Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

I'll just leave these here:

"Bachelor Creator Mike Fleiss Arrested for Harassing David Charvet and Brooke Burke"

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bachelor-creator-mike-fleiss-arrested-for-harassing-david-charvet-and-brooke-burke-report-46443

and

"Bachelor Creator Arrested for Disturbing Baywatch Star's Peace"

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/20/bachelor-creator-arrested-mike-fleiss-baywatch-david-charvet

Have fun, everyone!

KABOOM!

Edited by wings707

Remember Kylie, the red-head who mistakenly thought Juan Pablo had called her name?  Check out this story from my local news, about how she's talking to teenagers about being true to yourself.  Apparently she followed instructions from the producers to play a certain part, that wasn't the real her.  Then she had to deal with being ridiculed online.

http://www.rrstar.com/article/20141210/NEWS/141219901/0/SEARCH

I didn't watch Juan Pablo's season so I don't know Kylie, but it sounds like she's made some good changes in her life stemming from that not-good situation. Nice to learn some of these lessons at 24, no less.

As an aside, I often wonder what possesses most of these people to go on this manipulative shenanigans of a show, especially the ones who seem to have so much going for them already...why risk mucking it up for this circus. Is becoming part of the Bachelor Family inner circle that alluring? Some come on to publicize their business/themselves, but I wouldn't think TB would be part of a solid biz plan but it has worked for some of them...

I think she's overstating the trauma. People laughed at her for sure, but every first night has someone make a REAL ass of herself. Think of the drunk Fifty Shades of Grey girl, or Jenna the emotionally unstable blogger, or the many who cry over the fresh breakups that they're trying to get over by going on the show.

• Love 1

One Pablo was the worst yet best Bachelor ever. I liked how he didn't pretend this show was anything other than what it is. A sleaze fest for hookups. Every once in a while the Producers will strike gold but let's be real.

And apparently Michelle/Cody broke up. He just confirmed on his FB.

• Love 3

Kylie has nothing to be ashamed of. Anyone can miss-hear something and a gentleman would have pretended her name was what he had called and continued on. It was Juan Pablo who looked bad in that moment, like the kind of guy who would have sex in the ocean and then shame the woman about it the next day. I liked Kylie with red hair, too, but that pink prom dress ought to have been ashamed of itself.

• Love 2

Yup, just saw it on my timeline. Haven't read the story yet but it's from  People so you know it's confirmed. I officially bow to the body language posters on here. I'll be honest, I had no love for Andi but I thought people were maybe exaggerating and seeing what they wanted to with the comments about their body language at the live premiere but damn, you'll were on point. Now excuse me while I go cackle with glee...

• Love 2

Heh. She is so awful I am honestly happy for Josh. He seems like a nice guy.

This. I'm sure Josh won't have any trouble finding himself a nice woman to settle down with. And with this news I'm guessing those rumors about the family hating her and things between him and his family being strained because they hated her, was not total bullshit after all. Couldn't happen to a nicer woman...didn't even make it to a year. 

• Love 1

Well, good on Josh for getting to live another day ... without Grumpy Cat.

Chris H. was on some talk show this morning. I had just turned the tv on when his segment came on so I watched. He brought roses for the five women hosts, and showed a clip of the woman who refused to leave after being sent home. It was just Chris asking Chris what to do, and that's all. One host asked Chris about being divorced and would he go on TB. He said no, one had to have a certain level of "naïveté" to go on the show and believe they would find true love, and he is too jaded. Heh. Good response.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

Andi seems very high maintenance. Maybe that's why his family weren't fans. I wonder what finally made Josh check out because you know she would've held on to the fame and attention for a bit longer.

This speaks to the observation many of us had.  Andi forced her arm around Josh during the live finale when they rose from their seats to talk to CH.  It was awkward and unnecessary for her to wind her arm around his to embrace his back.  A couple comfortable with themselves would not even have thought they had to have arms around for such a casual encounter.  Hindsight again tells the story.  We saw that as odd but did not register that they were at the end and intent on putting on a front knowing they would announce their break up the next day.  And kudos for not doing it then.  OMG that would have been bad!  

I feel neutral about this.  The odds have always been  slim a marriage happens.  So they didn't make it like most everyone.  Not a big deal to me.  I was not hooked into their ending.  

