Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Dear Meghan,

I don't feel sorry for you anymore due to the fact that your husband is a douche who appears to have a difficult time pretending to tolerate you.  Not only are you hateful and quite ignorant, you also consider yourself to be awfully entitled. If you think that every time something offends you, you have the right/obligation to announce this earth-shattering information to the offender, you're believing yourself to be much more important than you are. 

Did your parents reward you, celebrate you and lay out the red carpet for you on a daily basis for merely existing, by any chance?  I think you might want to brace yourself, because I don't see medals or trophies in your future (or your husband's).  I've made my mental prediction and I have a pretty good feeling that it is shared by many other viewers of your lovely show - the only specific point I haven't nailed down yet is which one of your "co-(reality)stars" will be the one(s) to take you down.  

You reap what you sow, Grasshopper....

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 5

I'm late to post and it's already 7 pages long, so I'm sure my thoughts have already been said. But I have to say, Heather knows good and damn well she wouldn't be like, "have at it," if she saw someone flirting with Terry. I know there are women in relationships with rich men who are willing to turn a blind eye in order to hold on to their meal ticket, but I don't get that impression from Heather. She would be set for life if he ever did leave her, though, that's for sure.

IMO, she was joking when she said that, not serious! LOL

After watching all the previews, and from the reactions from Lizzie, Tamra, Heather and later Vicki & Tamra, it is clear that they felt Meghan went too far. Meghan wasn't listening to Shannon and wasn't satisfied with Shannon's apology or choice of words. Then she says things like Congratufuckinglations?!! She was clearly not accepting Shannon's responses and kept the escalation going...

Also, the nitwit doesn't understand that the Foundation would automatically invite past guests/donors/hosts to all of their events? Meghan as a host would have her own guest list to expand donors, but most charities would also include all past donors.

She behaves like a spoiled Orange County housewives spawn yet she's from Missouri. Now we know why she lives in the OC and accepted a spot on the show.

Well, Meghan did say this was the first time she as ever hosted a charity event so she would not know there was a guest list made by the charity itself. 

Yes, Meghan is a spoiled twit but Shannon was rude as well. IMO, Shannon is mad at the world because David cheated on her and as much as she says she's not upset at Meghan last season for David's flirting with her, in reality she is seething about it because Meghan was the object of David's desire, even if only for a few minutes. Believe me, Shannon hates Meghan based on David's reaction/attraction to her last year and is worried he still is.  JMO 

• Love 4

IMO, Shannon is mad at the world because David cheated on her and as much as she says she's not upset at Meghan last season for David's flirting with her, in reality she is seething about it because Meghan was the object of David's desire, even if only for a few minutes. Believe me, Shannon hates Meghan based on David's reaction/attraction to her last year and is worried he still is. 

Absolutely.  I think that's the biggest reason for her not wanting to give the phone call issue another second of her attention.  Had it been someone she didn't view as a potential threat or enemy, I think she would have been more laid back about the whole thing once she realized who Meghan King was.  

Did anyone else notice how Meghan already tried to capitalize on the whole "you're threatened by me because your husband was flirting with me at that ridiculous shindig thrown by the former (yet currently honing her craft) actress and Miss Terry"?  That was going to be her angle and her key to camera time until Shannon pretended that it rolled right off of her back. (Yeah, we bought that...)   Pushing the phone call drama was simply another attempt to start something and get people talking.  It looks as if she's going with a villainess approach in her upcoming attempts at establishing relevancy.   I see it backfiring, though, since she's not bright enough nor does she have the social sense to pull it off and eventually be taken seriously, regardless of whether she is loved or hated.  

