Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Is it possible the Sharon thing is a rumour? I don't think so, right? I also predicted it because Pratt pretty much telegraphed it with his comments about Sharon being more interesting off her meds and her tendency to do things that will come back to bite her.

So Nick will again be Sharon's victim???? OH MY GOD I just realized that.

Noah as Victor's protege. Victor needs to be a pariah but since he won't I'm not as annoyed by this one. Noah is a waste of space. He's boring and predictable and a nice guy. He needs to go dark to have a point. I so love Marisa that I'm saddened she will be wasted on boy-man Noah Newman. I would have liked her with Adam. But show loves Chadam. So that won't happen. I hope she doesn't dissolve into irrelevance like Hilary did after being paired with her boy-man Darvon.

Can't Marco stay and keep his mistress?

• Love 6

Sharon's always the culprit and blamed in every rumor. Just a few weeks back there was spurmors about how Avery's hurt because Sharon intercepts the phone when she calls Dylan for help and never tells Dylan. What really happened when it aired was that she answered the phone when Phyllis calls and gave the phone over to Dylan. 

I also found it hilarious that Sharon was defending Avery, standing by her and protecting her from Joe. Telling Joe to leave and not leaving Avery alone with him was never rumored. 

• Love 7

Given that Steven Farren Phelps is the golden child on this show, it seems odd that Sharon would be the one to miscarry. Plus, he lost out on the WTD sweepstakes with the human Tribble Chelsea awhile ago. Dullen seems overdue to have his own lil' chip off the old woodblock.

Stranger things have happened, though, but I'm willing to bet that JFP want to prop Dullen more than she wants to bash Sharon.

Plus, as mentioned in the episode thread, it will be the first unequivocally happy pregnancy Sharon's had ever without Nick being a douchebag (and I just realized baby Shylan will be a cousin to Noah, but eh).

• Love 5

It looks to me like Sharon's positive reaction to Sage's pregnancy and her recent detente with Nick are certainly setting the stage for a baby swap, so my guess is the spoiler is not a rumor. "Calm before the storm" is how these writers roll, isn't it? Perhaps we'll be surprised and Sage will be the villain this time?

I remember watching the whole Sheila/Lauren thing unfold years ago. Maybe I was a naïve viewer back then (and spoilers weren't so readily available), but I didn't see any of that coming. Sheila was so methodical and it played out so slowly that I never quite knew what her plan was. Even when she bought the black-market baby, I just assumed she would pass that baby off as her own. When she actually switched the babies, I was stunned. It was probably the most heinous thing I'd ever seen on a soap, and I loved every minute of it.

Seeing this thing with Sharon coming down the pike is just awful. I guess this will be the big February sweeps story? Ugghhh...

• Love 6
(edited)

Tell the people who hold the reins. Bury them daily in your complaints. (scroll down to find the form) Post your stuff from here - copy and paste. Over and over and over.....

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Bell‑Phillip Television

7800 Beverly Blvd.

Suite 3305

Los Angeles, CA 90036

Executive Producer: Josh Griffith

For paper protests.

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 3
(edited)

Get real, Show.  If TIIC insist on another baby napping storyline, then the napper should be Paulie Tightpockets, hands down.  Not that he could literally get his hands down those pockets, at least not unless he was lubed up like Victor's proctologist, venturing into that "I'd Turn Back if I were You" territory.

Paulie has motive - no cricket baby:  opportunity - he's always out and about doing his best not to solve anything, and if he hid the kid inside the Tightpocket kangaroo pouch he calls his six-pack abs (he'd have to dump out all the cheetos and snickers), nobody would notice a thing.  

Leave Sharon alone.  She's got enough to do trying to teach Dullan how to tie his shoes and to open doors instead of just walking into them.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Get real, Show.  If TIIC insist on another baby napping storyline, then the napper should be Paulie Tightpockets, hands down.  Not that he could literally get his hands down those pockets, at least not unless he was lubed up like Victor's proctologist, venturing into that "I'd Turn Back if I were You" territory.

You jest? but how about Cricket. She's annoyed that Nikki is having two grandbabies and she sees Sharon or Sage turn their back and swipes the kid and then Sharon could get blamed some cause they always blame her... but then Paul finds her and says "Christine, where'd ya get the baby?"

