Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Nothing will compare to the brilliant promotion they gave Hannah, shedding her crown to "You Don't Own Me," and selling her as so much more than just a beauty queen.  Then the whole show was edited to make her look like a strong feminist icon when she was just a girl who had a hissy fit when a guy pointed out they had different moral standards.

I'm disappointed if all they can do for Peter is keep reminding us that it takes him four tries to get it right.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

His face is crooked in that promo photo, and his nose points toward right side of his chin.  I just don't find him very attractive. 

I don't have much hope for enjoying this season, as Reality Steve hasn't had much interesting to report, except for you-know-who.  And he just looks and acts so dulllllllll.........

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
On 11/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, leighdear said:

His face is crooked in that promo photo, and his nose points toward right side of his chin.  I just don't find him very attractive. 

I don't have much hope for enjoying this season, as Reality Steve hasn't had much interesting to report, except for you-know-who.  And he just looks and acts so dulllllllll.........

Sometimes the seasons I am not looking forward to are the best ones. However, I was not looking forward to Hannah's season, and I really did NOT enjoy it at all....so there's that.

I am in the minority of liking Peter......

• Love 2

I am indifferent to Peter. That said, I've always believed that it's the cast of contestants that often makes a season good or bad. Unless the lead is a hot ass freaking mess like Hannah was and let's not forget Juan Pablo and so that can make things entertaining. So with that said, I'll give his season a two episode look as I do most seasons and can pretty much tell from just that, if it's worth sticking around for. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

Jason’s season of the Bachelor is now on Netflix. Kind of a trip to see how the show has changed over the years. Wonder if this means they’ll eventually have all former seasons on? Not sure why they’d start with Jason. 

• Love 2
On 12/3/2019 at 9:14 AM, Stan39 said:

Jason’s season of the Bachelor is now on Netflix. Kind of a trip to see how the show has changed over the years. Wonder if this means they’ll eventually have all former seasons on? Not sure why they’d start with Jason. 

Because it was the first weep-on-the-balcony Mesnick!  He's a legend! 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/15/2019 at 11:07 AM, leighdear said:

Thanks for pointing that out so now it's the only thing I will see when I look at him. I might not be looking at him much though, as this season and Pilot Peter hold zero interest for me. I'll tune in to see what women TPTB have chosen to fill the standard cast requirements, but whether this guy finds love ... eh, I don't care.

Yeah, the original balcony Mesnick ... those were the fun days.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Just read an article that Chris Soules went to his "first red carpet event" since he was involved in that accident that killed the other person.  He was quoted as saying he was "living the life/dream."  I cannot express how upset I am that not only was there no consequence for his actions, but that he is still being treated as a sort of celebrity in spite of his role in the fatal accident.  So, I guess he just continues on.

I hope the family pursues him in civil court.  

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:43 PM, nutty1 said:

Sometimes the seasons I am not looking forward to are the best ones. However, I was not looking forward to Hannah's season, and I really did NOT enjoy it at all....so there's that.

I am in the minority of liking Peter......

You are not in the minority.  I like him too.  The only reason I'd watch the next season.  But don't you know it, they just had a promo about 2 days ago and Hannah popped out of a limo.  Ug.  Can't we be rid of her?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Biosynth said:

You are not in the minority.  I like him too.  The only reason I'd watch the next season.  But don't you know it, they just had a promo about 2 days ago and Hannah popped out of a limo.  Ug.  Can't we be rid of her?

Apparently not 😡

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Based on the bios, the women seem pretty underwhelming. We have a poor man's Ashley Onion, someone who lies blatantly about her age, and - the height of 21st century intellectualism - someone who enjoys "snuggling up by the fire to listen to a good audiobook". I hope the bio writers are deliberately holding back to surprise us with some crazy drama queens later.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4
On 12/9/2019 at 4:33 PM, seacliffsal said:

Just read an article that Chris Soules went to his "first red carpet event" since he was involved in that accident that killed the other person.  He was quoted as saying he was "living the life/dream."  I cannot express how upset I am that not only was there no consequence for his actions, but that he is still being treated as a sort of celebrity in spite of his role in the fatal accident.  So, I guess he just continues on.

I hope the family pursues him in civil court.  

Clearly, you and I read different articles and interviews.  In “People” magazine and on “UK Daily Mail”, Chris said that he was so depressed that there were days he couldn’t get out of bed and that he felt like he had nothing left to live for.  The articles also stated that his family paid $2.5 million to Mr. Mosher’s estate and that he is on probation for two years.  I also saw him being interviewed on Entertainment Tonight, and he seemed deeply remorseful.  In all fairness, not once did he say anything about “living the life/dream”.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

He is quoted as saying: "I'm here for a really great concert," he said. "I'm here in L.A. and kind of just living the dream a little bit."

I also read where he did say he was so depressed and life was so hard for him after having killed a man so my speculation is he got a lot of backlash over "living the dream" that he realized he should probably show remorse for the guy who's life he ended, but still make it all about how hard it is for him.

Must be a nice probation that allows one to flight out to Hollywood for a nice concert with your fame whore friends, maybe it was to cheer him up because it's hard being a killer. 

• Love 14
On 12/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, chocolatine said:

Based on the bios, the women seem pretty underwhelming. We have a poor man's Ashley Onion, someone who lies blatantly about her age, and - the height of 21st century intellectualism - someone who enjoys "snuggling up by the fire to listen to a good audiobook". I hope the bio writers are deliberately holding back to surprise us with some crazy drama queens later.

Hopefully all the young ladies have been practicing the bachelor handshake with the corner telephone pole

• LOL 15

My fearless prediction is a lot of bachelor handshakes < gag> does anyone do that in real life , i remember being grossed out by it on Jason’s season, and a Charlie O’Connell ending where he can’t choose anyone and they all choose to date him until he chooses . Yes still i watch !!

