Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Well, this probably won't upset anyone.

http://tvline.com/2014/01/18/juan-pablo-galavis-anti-gay-bachelor-controversy-remarks-pervert/

Summary, Juan Pablo, on stage at winter press tour, reportedly said he didn't think gay or bisexual people should be on The Bachelor because it isn't good for kids to watch, then went off a little on the "weirdness" of kids having two parents of the same sex, before referring to gays as "more pervert, in a sense."

It will be fun to watch ABC spin this one, although they will undoubtedly credit some of it to the language barrier.  I think it was more a case of a big cultural difference and the speaker not being able to read the room.

I personally wonder how many ABC publicists were in the back of the room simultaneously hyperventilating and trying to wave him off while he was speaking.

• LOL 1

I know I'm evil but the fact that this makes both JP and Fleiss look bad makes me so happy! (Article saying JP "duped" producers into thinking he was going to propose on ATFR)

Also this , one of many reports extant that ABC and Fleiss couldn't wait to be rid of JP.  Can't imagine why.

And here, the probable meaning behind JP's reference to a drastic change of plans two weeks ago.  (Hint: He got the word he wouldn't be on DWTS.)

I thought he was awful, but if they're still together, it at least takes him out of circulation and prevents him from boring other women to death. I tend to think that them being together is real, since he's very clearly unwilling to cooperate with TPTB in any way, shape, or form. I suspect that would preclude a sham relationship.

• Love 1

I loved that Tom or Erin didn't speak to them in some faux-interview crap. Did they even acknowledge them? Not that I recall, but I do FF plenty. The ad for the new B'ette season making fun of his incessant "ess ok" to all the girls makes me laugh way too much.

@leighdear thanks for sharing that. It was good stuff. On another note, related to that piece, what is Miss Missouri wearing? A lace shorts onesie? Was it special order? If some designer thought that was a good idea then obviously he/she hasn't seen 95% of America. Gack. I also have a personal belief that if you have to strip to pee you're asking for complications. She's a pretty girl but the jumper be jumping up into her lady bits & it's unfortunate. 

So, was that Nicki with him in the one photo?  No one seems to have commented on it, but even though her face is down, it looked like her.  Also, what was Juan Pablo doing in St. Louis?  Just went for the game?

I would assume he went to spent some time with Nikki since that's where she lives. It's good to see them spending 'normal' time with each other.

Well, looks like they will be spending more time together, just not what I'd call "normal" time:

It's been reported everywhere today that JP and NIkki are filming the next season of Couples Therapy.

Actually wanting to work on their relationship, or just trying to extend their 15 minutes?  (If anyone cares, Reality Steve claims it is the latter.  He's annoying, but in this case probably correct).

This link might not work because I'm on my phone and sent link to email from the Huffington Post app, and then copying into mobile view here. But part of me wishes i never read what happened between Ben and Courtney in the ocean. You've been forewarned.

Courtney Robertson Reveals 'Bachelor' Secrets - http://huff.to/1lvaNNW

There's a lot of press about Courtney's book - a lot of it is disturbing.  She also talks about her relationship with Arie and the collapse of her relationship with Ben. She doesn't come out smelling like roses, though Im not sure her public personal can really be damaged much after her season and the aftermath.  You can find a lot of it through here: http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvdb/courtney-robertson/

My favorite aspect of this? She seems genuinely surprised that someone who would bang her in the ocean while still stringing along 10 other women would turn out to be a self-centered asshat.  

I was in the mood for something cheap, trashy and gossip filled so I broke open the piggy bank and spent $11.99 to download Courtney's contribution to literature. It is exactly what you would expect it to be. Courtney attempts to set the record straight and hopefully shore up her image, but because she is who she is (someone very self-centered, who possesses neither a clue nor a filter) she ends up reinforcing every thing we believe about her.

She attempts to explain her behavior away by saying that a) she has a sense of humor most don't get and b) as always seems to be the case with Bachelor villains, she does not make friends easily with women, being more of a "guy's girl". I certainly believe both of those explanations, though I would add that perhaps people don't get her humor because it isn't funny and is in fact very mean spirited. 

Ironically, despite the title of her book, she in fact did make a couple of friends during her time, most notably her "BFF" Casey Shteamer, but also Rachel Truehart and Jaclyn Schwartz.  

But otherwise, this book only confirms what we already knew: She and Ben had sex when they went skinny-dipping, pretty much all of the rest of the women hated her, with her biggest enemies being Emily and Kacie B., and Ben is a douchebag. All of this is surprising to absolutely no one. 

About the only thing "revealed" is that the Bachelor's casting process is a lot more intense than most would believe. 

• Love 2

Well, guess who I saw on a commercial for the new reality show, Married at First SightJamie, the desperate nurseYou know, she who forced an odd kissing scene before being cut with Ben? Hooked up with Chris B on BP? Then acted weird about it after? And obviously still isn't fully mortified if she's willing to trust reality tv to decide her future husband. I completely recognized her, then looked it up and there she is. All this is reminding me of Darva Conger and Rick Rockwell and that whole heap of a mess. Ironically, both are nurses.