• Love 5

What Meghan meant by "chintzy": either "corny," "maudlin," "cheesy," "saccharine" (she's misused two relatively standards words at least twice) or, presuming she actually devoted some reflection to her statement, perhaps she was actually critiquing the lack of emphasis on philanthropy/poverty relative to the Catholic Church . . . Organizations soliciting money don't necessarily compulsorily invite previous donors to every event (sometimes the guest list is contingent upon the host and a financial barometer that they state they can meet). However, it sounds like the JRF party is an annual occurrence, which would indeed probably entail extending invites to all previous donors. And, in any case, it's basically unforgivable form to tell a megadonor (I'd be curious to know exactly how much Shannon has previously committed to the charity) that they are unwelcome at a fete. But the dispute does ensure that the foundation reception does make it to air . . . In any case, Shannon was so weird around the other women after the first head-to-head with Meghan from which she stomped away. Could she mope any more showily? I still don't understand why she allows Meghan to upset her so much (actually, I do: she enjoys being the aggrieved victim). Why does she really care about missing the opportunity to venture inside the Edmonds' home? Her fixation on the private phone number is as weird as Aviva's "banner" obsession and as much beside the point. That being said, Meghan sure was in a hurry to give away any inch of even ground she might have had with her snotty perpetuation of their dispute. Yet Tamra's pretense of shock is just ridiculous.

• Love 3

Absolutely.  I think that's the biggest reason for her not wanting to give the phone call issue another second of her attention.  Had it been someone she didn't view as a potential threat or enemy, I think she would have been more laid back about the whole thing once she realized who Meghan King was.  

Did anyone else notice how Meghan already tried to capitalize on the whole "you're threatened by me because your husband was flirting with me at that ridiculous shindig thrown by the former (yet currently honing her craft) actress and Miss Terry"?  That was going to be her angle and her key to camera time until Shannon pretended that it rolled right off of her back. (Yeah, we bought that...)   Pushing the phone call drama was simply another attempt to start something and get people talking.  It looks as if she's going with a villainess approach in her upcoming attempts at establishing relevancy.   I see it backfiring, though, since she's not bright enough nor does she have the social sense to pull it off and eventually be taken seriously, regardless of whether she is loved or hated.  

IMO production brought her in to help with "The Tamra Redemption Tour"! LOL

Finally saw the episode. Felt like I was watching a Christopher Guest movie during the Heather and Terry renovations discussion. It was a complete farce. Sorry if someone already mentioned it but Meaghen cued Shannon to wipe her mouth at the beginning of their discussion as if Heather had lipstick or food on her teeth. Does Meaghan actually work for production and only pretend to be a housewife?

• Love 4

Oh I get that too. I almost never answer my phone for unidentified numbers or if I'm driving. I just don't get being upset at the person that called you. They don't know you're driving or that you never talk to people from St Louis in front of your kids or whatever. I'm not on Megan's side, I think she was looking to create a story, but Shannon seemed so oddly tense that someone called her...with a St. Louis number!...while she was driving with her girls!...to ask about a wine party! Um ok. Then don't anwser your fucking phone! You don't have to, it's your phone. This is what I don't get about Shannon. She always seems to volunteer to be upset.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out at some point that David's girlfriend reached out to Shannon in the past. She seemed awfully disturbed by a phone call from a number she didn't know from a woman's voice she wasn't familiar with, and this is all happening in front of her kids. She just seemed way too tense over hearing a strange woman's voice out of the blue.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Yes, Meghan is a spoiled twit but Shannon was rude as well. IMO, Shannon is mad at the world because David cheated on her and as much as she says she's not upset at Meghan last season for David's flirting with her, in reality she is seething about it because Meghan was the object of David's desire, even if only for a few minutes. Believe me, Shannon hates Meghan based on David's reaction/attraction to her last year and is worried he still is.  JMO 

IMO the editors left something out. Because that interaction between David and Meghan at last year's hoedown did not ring any heavy flirtation bells for me. In fact, it seemed like a normal interaction between Vicki, David, and Meghan. Shannon may have thought that there was flirting, but he was no more flirtatious with Meghan than he was with Vicki to me. He just seemed like a guy at a party with a bunch of people he was just getting to know. So, I don't get why Meghan is bringing it up, unless it is specifically to poke Shannon for a story line. 

