Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Omg.  One of Lauren’s biggest influences for the wedding was ....   Twilight, Breaking Dawn!!!

It's like she wants me to hate her. LOL

Why do they all look so old but act so freaking teenagey.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

It's like she wants me to hate her. LOL

Why do they all look so old but act so freaking teenagey.

For Lauren, the answer is because she tans too much and is super basic.  

• Love 8
20 hours ago, DEL901 said:

What does her robe say?  Wedding Day Tubes?  Pubes?

I couldn't get over all the brand-name mentions.  The only one missing was her sparkling apple cider--someone's head should roll over that.

I'm not a fan of weddings, but I do have to say it was a lovely venue.  Or at least it photographs well.  But that mesh insert in her dress is just vile, and casts a pall over the whole thing for me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I will say that for a destination wedding, it was nice to see a theme and effort put into it other than just showing up on the beach and then having a reception (nothing wrong with that though!).  They clearly did a different twist than what you expect from a Hawaii wedding, and I like how a lot of it photographs.  That said, I agree the mesh insert on her dress is odd, and I am not sure why everyone was in white.  I appreciate that she didn't mind not standing out, but it really is kind of different to have all of the other women in white too and not separating out who is in what role.  I also think some of the pics it was hard to see the people very well.  I know sometimes when pics are put online or in magazines they are scaled in a way you can't see the detail, but I hope her real pictures do not look that distant that you have to really work so hard to see the people in the photo.  It was like many of them were taken at too far of a distance.  

• Love 2
On 1/16/2019 at 1:36 PM, DEL901 said:

Omg.  One of Lauren’s biggest influences for the wedding was ....   Twilight, Breaking Dawn!!!

Even worse, it was Twilight, Breading Dawn, the movie! I bet Lauren didn't even read the books.

Also from the article:

“Ever since we’ve gotten together, we wanted to fast-forward to this day,” the groom said. “It’s been a year. That’s kind of crazy ‘cause I remember a year ago we were doing ‘happy couples [weekend on The Bachelor]’ and talking about getting married and wanting to do that, even last year, so it’s awesome that the day is finally here.”

Weren't the happy couple's weekends with Becca though? Or did TPTB also give Arie some weekends with Lauren as a reward for letting them film his breakup with Becca?

6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But that mesh insert in her dress is just vile, and casts a pall over the whole thing for me. 

I don't like the mesh inserts either (there's one on each side as well as the one in the front), but I wonder if they were meant to accommodate the pregnancy. You can't really predict the rate at which a pregnant woman will gain weight or when her belly will "pop", and it's much easier to sew in a bigger mesh panel at the last minute than it is to alter the gown itself.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

I can't get the phrase "Wedding Day Pubes" out of my head now. What else could it possibly be?

Nothing.  Wedding day pubes.  But we know she probably obsessively grooms all her body hair and probably gets Brazilians. I’d love to photobomb her perfect wedding pubes theme in my stretched out target bikini with all my ungroomed hair sticking out everywhere.  I’ll show you wedding day pubes, man.

sorry, I had a bad day at work. 

The mesh inserts ruin her hey look at my boobs dress.  Fake flesh fabric always looks fake and not flesh like at all.  Anyway, I hate princess weddings.  Britney’s Cheeto wedding was my kind of jam.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I don't like the mesh inserts either (there's one on each side as well as the one in the front), but I wonder if they were meant to accommodate the pregnancy. You can't really predict the rate at which a pregnant woman will gain weight or when her belly will "pop", and it's much easier to sew in a bigger mesh panel at the last minute than it is to alter the gown itself.

It would have looked so much nicer with a lace that matched the gown.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:
8 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I can't get the phrase "Wedding Day Pubes" out of my head now. What else could it possibly be?

I think it says "wedding day vibes"?  But I must admit, I like "pubes" a lot better :)

• Love 6
On 1/16/2019 at 4:36 PM, DEL901 said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/arie-luyendyk-jr-lauren-burnhams-hawaii-wedding-album-photos/bridal-party-vibes/

4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Even worse, it was Twilight, Breading Dawn, the movie! I bet Lauren didn't even read the books.

If you were trying to give a wedding planner an idea of how you wanted everything to look, showing them pictures or referencing scenes from a movie would be more helpful than passages from a book.

A Twilight wedding is not for me but it's not like she made Arie wear sparkle makeup. It's a ceremony in a forest setting. Even if she got the idea as a teenager watching the first Breaking Dawn, it's not particularly odd, as far as weddings go. At her age, she could just as easily have had a full Disney Princess or Harry Potter theme (which is fine, if it's your wedding and it makes you happy, but obviously stands out more as a fangirl thing compared to this).

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 7

I think the wedding venue was stunning.  A gorgeous woodland setting, and very reminiscent of Bella & Edward's wedding. It's a popular theme for that kind of setting.  I think definitely a more original and classy place, compared to the ordinary and expectedly conventional hotel locations of the other Bachelor weddings.  And not to forget the horrendously cheap & low-rent beach wedding of Carly and her baby daddy.  That was just ridiculous.

