Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Spoilers (Plus Elimination Info)

• Start Topic

(edited)

The first PitStop is Arpoador, an area flanking Copacabana/Ipanema.

Kelly/Shevonne checked in last place behind one of the other F/F teams (do Jazmine/Danielle and Krista/Tiffany look that much alike?).

The sole EP allegedly went to one of the non-dwarf M/M pairs, either the Bostonian dance sensations Ernest/Jin or the Texan meatheads Tanner/Josh.

Amusingly, the winner of the Starting Line Challenge, green Philly couple Justin/Diana, came in ninth.

Edited by Vyas
(edited)

Courtesy of the Route Spoiler thread's OP, the following teams are safe as of Leg 3:

From Adam [Mukendi]'s pic review:

He saw 5 teams on his flight:

First team to arrive at boarding in Sao Paolo was Jazmine & "Sis"
*Jazmine (written on bag) & Sister - look fit but lil tired.

*Asian looking man & W. girl friend - Having fun

Denise Williams & James Earl Corley were in
Cindy & Rick Chac were in
Justin Scheman & Diana Bishop were ...But I think he is the one limping right leg. Also went back to plane for a green jersey.

From Pic review:
Ernest Phillips & Jin Lao - were NOT in the plane

Alex Manard & Adam Dingeman NOT in the Plane

As well as the SoCal media couple:

1973441_10207081675466072_33199821822230

Edited by Vyas
(edited)

Here are the current standings two-thirds into the race:

11th: Kelly and Shevonne (unseen since the end of Leg 1, Rio de Janeiro's Arpoador promontory)

10th: Ernest and Jin or Alex and Adam (neither seen arriving at South Africa's Tambo Airport after having flown from South America)

9th: Ernest and Jin or Alex and Adam (neither seen arriving at South Africa's Tambo Airport after having flown from South America)

8th: one of Jazmine/Danielle, Joey/Kelsey, or Chris/Logan (unseen in either Paris or the Hague)

Safe up to the F7: Krista/Tiffany, JamesEarl/Denise, Justin/Diana, and Rick/Cindy (all seen either in France or en route from Africa)

Safe up to the F6: Tanner/Josh (supposedly seen in Krakow)

Edited by Vyas

With the Leg 4 F8 NEL and Leg 6 F7 TBC all but official, there will be either a Leg 9 F5 NEL or a Leg 10 F4 NEL (personally, the latter seems likelier given the sudden shift from 9/7/5 during S22 to 8/6/4 during S23 and last season's being 9/6/5).

(edited)

Justin/Diana, JamesEarl/Denise, Krista/Tiffany, and Chris/Logan have made it past Europe and will be racing onwards into Asia as the bulk of the F5:

Sources:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TAR%2027/Airport%20Krakow-Mun/Krakow.jpg(Nebnebs via Georgia Peach)

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TAR%2027/Airport%20Krakow-Mun/rwruck1.jpg(rwruck via Georgia Peach)

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TAR%2027/Airport%20Krakow-Mun/rwruck2.jpg(rwruck via Georgia Peach)

Edited by Vyas

Since you are  persistently lifting photos from RFF anyway, please could you  at least use the ones with photo credit markings so the original owner is protected? Thanks. We don't mind sharing info you know.... just please don't hotlink.

• Love 2

It appears that Krista/Tiffany made it past the Subcontinent and reached the site of the penultimate leg, the Pearl River Delta megalopolis:

My friend just saw teams outside the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong!! She said she saw a green team holding a clue with cameramen, no further details yet..

