Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Songs Of Experience

I'm 27 and when I see high schoolers most look older than me now! I think they put something in the chicken to make girls look older it's crazy. I look at aria and hanna and to me those to look like juniors and freshman in high school. If I wasn't worried about stalkers I'd post pics of girls who are very young but look much older

• Love 4

One explanation for Andrew's outburst is that it's his way of making the PLLs think he's not on the A-team. It would also explain why A did a shitty job of framing Andrew, if even the incompetent Rosewood police were eventually able to poke enough holes in all the "evidence" that they realized they couldn't hold him. By framing Andrew and then clearing him, and then him ranting at length about how he has been wrongly accused, he looks innocent. So, I think he's an A-team member.

I really hope Sara is not Emily's next love interest, because I would find that kind of skeevy on Emily's part. Sara has been locked up for two years. Her psychological development essentially stopped. She's more of a young teenager as opposed to the older teenagers the PLLs are. She isn't at Emily's level and won't be for some time to come, to say nothing of the damage to her psyche done, and I would find Emily getting involved with her to be akin to the adult males constantly getting involved with the teenage girls. Sara needs a lot of therapy and a platonic support system.

It seems to me the Hastings parents should also be aware of Charles/Charlie's existence, since they were in the DiLaurentis sphere well before that photo was taken - Peter fathered Jason, after all.

• Love 2

Hanna has carried purses like that (similar size/shape) in the same way (on the forearm), as did Mona. They (and Ali) are supposed to be the most fashion forward and their bags are in line with that.

I cringe when I see anyone (teen or adult) carrying bags on their forearms. Purses are heavier than everyone thinks and carrying that much weight on your forearm, which was not intended to be a rack for a 10-20 pound purse, can cause damage. Jane Birkin famously said she stopped carrying the Hermès bag that was named after her because it caused pain and carpal tunnel syndrome.

• Love 2

I got this from the pixie cut and from the supposed "I'll kill her if you talk" :Can I just say that I think Charles is Charlie NOT charles, and that Charlie and Sarah Harvey are the same person?  That the little boy in the photo could be a girl (I know women named Charlie) or Sarah's name for herself.  I know she'd have to be older, but this is pretty Little Liars time, not reality.  The new pixie cut I think was a clue.  That and the fact that we know that Sarah's parents don't care for her much, that she ran away right before she was kidnapped and then again after she was "found."  If this has to be moved please move it, I've posted elsewhere on this forum but not in the PLL forum.  But that is what I conclude from this episode. 

• Love 6

Am I the only one who finds the therapist shady? Didn't A get rid of her a few seasons ago? And now it's like nothing happened and she is ok to see the girls again?

Yes! My current theory is that she found Charles at Radley and adopted him. She's always mentioning her son. It would also explain how Mona had the game stolen in Radley, the security clearances, etc.

She just seems shady.

• Love 3

There has to be something up with Dr. Sullivan, she keeps coming back! If she didn't come back after the season when Mona was revealed as "A", it would make sense because if all she was was the liars and Monas therapist, then that story is done and over. So no need for her to return, but she keeps showing up and that means shes sort of integral to the plot. If she is Charles adoptive mother, perhaps it's a mother looking to gain revenge for her son and she is helping out with the this plan of torturing the liars..

Like, Black Veil?
She does have the body for it

I got this from the pixie cut and from the supposed "I'll kill her if you talk" :Can I just say that I think Charles is Charlie NOT charles, and that Charlie and Sarah Harvey are the same person? That the little boy in the photo could be a girl (I know women named Charlie) or Sarah's name for herself. I know she'd have to be older, but this is pretty Little Liars time, not reality. The new pixie cut I think was a clue. That and the fact that we know that Sarah's parents don't care for her much, that she ran away right before she was kidnapped and then again after she was "found." If this has to be moved please move it, I've posted elsewhere on this forum but not in the PLL forum. But that is what I conclude from this episode.

I don't know if they're going with that, because A is supposed to be someone we really know.
I do think she's suffering from a Stockholm syndrome of some sort? She seems to hate her family so maybe the dollhouse wasn't that bad in comparison to how terrible her mom is?
The clue I got was her talking about her family and her father coming back differently. Which falls in line with what Wren said about his family once.
But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if her family is not connected to anyone. Charles could have picked her as a substitute after Ali died without knowing the story of her life.

Do you guys think she could have been brainwashed or something?
In the premiere when Mona looks at the camera and says "NO, I won't do it" then she hears the chimes and goes "3 chimes means go to your rooms"
A's plan to brainwash her into thinking she's Ali didn't work, but what if she was partly brainwashed into obeying and following the orders through the chimes?
If he could do that to MONA in 5 months, then I guess he's done much worse for Sarah.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was honestly surprised that Ali didn't make that photo disappear. I was sure it would be tossed into the fireplace when the Liars left.

I believe that's Spencer's forte. Ali would hide it in a box that under a mask of her own face masked with another mask.