I strangely even like the white dresses her bridesmaids wore.   I think one of them, Maquel was one of the contestants with Lauren.  Isn't she one that left, then came back? 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
On 1/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, MakeMeLaugh said:

Nobody has to get married any more, baby or not, unless they want to. Lauren and Arie, and their families, could certainly afford a nice wedding. They won’t have any more IG followers because of it. Maybe they really do love each other that much.

More importantly, interesting that they are back in The Bachelor’s good graces!

While no one has to get married anymore, that doesn't mean the pressure to get married has disappeared.  For a lot of people/families, if you plan on having a family with someone, you are marrying them.  Families where living with someone before marriage, even if you're engaged, is still a bit radically modern. There are places where appearances matter and if the woman is pregnant and there are no plans to marry, then it's assumed something must be wrong with one or both of them.

Now, I don't necessarily think either is being dragged to the altar kicking and screaming but I get the impression from both families that kids and marriage go hand-in-hand. 

I also never got the impression that they were out of The Bachelor's good graces.  While a lot of people were mad at Ari for his bait and switch last season, that's the kind of thing this show lives for.  It's controversy. It's drama. It's buzz.  And Ari let them film it.  Not that they care but Lauren and Arie ending up together will be considered a success story for the series even if the season they were on ended up with an ugly breakup.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't necessarily think either is being dragged to the altar kicking and screaming but I get the impression from both families that kids and marriage go hand-in-hand. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they had the January 12 date set well before she got pregnant.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I really, really can’t stand Kaitlyn and I liked Jason, but if this is his choice... yikes, JMO

Speaking of who should have been The Bachelor, did anything come from the rumor that Peter and Bibiana were dating?

I kind of like Bibi, hot mess that she is, but I would not have pictured her with Peter.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they had the January 12 date set well before she got pregnant.

Yep.  I felt he wanted kids more than he wanted to get married but that if he planned for one with someone--he'd plan for both.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1
On 1/17/2019 at 12:49 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I couldn't get over all the brand-name mentions.  The only one missing was her sparkling apple cider--someone's head should roll over that.

I'm not a fan of weddings, but I do have to say it was a lovely venue.  Or at least it photographs well.  But that mesh insert in her dress is just vile, and casts a pall over the whole thing for me. 

On 1/17/2019 at 6:00 PM, Wandering Snark said:

On 1/17/2019 at 8:56 PM, ByTor said:

I think it says "wedding day vibes"?  But I must admit, I like "pubes" a lot better :)

I laughed so hard that I snorted and have tears rolling down my face. Wedding day pubes! I’m pretty sure it says Vibes, but Pubes is sooo much better. I’m picturing her wedding day pubes in a little French twist with a tiny tiara.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Anybody watch Music City on CMT? Season 2 is underway and there’s a smoking hot singer on it, Alisa, who just broke up with her dirtbag bf after he cheated on her. So now she’s writing songs with a country music singer and raving about how cute he is on social media. I was trying to figure out why he looked so familiar but I had no idea what he sang. Then it hit me. It’s Luke Pell! So Alisa dumps one cheater to then get involved with a guy the whole country watched treat Stassi like garbage on national TV. You have to wonder what these people are thinking. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

It’s Luke Pell! So Alisa dumps one cheater to then get involved with a guy the whole country watched treat Stassi like garbage on national TV. You have to wonder what these people are thinking

I never witnessed anything quite like the way he lied to her face, telling a sad story about having a heart problem when he was young that only she could relate to, he had finally met his soulmate, yada yada.  He had tears in his eyes! A few days later he drops her cold.  It seemed downright pathological to me.  He wasn't very nice to JoJo either, he was in her final four and made her meet his entire town during the hometown visit, then said something that seemed to imply he wasn't that into her until he saw her in those Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots.  One of the worst of the bachelor family IMO.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, leighdear said:

Notoriety, pure & simple.  Attention in any form and a reputation either good or bad.  Doesn't matter.  

Yeah, I know. I just wish one time one person would stand up and say “No, not THIS guy.”  There are plenty of other options out there. 

• Love 3

It is my Bachelor wish that one day the B will do the whole "so and so, will you accept this rose" and so and so will walk up to him, pause as if thinking about it, and then just go "no thanks" and walk out. Now, THAT would be the Most! Shocking! Rose! Ceremony! EVER!!!!! lol 

Has it ever happened? I know some have walked out before but has anyone literally turned down the rose? If so, what season so I can go watch it. :)

• Love 6

Since the show isn't live, the editors will never let us see anything like that.  They cut and splice the footage into exactly what they want to show the audience, not one frame more, not one frame less.  

So no, it's never happened on film.  And won't, unless it's part of the story the showrunners WANT to tell.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

It is my Bachelor wish that one day the B will do the whole "so and so, will you accept this rose" and so and so will walk up to him, pause as if thinking about it, and then just go "no thanks" and walk out. Now, THAT would be the Most! Shocking! Rose! Ceremony! EVER!!!!! lol 

Has it ever happened? I know some have walked out before but has anyone literally turned down the rose? If so, what season so I can go watch it. :)

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Since the show isn't live, the editors will never let us see anything like that.  They cut and splice the footage into exactly what they want to show the audience, not one frame more, not one frame less.  

