Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Just read that Mike Fleiss tweeted "We hear you Bachelor Nation" after the outcry against Colton. Wonder if they'll bump him for someone else.  

I foresee them pulling a Kaitlyn/ Britt. Maybe with Jason, maybe with Wills? I dunno. I think both of them have too much pride for that, because seriously, I think if the first night Bachelorettes get to pick, theyre goig with Hunky, Pretty, Dumb Colton.  ?

10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I would like to see both the Bachelor and Bachelorette go back to somebody fresh instead of this recycling.

The irony is, I think the show would be better if they used fresh meat, but I think the ratings are higher because they use recycling. Recycling almost forces the viewer to keep watching so that we know who the players are next season.

In general, people like to stick with what they know. It's comforting, in a way, to revisit the same fame whores we met last season, so I kind of get why TIIC decided to go this route. However, the downside is that the franchise has gotten stale and incestuous. It has also been going on too long and they are clearly scraping the bottom of the barrel. I mean, when Colton is the best option you have it might be time to find another barrel.

I do think it's time for a change to the format. IDK what that change should be, but it's time. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

In general, people like to stick with what they know. It's comforting, in a way, to revisit the same fame whores we met last season, so I kind of get why TIIC decided to go this route.

It's the same thinking as why little kids want to watch the same Disney DVD over and over and over again. They know what's coming so it's familiar and therefore, yes, comforting. I guess adults are the same way, according to Fleiss/ABC. Well, make ;that SOME adults. I'd love to see a whole new fresh Bach. I mean, we get 25 new 'ettes each time so why not a new guy too.

15 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Just read that Mike Fleiss tweeted "We hear you Bachelor Nation" after the outcry against Colton. Wonder if they'll bump him for someone else.  

Was his second tweet "And screw you"?

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

The irony is, I think the show would be better if they used fresh meat, but I think the ratings are higher because they use recycling. Recycling almost forces the viewer to keep watching so that we know who the players are next season.

In general, people like to stick with what they know. It's comforting, in a way, to revisit the same fame whores we met last season, so I kind of get why TIIC decided to go this route. However, the downside is that the franchise has gotten stale and incestuous. It has also been going on too long and they are clearly scraping the bottom of the barrel. I mean, when Colton is the best option you have it might be time to find another barrel.

I do think it's time for a change to the format. IDK what that change should be, but it's time. 

Agree. I think it would be more fun if there were more options, such as a run-off for a Bachelor after a few episodes. When they did it several seasons ago with the fisherman (name?), it was done on the first episode. It wasn't effective because there wasn't time to get to know the two potential bachelors. 

I would like to see fresh faces too, but Fleiss is committed to recycling contestants. This is what has really changed the show, because they come on knowing they have a shot at being the next Bachelor or Bachelorette. It hasn't been about meeting a potential spouse in ages. What was the first season they started the recycling? The one before it was probably the last one with any potential for true romance. IIRC, the two doctors, the prince and Brad all came in cold. I can't remember which guy started the trend of using previous contestants. Was it Jason? Jake? 

The show's longevity does surprise me. I expected it to end four or five seasons ago. Are the ratings consistently high? I know there has been some stinkers like the prince and Juan Pablo. It makes me wonder how long this will go on and if it will be The Simpsons of reality tv. 

• Love 5

I barely made it through Becca's season.  I FFed a lot and missed many episodes.  

They need to make some changes to the format!  We have been saying this for years now.  There is no need due to high ratings.  They don't get it that we leave many unwatched episodes on our DRV.  They make money on it and don't care that we no longer like it.   I would think they would want to do the best they could.  

Colton the virgin.  Jesus  

Who wants to watch a mentally skewed man pretend to be interested in having sex with one of the ladies.  Please.  There is something very wrong with him. 

• Love 3

I suppose next season Tia will be the Bachelorette to compensate for losing Colton.

LOl Colton the virgin.  Yep just like that girl was the virgin but I think lost it up in the mountains last winter to Kevin who is now with...what's her name.

• Love 1

Jonathan from Property Brothers says he has turned down offers to be the Bachelor four times, one only a few weeks ago. I would definitely watch a season with him on it. He says the idea of dating in front of cameras would give him way too much anxiety.

• Love 7
On 9/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, valen said:

Jonathan from Property Brothers says he has turned down offers to be the Bachelor four times, one only a few weeks ago. I would definitely watch a season with him on it. He says the idea of dating in front of cameras would give him way too much anxiety.

Oh I think he’s sexy.  But he has to make enough money to turn down this shit.  He has his money and fame through work and hustling.  Not a good fit for him.

On 10/10/2018 at 8:34 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Is Jonathan the contractor or the realtor? I thought one of them was married and the other was engaged. 

Too bad he declined. I would definitely watch his season. 

Ugh no - they are sooooo painfully corny and scripted.  Jonathan is the "Contractor" brother. Definitely  the better of the two. My gaydar(admittedly faulty) alerts strongly for the other one, marriage  or no. 