I saw the green team with the two women and I saw them at the ferry terminal

Yes, I guess going, the ferry goes to Macau I think :) sorry no pics and about 30 mins ago

This terminal is an international one with TurboJet, I think it is Macau but I'm not 100% sure

Sources:

RFF'er and HK local serendpity plus Adam Wong @ _adamwong_ via Georgia Peach

Revised standings as of the end of the race:

11th: Shevonne/Kelly (unseen since the end of Leg 1, Rio de Janeiro's Arpoador promontory)

10th: Jin/Ernest or Adam/Alex (neither seen arriving at South Africa's Tambo Airport after having flown from South America)

9th: Jin/Ernest or Adam/Alex (neither seen arriving at South Africa's Tambo Airport after having flown from South America)

8th: one of Danielle/Jazmine or Kelsey/Joey (unattested and unseen, respectively, since Legs 4/5, Victoria Falls)

7th: one of Danielle/Jazmine, Kelsey/Joey, or Cindy/Rick (Chacattack unseen since the start of Leg 6 at South Africa's Tambo Airport bound for Europe)

6th: one of Danielle/Jazmine, Kelsey/Joey, Cindy/Rick, or Tanner/Josh (Team TX unseen since Leg 8, Krakow)

Safe up to the F5: Denise/JamesEarl, Diana/Justin, and Logan/Chris (unseen since the start of Leg 9, Poland's Chopin Airport bound for Asia)

Safe up to the F4: Tiffany/Krista (Team NYC unseen since Leg 11, Macau/HK)

New York City weather conditions are apparently dire enough that sightings have yet to surface, much like the latest All-Stars finale in Las Vegas.

It turns out that the Santa Monica reporters beat out the UC: Riverside lady-athletes in "The Battle between Socal at Zambezi". *

11th: Shevonne/Kelly (unseen since the end of Leg 1, Rio de Janeiro's Arpoador promontory)
10th: Jin/Ernest or Adam/Alex (neither seen arriving at South Africa's Tambo Airport after having flown from South America)
9th: Jin/Ernest or Adam/Alex (neither seen arriving at South Africa's Tambo Airport after having flown from South America)
8th: Danielle/Jazmine (unattested since Legs 4/5, Victoria Falls)
7th: Cindy/Rick or Kelsey/Joey (Chacattack unseen since the start of Leg 6 at South Africa's Tambo Airport bound for Europe and KEYT Channel 3 unseen since Leg 6, Paris)

6th: Kelsey/Joey, Cindy/Rick, or Tanner/Josh (Team TX unseen since Leg 8, Krakow)

Safe up to the F5: Denise/JamesEarl, Diana/Justin, and Logan/Chris (unseen since the start of Leg 9, Poland's Chopin Airport bound for Asia)

Safe up to the F4: Tiffany/Krista (Team NYC unseen since Leg 11, Macau/HK)

* Source:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/AllAboutTAR/tar27/sacre_couer_july_third.jpg (FB posting via Candi Lee)

Oh.  It seems as though Tiffany & Christa not only made the F4, but apparently have a good chance of being part of the F3.  A Hong Kong local saw them in first place by a pretty wide margin upon their arrival:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31228.msg1120103.html#msg1120103.

They must've gotten a good flight.  And someone who apparently saw them getting a cab later confirmed they were well ahead.  So if this holds out, we might have a women's team in the F3 this season!  Good way to make up for having none whatsoever in the cast last season!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OSveOcG1tmM

Several ambiguities in the boot order may now be ascertained:

10th: Adam/Alex (last seen at Galeão Airport en route to Leg 2, Buenos Aires)
9th: Jin/Ernest (last seen with gaucho dancers in the background at San Antonio de Areco) #
8th: Danielle/Jazmine (unattested since Legs 4/5, Victoria Falls)
7th: Cindy/Rick (last seen serving buffet in the Randstad) %

Safe up to the F6: Denise/JamesEarl, Logan/Chris, Diana/Justin, Kelsey/Joey, and Tanner/Josh (the first three unseen since the start of Leg 9, Poland's Chopin Airport bound for Asia, the fourth last seen at Agra's Raja ki Mandi Marketplace ^, and the fifth last seen carrying vegetables with South Asian man in the background +)

Safe up to the F4: Tiffany/Krista (unseen since Leg 11, Macau/HK)

# Past Argentine visits have consistently restricted their presence to outside the capital (BsAs invariably features tango dancers instead):

