Type keyword(s) to search

Foreign Commercials

Kromm
  • Start Topic

I thought this was going to be Rosemary's Baby.  It's Damien the internet savvy infant.

Gawdawful.

I was torn on this ad.  It's McDonald's Brazil so it's all about soccer.  Good concept, just misses on the execution.  And it's so long.  So very very long.

I thought this was going to be Rosemary's Baby.  It's Damien the internet savvy infant.

Gawdawful.

I think you might have been right the first time - that IS Satan's spawn, as far as I'm concerned.

6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I just found this thread, and I was wondering if other countries air as many prescription ads as they do here in the U.S.    

I think the US is the only country that has prescription ads. I could be wrong 

7 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I think the US is the only country that has prescription ads. I could be wrong 

Yeah, I was just wondering about that.  Perhaps someone outside the U.S. can answer.

In Australia, a workaround is (or was) for a drug manufacturer to air ads that basically described a problem, like obesity, and within the ad, claimed treatment might be available via contacting your GP. No drug could ever be promoted or suggested. This example described Xenical/Orlistat when it was prescription only (20 years ago). I can’t recall anything being promoted since. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/20/2018 at 9:25 PM, kokapetl said:

In Australia, a workaround is (or was) for a drug manufacturer to air ads that basically described a problem, like obesity, and within the ad, claimed treatment might be available via contacting your GP. No drug could ever be promoted or suggested. This example described Xenical/Orlistat when it was prescription only (20 years ago). I can’t recall anything being promoted since. 

I’ve seen similar ads here in the US(a general description of the condition, followed by “talk to your doctor/visit this website to learn about a prescription treatment option”), but not recently.

Thought we had a thread dedicated to Canadian commercials but it seems to be gone now, so I assume this is where they go now.

Saw a commercial with Peter Mansbridge (and co-staring Peter Mansbridge x infinity) over the weekend (most of the time I FF past them). As a commercial it was neat, since it basically mosaiced him through the years into a Press conference type setting where he 'interviewed' himself. 

On the flip side, I'm disappointed/annoyed that it was ultimately for Reverse Home Mortgages and I'm sad such a respected personality is doing that sort of thing now. 

• Like 1