Type keyword(s) to search

How to Know You're a GG Devotee

• Start Topic

What moments in real life remind you of GG and transport you back to a favorite moment or episode?

Today I watched a construction crew, thinking about Rebuilding Together, but then a worker walked by wearing yellow rubber boots and I was transported to Luke and Lorelai shopping from his boat catalog.

Totally lost the conversation thread I was in.

• Love 3

I went to an Italian restaurant last year their specials were Osso Bucco, and Sand Dabs... naturally I got the Osso Bucco because of Lorelai enjoying it with Max Medina and the girls negative reaction to Emily serving them Sand Dabs.  That in itself was amusing enough but than on the the dessert menu there was chocolate praline cake just like Rory's 21st birthday. I started laughing and couldn't properly explain myself to my family because they aren't crazy obsessive about this show.

• Love 3

When you own all seven seasons individually on DVD but still often feel compelled to record the reruns on ABC Family...AND, despite being broke, seriously consider buying the box set of all the seasons in case something mysterious happens to your existing DVDs or they simply get worn out through overuse. Somehow owning "only" one copy of this show doesn't feel enough! Oh, and that's ignoring the fact that you also own several of your favorite episodes online as well.  

You do your fair share of snarking and complaining about the show but feel oddly defensive when an "outsider" who's just discovering the show dares to criticize it...kind of like how YOU can complain about your maddening but beloved family members but are indignant when anyone else does :) 

You get ridiculously excited to meet fellow fans, only to realize with a pang of disappointment that most non-you people define that merely as having once derived a modicum of enjoyment from the show rather than, say, knowing every single episode title and trivial details about every single character. They're apt to stare at you with a mixture of bewilderment and horror when you start rattling off quotes verbatim and expect them to know the exact scene during which they were spoken...go figure!  

• Love 2

This basically a "You know you're obsessed when..." thread, right?

Anyway, sometimes when my 22 month old daughter says Up it sounds like "UPoo" (caps to show pronunciation emphasis). Today she was walking around saying Up, Down, Up, Down only it came out "UPoo, down, UPoo, down."

Me: Apple down?

• LOL 1

I would say for me, I know it because I keep coming back to this message board. 

In fact, perhaps before the reboot we should have a communal rewatch. It'd be interesting to hear folks here's perhaps fresher takes on the series. 

I don't know how long it'll stay on netflix though...if anyone has any insight into that kind of thing, let me know. I haven't shelled out for the DVDs, but I really probably should. My goal is to have all my favorite shows on DVD, in case, as some people think, big DVD releases stop happening. 

While also making me wonder why I'm the only female on the planet who still doesn't see those Birkin Bags as anything special! Then again, I own only $10 purses purchased from random street vendors, so I don't think my opinion holds much weight here!

You're not the only one! And my last purse was bought about 5 years ago for $9 at a Goodwill, so I love your opinions on purses!

• Love 1

I'm rewriting the entire show in diary form, but changing all the silly parts that didn't make sense, were later contradicted, or didn't go anywhere. And it's set in the present (because the show was always in the current year), so everything has to be updated, including people's names and the pop culture references. And I'm writing it in real time, so it will take me seven years (I started last September). 

I don't think this actually proves I'm a devotee so much as a nutcase. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Tonight, I was handing my spouse the kids’ cups over the breakfast bar behind me for refills. We were joking around about how it was like a diner. “Order up!” and whatnot. 

Spouse: You know what this makes me think of?

Me: In Living Color?

S: No, Gilmore Girls. That one where Lorelai-

Me: Oh, “Adam and Eve on a raft and wreck ‘em!” 

S: Yeah, that one. 

Me: That was Dead Uncles and Vegetables. Jess’ first season, but I don’t remember which episode.

S: (Fake disappointed sigh for my incomplete trivia knowledge)

• Love 4

I bought a house last fall and at closing, the seller's agent was a ringer for Jason Stiles.  When we were all making small talk while something was getting copied/faxed/signed/whatever, he joked that it was all my fault and now the house costs more.  I said "Okay, look here, Digger..." without being aware of my audience.  Then I had to explain.  

Fast forward two months, our town has a Halloween parade, and his real estate office was lined up in front of my office's float.  Of course, right?  So I walked up and said "Oh hey, Digger."  He got very animated and told me that he briefly mentioned it to his wife that night, and she said "OMG YES YOU DO LOOK LIKE HIM! Oh, I like that person.  I'm glad she bought that house."  hahahahahaha 

He does not have a dog named Cyrus, which was simultaneously a total bummer and a total "whew!" moment. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 2/25/2019 at 4:37 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

I bought a house last fall and at closing, the seller's agent was a ringer for Jason Stiles.  When we were all making small talk while something was getting copied/faxed/signed/whatever, he joked that it was all my fault and now the house costs more.  I said "Okay, look here, Digger..." without being aware of my audience.  Then I had to explain.  

Fast forward two months, our town has a Halloween parade, and his real estate office was lined up in front of my office's float.  Of course, right?  So I walked up and said "Oh hey, Digger."  He got very animated and told me that he briefly mentioned it to his wife that night, and she said "OMG YES YOU DO LOOK LIKE HIM! Oh, I like that person.  I'm glad she bought that house."  hahahahahaha 

He does not have a dog named Cyrus, which was simultaneously a total bummer and a total "whew!" moment. 

I still swear that wasn't a dog, it was a cyborg.

• Love 2