned the silver lining in all of this--Jack vs Marco. I can't wait!

On the other hand I'm loathing the idea of watching Cane go back to Lily, simply because their children made him feel guilty. Ugh.  

NinjaPenguins, I cosign your whole post. Everyone knows who brought Marco to GC. #PrattFails

Edited by C76
  • Love 15

In order to  save EB from being indirectly responsible for murder CP decides show needs to pin the crimes on another culprit, aka Harding. 

Wait, what??

Grampire uses his vast resources to hunt down a doppelganger of his nemesis; he then facilitates the escape of this felonious madman and perpetrates  a huge fraud by having him impersonate his nemesis so he can take over his company and allows his thrall all the other spoils of his enemy to include his home, his fortune and his wife.

The psychotic impersonator then enthralls an underpaid cop to help facilitate the fraud. An unfortunate series of events leads to 3 murders perpetrated by the under-thrall while he's supporting the agenda of his Masters. The Evil Dark Lord Victor is still connected by the dots.

Victor was convinced Marco was running around committing these murders - he said something to him about it more than once. Did he ever go to the police? Did he try to warn his surviving family members in the Scooby Gang? Did he hint to Phyllis or anyone else in his thrall's orbit that Phack could be dangerous? Did he attempt to help the framed Sharon in any way? No, no, no and no. He just sat back and let the cards fall where they may. He didn't even hire security back then when his granddaughter's husband was murdered or when his grandson's bride was murdered! Oh, but he has now that the real Jaggabit is back in town (you know because he doesn't really give a rat's ass; it's all for the dog and pony show).

I don't see how Harding's involvement by acting as Trigger Man makes Victor any less culpable and I'm not certain a jury would disagree. At the very least he's still guilty of major financial crimes and blackmail that would put him away for a very long time.

This was some very sloppy writing for an easy exit to a convoluted s/l. If you can't wrap up multi-fingered plots in better packaging stick with simpler fare. 

• Love 16

Victor didn't rape Phyllis, he just kinda held her down for Marco.

Still makes him guilty. Then toss in the Kelly fiasco on top of things and he'd spend the rest of his life in prison. He should get the chair just for chuckling about Jack being on that ship.

• Love 10

Yeah, it's a gross miscalculation on Pratt's part.

Two things he believed that are untrue:

1. the audience is stupid enough to think Harding killing people (albeit reluctantly) absolves Victor.

and

2. the audience is made up of Victor fangurls (a la GH Sonny Corinthos stans who forgive anything because dimples ) who just want to see him onscreen ALL THE TIME at the expense of EVERYONE else on canvas.

• Love 17

I thought this new character was supposed to be a well-to-do of Spanish blood/descent/whatever. What the hell is this with all the Italian names for South American natives.

No clue but the actors said on twitter that Luca is a prince, so he is royalty apparently.

I asked him a couple wks ago and he sent me a picture of an alien and emoticon pointing to the sky.

• Love 6

At the very least he's still guilty of major financial crimes and blackmail that would put him away for a very long time.

At the very least. At the very worst, he's a co-conspirator to murder, because the man he broke out of prison and his sidekick killed three people after he broke this guy out of prison.

I'm just wondering if it ever gave Pratt a moment's pause when those two guys in New York broke out of the pen a couple of months ago?  Might he have actually been brought up by the short hairs to learn that the woman and others who facilitated their escape would be hunted down and prosecuted for greasing their skids? Seems unlikely. I actually think that interview had a lot to do with that actual prison break, because he sure was tap dancing furiously around trying to make Victor look less guilty of committing the original outrage of loosing a contained psychopath on the world in his most recent twisted scheme.

• Love 10

Take with a grain of salt but just read on two different boards that Sharon confronts Mariah and Summer on the 21st of this month and suffers a miscarriage but hides it from Dylan. So if this is true then I guess she will be the SICK babynapper.I don't see how she can fake a pregnancy from her sleeping partner for 6-7 months but I'm sure Pratt can write it to where it's amazingly believable! (snark) The confronting Mariah and Summer on the 21st  part is an actual spoiler but the miscarriage part is supposedly by a fan that did a set tour (insert eye roll here) and they revealed also that Abby will be preggers with Stitch's baby. Don't shoot me I am only the messenger of stupid news! LOL And since it involves Sharon I am sure it will most likely be 100 percent true!