Then she could disappear.

• Love 5

The show is hiring a character that has PTSD. My guess is that Dylan snaps after Avery is raped and it starts a chain of events that's ends in Sharon's miscarriage. Dylan losing it is probably his next big story and he probably meets the new person in a meeting. Maybe Sharon loses the baby and panics thinking Dylan can't handle another loss?

• Love 4

Is the character with PTSD a woman?

I listened to the DC podcast and when Jamey Giddens said Sharon's has a miscarriage and there's a baby swap he said it matter of factly, as if he knew it was true and not just a rumor. I'm surprised that Sharon will lose the baby since Dullen is the father and JFP is desperate to keep tying him to the canvas. 

• Love 3

The show is hiring a character that has PTSD. My guess is that Dylan snaps after Avery is raped and it starts a chain of events that's ends in Sharon's miscarriage. Dylan losing it is probably his next big story and he probably meets the new person in a meeting. Maybe Sharon loses the baby and panics thinking Dylan can't handle another loss?

That sounds about right. The story is all about Dylan. SB will be the death of this show. More meaty emotional material for this shit actor.

Wow, I just assumed that spoiler was a crock, but it looks like it will play out that way.

She's actually going to be raped and will think it's Joe (rather than a frame-up). That's the rewrite Giddens talked about.
  • Love 5

These spoilers sound awful, like a journey into the darkest of places.*

Why would the Prattster decide to pen a stale, recycled baby swap story with Sharon as the herb thief and Nick's latest banana buddy as victim? There are a few possibilities.

1. To quote noted New England philosopher Tollbooth Willie, he's a fucking unoriginal bastard.

2. The show desires that we feel sympathy for the herbal gerbil in a ham-fisted attempt to cement her to the canvas.

3. It's not about Sharon at all; it's about Dylan's pine-fresh manpain. Prepare to bask in powerful emotions that look suspiciously like a man trying to pass a bark-encrusted shit the size of a coffee mug.

4. Pratt expects us to ohhhh and ahhhh over the clever irony of Sharon stealing Adam's baby. Because a woman we've seen have empathy would totally torment someone that way.

5. Deciding to build on his excellent track record of responsible, compassionate writing for mentally ill characters, Pratt wants to educate us all in how a bipolar person is highly prone to kidnapping infants, an act once thought to be exclusive to PTSD sufferers.

6. He gets a woody watching Nick berate, villify, and abuse Sharon.

7. All of the above.

*It's a toss-up between Summer's spacious skull cavern and Victor's satanic glory hole.

• Love 12

Is the character with PTSD a woman?

I listened to the DC podcast and when Jamey Giddens said Sharon's has a miscarriage and there's a baby swap he said it matter of factly, as if he knew it was true and not just a rumor. I'm surprised that Sharon will lose the baby since Dullen is the father and JFP is desperate to keep tying him to the canvas. 

Actually what happened was Jamey and Jillian were talking. Jillian joked that there would be a baby swap and Jamey said, "Actually she miscarries" as if he was shutting down her idea. He then went on twitter and said that they were just speculating based on tidbits they been hearing and he can't confirm anything to be true. So we shall see.

Also the PTSD person is a male and he is a soldier. So no doubt for Dylan.

• Love 3

He is a soldier I guess. No clue the role he will play on the show though. He could be a therapist helping Dylan or a someone trying to get help that Dylan meets. It is all vague right now. The role was being last June 11, so the filming likely won't happen anytime soon and will likely be an August storyline.

• Love 3

valleycliffe quote

she would use the dna found on a pair of panties of someone he just had sex with.  that would be lily.

Holy shortskirts, Batman!  Lily also borrowed underwear!?  That is the worst plot set up ever. And now that I think of it, Lily could have:

• gone home and changed
  • gone to the in-house boutique and bought new everything (and yes, the irony that it is Lauren's booootique.)
  • had a change of ass-revealing clothes in "her" room at the GCAC
  • kept the damn panties on until she got home-does she change underwear every time she and hubby boink?  I know she keeping the undies on cause the short skirt and all - gotta have some decency. 
  • Love 9

I watched. The OBGYN was for Avery because she got raped. We don't see the rape. She talked about how it happened. She is convinced it is Joe. Sharon spent the episode with her kids (sans Faith) and announced to them, Paul and Nikki that she was pregnant. Nikki of course trashed Sharon but her kids had her back.