I'm betting that Josh was serious about settling down & having a family, while Andi's decided she wants to stay in the limelight.  I can see her becoming one of those in the "Bachelor Nation" trying to keep her notoriety alive, while Josh goes back to finding a nice girl to have babies with. 

• Love 1
I wonder what finally made Josh check out because you know she would've held on to the fame and attention for a bit longer.

My guess is he was so disgusted with himself after all that fakery on Monday night that he decided to pull the plug immediately.

• Love 2

I'm hoping for another Red Carpet, maybe next season, or before The Bach-ette, and Chris H. GRILLING Andi about why she and Josh broke up. Didn't he say he loved her? Wasn't she No. 1 in his life? Yada yada yada *NikkiJuanPablo* yada yada. That would be worth tuning in for.

• Love 4

Couples break up and often not for one thing.  You get along for most things or you don't.  This is not a big deal nor does it have to be over "something."  Sometimes you just do not mesh.  

• Love 3

I am such an ass but my first reaction was to laugh. It wasn't even like a "bless your heart" type laugh like with Nikki and JP, but a full on cackle. I found Josh really hot, but without two brain cells to rub together. Andi was just so vapid and disingenuous. And to break up two days after they walked the awkward red carpet together? LOL.

• Love 2

Couples break up and often not for one thing.  You get along for most things or you don't.  This is not a big deal nor does it have to be over "something."  Sometimes you just do not mesh.  

Yeah, but this couple tried so hard to present their relationship as this perfect fairytale that was meant to be. Kept telling everyone how they're best friends and torturing us with unnecessary amounts of PDA. It's just a bit embarrassing when they call it quits as soon as they get permission.

This franchise certainly did Andi no favours. She's known for sleeping with all 3 men she spent private time with, 2 of which she's soon after ranked below her and made sure to bash at every opportunity. She's quit her job to chase fame, which hasn't amounted to much either. Now she's got a broken engagement in her hands on top of all that. She should've just stuck to being a lawyer.

• Love 7

https://twitter.com/bustle/status/552834991722598400/photo/1

Coincidentally, Nick V. the day prior to Andi and Josh's break-up announcement wrote of break-up tips. I hope Nick is over Andi and isn't still pining away for her, she's a barracuda.

I was of the impression she and Josh were much alike with quick tempers and controlling attitudes, so it doesn't surprise me at all that they fizzled. Or that the article upthread called 30-year-old Josh her "former baseball-playing beau". Retire the baseball glory days descriptor already.

• Love 1

It is a big deal since it was just hours prior they were walking red carpets and putting on a show of how together and happy and engaged they were. How they were going to plan a wedding, when Josh was ready for food tastings etc.. To go from the act they put on tv to a break up announcement 72 hours later makes it more of a deal.  

• Love 6

If Andi hadn't been so nasty to Nick and had been more graceful, people wouldn't be enjoying this mess so much. Not only was she ice cold to him but she also got her friends to trash him on social media and act like high school which is why she left a bad taste in our mouths. She was awful and the karma coming home to roost is hilarious. 

I hope we never get anymore Bachelorettes from Georgia. DeAnna and Andi were both the worst. 

• Love 2

It is a big deal since it was just hours prior they were walking red carpets and putting on a show of how together and happy and engaged they were. How they were going to plan a wedding, when Josh was ready for food tastings etc.. To go from the act they put on tv to a break up announcement 72 hours later makes it more of a deal.  

Good point.  That flew out of my mind as I posted above. They either did not tell CH or he requested they put on a show.  Either way there was no reason to over do it, which they did.  It would have been easy to be evasive.  A simple, we are not talking about a wedding yet would have worked.   And that awkward arm around move in the theater was totally unnecessary.   

I never liked either of them so I really don't care and I am not surprised they are over.  But I do now see how ridiculous their "show" was, on the red carpet.  

My main thing with them was never understanding their "connection" in the first place.  It was clear he doesn't do a lot of thinking and isn't the brainiest of men, and she seems to prefer people she can have a real conversation with--especially if she is going to be with them forever.  I never bought their whole story, so I am not surprised they broke up but I am surprised it happened so soon.  I figured they would string people along for a while longer.

• Love 2

I think it was Josh who called it off.  

You know it. I was rewatching them on the red carpet and Andi was working overtime and he was just...there. I think he just grew sick of the famewhoring. Good for him.