If the editors of this show are trying to make it seem like David had some heavy flirtation with Meghan, they need to do a better job, because that interaction was a total nothing to me. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

IMO the editors left something out. Because that interaction between David and Meghan at last year's hoedown did not ring any heavy flirtation bells for me. In fact, it seemed like a normal interaction between Vicki, David, and Meghan. Shannon may have thought that there was flirting, but he was no more flirtatious with Meghan than he was with Vicki to me. He just seemed like a guy at a party with a bunch of people he was just getting to know. So, I don't get why Meghan is bringing it up, unless it is specifically to poke Shannon for a story line. 

If the editors of this show are trying to make it seem like David had some heavy flirtation with Meghan, they need to do a better jobarrow-10x10.png, because that interaction was a total nothing to me. 

Meghan seems to make a big deal out of very casual, very brief interactions with the Beadors.  It sounds to  me like Meghan was the one doing the flirting, isn't flirting for the most part a state of mind?  Just as the nothing phone call with Shannon-did she not ask if Shannon was rude?  The others in the room would not give her the rude she wanted.  How many people does it take to watch Meghan make a phone call?  It does sound like an odd premise that you would call someone and ask how many hors d'ouevres. This is a case of someone working closely with production and trying to make something happen.  Usually production advises both parties of an upcoming phone call so they take the phone call.   My guess is Shannon had no clue at the time of the phone call Meghan had been cast.   To me it came down to a lack of point of reference, coupled with perhaps a newish cell phone number.  I do think these women have been clued in about "reporters" and the like calling to get information.  If the best reference Meghan could give is someone Shannon met six months ago once,  that is pretty weak.

. . Organizations soliciting money don't necessarily compulsorily invite previous donors to every event (sometimes the guest list is contingent upon the host and a financial barometer that they state they can meet). However, it sounds like the JRF party is an annual occurrence, which would indeed probably entail extending invites to all previous donors. And, in any case, it's basically unforgivable form to tell a megadonor (I'd be curious to know exactly how much Shannon has previously committed to the charity) that they are unwelcome at a fete. But the dispute does ensure that the foundation reception does make it to air . . . In any case, Shannon was so weird around the other women after the first head-to-head with Meghan from which she stomped away. Could she mope any more showily? I still don't understand why she allows Meghan to upset her so much (actually, I do: she enjoys being the aggrieved victim). Why does she really care about missing the opportunity to venture inside the Edmonds' home? Her fixation on the privatearrow-10x10.png phone number is as weird as Aviva's "banner" obsession and as much beside the point. That being said, Meghan sure was in a hurry to give away any inch of even ground she might have had with her snotty perpetuation of their dispute. Yet Tamra's pretense of shock is just ridiculous.

I don't think any charity would trust  a virgin to putting on an annual event at her home--let alone one who calls people she has never met to ask how many hors d'ouevrs  to serve.   Meghan did throw out a pretty big insult essentially calling Shannon uncharitable.  Vicki said, Shannon already has her hair and make up done and bought a new dress, which would lead one to believe at some point Shannon believed she was invited to the event.  I don't understand the "fixation" on the private number statement-she said it once. Last year Tamra decided to tweet a texts between she and Lizzie and in doing so published Lizzie private number-one she had had for years and had to change after Tamra's gaff.  So I get the handing out of private numbers.    Shannon is a public person and if she keeps her phone number close to her chest that is her choice

It is not about venturing inside the Edmonds' home it is being a part of a group of people and being excluded.  Heather excluded Alexis from events for no real reason.  Alexis was no more or less phony than say Gretchen.  Is there any reason for Shannon to ever invite Meghan to any event-other than she is contractually obligated to?  Heather Dubrow said it in a recent interview about Brandi being fired-the audience can smell bullshit. . . OC is getting into bullshit territory.  Don't have one housewife exclude to create drama and Shannon needs to know that she is not an actress and to dial back on her exits from a conversation.  It wasn't that dramatic but a simple, "we're done here," would have sufficed.

• Love 2

If the editors of this show are trying to make it seem like David had some heavy flirtation with Meghan, they need to do a better job, because that interaction was a total nothing to me. 

I agree that they were not flirting and Shannon's big complaint then was that he did not "introduce" Meghan to her but IMO, Shannon's mind is in overdrive looking for "other" women now.