Victor shot Jack thinking he was Marco. That is fairly obvious. My spec is that Marco probably watched the whole thing go down and fled and then he will blackmail Adam to help him or he will expose him to everyone. Meanwhile Adam is about to take over Newman-Abbott courtesy of Victor because Adam will cover up the shooting and make it look like a robbery gone bad or something. 

• Love 5

These spoilers sound awful, like a journey into the darkest of places.*

*It's a toss-up between Summer's spacious skull cavern and Victor's satanic glory hole.

Ahhh, both sound like perfect places for Newman family gatherings.  Ambience is everything!

• Love 4

she was for avery?

shit

Even if Sharon is confirmed to be pregnant we won't be able to rest easy until this stupid-ass story plays out. Really sick of it. She's just always walking around with a sword over her head.

• Love 5

I'm rolling my eyes--after all the trauma, let's hope that Jack is not actually shot, even if it is the bulletproof suit.

When Pratt's interview about how this will be turned on Snidely (sorry--love the name, Orange Billy!) and how the audience will sympathize as he protects his family, I was dubious. As we are getting to the actual events, my attitude has not changed. I still blame Victor and I don't see what could happen that will actually change it.

Watch--in a couple of weeks, Jack will be back like nothing happened (unless he's actually shot.) No PTSD, nothing. The only difference will be (according to the spoiler I read in the daily group before this thread) is Marisa and Noah will come together. I'm glad to see the kid get a story (it's less for HK), but Marco, who must be close to the same age as Jack Abbott, should not have an ex that the son of Dick and Sharon gets together with. I'm cool with age differences for the most part, but this could be creepy. (Still glad the woman is older for once.)

• Love 4
Marco, who must be close to the same age as Jack Abbott, should not have an ex that the son of Dick and Sharon gets together with.

I actually think someone like Marco would have a "girl" that young. Jack, not so much.

And Noah's age is ridiculous (considering he's Nick and Sharon's son). RA is about 30, no? It seemed fairly obvious to me Marisa was being introduced as a potential long-term character (rather than giving Marco any serious back story). So no doubt she is meant for the younger set.

I'm rolling my eyes--after all the trauma, let's hope that Jack is not actually shot, even if it is the bulletproof suit.

I'm fairly certain Jack is shot. (He's SUPERMAN; Dylan has PTSD from combat duty but Jack can take ANYTHING.) I was wondering how Marisa ends up stumbling into the UG (i.e. where is Jack?) His being shot explains why she's alone. Not sure why she's stumbling; Marco is alive and well, so...

• Love 3

Sofia (Marisa) has been filming a lot with the Scoobies it seems. She definitely hangs out with them in real life now. Marisa seems like she is a younger character who just got swept up in Marco's world. The whole daddy issues thing. It happens. I think she will add some much needed spice to that group and she will give Mariah an ally.

• Love 5

Even if Sharon is confirmed to be pregnant we won't be able to rest easy until this stupid-ass story plays out. Really sick of it. She's just always walking around with a sword over her head.

Yes and her fans never get to just relax and enjoy her brief moments of happiness knowing that at any moment it will all be snatched away from her. It is sheer torture what they put us through! When will enough ever be enough?

• Love 6

After reading yesterday's cdn recaps, I can see how chuckles is setting Sharon up again.

I absolutely think Jamey was bang on with his spoiler in the podcast.

hopefully, he stirred up the fans and a backlash resulted.

• Love 2

She'll probably be Dummer's new BFF.

I'm hoping Marisa and Jack bonding will have a point, as in Marisa will remain loyal to Jack. And if Noah is going to the dark side with Victor then Marisa and Noah have insta-angst (which we all know Pratt loves). So all that said I'm hoping Marisa tells Summer to STFU.

