Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Chris Soules is getting sentenced tomorrow for killing that man. He pled guilty to leaving the scene, not for anything else. He could get up to two years in prison. Somehow, I'm betting he gets nothing.

Ashley I is doing radio commercials for some product that "plumps" lips. Her promo is followed by a disclaimer naming all the horrible things that can happen to you and your face if you actually use the product. Yes, it's a real commercial! I heard it three times yesterday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Chris Soules' sentencing has been delayed AGAIN. His lawyer "team" wants the victim's family statements removed. It's only been two years since he killed that guy. He plead not guilty, then guilty to reduced charges, now he (supposedly) had a "concussion" from the accident. *sigh*

It just shows how the rich seldom have to face real consequences.  The loss of a good man's life has been little more than an inconvenience for Soules who has only had to show up in court a few times.  Party on, Chris, you lipless, loser.

• Love 5

I never liked Felicity Huffman but now I have so much respect for her immediately manning up to being an idiot and just pleading guilty in the college admission scandal with so much remorse, probably going to jail, no looking for sympathy. 

Chris Soules, two years later, still trying to wiggle out of what he did? What a dick.

• Love 12

Wanda Sykes has a new comedy special on Netflix...she (hilariously) makes a case for woke women to quit the bachelor.  Gotta admit she's right!  I don't watch anymore (b/c it's boring to me now, after all these years), but still enjoy the snark....

I only ever watched it for the snark, to be honest. I am 100% positive that there is not one human on the planet that takes this tripe seriously. How can you? It's ridiculous, and interesting to see what lengths these guys and gals will go to for 5 more minutes of "fame"

When in reality, we (well I) totally forget all about them 2 seconds after the show is over.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, hnygrl said:

I only ever watched it for the snark, to be honest. I am 100% positive that there is not one human on the planet that takes this tripe seriously.

According to the show The Good Place, taking this show seriously is pretty much a one way ticket to the bad place. lol 

• LOL 7
17 hours ago, Refresh said:

Ari is the real estate agent on tonight's episode of House Hunters International S142Ep1 - called Amsterdam will you accept this rose? 

I saw that episode and I thought he was pretty good.  He did some Bachelor schtick but it didn't annoy me.  I hope he's the agent on any future Amsterdam episodes.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is Arie even licensed as a real estate agent in the Netherlands, or was that faked for the show? He doesn't live there, so what's the point? I remember reading an article after his season saying that he and Lauren are trying get their own show on HGTV. Perhaps HGTV is testing him with one episode of HHI before investing in an entire show.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well according to Wiki, he was born in the Netherlands and his family moved to the U.S. when he was three.  However, it looks like he's spent some time doing car racing in the Netherlands so he's probably pretty familiar with the real estate there. 

Maybe HGTV is testing him and Lauren but they'd just join a bunch of other couples trying for shows on that network.  I only watch HH and HHI so I probably wouldn't be watching if they did get a show.

• Love 1

That show is as fake as The Bachelor! I read a long article on it once. They said sometimes the real estate agents are even real estate agents at all. And they have already closed on or chosen the house they pick. It's still a fun show though. I wanted to see Arie....wondering if I could find it on On Demand?

Yeah doesn't look like he's ready to off himself.  While it was probably fun at first, he's probably tired of the Bachelor franchise.  Can't say I blame him.   The good thing is that I don't think he's that recognizable in public so he should be able to just go on with his life.

• Love 3
(edited)

Who is Nick Viall dating? I am listening (while I work) to RS's podcast with Christen Whitney (stil do not like her at all). She said she was having dinner that night with Nick's girlfriend, and RS said "say hi to Amanda". Is it Amanda Stanton??

EDIT:  MY BAD, she was referencing Luke Pell's girlfriend. They were talking about Nick and I missed Luke's name.

Edited by nutty1
On 6/19/2019 at 9:11 AM, DEL901 said:

Beautiful family but what’s up with all the “shocked/surprised” comments? How else do they think babies are made?

On 6/15/2019 at 6:51 AM, phlebas said:

This is a scary-looking tweet, but I believe Wills is probably only tired of being in the Bachelor franchise.

image.png.429e02c5d35fda97f492aba3d34ff580.png

He’ll be back. They always come back.

Any updates on Cassie and Colton?

