Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Mother Schmucker's B&B

Mary has unexpected guests before the bed-and-breakfast opens, so she treats them to a real Amish experience. Meanwhile, Rebecca has a confrontation with Jeremiah, who responds by reaching out to Katie Ann.

• Love 1

I can see Mary’s B&B failing even with produced found guests.  No one in real life would ever want to stay there if made to cook, clean or do manual labour.  I hope those people didn't pay.  Kate was the voice of reason.  Abe, pushed them a bit too far?!?  Ya think?
I sort of felt bad for Moses until I thought, yeah produced made up plot.
These people are dumb as dumb can be. Besides that… why am I so stupid to be watching this crap??

(edited)

Wow are they even trying to pretend it's real anymore?  

Katie apparently has temporary paralysis and sits the the chair crocheting the entire time the "guests" were there.  The guests do chores all morning and never ask where's breakfast (after chores I mean, I know they showed the guests asking on the way out to the barn), mid-afternoon comes and goes, night comes and they still never ask if they're going to eat?  When exactly did Mary and her family eat?  Did they never have food all day that they didn't realize they hadn't feed their guest?  Did Mary suddenly block the bathroom or did that guest (Ken, Keith?) not pee all day that it's night and he's just now asking Mary about the roped off bathroom?  Who is watching Rebecca's kids?  They were at the B&B for dinner, they were there early next morning and  it was made to look like they stayed all day until after dark - not one mention of the kids, a baby sitter.  They're like sitcom kids - when it's needed for the plot they're "upstairs playing" or just not mentioned.

There was so, so much wrong with this episode

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 2

Okay, so I know that the whole thing is obviously scripted, but was anyone else pained watching Katie Ann get sister-zoned? Ugh it was hard to watch him ask her if it was true that she like him, and her try to be kind of coy, saying "maybeee." Yikes. Girlfriend is like 17-19 years old, he's over 30 with a legal record and 3 kids that haven't been mentioned in awhile. Yes, I know it's fake but it was still so uncomfortable to watch.

Mary's bed and breakfast bores me. This show is jumping the shark, and I predict this will be the last season.

(edited)

So putting aside that the entire thing (besides Chapel's cancer) is fake -

Who on earth would think this is a good idea for a B&B? Forcing someone to wear dirty Amish clothes is one thing, but now they're going to do all your chores as well? And THEY'RE paying YOU? Ha, Mary, you are an idiot! Also, why is there even a bathroom upstairs if you're going to make people use the outhouse? Do YOU drag your fat ass to the outhouse every night? Somehow I doubt it. 

How much did they have to pay KA to pretend to like Jeremiah? Skeevy. But seeing Reeeebecca push him off the ladder made it all worth it!

These people are dumb as dumb can be. Besides that… why am I so stupid to be watching this crap??

Because right now there is NOTHING else on on Sunday nights? Thankfully Big Brother is back this week. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4

All I could think of after hearing that the guests didn't eat was, "I bet Mary's fat ass ate. I know she didn't go without a meal." She should really listen to Kate. Her forceful and demanding way with the guests is going to ruin her business before it ever gets off the ground.

• Love 3

Wow are they even trying to pretend it's real anymore?  

Katie apparently has temporary paralysis and sits the the chair crocheting the entire time the "guests" were there.  The guests do chores all morning and never ask where's breakfast (after chores I mean, I know they showed the guests asking on the way out to the barn), mid-afternoon comes and goes, night comes and they still never ask if they're going to eat?  When exactly did Mary and her family eat?  Did they never have food all day that they didn't realize they hadn't feed their guest?  Did Mary suddenly block the bathroom or did that guest (Ken, Keith?) not pee all day that it's night and he's just now asking Mary about the roped off bathroom?  Who is watching Rebecca's kids?  They were at the B&B for dinner, they were there early next morning and  it was made to look like they stayed all day until after dark - not one mention of the kids, a baby sitter.  They're like sitcom kids - when it's needed for the plot they're "upstairs playing" or just not mentioned.

There was so, so much wrong with this episode

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You just saved me from having to write up a whole post because those were the exact same questions that came to me. The eating, the not knowing he had to go to an outhouse until it was cold and dark, Rebecca's kids.

Also, adding a few more.

Kate rushes to PA after Mary went to the hospital. Which, most people would hear what's going on, if it's serious or not before taking off. But, off she goes. And Mary is ok now. Yet, Kate just happens to stay? She doesn't have modeling to do back in NY?

Katie Ann's crush on Jeremiah. She's known him all this time and develops a crush on him? It's not like he's dashing and handsome where someone could realize they do like him. No, Jeremiah is one of those idiots, the longer you know him, the more creeper toolish he becomes. And for a shy girl with no boy experience whatsoever, she has no problem telling him (without getting nervous or tripping over her words) it could be him. And just like that, he tells her there's no chance and that's ok with her! No disappointment or heartbreak at all.

And here comes Chapel, the Debbie Downer of the group. It's all lighthearted and bed and breakfast-y and then there's Chapel like a gray cloud. And she's there doing what she does every week. Drive in the car, talking to herself (the camera) about cancer and if she should do chemo (hasn't she been trying to decide for over a year now?) and how she wants to live longer and how Andrew was her biggest supporter and now he's gone. Same car ride, same speech, different day.

• Love 2

You can tell when Mary is trying her acting chops. Her voice gets higher and questionable and he hands are out palms up (like when someone asks a question). You can see it when she asked if the guests ever ate. She's doing it again next week (in the commercial) when she asks Katie Ann what her dad would say to bull riding.