6 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

My fearless prediction is a lot of bachelor handshakes < gag> does anyone do that in real life , i remember being grossed out by it on Jason’s season, and a Charlie O’Connell ending where he can’t choose anyone and they all choose to date him until he chooses . Yes still i watch !!

Yeah, but Charlie eventually picked the nurse Sara/Sarah, and they were together off and on, mostly on, for about five years.  That's better than most of them have done.  I loved that season, so cheesy and sleazy, and one of the fathers on the home visits telling him to run because his daughter was batshit crazy.  Ah, the good ol' days.

Edited by EllenB
  • LOL 3

Yeah the old seasons were best before people were using them to catapult to other shows or gain Insta followers, but sorry those 2 girls allowing him to date them both i felt was truly pathetic . I always wonder if the ones like Jen and Andrew or Sarah and Charlie got married quicker if they would have stayed together . Anyway looking forward to plenty of snark on the show

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I just checked the schedule and Monday's premiere is three hours long. I love my junk food viewing but that just might be too much at once.

I've found it increasingly difficult to watch a full two-hour show in one sitting (and that's with fast-forwarding through commercials and recaps), so in the past year I've been watching mostly in snippets of 15-20 minutes per day and it took me almost a whole week to watch one show. With a three-hour show, I won't be done watching the first week's episode by the time the second episode airs.

• Love 3
On 1/4/2020 at 7:54 AM, JudyObscure said:

I just checked the schedule and Monday's premiere is three hours long. I love my junk food viewing but that just might be too much at once.

Way to stretch it out, ABC.

I record it and start watching about an hour in, so I can FF past the commercials, since for a 3-hour show, they'll take up approximately 45-50 minutes of it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sterling said:

Way to stretch it out, ABC.

I record it and start watching about an hour in, so I can FF past the commercials, since for a 3-hour show, they'll take up approximately 45-50 minutes of it.

Oh gosh i hope it’s not all the fan parties and stuff... so boring! 3 hours is crazy!!

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Oh gosh i hope it’s not all the fan parties and stuff... so boring! 3 hours is crazy!!

Aren’t they combining the usual Sunday and Monday episodes?  Normally they try to make people watch Sunday night to get all the preliminary stuff.  I guess they worried about competing with Football and Ricky Gervais.

• Useful 2

From ABC....all the women with Peter. At least we can know who is who on night 1.

Madison stands out as very pretty to me.

Tammy reminds me of Sharleen.

Sydney and Lauren are very pretty. So is Kelsey.

153327_0043-900x0.jpg

• Love 1

My life is a disaster lately and I am looking forward to all three hours worth of the premiere.    I will purchase a perfect wine accompaniment for the show.    I think Peter has a lot of passion and isn't afraid to show it, which should make for an interesting season.   

• Love 4

Did Wells get a nose job? He is on a talk show discussing The Bachelor, he seems to have taken Sean Lowe's place as the go to guy to talk about the show. Anyway, Wells face looks different and I saw he was at the Golden Globes interviewing people and also he's dating an actress so maybe he is going Hollywood?

7 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Did Wells get a nose job? He is on a talk show discussing The Bachelor, he seems to have taken Sean Lowe's place as the go to guy to talk about the show. Anyway, Wells face looks different and I saw he was at the Golden Globes interviewing people and also he's dating an actress so maybe he is going Hollywood?

Sean and Catherine welcomed another baby a couple of days before Christmas, so he's probably too busy with that right now to be appearing on TV as a Bachelor expert. 

When is Wells getting married? Maybe he got a little tweak before the wedding, he wouldn't be the first...

Ratings:

• Love 1
On 1/7/2020 at 11:12 AM, Armchair Critic said:

Wells' fiance Sarah Hyland's show is ending this year, wonder if that will cause issues because frankly I can't see her being that much in demand.

Modern Family was one of the most watched sitcoms for over 10 years, and it'll be airing in syndication for years/decades to come, so I'm sure Sarah Hyland will do very well whether she finds other acting work or not. Either way, she's *way* out of Wells's league, success-wise.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Modern Family was one of most watched sitcoms for over 10 years, and it'll be airing in syndication for years/decades to come, so I'm sure Sarah Hyland will do very well whether she finds other acting work or not. Either way, she's *way* out of Well's league, success-wise.

But man, did he get irritated when it was hinted that she paid for her own engagement ring. 

They seem great together. I don’t think finances will be an issue for them either. She may be the breadwinner, but he still works hard (Hollywood “hard”) with his hosting gigs, BIP, podcasts, and more. He’s done well as an ex-bachelorette contestant. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And somewhere Jed is thinking, "if I'd just held off for another year".

Jed would probably fare worse on a show where music is one of the main points, because the other hopefuls would make it even more obvious that singing is not his gift.

• Love 6

I'm betting they'll feature some of the old contestant wannabes like Carly in an "adviser" capacity.  Sounds perfect for her, as she continues to spit out Evan's spawn.  

I'm thinking I'll pass, but who knows.  It could be trashtastically fun!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, b2H said:

Just saw the commercial about JP’s health scare (JP of JP and Ashley fame)??  Any one know what’s the story?

If you google there is a People interview from a while ago about it.  It gives the basic info...

So the latest bachelor rumor is Nick Viall and Demi < gag> are dating . Not a shock as i never bought her “ in love with Christian” Story so soon after her romance with Derek. 

2 hours ago, b2H said:

Just saw the commercial about JP’s health scare (JP of JP and Ashley fame)??  Any one know what’s the story?

I think he had Gillian barre syndrome which is really really scary. I had a friend who was paralyzed from that. Hoping he will be ok.

• Love 2