• Love 1

My main thing with them was never understanding their "connection" in the first place.  It was clear he doesn't do a lot of thinking and isn't the brainiest of men, and she seems to prefer people she can have a real conversation with--especially if she is going to be with them forever.  I never bought their whole story, so I am not surprised they broke up but I am surprised it happened so soon.  I figured they would string people along for a while longer.

I think Josh really thought he'd found his wife. He wouldn't have stuck by her and defended her so much after the ATFR fiasco, if he wasn't in it forever. He probably just learned over time that his feelings weren't really reciprocated. She was in it for the fame and opportunities and thought Josh would be the more attractive accessory. She wasn't ready or willing to pop out his own baseball team anytime soon, even though she made sure to let him think that for months. I can see how he would have no desire to continue with a fake relationship since he's already got two jobs and he wants to stay in Atlanta.

If Andi hadn't been so nasty to Nick and had been more graceful, people wouldn't be enjoying this mess so much. Not only was she ice cold to him but she also got her friends to trash him on social media and act like high school which is why she left a bad taste in our mouths. She was awful and the karma coming home to roost is hilarious.

And apparently she's still nasty as hell towards him. Rumor is that she told the producers she would absolutely not attend that lame live event crap if Nick was going to be there since apparently they invited almost every former person from the show, with the exception of Juan Pablo I imagine. It's hilarious that Andi still acts like some victim and believes she was so wronged in some way by Nick. So hearing this and now comes this breakup announcement just two days after they or really her, were trying to bullshit about "wedding plans", you bet I am enjoying it. And a quick look around online shows she's getting skewered in the comments. 

My main thing with them was never understanding their "connection" in the first place.

I actually did sort of get it. Andi was vocal about having a weakness for the athlete types, she was a woman who clearly has some not so feminist ideas of what a "real man" is and I definitely felt like Josh fit that physical ideal and then there was the attraction of his family or more appropriately his brother's fame and success. So I honestly was not surprised that Andi picked Josh when it was all said and done. 

I hope Nick is over Andi and isn't still pining away for her, she's a barracuda.

He definitely does not sound like he is. 

http://www.eonline.com/news/612788/bachelorette-runner-up-nick-viall-surprised-by-andi-dorfman-s-breakup-with-josh-murray-heartbreak-is-tough

I love how classy and adult he is admitting that he feels bad for both because a breakup is never easy for anyone but I also love how he makes it clear in no uncertain terms that Andi is a distant memory at this point. And that doesn't surprise me because Nick, in so many words, I thought made it clear in his media interviews after the finale that he definitely got his closure when Andi was such a cold, unfeeling bitch towards him at the reunion.

He said many times in those interviews that he was so thrown by her demeanor. I definitely think he left that night believing that it was all for the best. I also love how he's open to being friendly with Josh again though because I hilariously think it's sort of a "we can commiserate over dealing with the shrew that is Andi Dorfman and we survived."

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

I also love how he's open to being friendly with Josh again though because I hilariously think it's sort of a "we can commiserate over dealing with the shrew that is Andi Dorfman and we survived."

Ari and One-Ef Jef!

• Love 1

I shouldn't enjoy a couple breaking up as much as I am right now, but Andi is such a shameless phony that I can't bring myself to feel sorry for her. Josh and Andi definitely behaved awkwardly during the episode but I just attributed it to her being sort of clingy and trying to show the world how in luuuuuuuv both of them are. Come to think of it, Josh did look miserable throughout it all. No wonder she was so upset when dearly departed Eric called her out on being "on" and acting whenever cameras are on - a little too on the nose. Nick, you dodged a huge bullet, buddy.

• Love 2

I never took a liking to this couple.  I had a negative reaction to Andi on how she behaved with Nick on her finale.  It takes less energy to be kind and empathetic and makes you feel better, too.   It was not necessary to be so cold to someone clearly in pain; it was mean.  Never could warm to her after that.   As far as Josh goes, I think he is a good man.  

• Love 4
Come to think of it, Josh did look miserable throughout it all.

This is what really stood out to me. I know many talked about Andi's over the top, aggressive rubbing of Josh's back but if anything struck me as a little odd it was Josh's demeanor. Because Josh, especially as I remembered him during Andi's season (and it was a running joke on the board) was always somewhat a bit manic, the loud, almost aggressive, seemingly always happy kind of person - very extroverted. It was one of the things that further highlighted the contrast between him and Nick in my opinion. But I saw none of that on Monday. He smiled and was polite enough but definitely didn't seem like his usual big personality.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5