Edited by fib
Gayday sounds fun, but wasnt what i was aiming for
  • Love 4

Feel sorry for the family and all the others losing their homes, but It'll be nice to see someplace new on the show.  Previous contestants have said that it was a crappy, cramped and falling-apart wreck, with bad wiring and too few bathrooms for the number of people crammed in. 

I'm sure there are other mansions that will serve just fine for whatever Bachelorette is created by Colton's season.  

• Love 2
On 11/9/2018 at 8:38 PM, leighdear said:

Feel sorry for the family and all the others losing their homes, but It'll be nice to see someplace new on the show.  Previous contestants have said that it was a crappy, cramped and falling-apart wreck, with bad wiring and too few bathrooms for the number of people crammed in. 

I'm sure there are other mansions that will serve just fine for whatever Bachelorette is created by Colton's season.  

I want them to suffer.  People in the military make do with Spartan digs.  These fame whores need to pay their dues.

The house is ok.  Mylia Cyrus lost her home. 

• Love 2

Just reading a couple of the articles makes me feel like ugh.  First of all, I understand confirming your pregnancy, but to buy 6 tests?  Come on, false positives aren't that common, and a couple tests should suffice.  Next, Arie is doing everything around the house?  She can cycle a few times a week but is incapable of doing things in the house this early in pregnancy?  I am curious about their wedding in January though as I am sure she was hoping to be her totally thin self for the wedding.  Well, maybe having a baby will give her something to do other than just waiting for Arie to come home or to take her on his travels.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, alexa said:

I understand confirming your pregnancy, but to buy 6 tests? 

Did these 2 nitwits ever hear of a thing called a DOCTOR to confirm????

“I kind of had a feeling that I might be pregnant. So my friend insisted on bringing a pregnancy test over,” Burnham, 26, tells Us, adding that she made her fiancé read the results. “Arie came out with the test in his hand and tears in his eyes. He was like, ‘You’re pregnant!’”

Wow, that's one hell of an interesting story, Lauren!  I wonder if she ever would have taken a test if her friend didn't tell her to.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Did these 2 nitwits ever hear of a thing called a DOCTOR to confirm????

Wow, that's one hell of an interesting story, Lauren!  I wonder if she ever would have taken a test if her friend didn't tell her to.

Her news stories just convince me she is as unintelligent and boring as people accused her of during his season.  She literally has no substance other than to pose for Instagram photos and to follow Arie around--and to pretend she has a career doing what he does (real estate).  At some point that would have to get boring for him, but maybe that is what he has been looking for.  lol

• Love 11

Admittedly I didn't watch Arie's season and really only tuned in to the finale because I read the spoilers on all that went down after filming wrapped. That said, from the little I saw of Lauren in that finale episode, I did get the impression that she seems to be okay being the trophy wife. And in fairness, I get the impression that's what Arie's mother herself was. And hey, just because it's not my goal, who am I to judge.  So yeah, I don't expect to hear anything deep or profound from her and see any indication of any great ambitions beyond being the beautiful dutiful wife and mother. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Admittedly I didn't watch Arie's season and really only tuned in to the finale because I read the spoilers on all that went down after filming wrapped. That said, from the little I saw of Lauren in that finale episode, I did get the impression that she seems to be okay being the trophy wife. And in fairness, I get the impression that's what Arie's mother herself was. And hey, just because it's not my goal, who am I to judge.  So yeah, I don't expect to hear anything deep or profound from her and see any indication of any great ambitions beyond being the beautiful dutiful wife and mother. 

Would it be terrible for me to agree with you, but also assume that there will be infidelity at some point (on Arie's part)?  :-)  Sorry, Lauren, but sometimes the trophy wife thing comes with a price..... (not that it happens with all couples, but it does happen)

• Love 5

I'm very happy for Arie and Lauren.  They're the first engaged couple to get knocked up.  And some pregnancy tests come in multi-packs, so they probably just grabbed a couple of those.  I'm gonna cut them some slack on the excitement and exaggeration.   I've had plenty of friends to take multiple tests, it's not that strange.  

Joe who?  I can't imagine many in Bachelor Nation can even remember his last name now, much less able to over a year from now, when the next bachelor is chosen and is filming.  He's already stale.  But I never cared for him or the blonde he was with, so that colors my opinion......

• Love 2
23 hours ago, alexa said:

Her news stories just convince me she is as unintelligent and boring as people accused her of during his season.  She literally has no substance other than to pose for Instagram photos and to follow Arie around--and to pretend she has a career doing what he does (real estate).  At some point that would have to get boring for him, but maybe that is what he has been looking for.  lol

I still think once a fuckboy always a fuckboy. I give Arie credit for still being interested, but I can’t help thinking he’ll get bored and move on to the next shiny thing, and then it will turn bad for Lauren and their child. But, whatever. Hope they don’t ruin each orher’s lives. 

