Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Baby switch stories have been the stories that have pulled me into every soap I've followed, but this one? My God, this has just been way too long in the tooth. And for what payoff? The mother is dead and the presumed father will have to agonize once more when Adam returns from the dead. As others have pointed out, no one is losing sleep behind Sage's demise, but Twitter fans were pissed that she didn't have a proper reunion before she died.

The Faith story never should've been written, but at least we knew there was a definitive end once they learned what happened. How much longer before we can be done with this shit?

• Love 7
On October 19, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Artsda said:

They probably will take another year for the Adam parentage to come out, they should have had Sharon find that out before the reveal. Victor will now be the one who knows.

Chelz knows too.  But they will keep the secret, I bet.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I forgot about Chelsea knowing all along, so she'll have to fess up to Nick too.  He'll be screaming betrayal all around.

My theory, and apologies to those who have read it here before(!), is that Prick will convince Chelz to keep it a secret since Adam is dead, and this way "Christian" can be raised as a Newman, which means Drinki doesn't lose a grandson and go back on the bottle.  It will only be when Adam returns that secret comes out but by then Chelz and Nick will be married.  Ouch!

• Love 7

Not sure where to put this so I'll put it here. 

Did anyone else here the rumor that Michael Roark finished taping last week? per the latest SID, his ex affair partner arrives on Nov 10. I'm assuming she ushers him off canvas  

• Love 1

Michael Roark left the show already. Last Wednesday (Oct 19) was his final taping day on set. Travis's last episode on screen is December 6.

His ex-girlfriend "Michelle Hazelton" shows up and they leave town together.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, spinxella said:

Michael Roark left the show already. Last Wednesday (Oct 19) was his final taping day on set. Travis's last episode on screen is December 6.

His ex-girlfriend "Michelle Hazelton" shows up and they leave town together.

Really? sigh. Where'd you hear this Spinx?

I do believe this is true because MR posted a photo with EB yesterday and he also has a shot posing with JW -- as though he's getting in his photographs with the bigger players he's worked with. And his co-stars are praising him. :(

Gah. What a waste to let him go. Well, Villy here we come.

• Love 5

I don't think they "leave together" but I have heard he is leaving as well. I think it will be played more of Tricky falling apart over this drama with NE and the ex showing up won't help things either.  I also heard it was his choice, not the shows as he didn't want to be contract right now. So they decided to write him out since there is a new regime in place. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Anyway, hot guy, natural actor,

Yuuup, and that's why we're not allowed to keep him.  Why can't we have nice things?  Why, why, why dammit!!   waaaah 

• Love 9

In SID November sweeps preview, as per Mal Young:

Newly divorced Phyllis feels conflicted about her feelings. She cannot deny her feelings for Jack but is consistently drawn to Billy too. The Young and the Restless spoilers indicate that it will become a big problem in her life, and it could lead to a massive Abbott showdown. Who will Phyllis end up with in the end?

(This is paraphrased so if anyone has the exact quote I'd appreciate it.) Apart from the fact that this is NOT what is happening on my screen, how would this lead to a massive Abbott showdown? Jack is done with Phyllis and Billy. And if he's wavering on Phyllis, her "conflicted feelings" for Billy will put a stop to that. He sure as fuck isn't going to fight Billy for Phyllis in some showdown.

Mal is trolling Philly fans for sweeps numbers. We were right about the Philly shit being thrown in to suck in a segment of the audience.

ugh. At least it sounds like it will be resolved by the end of sweeps. When she chooses who she wants "in the end" or the Abbott boys duel it out over her skank ass. lol.

• Love 4

Why.is.Phyllis.the.one.with.power.to.decide.shit????????

If she's drawn to Billy, why the FUCK is Jack involved? Take him out of this story. Fucking hell, I'm done. Time for me to bounce. Just put Philly together. Oh, wait, then they can't walk around like they've never had sex and they need it so BADLY.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, miamama said:

Mal is trolling Philly fans for sweeps numbers. We were right about the Philly shit being thrown in to suck in a segment of the audience.

You're exactly right.  And this is all he's got to work with until the change really takes place... so he has to sell that as is all he's got to sell.  I think of the next few weeks as moving towards the end of the series... and spin off with a lot of the old characters begins in December.  (I hope.)  I cannot believe they will ignore the powerhouse that is Bergman and GT when they are onscreen.