• Love 6

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Bell‑Phillip Television

7800 Beverly Blvd.

Suite 3305

Los Angeles, CA 90036

Executive Producer: Josh Griffith

I don't know if the address is correct or not, but Bell-Phillip hasn't owned Y&R for awhile. Sony has control of the show the last time I heard, and Josh Griffith is certainly no longer a producer on the show. That'd be Pratt-Phelps. The best tack is to write and email CBS with any complaints. They've obviously been hands-on with their daytime lineup and Y&R is no exception. I don't think it would help to communicate with Sony. The only people they're going to eventually bow to will be CBS or the network will pull the plug.

• Love 1

I don't know or think this happened but Lily showered at Avery's shedding her clothes and borrowing Avery's. Avery had access to the dirty underwear and knows how to maybe replicate or set up this.

But that whole concept is disgusting and I don't get why we need to see so much rape and torture lately. It's a gross send off for a cool actress who's been nothing but nice.

• Love 7

petunia, when Jamey Giddens was discussing the rewrite of Avery's rape, ORIGINALLY she was just going to set joe up and FALSELY accuse him of raping her.  she was going to use the DNA left on a pair of panties of someone he had just recently had sex with.  lily.

that's why we got the scene we did of lily changing at Avery's apt.

now with the rewrite, she was actually raped.

• Love 3

I don't understand why Pratt kept in the scenes where Lily changed at Avery's. Avery is about to leave so it's not like we'll get a three month long "Who raped Avery" story. Whoever did it will be exposed in a few weeks before she leaves the show. Or is Avery going to leave before she finds out who raped her and Joe will be a suspect indefinitely? 

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't understand why Pratt kept in the scenes where Lily changed at Avery's. Avery is about to leave so it's not like we'll get a three month long "Who raped Avery" story. Whoever did it will be exposed in a few weeks before she leaves the show. Or is Avery going to leave before she finds out who raped her and Joe will be a suspect indefinitely? 

I think what will happen is Avery will frame Joe but she'll be doing it because she absolutely believes he's guilty. She was saying to Phyllis that she knows the law and there isn't enough evidence. She also freaked out and said she wants him DEAD. So she's clearly determined to get "justice."

I FFd so I don't know if they indicated whether her rapist wore a condom but clearly there is no DNA evidence in her or it would be enough evidence.

So, it sounds to me like she's going to "help" the case along by using whatever Lily left behind. And I think all this will also connect to Lily and Cane and Lily's hookup with Joe coming out. 

The rewrite, I think, just had her being raped rather than a total frame up. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't really know the protocol, but doesn't the rape kit go directly to the police to be entered into evidence? If there is no DNA collected from the rape kit, how will Avery get whatever Lily left behind into the mix? Ohh, right...what am I saying? This is the GCPD we're talking about!

I always look at the covers of the soap magazines at the grocery store, but I never actully pick them up because shame. You Preverts are the only ones who know I watch this stupid show. Anyway, the cover of CBS Soaps in Depth has Ashley with her mitts all over Pop'n'Fresh, while Abby looks into the distance with her stink face. I can't believe this lunkhead is now the show's romantic hero. #Free Ashley!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 9
I always look at the covers of the soap magazines at the grocery store, but I never actully pick them up because shame. You Preverts are the only ones who know I watch this stupid show.

lol. Me too. Well, my husband knows I watch but that's about it.

I can't believe this lunkhead is now the show's romantic hero. #Free Ashley!

I think this is SC's last big chance. If he doesn't light a fire with Ashley I expect he'll leave town or just be the recurring doctor. He's dreadful.

• Love 6
(edited)

They showed the obgyn administering a sexual assault evidence collection kit on Friday's episode.  Avery also states that she was raped on Monday's episode.

Right. But that doesn't mean she was raped.

I think she was. Because I think that was the rewrite.

For me the story isn't working because Avery is not sympathetic. She was acting annoying and manipulative for weeks and being stupid with her meeting with her "abuser" in a park at night or in Friday's Canadian going to Joe's hotel room AFTER she believes he raped her.

It's a bust. They shouldn't have rewritten it. So what if Avery was written off as a jerk who frames her ex? People have seen worse treatment of their characters. <cough> Sharon <cough>.

I don't see why Avery's five-year lame character needed to be protected with this bullshit rewrite quite frankly.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 6