• Love 3

I feel like Meghan is probably someone who thinks any guy who talks to her nicely is flirting with her. She seems really interested in her looks, and I guarantee that she's said at some time or another, "I only hang out with guys, girls are always jealous of me." I guarantee it lol.

I didn't see anything that resembled flirting, either. It seems like she gets some kind of satisfaction about the possibility of Shannon being upset about her husband flirting with her. I have to say, I would be upset if I were Shannon, as well. I thought that was awful of David to practically act like she was invisible in the presence of another woman. What else could you assume other than him either being embarrassed by you or trying to pretend he's not taken. That might be stretching it, but I think that's how I'd feel and I'd be hurt, too.

• Love 4

Shannon is a horrible advertisement for clean living, Feng Shui, alternative medicine, etc. She just seems like such a joyless person, and I think she'd be that way even if David hadn't strayed. All these methods she's using for calm and balance ain't working. Honey, just eat that grilled steak, have that salad dressing, have some cupcakes, and try to unlodge that stick out of your ass.

Exactly!  Cleansing her relationship crystals isn't going to wipe the taint of another woman off of David, nor will it stop him from thinking of/wanting to be with another woman.  David won't miraculously revert back to the perfect husband with built in blinders because she hung some click-clack balls on a curtain rod.  I think all of the spiritual/health issue stuff has become a detriment to their relationship because it prevents her from taking the full on human steps needed to help repair the relationship.  She's stagnant in her "woe is me" mode, passive-aggressively throwing the affair in David's face whenever she has negative thoughts, which seems to be about 85% of the time.

Maybe she needs to pull a George Costanza and do the exact opposite of what she usually does. Pulverize the crystals, UN-Feng-Shui the house (throw a chair in the middle of the room just for fun!), and as mentioned above, indulge in steak, yeasty bread, cakes and cookies once in a while! She needs a good unraveling.

By the way, I'd love to see what David is like when he's not around Shannon.  All we've  seen is deer-in-headlights David, always bracing himself for the next complaint or attack. I don't think we've ever seen him relaxed and carefree.

• Love 6

I feel like Meghan is probably someone who thinks any guy who talks to her nicely is flirting with her. She seems really interested in her looks, and I guarantee that she's said at some time or another, "I only hang out with guys, girls are always jealous of me." I guarantee it lol.

I didn't see anything that resembled flirting, either. It seems like she gets some kind of satisfaction about the possibility of Shannon being upset about her husband flirting with her. I have to say, I would be upset if I were Shannon, as well. I thought that was awful of David to practically act like she was invisible in the presence of another woman. What else could you assume other than him either being embarrassed by you or trying to pretend he's not taken. That might be stretching it, but I think that's how I'd feel and I'd be hurt, too.

There is nothing wrong with Shannon putting a smile on her face, some warmth in her voice and introducing herself to whoever David is talking to, what is she, 5 years old and afraid to talk to strangers? I don't think that David thought that not introducing Shannon was a big deal because he was drunk, he was not thinking, he was just having fun. For as much as David needs to step up his supportive role for Shannon, she most certainly needs to do the same for him, especially in front of their children! She put him down in front of their daughters quite a bit last season on camera and I found that highly offensive, not just towards David but towards the girls themselves as he is their father. JMO

• Love 10

There is nothing wrong with Shannon putting a smile on her face, some warmth in her voice and introducing herself to whoever David is talking to, what is she, 5 years old and afraid to talk to strangers? I don't think that David thought that not introducing Shannon was a big deal because he was drunk, he was not thinking, he was just having fun O

Yeah Shannon made that super awkward, she went to the far end of the bar and didn't acknowledge David, it was like a test for him to turnaround and pay all of his attention to her. It was just really weird way for a wife to approach her husband much less Meghan.

• Love 6

Pretty sure Brandi was fired because of her behavior at the reunion. Even Andy looked disgusted by the things coming out of mouth.