That said, maybe they go with Philly for awhile to stretch out the long hard battle back to each other.  I have semi-wondered if they're setting up Phyllis to give up on winning him back, for a period of time... Although she seemed so determined to have him back when she gave Billy his marching orders yesterday that I find it hard to imagine her caving subsequently.  It's hard to know where Pratt ends and the new team begins.  If I was writing it, I wouldn't reunite them again... I'd write for awhile to make the characters realize the errors of their impulsive ways... and make the audience want them back together... beg them back together... hell, I might have one of them make a bad marriage for about a year to really really really drag it out... but I do believe whatever happens Mal only has Pratt to sell for sweeps and it being his first (maybe second?) sweeps at the helm, he needs a win (which I gather, ratings wise, he isn't actually getting much of these days.) 

5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Why.is.Phyllis.the.one.with.power.to.decide.shit????????

If she's drawn to Billy, why the FUCK is Jack involved? Take him out of this story. Fucking hell, I'm done. Time for me to bounce. Just put Philly together. Oh, wait, then they can't walk around like they've never had sex and they need it so BADLY.

She isn't. It's a load of BS. And it makes no sense. Seriously. It's not happening. It can't. Peter Bergman wouldn't play it. Jack was finished after Phyllis fucked his brother for months. He divorced her. So he's going to wait for her to pick him after LYING about being over Billy? Nah. It's Mal's first sweeps month. He needs drama and numbers. The ratings are shit. They were very good one week -- the week of the Philly reveal to Jack.

He knows it brings numbers.

No way can Phyllis turn around now and say she's not sure she wants Jack.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Big Blue Plate said:

That said, maybe they go with Philly for awhile to stretch out the long hard battle back to each other.

If Jack ever even LOOKS at Phyllis again if she starts a relationship with Billy after having her rancid affair, Jack will be the biggest idiot soaps has ever seen.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, miamama said:

So he's going to wait for her to pick him after LYING about being over Billy? Nah.

It sounds so fucked up. I can't believe they're doing this to Jack AGAIN. Why would he even want Phyllis after Nick and now Billy? FOH, show.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Sorry, I misread HeatLife.  Yeah, it would be pretty bad if she picks up again with the Biscuit and then gets back with Jack.  I can't see anybody pulling that off.  

It's crazy. It's crazy right now that Jack would give a fuck to fight for Phyllis if she was still trying to fuck his brother. Mal needs to get a reality check on these characters.

• Love 3

It's a bit crazy he's getting misty for her already.  I believe he will in due course (assuming she doesn't bonk Billy again) but he should still be doing nothing but spitting nails.  

I remember back when John and Jill split post the Jack bonk.... Jill was still scheming to prevent the divorce at this point.... she hadn't gone all Joan Collins at Jabot yet.  Rush, rush, rush....

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

It's a bit crazy he's getting misty for her already.  I believe he will in due course (assuming she doesn't bonk Billy again) but he should still be doing nothing but spitting nails.  

He should drop her ass forever. I know  I come from a different POV as a lot of people. I've always hated Phyllis. I had to deal that she was the wife of one of my favorite characters. I'm done supporting the bitch, lol. Jack deserves someone who doesn't repeatedly cheat on him. He needs someone who loves him. Like, enough of this fuckery. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's crazy. It's crazy right now that Jack would give a fuck to fight for Phyllis if she was still trying to fuck his brother. Mal needs to get a reality check on these characters.

That's why I don't buy it. Look at the spoilers we got for Philly lately: Billy pushes Phyllis's buttons (that lame flash drive scene); Billy protects Phyllis (a scene where he's telling Jack not to go after Victor because Phyllis will get in the crossfire). They are BULLSHIT spoilers implying some big Philly scenes to suck in Philly stans.

If you didn't read spoilers or mags you'd be watching thinking, yeah Billy is a stalker and Phyllis is in love with Jack. Billy's not even saying he loves her any more. It's "cares about."

I was upset too when I saw the spoiler. But the Abbott Showdown was the part that made me lol. Jack is DONE with them both now. He's sad about Phyllis yes but he's not attracted to her; he's not being sucked in. He's being FORCED to work with her (November spoilers say this). He signed those divorce papers lickety split. So who would believe he'll fight Billy for her? And if she's lying to Jack and Billy right now then even asshole Billy deserves better than her.

And none of this connects to Jack spoilers -- in the same SID issue -- that talk about Jack's refusal to back down from Victor and his insistence on being dark. That might explain Phyllis choosing Billy (yeah, right, now Jack would be too vengeful for her, lol). But is this the guy that would fight for Phyllis? A man so wrecked that he has turned dark and broken. Nope.

11 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Don't think he's getting misty for her as much as misty about the life he lost. He can love her and still realize that he can never be with her again.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, miamama said:

But is this the guy that would fight for Phyllis? A man so wrecked that he has turned dark and broken. Nope.