• Love 3

How do we know it's not just ANOTHER NIGHTMARE that sharon has.

seems like anything really dramatic that happens is usually a dream or nightmare, then the person wakes up.

they may not have filmed the waking up part cause everything is shot way out of sequence..

unless they really are going to make dylan stupid and not realize that sharon isn't pregnant anymore, especially when they have sex.

however, i am most likely wrong, as usual..

and pratt is an asshole of the biggest kind.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 4

How do we know it's not just ANOTHER NIGHTMARE that sharon has.

seems like anything really dramatic that happens is usually a dream or nightmare, then the person wakes up.

they may not have filmed the waking up part cause everything is shot way out of sequence..

unless they really are going to make dylan stupid and not realize that sharon isn't pregnant anymore, especially when they have sex.

however, i am most likely wrong, as usual..

and pratt is an asshole of the biggest kind.

Valley I sure hope it is all a nightmare but I'm afraid that the Jamey Giddens (spelling?) interview will really happen.I just don't trust Pratt and Sharon has been acting normal for a few months now so maybe he figures it's time for Crazy Sharon you know the one he finds so interesting? UGH! I just wish they would reverse this bipolar crap that's hanging over her head and get her back to the early days Sharon!!

• Love 1

Sharon will have to drive story since no one else in that quad is worth watching (Sage, Nick or Dylan). I fear it will be bad. Pregnancies at the same time are never a good harbinger on soaps. I think Phyllis and Lauren were the only two that went off without a hitch.

• Love 5

FYI: According to this site, on Thursday (Wednesday's Canadian episode), "Jack and Marco face off". In case any of you are thinking of skipping episodes, that's the one you might want to actually pay attention to.

• Love 4

Confront Mariah and Summer about what?

I have no idea LP!  I am assuming it must have something to do with the cabin murders since Dylan will be a cop and helping Paul.

Sharon will have to drive story since no one else in that quad is worth watching (Sage, Nick or Dylan). I fear it will be bad. Pregnancies at the same time are never a good harbinger on soaps. I think Phyllis and Lauren were the only two that went off without a hitch.

Yeah she will be used and abused again.God this is so freaking old!!!

• Love 7

Over the weekend was the Y&R FanClub Event. No real spoilers but some actors tossed out tidbits. The girl who plays Gwen confirmed she was returning to the show and she made it seem she would be sticking around for a while. She said it all kicks off in September. Kate Linder also said that we will be seeing a lot more of Esther and that change is coming for her character as well. Whatever that means. The new guy who plays Prince Luca seemed to hint that his character is involved in some way with Marisa. 

• Love 3

camryn had a pic of herself and "luca" and then said "princess mariah".

i must say, the pic of her and miles was absolutely stunning.

she is very beautiful.

altho i did read elsewhere that he was supposedly going to be wasted on abby.

• Love 5

NP quote

Or a prince, even if he is handsome?

Is royalty even relevant today?  Back in the old timey-say Victorian age-it was cool to have/marry a title, but today? 

cmb81 quote

The new guy who plays Prince Luca seemed to hint that his character is involved in some way with Marisa.

Yeah, didn't see that coming. (since Rafe and Alex are not in the picture, it's slim pickens for the Hispanic roles and Neil can't marry  everyone)  Poor little waif/ drug lord's squeeze is gonna be royalty. [NOT a spoiler-just guessing]  Again, I say, who cares?  If she and Noah marry (ha ha, ho ho, Molly wipes eyes) would he be the Prince Consort?   Will Victurd finally reveal himself as the Prince of Darkness? Is Pratt introducing a whole new Royal Dynasty?  Stay tuned.......not.

• Love 6