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac121/strainos5011/TAR27CAPS/TAR2700157_zps7s2fb4ws.png

% French and Polish seafood would be more common in non-landlocked cities, to say nothing of the low-key/Protestant outfits beneath the requisite chefs' hats:

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac121/strainos5011/TAR27CAPS/TAR2700156_zps585y4d6l.png

^ Also the site of the second W-Turn Board:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/AllAboutTAR/tar27/11140373_773321142784807_1214261640974964410_n.jpg

+ The local/judge/bystander is unmistakable:

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac121/strainos5011/TAR27CAPS/TAR2700160_zpskdhjsctn.png

Edited by Vyas

So far, the bootlist has been going as speculated by RFF.  Kelly & Shevonne went out first, Alex & Adam went out second, and Ernest & Jin went out third.  Plus, leg four was a TBC (though not an NEL, as RFF had initially speculated).  That means, if this keeps up, then sadly, we lose Jazmine & Danielle on leg five.  Leg six in Paris will be either an NEL or another TBC, and then, in Amsterdam, we lose Cindy & Rick.

From there, I don't know how the race will go.  RFF has determined that Poland will be the last NEL, meaning that the three Asia legs will make up a three-leg elimination run (or a two-leg elimination run before another F4 twist is imposed on us in Hong Kong), but I have no clue who's gone.  The only things clear are that Tiffany & Krista are definitely in the F4, and Justin & Diana are, as well.  RFF suspects Kelsey & Joey might be, as well, but they're not as sure.  But if they are . . . who out of Denise James & Earl, Tanner & Josh, and Logan & Chris will fill that fourth spot?

I have a sneaking suspicion that Justin & Diana and Tanner & Josh's rivalry has been played up this hard and this quickly because one of the teams eliminated in Asia will be Tanner & Josh, so they want to get it out of the way before it happens.  They could easily make it to the end, but with their edit, and the hint that Justin threw in after their U-Turn plan went belly-up, I wouldn't be surprised if a late-game U-Turn takes them right out, and the editing was setting things up for that.

in Amsterdam, we lose Cindy & Rick.

Wrong city alert! That should be "in the Hague after visiting Rotterdam and Kinderdijk".

(It's especially jarring after last season's ninth leg/episode, but unsurprising given Cole's/Donny Ketchum's/Paron Xanthis's mantra, "Oh, details, details, spare me. When I hear "U.K.," I think of England, and that's it. Never think of Scotland or Ireland as part of it.")

The only things clear are that Tiffany & Krista are definitely in the F4, and Justin & Diana are, as well.  RFF suspects Kelsey & Joey might be, as well, but they're not as sure. 

Where is the evidence for the bolded?

Wrong city alert! That should be "in the Hague after visiting Rotterdam and Kinderdijk".

(It's especially jarring after last season's ninth leg/episode, but unsurprising given Cole's/Donny Ketchum's/Paron Xanthis's mantra, "Oh, details, details, spare me. When I hear "U.K.," I think of England, and that's it. Never think of Scotland or Ireland as part of it.")

Where is the evidence for the bolded?

RFF saw a trailer showing Justin & Diana in a trailer before the season started that seemed to show them in Macau somewhere.  They showed bits of almost every leg save for the final one.  It might've changed if they've realized they actually saw them somewhere else, but for now, they think they're in the F4, as well.

It is possible to ask for evidence without being brusque and rude. Those of you who are skeptical of the statements of others should be careful in phrasing such requests.

Thanks.

• Love 2

These finalists are the most unspoiled since UB/S19: Brenchel were photographed in Honolulu, the Chippies in NYC, Roller Derby in DC, and the entire F4s of the last two seasons at Narita-via-Manila/Lima; a sighting of ER Doctors and Boston Strong in Tokyo meant that at least one would race onto Juneau; and Miss Cleo told all about the unnameable season.