I'd hope not. I'm not here for it. Phyllis doesn't deserve to be FOUGHT for. Let Stalker have her.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'd hope not. I'm not here for it. Phyllis doesn't deserve to be FOUGHT for. Let Stalker have her.

As I said even Billy should not want her if this is true. She's fucking nuts if she's torn at this point. Who could believe her if she says I love YOU and want YOU not HIM? Show would instantly KILL any legitimacy for Phack AND Philly if she flops again. Because they wrote that her need for Billy came out of her denial of feelings (re: Marco). Is she really in denial again? lol.

November sweeps spoilers are scant around Phack/Villy/Tricky by design IMO. Mal wants to keep people guessing (he even says this). There is basically nothing but what I quoted above. The spoilers I've seen for these characters for the next few weeks involve Phack vs. Victor. These are both SID and SOD (so legit). And nothing on Villy/Tricky.

"Jack is forced to work with Phyllis."

"Billy uncovers incriminating information about an enemy (I'm guessing Travis since he's on his way out)" 

We also know Travis's ex-girlfriend airs in November.

"Jack's revenge plan changes direction."

"Summer busts Phyllis"

"Victor outsmarts Jack and Phyllis."

Why is Jack continuing to be shoved together with Phyllis so much if Philly is going to be in play? I'd expect to see the opposite since it's been all Phack for the last 5 weeks. Sweeps start tomorrow in Canada.

As I said (or alluded) upthread, this sweeps month will put an end to Philly because even Mal knows he can't milk it beyond that.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, miamama said:

Who could believe her if she says I love YOU and want YOU not HIM? Show would instantly KILL any legitimacy for Phack AND Philly if she flops again. Because they wrote that her need for Billy came out of her denial of feelings (re: Marco). Is she really in denial again? lol.

If they have her flip-flop again, she has 0 credibility. There would be no point to even analyze or discuss the character of Phyllis.

• Love 3
Just now, HeatLifer said:

If they have her flip-flop again, she has 0 credibility. There would be no point to even analyze or discuss the character of Phyllis.

Exactly. She would be destroyed as a character. Phack would be a joke if they ever tried it ever again after this and so would Philly (more than it is now). Plus the Abbotts would be WRECKED forever for NOTHING. Unless they are planning to leave her single -- and the brothers unite against her -- I don't see them doing this. I just do not. (Spoiler implies she ends up with one of them so they aren't going there with Phyllis being alone in the end.) 

Jack is completely alone with no option apart from Phyllis. Billy has two love interest options (Vicki and Chloe) right now...and Travis (his competition for Vicki) leaving. 

I'll stick to show rather than the mags.

Remember when GT described Phyllis torn between Billy and Jack? Then we saw her fake drunk to avoid sex with Jack and tell Billy that she loved him and didn't want to cheat on him?

Yeah, whatever mags.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

All I'm saying is I will LAUGH if this show tries to have a man who was cheated on FIGHT for the cheater while the cheater continues to have eyes elsewhere. Nope. Changing the channel.

Yeah. I would never watch this show again because Jack would be destroyed. And he's my reason for watching. I also can't see Peter accepting it for Jack, particularly as he made it clear in his recent interview that he wants to see Jack explore the trauma of this affair.

I'm trying to see it differently. I'm trying to be open to the possibility that I'm in denial and Phyllis really will be torn because of course I'm terrified of being Charlie Brown again. But I just am not seeing it.

Newly divorced Phyllis feels conflicted about her feelings.

Newly divorced Phyllis is not remotely conflicted as we saw the other day when she sat in her office post divorce throwing things in tears and looking at her wedding ring; or when she declared she'd fight for her marriage regardless of the divorce; or when she told Billy to fuck off and leave her be to fight for Jack; or when she said she and Jack belong together and nothing will keep them apart. So when does she get conflicted? What is the catalyst? Sweeps are about three weeks long, maybe another half week longer than that. Next two week spoilers are all Phack v. Victor. I mean I know this show can turn on a dime. But this storyline has already done a 180 within the past five weeks.

She cannot deny her feelings for Jack

This doesn't even make sense. She is on her knees begging Jack to take her back because she says she loves him and wants her marriage back (and telling anyone who will listen she wants this). She's not trying to deny her feelings for Jack. She was doing that during the affair (that's why it ended; she stopped denying her confused feelings). 

but is consistently drawn to Billy too

She's NOT drawn to Billy. He keeps stalking her. She hasn't ONCE sought him out since she had her revelation re: her marriage/Marco. Is something going to change in the next three weeks? I don't see how. Jack is hellbent on revenge. That's not changing (according to spoilers). She's working with him (also in spoilers) and she made it clear to Jack that Billy is an annoyance to her and she hopes he doesn't try to make trouble for them in their plotting. God, she even had that whole "I swooned at the sight of Billy and gave him the flash drive" sarcastic scene with Jack. 