How I would love it if it turned out it was all Ezra doing this! I would love it! All the stupid things this show has put me though would be so, so worth it! But alas, I don't think that my dream will come true with this show. They love the Ezria too much and so do some viewers. Check out the Tumblr tags if you don't think so, they are ridiculous. And I believe MK has even dubbed the pair as "soulmates" {ugh on two counts one- I hate the use of 'Soulmates', thanks Dawsons Creek and Two- think about this romance for a little bit and ponder that. I mean..really??!?!?!}. I think we are stuck with Ezria forever and ever with this show. We're probably stuck with Spoby too. 

And that's the thing. I get it. Shows that start in high school and with high-school romances tend to always have to end with the one person you started dating with in high school. I'm sure there will be an obstacle along the way but I think the end situation will always be the same. 

I sort of get why Andrew is mad but I also think he's an idiot for being all "I wanted to save you!". I mean.. what?  That doesn't sound good, at all, Andrew. Like. I'm sorry but it doesn't. Maybe that's just me but, eh. 

EzrA is the dream. It's the one thing that would make me forgive all the fillers and red herrings.

I hope he's still more involved though. I'm still very convinced that the lair we saw in Ravenswood was not his. Only A and Batman need such perfectly hanged suits.

After six years, there are so many subplots and dropped threads that i really want the show to return to especially since this is Answer Crunch Time - and whether the show does actually remember and get around to them (and best of all tie them into the other major answers), i'm tending to view a lot of the show and character motivations though the lens of those hanging threads i'm myself interested in.

For example - Jason and The NAT Club.  I had always hoped the genesis of the NAT Club would be a huge part of the answers of how A started.  I want this returned to so badly...but the one good thing about this episode is that we got such a good look at something significant from Jason's upbringing that explains so much about his general character - having a close childhood friend that one day disappeared and you were told that they never really existed and was only just an imaginary friend...that says a lot right there why he may have turned to (and got addicted to drugs) and i can see where that could also be a factor in motivating him to create the NAT Club - wanting to document things (people's secrets) on video so there's some kind of concrete record that various things happened if they later try to deny them.

It also affects how i view the Toby storyline.  THIS ACTUALLY HAS THE POTENTIAL/BUILDING BLOCKS TO BE SO STRONG - but it just is coming across as "Toby's a douche".  Toby joined the police force to protect Spencer/get answers (an action that parallels his joining the A Team undercover).  I would think part of the answers he'd be seeking is why the Rosewood PD seems to be a central point of A/NAT Club connections - Wilden was involved, Garrett was involved, Holbrook ended up just as shady.  If the show focused more on him wanting to find out how/why all these people are ending up employed by Rosewood PD and why they largely seem to have connections with The A Game and/or NAT, then that would make his story seem so much more meaningful and central to the show.  I fully understand why Toby views Ali getting involved with Lorenzo as very bad - because all the other crooked cops were also so closely tied to not only A/NAT but also Ali - Wilden may have impregnated her; Garrett was part of NAT, supposedly knew who dug up "her" corpse, and fooled Jenna into thinking he killed her; Holbrook was getting involved with her.  Toby seeing this same pattern starting to manifest yet again...Ali getting her claws into another male RPD officer would have all kinds of alarm bells going off in his head.  But it's only because i already see those threads personally fascinating is why i get where he's coming from - most other viewers are seeing it as Toby being a major a-hole and a filler story.  This whole story could be so much better if they approached it right.

Facts on the NAT club:

- It was Jason's idea.

- Jason was doped out all through high school (it was one big blur)

- Ian started taking it very seriously and at some point started paying girls to give away their friends.

What this could mean:

1. A/ Charles was doping Jason, like we've seen him do with the girls so many times, and gave him the idea of the NAT club. Then he starts paying/blackmailing Ian and Garett to take more and more footage until Ali finds out all about it and causes everyone to have a major panic attack around her house.

2. It really was Jason's idea to do the NAT club and the boys start taking videos of people around town randomly, until they catch something about Charles, whom they know as someone else. Somehow he finds out that they have a video of him in a compromising situation and he wants in on the club. Then he starts bossing everyone around/blackmailing them to take more footage.

If they tie A to the NAT club, then Wilden as Charles would make sense.

Edited by raytch
(edited)

There has to be something up with Dr. Sullivan, she keeps coming back! If she didn't come back after the season when Mona was revealed as "A", it would make sense because if all she was was the liars and Monas therapist, then that story is done and over. So no need for her to return, but she keeps showing up and that means shes sort of integral to the plot.

Well, either that or lazy writing. The plot needs a therapist? We already have Therapy Anne, so let's shoehorn her in. Same with Dr. Wren being in every hospital and officer Toby being involved in every investigation.  Personally, I think that's much more likely than any other explanation.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

So there's a fair amount of speculation if Sara Harvey is really Sara.  If she isn't i predict things will go down like so (based purely on speculation and no spoilers):  Emily gets worried about Sara's lack of support - not turning to her family, rejecting therapists, etc.  So she gets back in contact with Sara's old friends (who they talked to in season 4 - probably Claire who had previously visited Em at her house)  Either the meeting is a surprise to Sara or Em shows Friend a camera phone picture of Sara and Friend goes:  "Um...that's not her..."