Congrats to a "confidential" news outlet for revealing that Logan & Chris are indeed in the finals - it appears that the still image of the Paps on NY waters from the Season Preview was no red herring:

AmazingRaceFish.jpg

Source: Dan's Papers (local Hamptons bulletin)

Nay, screencap analysis shows Green running to the Mat with Paparazzi's dropped backpacks in the foreground - if the latter had incurred a penalty, Phil would more likely have turned them back to fix their mistake seeing as teams flying to the finale city post-AS1 have been bunched together without exception (including the last two seasons).

Ever since Season 19, it's uncanny how every four seasons end in an all-couple finale with a same-sex team booted on the penultimate leg.

Ernie & Cindy had arguably the most negative edit among their F3, Jason & Amy the most neutral - if such a pattern continues, then it might boil down to which of Green and Reporters is more positive. ;)

Edited by Supay

I need spoilers, too. Where's the in-depth sun-location analysis like last year, when the winning team was discovered based on one second screencaps that correctly identified the order of the racers based on analysis of how the sun was casting shadows of each team? That was wild.

There is apparently some information about someone stealing Justin and Diana's cab and that puts them too far behind. It seems too good to be true that they don't win, but the spoilers about Logan and Chris have been out there for a couple of weeks, even before the U-turn.

Edited by valen
  • Love 1

If you are interested, there are new press pictures up at realityfanforum in the thread for the finale and there's a decent amount of analysis. They still aren't decided for sure on who the winner is, and there seems to be some indication that it might be Kelsey and Joey, which I would love. There is little evidence to support a Justin and Diana win. They are amazing over there.

• Love 2

Ugh, if Chris and Logan win it will be the first time ever I'll skip the finale. In fact if Kelsey and Joey (whose names I still didn't know and had to scroll to find) win I'll still probably skip the finale. Very disappointing season.

Wandered over here to see if Justin loses, so I can watch tonight live instead of waiting to see results first

I looked at the realityfanforum thread and I don't see anything conclusive.  Just a lot of speculation.  For example, I see people saying "the person in the background of the pic of Justin assembling the chairs standing by the two dune buggies is Chris.  Therefore Joey and Kelsey are long gone".  I don't see why this dune buggy can't belong to production?  They could have their own dune buggy to drive alongside the teams and get video, and the blurry person standing by one of them could be from production?

Likewise, I'm not sure what the videos conclusively prove.  All videos can be edited to look misleading.  Can someone elucidate any indisputable details that I'm missing?

Edited by blackwing

I agree, Blackwing - RFF does some good work, but they also get into the weeds sometimes with the speculation.

OTOH, they usually call the winners correctly. I've long suspected that some of them know but have decided not to share all of their info about the final leg.

The thing that stands out to me is that when K/J get to the crab task, there are three sea doos. They are first. Then, the video of Justin where Diana tells him not to give up, seems to suggest he's last. 

• Love 2

Based on the editing, I don't think Logan and Chris have a chance in hell of winning. I would honestly love to see it happen, but there's just no way. They've been portrayed far too negatively for that and all of their strengths seem to have been severely underplayed.

Really, in my eyes, Joey and Kelsey are the only possible winners, although again, I would laugh my ass off if they wound up coming in second yet again, to Logan and Chris as the winners.

• Love 1

The thing that stands out to me is that when K/J get to the crab task, there are three sea doos. They are first. Then, the video of Justin where Diana tells him not to give up, seems to suggest he's last. 

Thanks valen. I guess maybe I'm jaded, I could easily see production putting an extra jet ski back so teams don't know where they stand.

I'm not so sure that a negative edit means that Logan/Chris and Justin/Diana necessarily lose.  There have been quite a number of fairly negative edit winners:  Flo Pesenti, KKK Kendra, Cindy of Cindy and Pack Mule Ernie.

But I'm pulling for Joey and Kelsey.  I do hope that the existence of three sea doos means they are in first.  I presume they take the sea doo to the beach to assemble the chairs.  And I like the thinking that Justin being in the middle tent and a closer tent in the background with assembled chairs means that Joey and Kelsey finished.

I'd like to think the shot of Joey and Kelsey running on the beach is of them full out sprinting to first place.

• Love 1