• Love 11

Joe couldn’t have been this season’s bachelor—it would make Becca look like a (bigger) doofus for ditching someone on what, the first episode, if he was Bachelor-worthy at that point. His DWTS exposure and popularity imo make him much more marketable and therefore likely to be the next Bachelor now if he and Kendall don’t work out.

Maybe Arie has sown enough wild oats and is ready to be Grampa I mean Papa to his own kid. And Lauren will be sure to visit him in the nursing home in a few years....

• Love 4
9 hours ago, leighdear said:

Joe who?  I can't imagine many in Bachelor Nation can even remember his last name now, much less able to over a year from now, when the next bachelor is chosen and is filming.  He's already stale.

He does seem to have a lot of fans though because he did not last that long on DWTS because of his dancing.

• Love 8
On 11/14/2018 at 7:34 AM, alexa said:

Just reading a couple of the articles makes me feel like ugh.  First of all, I understand confirming your pregnancy, but to buy 6 tests?  Come on, false positives aren't that common, and a couple tests should suffice.  Next, Arie is doing everything around the house?  She can cycle a few times a week but is incapable of doing things in the house this early in pregnancy?  I am curious about their wedding in January though as I am sure she was hoping to be her totally thin self for the wedding.  Well, maybe having a baby will give her something to do other than just waiting for Arie to come home or to take her on his travels.  

eh - im not one to defend Lauren, but cleaning and cooking smells were really tough on me during the first 5 months of pregnancy, whereas light exercise was generally helpful.  

i firmly agree that 6 tests is wildly dumb. 

• Love 2

Wow, lots of those photos are NOT flattering.  They all look so harsh, exaggerated and shiny.  

And how many more seasons are we going to have all the women with the exact same hairstyles?   Where's Kelsey Poe when you need her?  *ROFL*

• Love 8
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Wow, lots of those photos are NOT flattering.  They all look so harsh, exaggerated and shiny.  

And how many more seasons are we going to have all the women with the exact same hairstyles?   Where's Kelsey Poe when you need her?  *ROFL*

Yep, I noticed it too. Same boring hairstyles, extensions perhaps sometimes?  Anyway, can't distinguish between most of them, all look pretty much alike.  

• Love 2

I think I am finally free!!!!! Yay! Colton isn't enough to make me watch and not one of those females seems even remotely interesting. And since next Bachelorette will come from them, I think I might finally be done. Thank you Colton! This is going to free up soooo much time. lol

• Love 9

I easily bypassed Nick's season, and this one looks equally easy to miss.  But I enjoyed Rachel's season because I knew almost nothing about her, so I'll probably give whatever chick comes from this disaster a chance.   It's the closest we can get to having an unknown lead.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
On 12/6/2018 at 3:36 PM, leighdear said:

Or baby Bekah?

• Love 2

Dear lord... how hard is it to not cast for example two Alexes and two Heathers on the same season? And worse there's a Caelynn and a Caitlin?? FFS... and the only women that stand out in that sad lineup are not for good reasons.

Ya know, I had actually put the sham that was Colton on BiP out of my mind and then I had a Colton commercial sprung on me and I thought: "Oh shit, that's right we have Colton as the Bachelor!" I may have even said it out loud.

• Love 7
On 12/8/2018 at 3:55 AM, Wandering Snark said:

Dear lord... how hard is it to not cast for example two Alexes and two Heathers on the same season? And worse there's a Caelynn and a Caitlin?? FFS... and the only women that stand out in that sad lineup are not for good reasons.

Ya know, I had actually put the sham that was Colton on BiP out of my mind and then I had a Colton commercial sprung on me and I thought: "Oh shit, that's right we have Colton as the Bachelor!" I may have even said it out loud.

I’m sure they do it on purpose because they think it’s hilarious. Weren’t there 3-4 girls on Arie’s season who all had the same name? They made some lame joke about all being in the same limo? I mean, this season there are two Hannah’s both from Alabama. I’m sure that will get brought up. But what did you expect? This is a show that thinks virginity is a draw for audiences. 

• Love 4
On 12/8/2018 at 4:55 AM, Wandering Snark said:

Not me!  I can't believe they are going to trot out this guy who was hated on BiP.

• Love 6

Colton and his comic book  hero looks does nothing at all for me... and yet... I'm sort of intrigued as to how this season will play out.   Will he sob on the shoulder of every girl he has to send home?   Will he go on a group date in Mexico and fall in love with a Mariachi singer?  Anything could happen!

• Love 4

I just find it so very interesting that in order to create excitement for the new season that they put Colton with...adorable puppies.  Is it because the producers know that Colton is not adorable and the only way to create an emotional bond between Colton and the viewers is to show the puppies?  Oh, and Colton showed more affection for those puppies than the women with whom he was in "love" during his two previous seasons.

• Love 4