The Young and the Restless spoilers indicate that it will become a big problem in her life.

Um, will become a problem? Her life is a disaster because she had an affair with her brother in law and it's been outed. This is now going to become a problem. lol.

, and it could lead to a massive Abbott showdown

Will never happen. Jack will not fight Billy for her NOW when she insists she is over Billy. Why would he do it if she expresses feelings for Billy? I suppose showdown could mean Ashley too. Don't see it since she is still kind and supportive of Billy and wants to be there for both brothers and in fact she would KILL Phyllis if she pulled this flip flop. So not an Abbott showdown. And Traci doesn't arrive until after sweeps and she isn't going to be in any showdown because she's Traci.

Who will Phyllis end up with in the end?

It's like Mal is talking to people who haven't watched for the past five weeks or people who think cheaters get to choose.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 4

Well, I've felt the turn back to philly for a while now so this doesn't surprise me in the least. Phyllis fought for jack and failed. Now she's got to come to grips with her failure. Once she does, I suspect she will get clarity and turn to Billy, whom she loved all along. I don't think they'll last but she will blame jack for turning her away or some such crap. 

Now, I did hear a rumor that Hilary and Jack get together. I don't see that anywhere onscreen. Hilary suspects jack sent the info on NE to GC Buzz but she hasn't even gone to him to ask him about it. Seems to me that'd  be the  first thing  she would do. it seems they are intentionally keeping them out of scenes together or saving it for some big confrontation. But this is Pratt so it could turn on a dime. 

I'm trying to figure out the long term goal here. A quad with vikki? 

1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

What you said, lol. It's all just so ridiculous and makes no sense unless, once again, they flip the story in the next few weeks out of nowhere.

I need to go to bed. ha! But yeah. ASININE.

Hey, something very funny just occurred to me. Phack just got divorced. Jack couldn't sign that document fast enough and they got a farewell montage to Nadia's Theme and everything. And yet for November sweeps, Mal is talking about Phyllis being torn between two brothers and asking.... "who will she end up with" by the end of the month???

That's a rather odd spoiler to have days after a long term couple gets DIVORCED, no? Shouldn't she and Jack obviously be OVER. I mean I know she's fighting for him. But the spoiler ought to say: "Will Phyllis finally give up her quest to win Jack back" or "Will Phyllis stop resisting the inevitable?" or something like that rather than her "conflicted feelings" will lead to an Abbott showdown? If it weren't straight up bullshit, that is.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Phyllis fought for jack and failed

How would she have done anything if she just went back and screwed Billy? All that would do is prove that she didn't mean anything she told Jack. If they want to make Philly shit people who do shitty things and Jack wants nothing to do with them, it's the perfect story. But my problem arises with the inclination to make Philly rootable when they are not.

1 minute ago, miamama said:

That's a rather odd spoiler to have days after a long term couple gets DIVORCED, no? Shouldn't she and Jack obviously be OVER. I mean I know she's fighting for him. But the spoiler ought to say: "Will Phyllis finally give up her quest to win Jack back" or "Will Phyllis stop resisting the inevitable?" or something like that rather than her "conflicted feelings" will lead to an Abbott showdown? If it weren't straight up bullshit, that is.

LMAO. Exactly! Jack ain't participating. What do her feelings have to do with anything?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAO. Exactly! Jack ain't participating. What do her feelings have to do with anything?

Precisely. Let Philly reunite if she has feelings for him. They're both single. WTF does this have to do with Jack? Except of course it is entirely about Jack. And Phyllis.

And the Philly shit is straight up fan trolling.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

How would she have done anything if she just went back and screwed Billy? All that would do is prove that she didn't mean anything she told Jack. If they want to make Philly shit people who do shitty things and Jack wants nothing to do with them, it's the perfect story. But my problem arises with the inclination to make Philly rootable when they are not.

I don't disagree. 

Billy is a dark  grey character now anyway and phyllis is phyllis. So playing them as shitty people "us against the world" isn't so far off the mark. This show will peddle anything. Pratt dared anything. but will SSM and KA? 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, miamama said:

Precisely. Let Philly reunite if she has feelings for him. They're both single. WTF does this have to do with Jack? Except of course it is entirely about Jack. And Phyllis.

And the Philly shit is straight up fan trolling.

I can't.

