Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Fuelfood

• Start Topic

On 6/30/2017 at 2:33 PM, Thrifty said:

I can't do food logging.  This isn't like balancing a checkbook where you can go days without spending money that you have to log.  Trying to log food 4 or 5 times a day just makes me cranky and destroys my will to diet.

Yeah, that's why I suggest making it a habit. You can start it while eating what you want and then once it's ingrained, then change your targets. That way you're not trying to learn 2 new habits at once. It may not be the right method for everyone, but I got to the point where it feels uncomfortable to eat without logging immediately.  Anyway, just a thought.

8 hours ago, Amarsir said:

Yeah, that's why I suggest making it a habit. You can start it while eating what you want and then once it's ingrained, then change your targets. That way you're not trying to learn 2 new habits at once. It may not be the right method for everyone, but I got to the point where it feels uncomfortable to eat without logging immediately.  Anyway, just a thought.

Believe me, I have tried over the course of the past 21 years during the weight loss phases of my life.  It seems to work the opposite way for me.  I can be very thorough on tracking at first, but as time goes on, it becomes more and more of a drag and leads me to falling off the wagon.

I've been trying a ketogenic diet lately and it's working well for me.  I don't go nuts with food, but I don't have to log on to a computer or an app 12 times a day to account for every bite, lick, and taste.  I've tracked a few times to get a feel for my daily caloric intake, and it's about normal, around 1700 - 1800.

• Love 1