Add to that her, Brandi's, comments/antics on her last WWHL appearance with Jeff L and the JK lawsuit, oh and the addition of LisaR who is not afraid to bring it and that is enough for her to get fired.  Maybe Meghan will end up being Tamra's replacement next season if she can stir it up enough this season and if Tamra's redemption tour fails. LOL   JMO

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out at some point that David's girlfriend reached out to Shannon in the past. She seemed awfully disturbed by a phone call from a number she didn't know from a woman's voice she wasn't familiar with, and this is all happening in front of her kids. She just seemed way too tense over hearing a strange woman's voice out of the blue.

IMHO, you nailed this one.  From the second I saw that scene, I was just sure that her initial gut instinct upon seeing the unknown number and hearing a female voice threw her right into fearful fight mode, which suggested to me that she handled herself pretty gracefully, all things considered. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah Shannon made that super awkward, she went to the far end of the bar and didn't acknowledge David, it was like a test for him to turnaround and pay all of his attention to her. It was just really weird way for a wife to approach her husband much less Meghan.

Yep, EVERYTHING is a test with her.  That's how she gets her positive strokes and it alleviates (to some degree) her severe anxiety.   Being in control is like having Xanax on board.  I'm not saying this as an insult, but as a very sad fact - Shannon is an extremely insecure person.  That's been one of the biggest driving forces within the relationship and has proven toxic.  That's at the core of the setup and culmination of the self-fulfilling prophecy we've observed.    It has caused such obvious destruction, and now is at an all-time high as a result of David's doing exactly what she feared the most.   No bueno. 

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 5
(edited)

I know I've been joking about how David's alleged mistress is Mrs. Potato Head (I forgot who started it - someone posted maybe he's just going to the hotel to eat a fucking potato in peace)

Anyhoo...I came across this video on YouTube from Sammy & Mickey

The Real Housewives of Toys R Us....look who is a cast member (LOL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RuFMdOFAe-k

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 2

"The Oscars for insurance people" will never not be funny.

The thought of Vicki tugging at her "loud" g-string in a too tight dress accepting the insurance version of a bald, naked man statue is joy.

• Love 11

The thought of Vicki tugging at her "loud" g-string in a too tight dress accepting the insurance version of a bald, naked man statue is joy.

Wasn't Vicki up against the Aflack Duck, the Progressive girl, and Gerald McRaney?

• Love 9

Wasn't Vicki up against the Aflack Duck, the Progressive girl, and Gerald McRaney?

In all fairness to Vicki she probably did look better in her g-string than the Progressive girl.....

• Love 4

I haven't watched this show in years. I don't know if it was this show or the 100th episode special, but I thought I spotted Vicki bragging that the show is "hers." Didn't Jeanna start the original season, having the Bravo connections and pulling in Vicky and others?

I'm kind of fascinated by the prideful, wretched excess that is Heather and Terry. It still astounds me that people with their apparent success and wealth, and all the satisfaction and security that must provide, still feel the need to be on TV. Of the two of them, Terry's the bigger offender.

• Love 4

I haven't watched this show in years. I don't know if it was this show or the 100th episode special, but I thought I spotted Vicki bragging that the show is "hers." Didn't Jeanna start the original season, having the Bravo connections and pulling in Vicky and others?

I'm kind of fascinated by the prideful, wretched excess that is Heather and Terry. It still astounds me that people with their apparent success and wealth, and all the satisfaction and security that must provide, still feel the need to be on TV. Of the two of them, Terry's the bigger offender.

I actually think that the most horrendous person ever to grace the show - IMO worse than Gretehen, Slade or Tamra - actually started the ball rolling for the original cast. Vicki's son Micheal apparently saw a notice in the local paper that they were casting the show, which at the time was only supposed to give a glimpse at their lives and last for only 7 or so episodes. He talked Vicki into doing it with the the idea it would allow her to showcase her business. She talked Jeanna into doing it for the same reasons. Jo and Slade were the very first ones cast, however, as Slade was close friends and a neighbor of the original creator of the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
For some reason, the life insurance industry hands out sales awards like Halloween candy.