I haven't seen or heard of Wills for AGES. Unless he's going to be on BIP, I thought he was pretty much out of Bach Nation. His tweet could mean anything. Or nothing.

I was at Dollar Tree this weekend, everything's one dollar. I walked past the book shelf and there in front was Sean Lowe's book, For the Right Reasons: America's Favorite Bachelor on Faith, Love, Marriage, and Why Nice Guys Finish First. I opened it up and read a paragraph or two, and thought, well, it's only one dollar. Then remembered I never liked Sean or Catherine so I put it back and walked on. But thought I'd give a heads up to any Sean fans here. Hey, it's just a buck!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Bachelor "Live on Stage"

http://www.bachelorliveonstage.com/bachelor/tickets.html

The info below is from the first city:

$40-$80 
$150 VIP After-show Meet & Greet 
(VIP Includes Meet & Greet with the show hosts, famous former Bachelor/Bachelorettes, and local contestants)

The most successful reality romance series in the history of television is coming to Mesa Arts Center. The Bachelor Live on Stage Official Tour guarantees all the drama, the gossip and the romance of our favorite TV show in one delightful evening for the ultimate fan party. Previous Bachelor and Bachelorette favorites will serve as your hosts, as one eligible hometown Bachelor is introduced to local ladies from the audience for a chance at love. Come enjoy the show, or come to fall in love!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TiredMe said:

2 years suspended sentence

I just came here to post that. The local news, on right now, said that sentencing was "just in." I guess news doesn't travel very quickly in Iowa if US already had the story.

That's not even a hand slap. Plus he didn't even bother to show his face in court to hear it first hand. Such a creep. Even the US article says he "allegedly" ran into that tractor. I hate that word.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

That's not even a hand slap. Plus he didn't even bother to show his face in court to hear it first hand. Such a creep. Even the US article says he "allegedly" ran into that tractor. I hate that word.

I don't think there's any "alleged" about it.

• Love 7

So Chris Soules, a man with a long history of drunk driving, rear-ends a tractor, takes away a good man's life, flees the scene, and doesn't spend a day in jail.  Why do we even have such a thing as a "suspended sentence?"  Why even bother? I'm so fed up.

You know what else he did?  He has probably ruined the lives of his nice mother and sisters.  That was a tight little community and everyone knew and liked the man he killed.  I'm sure everyone is siding with his family and giving the stink eye to all the Soules.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TiredMe said:

I don't think there's any "alleged" about it.

That's what makes me so angry about this. I wish cops could have hauled his drunken ass out of the house where he was hiding, breathalized him and put him in jail where he belonged. Make that: "belongs."

This is from the May 21, 2019 Des Moines Register: "The family of a man killed in an accident involving former "The Bachelor" star Chris Soules was paid a $2.5 million wrongful death settlement, court records show. The Mosher family in January sought the approval of a $2.5 million settlement in a wrongful death case they brought against Soules, the star of the 19th season of the ABC show. The settlement, which also names Soules' parents, was approved by a judge three days later, records show. Soules was insured by Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, a court document shows."

I wonder if Soules' insurance company had to cough up that 2.5 mil. Since Soules' property is next to Mosher's, I wonder how the room temperature is in Arlington, Iowa these days.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4

Two things really stood out to me in that article. 

One.  He was that he drove away from the accident in a truck one of his employees had driven to the scene.  Hmmm.  He was so disoriented and scared and everything but he could call someone to bring him a truck, leave that person to walk home and drive himself off.

Two. He was originally charged with leaving the scene of an accident that caused a fatality -- a felony. Later he had that changed to leaving the scene of an accident that caused an injury -- a misdemeanor.  That must be a mighty good lawyer who can turn a dead man into an injured one.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

That must be a mighty good lawyer who can turn a dead man into an injured one.

If only he actually could have turned that poor dead man into only an injured one. But sadly, when you're not a millionaire you can't hire someone to change the truth for you. 

• Love 2

I love that it was low key etc, and it all sounds great, but he seems way too casual with the wrinkly linen shirt.  The shoes don’t bother me, but I can’t help but think he could have stepped up his casual wear a notch.  Perhaps a better shirt?  

Some may not like to hear it or agree but she's not wrong in my opinion. And as she made very clear, it's not an attack on Peter's character but yeah is Peter really any different than Ben, Sean, etc.?