So no, it's never happened on film.  And won't, unless it's part of the story the showrunners WANT to tell.  

I do recall someone once pulling a “can I speak with you for a moment?” when they were all lined up for the rose ceremony and self-eliminating immediately before the first rose was doled out. I can’t recall what season, but it was a long time ago. I think popular consensus was she was going to be sent home anyway and was saving face. There have also been a number of times that people have self-eliminated at cocktail parties, group dates, and  showing up at the lead’s room for a talk. I assume producers tell them to do it then rather than at the RC, but you’d think they’d push for the other way around to ramp up the drama quotient. I think my favorite ever was when Ali went to Frank’s (her obvious frontrunner) hometown, and he reconnected with his ex, so when he was forced to go to whatever tropical locale for overnights, he was all, sorry, Ali, I’m back with my true love! But, again, the conversation happened at a hotel room, not the RC.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I assume producers tell them to do it then rather than at the RC, but you’d think they’d push for the other way around to ramp up the drama quotient.

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't tried it yet. It's dramatic, it's "never been done before" all the bait they love to dangle during commercials. Sure, it would make the Bachelor look bad, but I mean, come on, the Bach hasn't actually been a "catch" in years. So pick someone unpopular and have an 'ette dump him at the rose ceremony. Then she'd either be a huge villain (if the audience likes the lead) who can show up on Paradise for her redemption, or a hero (if we think the lead is a major tool) we will all be clamoring to see as Bachelorette because she's not going to hold any punches. 

• Love 5
On 1/18/2019 at 10:22 PM, JenE4 said:

I laughed so hard that I snorted and have tears rolling down my face. Wedding day pubes! I’m pretty sure it says Vibes, but Pubes is sooo much better. I’m picturing her wedding day pubes in a little French twist with a tiny tiara.

Don't forget the ombre color and extensions.

• Love 2

I like to watch Bachelor Afterbuzz on You Tube the day after the show. Today's guest was Chad. He was surprisingly intelligent sounding, made a lot of good points and looked quite handsome.

• Love 1

The news today did a segment on The Bachelor. Focus was on how much people get paid. ABC would not disclose how much The Bach is paid, but did say it's SIX FIGURES. So yeah, for $100,000 (and probably more), I'd prostitute myself on national tv too.

They also said the women have to pay their own expenses and bring their own clothes, and they get no $ for doing the show. I think we all figured/knew that anyway. So they have a better reason to grouse about "time wasted" with no return, like no travel or cool dates or anything. Hopefully, they get PTO from work. (If they have a real job, that is.)

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Okay, Colton was not attractive in high school.

I remember high school so I sympathize with Colton's situation. I also had the same thought as Nick: "Former Bachelor Nick Viall quipped, “It all makes sense now." At least he went to prom! (I did not.)

• Love 5

I found this  quite by accident on the ABC News website, about how some hospitals treat rape victims and requests for rape kits. The story is because of Caelynn's "confession" to Colton on Monday night's episode. It might clear up some questions we had about the situation.

Chris Harrison is dating Entertainment Tonight's top Bachelor franchise correspondent Lauren Zima.

https://people.com/tv/chris-harrison-lauren-zima-red-carpet-debut

They went public at some SAG Awards party together, days after her husband filed for divorce. The papers say they've been separated since last March.

https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/lauren-zimas-husband-filed-for-divorce-before-chris-harrison-date/

• Love 1

WOW! I was really moved by that interview Reality Steve did with Craig Robinson. It is long, but if you are cleaning or cooking or driving somewhere, I would recommend a listen. I hope Craig sticks this out. He sounds to be in a really good place. RS did a really nice job, I must say.

• Love 2

I was impressed too.  I'm skipping this season, but I always read Steve's column, as I'm a bigger fan of his than the show. 

He nailed the tone of that interview perfectly.  You could hear the emotion from both of them, but it never seemed exploitative or overwhelming for Craig.  Steve's interviewing skills have become really compelling and thorough, but not too canned.  Bravo, Steve. 

Now back to my ignoring Dolton and his virginity.  *LOL* 

• Love 1
On 1/17/2019 at 9:27 PM, Dejana said:
On 1/16/2019 at 4:36 PM, DEL901 said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/arie-luyendyk-jr-lauren-burnhams-hawaii-wedding-album-photos/bridal-party-vibes/

On 1/17/2019 at 7:13 PM, chocolatine said:

If you were trying to give a wedding planner an idea of how you wanted everything to look, showing them pictures or referencing scenes from a movie would be more helpful than passages from a book.

A Twilight wedding is not for me but it's not like she made Arie wear sparkle makeup. It's a ceremony in a forest setting. Even if she got the idea as a teenager watching the first Breaking Dawn, it's not particularly odd, as far as weddings go. At her age, she could just as easily have had a full Disney Princess or Harry Potter theme (which is fine, if it's your wedding and it makes you happy, but obviously stands out more as a fangirl thing compared to this).

Wait---you're being nice, not snarky----I call foul!   ; )

• Love 3