• Love 1

So there's a fair amount of speculation if Sara Harvey is really Sara. If she isn't i predict things will go down like so (based purely on speculation and no spoilers): Emily gets worried about Sara's lack of support - not turning to her family, rejecting therapists, etc. So she gets back in contact with Sara's old friends (who they talked to in season 4 - probably Claire who had previously visited Em at her house) Either the meeting is a surprise to Sara or Em shows Friend a camera phone picture of Sara and Friend goes: "Um...that's not her..."

It's already been confirmed that Sara is Sara and that Bethany is dead.

I'm sure she's doing A's bindings though. That scene with the video and her getting out of the shower and the tucked pillows under the bed made no sense.

• Love 1
(edited)

Andrew's face is kind of meh, but I honestly think his body is hot as hell and I want to do naughty things to it.

Jason is not a guy who can pull off the scruff craze.

OMG I commend you for your honesty! AHAHAHAHAH And I agree, by the way! :-)

PS: Has anyone noticed that, right after Hanna rips the page off the yearbook at the beginning of the episode, we can clearly see two girls listed TWICE (the auburn-haired girl at the top left corner of the right page is also in the middle of the left page and the Asian girl at the bottom left corner of the right page is also far left in the second row of the left page)... 

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli
(edited)

The most frustrating thing about this for me is that Andrew has been in, what...10 episodes in 6 seasons? And mostly as a harmless, dorky, background character with a crush on a couple of the girls? And suddenly the writers expect us to believe that he has some vendetta against all the girls and hated Ali and was "always there, always hanging around" as Aria put it?? I'm getting tired of the writer's lack of effort here!

I was disappointed that the shocking thing was all psychological; you'd think the girls would've figured that out more quickly when they weren't being shocked themselves. Especially since the Dollhouse-Siri voice kept telling them to "choose one or all will suffer," you'd think that at least the first time they would have not done it and received the shock first. Also, where did A get a decent quality audio file of each girl screaming individually? They're usually together when they're screaming about something. Sigh. I was hoping A was getting more serious/dangerous and the stakes were getting higher, and this is somewhat disappointing.

Emily's taste in love interests is genuinely awful. Samarra was the only decent one, and that lasted for like a month.

Edited by AnJen
  • Love 1

I'm this a little more about Sara Harvey and maybe A Knew exactly who she was.

I'm this a little more about Sara Harvey and maybe A Knew exactly who she was.

Remember how Jason said he felt Ian was shooting those NAT videos for someone else? And how Ian was paying girls to give away their friends? What if Sara was one of them and she gave away her posse for money? Then A would know exactly who she is and how much she's similar to Ali.

• Love 1

In fairness to Andrew, being interrogated by the police is not fun. The techniques they use in a full interrogation are very similar to brain washing techniques, they attempt to exhaust the subject and create a high level of stress to create a vulnerable emotional/mental state that leaves them open to suggestion and makes thinking clearly difficult. There's a reason that a not insignificant number of people have confessed to a crime they were later proved to be innocent of.

I also think it's highly likely that they at least strongly implied to him that he'd been identified by an eye witness who placed him in the bunker, though not specifically who that was.

So, if we assume that he actually isn't Charles/A-Team, he very likely believes (accurately in the case of Aria) that the girls lied and told the police that it was him.

• Love 1

In fairness to Andrew, being interrogated by the police is not fun. The techniques they use in a full interrogation are very similar to brain washing techniques, they attempt to exhaust the subject and create a high level of stress to create a vulnerable emotional/mental state that leaves them open to suggestion and makes thinking clearly difficult. There's a reason that a not insignificant number of people have confessed to a crime they were later proved to be innocent of.

I also think it's highly likely that they at least strongly implied to him that he'd been identified by an eye witness who placed him in the bunker, though not specifically who that was.

So, if we assume that he actually isn't Charles/A-Team, he very likely believes (accurately in the case of Aria) that the girls lied and told the police that it was him.

THANK YOU. People talking as if they put him in a room with some cake and marshmallows. He probably hadn't slept in days. They don't have to tell him the truth, and they don't have to tell him what order things happened in.

Also, he's not an idiot; he recognized that Aria was distancing herself from him shortly before she disappeared, and then he was arrested by a vengeful Toby. It's not a huge stretch and he's had a lot of time to simmer in resentment. There's probably a fair amount of projection going on as well, in that he feels that his mistakes are his own dumb fault for trying to be a hero, but it's hard to come to grips with.

There's also the fact that in some ways he's more of a victim because his victimizer is unassailable. Once A is captured, the girls will receive justice. In contrast, Andrew can't very well sue the state because he was a suspect. He just has to deal with whatever trauma he goes through or went through with a pat on the back and a "be glad you weren't convicted, sonny." I'm not surprised he'd lash out.

• Love 1

I'm gonna go ahead and bet that Ali won't lash out at Mona. Hell, the girls didn't lash out at Mona. And she IS the reason they were locked in jail. 

I don't think Andrew is a creep, or part of the A team. But he sure made himself into the Rosewood arrogant sexist A-hole (in a way that society lets men get away with it.)