And I remember some had many "I can't stand Rachel" feelings when she dared to say she wasn't too impressed with Hannah's being The Bachelorette, only because of how young Hannah was and she didn't think she was mature enough for making that kind of big decision. And considering the shit show Hannah's season turned out to be, she wasn't wrong, IMO. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8

The 27-year-old airplane pilot from Westlake Village, California — who has long embraced the fact that he still lives at home with his mom and dad — revealed on Wednesday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show that he was hanging there in-between flights when producers for the hit ABC series called him with the good news.

“I found out a couple of weeks ago. I was actually in my room … at my parents’ house,” Weber said, responding to the laughs of the audience with humor. “I’m owning it! I was actually by myself, no one was home!”

https://people.com/tv/bachelor-how-peter-weber-got-the-gig/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Some may not like to hear it or agree but she's not wrong in my opinion. And as she made very clear, it's not an attack on Peter's character but yeah is Peter really any different than Ben, Sean, etc.?

And I remember some had many "I can't stand Rachel" feelings when she dared to say she wasn't too impressed with Hannah's being The Bachelorette, only because of how young Hannah was and she didn't think she was mature enough for making that kind of big decision. And considering the shit show Hannah's season turned out to be, she wasn't wrong, IMO. 

I’m not a fan of Rachel’s, but I appreciate the fact she speaks her mind and isn’t part of the Bachelor Nation Borg-group think that everyone else is. I’d rather hear her opinion than Ben Higgins’ or Ashley I’s, because they’ll never speak out against the franchise that’s their meal ticket. 

• Love 7

Meanwhile, Weber told Harrison Tuesday night, "Hannah was amazing. She is amazing. I learned a ton from her, and I think what I really respect about her the most was from night one with that first toast 'til the very end when I say goodbye to her, she was one hundred percent unapologetically herself, and I love that. And that's something that I definitely wanna carry forward with my journey now.”

yikes. Not off to a great start. 

Here's video of what Rachel said. I always find that sometimes, seeing what someone says versus just reading a quote, gives greater context. And I think the video clip further shows that Rachel wasn't trying to be hateful or mean to Peter and I once again, wholeheartedly understand and agree with what she was saying. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Here's video of what Rachel said. I always find that sometimes, seeing what someone says versus just reading a quote, gives greater context. And I think the video clip further shows that Rachel wasn't trying to be hateful or mean to Peter and I once again, wholeheartedly understand and agree with what she was saying. 

Maybe Mike made it clear he didn't want it? No one knows. I would be very happy if some diverse became Bachelor. But only if I think he'd be a good lead. I would not want someone picked simply because of his skin color. Truthfully, I can't imagine ABC not being open to a black Bachelor. I'd love to hear what goes on in those meetings when they are deciding. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Maybe Mike made it clear he didn't want it? No one knows. I would be very happy if some diverse became Bachelor. But only if I think he'd be a good lead. I would not want someone picked simply because of his skin color. Truthfully, I can't imagine ABC not being open to a black Bachelor. I'd love to hear what goes on in those meetings when they are deciding. 

I wondered if Bachelor in Paradise was an audition of sort and Mike just didn't have, in their opinion, what it took?  He was pretty low-key.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/30/2019 at 1:34 AM, Refresh said:

Ari is the real estate agent on tonight's episode of House Hunters International S142Ep1 - called Amsterdam will you accept this rose? 

Omg!!!!  One of my favourite shows ever.  I hope to catch a rerun soon!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, alexa said:

I can't stand Rachel....  whether you like Peter or not, I find this article annoying

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2019/09/18/bachelor-paradise-finale-new-bachelor-star-peter-weber/2361125001/

She's right

1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

Maybe Mike made it clear he didn't want it? No one knows. I would be very happy if some diverse became Bachelor. But only if I think he'd be a good lead. I would not want someone picked simply because of his skin color. 

Everyone that has been cast as The Bachelor up until today has partly been chosen for his skin colour.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

In my quote I never thought Rachel was hateful or mean.  I just haven’t cared for her or many of her opinions.  And also it seems like of course she would want Mike as the bachelor instead.  I was never all that thrilled with Mike so I guess I am in general disagreement with her.  

• Love 3