Apparently working hard and ethically and having a degree of success isn't enough for these desperate little agents.   I hope Vicki is impressing her audience (and Brooks sp?) as much as she's trying to impress herself and Shannon.

Do those very pretty, expensive, and fragile undies REALLY belong to Vickie...and/or fit her?

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 2
For as much as David needs to step up his supportive role for Shannon, she most certainly needs to do the same for him, especially in front of their children! She put him down in front of their daughters quite a bit last season on camera and I found that highly offensive, not just towards David but towards the girls themselves as he is their father.

I don't watch this show regularly, so it has been awhile since I've seen David.  His face seems to deteriorate before my eyes.  Is there a beautiful oil painting of him somewhere where he remains handsome, happy, and healthy while he falls into constant bitchface mode?   I say, run, David, run.   Oh, Bravo.  Dump Shannon before she hurts herself.

• Love 3

Bravo should probably give Heather and Terry a spinoff show where all they do is talk about how much everything they buy costs. The price of just those cabinets would pay for 3 mansions where I live.

They could do it like the old pop up video show.  Tonight we're showing the kitchen...........Terry or Heather talks, then pop, pop, pop...........The cost of the cabinets would feed a family of 4 for 25 years........etc.

• Love 8
(edited)

When Heather and Terry talk about the cost of their cabinets, sink, and movie theater...all I can think is "Damn, you're getting royally screwed!"  I don't care if it is OC, the amounts of money they are quoting are completely outrageous.  I have a friend (also a doctor) who paid $30K to have a custom bar made for his house when he could have bought a similar one the same size from a retailer for a fraction of the price.  Weird. 

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 2

Vicki is so incredibly delusional.  Years ago, she told Donn that she was invited to ride on the Zamboni during an Anaheim Ducks hockey game because the organization wanted to pay tribute to successful professionals in OC or some such shit.  She actually seemed to believe that was the reason, as if it had nothing to do with her being on the television show. 

• Love 1

Don't forget Jake from State Farm. I heard he wore a thong under his khakis.

I heard the Geico gekko wants a recount.  

When Vicki gave her acceptance speech, did her voice morph into the deep voice like the Allstate commercials?  Indeed.

• Love 4

Tamra was so thirsty to get people to notice her hundredth boob job. Girl dont nobody care.

"Ive been saved so you can suck it."

She said saved and suck it in the same sentence. Hehe.

Sooooo she’s found Jesus and new Jugs around the same time….. ? I find these turn of events so damn funny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

That's not a little bit of BS, that's a whole lot of BS. Heather is probably one of the most humorless people I've seen on reality television and I have no doubt she would take that young chick and body slam her. I can just picture it now.

She is from The Bronx after all..... :-P

The funniest thing to me about this whole episode was that Terry apparently had no idea that Tamra has new implants. He made some comment to the effect that he didn't know what she was doing differently but that she looked great.

Speaking of Tamra, I have a solution to Eddie being upset that she has not changed her surname to his. A dozen years ago my then fiance (now hubby) was also upset when I told him that I had no intention of changing my name when we got married. I told him that had been my name for many years and I saw no reason to change it. I did offer though that if he wanted to change his name to mine, to be my guest. He never brought up the subject again.

So if Eddie wants Tamra to change her name because she has Simon's name, or he just wants them to have the same surname I suggest that she tell Eddie that she will change her name - back to her maiden name and he can change his name to hers. It has always bugged me that men give no thought to their expectation that a woman change her name, but most men would be horrified at the thought of changing their own name to their spouse's. Especially in a situation like Tamra and Eddie's where they will not be having children together - Astro aside.

Oh, Tamballs! You are just so adorable! When she said, in that illiterate trailer monkey drawl of hers, "Can't we just call it, 'bubbly wine?'" I got the impression that now that she's a grandma, she's trying to be down-to-earth and likable. Uh...no. Tamballs, you shall forever be associated with trying to get your rapey-eyed spawn to rape Gretchen on naked wasted night.

And when you coyly asked, "Don't I look like a grandma?" Why yes, you do. You look like a middle-aged hag who calved a kid at 19 and is now pushing fifty. Any other questions?!