9 minutes ago, DivaT said:

I don't disagree. 

Billy is a dark  grey character now anyway and phyllis is phyllis. So playing them as shitty people "us against the world" isn't so far off the mark. This show will peddle anything. Pratt dared anything. but will SSM and KA? 

I think it'd be a mistake to continue what Pratt wanted to do. If this show is so obsessed with JT and GT, have the balls to make JT another character. And I'm so serious. Billy and Phyllis do.not.work if you are looking at the history of this show. They have already trashed history and several characters to do this. Just end it. Make JT John Doe and hook him up with Phyllis. The end.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think it'd be a mistake to continue what Pratt wanted to do. If this show is so obsessed with JT and GT, have the balls to make JT another character. And I'm so serious. Billy and Phyllis do.not.work if you are looking at the history of this show. They have already trashed history and several characters to do this. Just end it. Make JT John Doe and hook him up with Phyllis. The end.

Right? A John Black scenario perhaps? ha!

But they aren't going there. The whole arc of what we've seen the past five weeks is about undoing Pratt/JFP's history-fucking Philly storyline. Nor do I think the new regime has any great love for JT. I think he's getting screen time because he has a contract that promises it to him (simply based on the number of pointless scenes this guy is in). He's clearly no golden boy any more. He even lost his own home set. Peter/Jack has been allowed to kick his ass verbally (and physically) and show us who's the leading man on this show. Phyllis all about Jack right now and will continue to be I HAVE NO DOUBT. Travis and Vicki are going to implode on Travis's crap rather than Billy's greatness. 

Philly is a way to generate free social media push. Mal needs sweeps numbers and milking Philly until sweeps will maybe get him a few more. It costs him nothing to excite the stans with the odd throwaway scenes.

In addition to Phack's connection in terms of story and character history, PB and GT are far more suited and powerful scene partners than GT and JT, and pretty much everyone on show but JFP could see this (I believe Pratt was following JFP's orders with Philly, tbh).

Compare two scenes trying to show us a couple's connection:

The beautifully acted (and written) Phack argument shown in the montage -- from Altman/Passanante HW era I believe.

Phyllis: "Because I do stupid, crazy things and you of all people should know that. And if you don't, then you tell me who the hell you fell in love with!" (All sharp edges and screaming.)

Jack: "I fell in love with you. With all your headstrong, impulsive, misguided passion." (Soft, gentle and quiet.)

Honestly, they played that scene like musicians the way they balanced each other (and that was their first big emotional scene together as actors).

Compared to (various combinations of the following in every. single. Philly. scene):

P: You GET me.

B: We have chemistry

P: A connection.

Awkward fucking ensues as she keeps her fancy bra or bodice on.

If Mal et al cannot see which is the stronger pair on every level then I have no hope for his tenure.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, miamama said:

If Mal et al cannot see which is the stronger pair on every level then I have no hope for his tenure.

I mean, chemistry is subjective. We all see what we see. What Mal sees may be different than me in this area. But writing and character and history-wise? Philly makes 0 sense. If they want to pair JT/GT bc they're enamored with them, make him a different character so the whole canvas doesn't have to be twisted so Philly can be accepted.

7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I mean, chemistry is subjective. We all see what we see. What Mal sees may be different than me in this area. But writing and character and history-wise? Philly makes 0 sense. If they want to pair JT/GT bc they're enamored with them, make him a different character so the whole canvas doesn't have to be twisted so Philly can be accepted.

I was referring to acting ability. JT is a limited actor IMO and is outclassed in this comparison. And sure, chemistry is subjective, but it does not exist in a vacuum. The dialogue (built on history, character and story movement) will provide a great deal of chemistry. The writers can produce good material for Phack based on almost 20 years of their complex relationship. Not so much for Philly because the idea that they are into each other is nonsensical and flies in the face of who these people are and their history together and with other people.

Fangurling is something else altogether. I'm fascinated by the number of Philly stans on Twitter who have GH handles (like ILOVESAMTRICK or some such shit) and others who are die hard GT fans from her earlier soaps.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Another awful pairing that made absolutely no sense and gutted characters. I sense a pattern.

Yeah, just seeing some tweets from a Philly stan that she cannot believe show would try to sell the idea that Phack had anything close to what Philly had.

lol.

• Love 1

Objectively speaking, putting my philly hate  aside, the canvas being flipped on its ear isn't necessarily a bad thing. It gives everyone new beats and a different  dynamic to play.  Just because Billy and Jack have had a great relationship thus far doesn't mean they have to continue.  just as in real life, things happen and relationships evolve/fracture. 

• Love 2