• Love 1
(edited)
She was known on the TWOP forums as Nurse Slutbag.

Oh, nice. I totally don't remember that, but makes perfect sense. 

I wonder what her new "husband" will think of her boisterous past?

And she lives in Harlem? I thought she was from Tennessee or Alabama or something? 

Edited by ShaNaeNae
And she lives in Harlem? I thought she was from Tennessee or Alabama or something?

IIRC, she had a hard-knock upbringing in upstate NY. She said her parents were drug addicts and she raised her younger siblings on her own and put herself through nursing school. Which is a remarkable achievement that made me want to like her in the beginning, but then I just couldn't.

• Love 1

The Biggest Loser, in a bid to save it's own failing self, has two new hires.  The first, a former American Gladiator. The second?  Relates to this forum.  LITERALLY relates:

Bachelor Jake Pavelka’s Cousin Jessie Joins Biggest Loser Season 16

Famewhores never die--their relatives just get the fame bug as well!  Although to be accurate, apparently Jessie Pavelka had it first.  He's had a celeb-trainer TV career for awhile apparently, on lesser channels and in the UK.

I agree that a season of The Bachelor: Down on the Farm would be excellent for so many reasons!  And frankly I can't see the producers passing up an opportunity like that, unless Chris just doesn't agree to do it.

Last night Wipeout had all former Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants.  It amazes me how much so many of them want to remain on t.v.  Erica Rose?  Just quit during the first obstacle.  And, I was surprised that Arie was on it (and out fairly quickly).

If Nick did happen to be the bachelor I wonder if he'd do fiancée things with all the fantasy suite invitees? I have this hilarious mental image of the competitors, oh sorry I mean love-hopefuls, all offering to do increasingly freaky stuff thinking that's what he meant as fiancée stuff.

• Love 3

It's official...Chris is the next Bachelor.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/chris-soules-next-bachelor-arie-luyendyk-jr-reacts-2014268

I can feel myself falling asleep already just typing this. Also, Arie really, really wanted this gig...hilarious. And he's getting a little skewered in the comments for his "good luck on the farm" tweet. Eh, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was just trying to be cheeky.

Edited by truthaboutluv

They're intent on boring me to death. Or making me not watch the show, more likely. I can't recall the last time I watched an entire season of The Bachelor or Bachelorette. (Who was the B'ette before Emily? That's the one.)

OTOH, I love Arie's tweet. He was never my favorite, but he does occasionally show a droll sense of humor.

Ashley was the Bachelorette before Emily.  I really liked Ashley's season.

I'm looking forward to Chris.  He doesn't need to be a raging ball of fire for me, cause the ladies are the ones that are going to be pulling out all the drama, intrigue and crazy! 

He did seem to be that homespun, down-to-earth kinda guy with Andi, but I'm predicting some very different attitude from him as the lead.  I think it's been simmering below the surface all this time.

Supposedly it will also be announced on Good Morning America tomorrow. 

You gotta love tabloids. This story actually says nothing new from the previous one announcing Chris as the Bachelor, but I guess some editor read the comments, saw how some felt about Arie's tweet and has created a headline about how pissed he is he wasn't the Bachelor. Again with actually no new information. And I don't even give a crap about Arie but that's kind of shady.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/arie-luyendyk-jr-is-pissed-hes-not-the-next-bachelor-details-2014268

Yeah Reality Steve has jumped on it as well. He had a blog to gloat about being right about Chris being the next Bachelor and not only called Arie bitter but then threw shade at him by claiming he was hooking up with someone named Chelsie and that as soon as he thought he was going to be The Bachelor, he suddenly stopped calling her and ignored her.

He doesn't say who this Chelsie person is but states her name like people should know so I'm wondering if it was the Chelsie who was on Juan Pablo's season. I can't think of any season where RS seemed to hate both of the F2 as much as he hates both Arie and Jef. It almost borders on obsession with him when it comes to those two actually. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
He did seem to be that homespun, down-to-earth kinda guy with Andi, but I'm predicting some very different attitude from him as the lead.  I think it's been simmering below the surface all this time.

Yep, I agree. I actually thought there were times when he was merely tolerating Andi, particularly during the hometown date.  But I think he handled himself well overall. Of the final four, he was the most articulate (the bar is rather low, I realize).  I think he's nice enough, but I also wonder how he'll be as the pursued rather than pursuer.  I'm unconvinced he's a Sean type, so it'll be interesting to see how he carries himself.  Never cared about Arie, and definitely had no interest in a "Nick obliviously prattles and rambles" type of Bachelor show.     

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 2

Saw Chris on GMA for the announcement and he came across well enough but there's a part of me that finds it fascinating how he was one of the ones leading the charge against Nick in that confrontation about how "strategic" Nick was and it was all he was interested in. Because honestly, if anyone played it perfectly last season angling for that Bachelor position, I'd say it was Chris. Good for him, it worked out, just as it worked for Andi with her "dramatic" exit from Juan Pablo's season. I don't know, with the show's constant recycling of contestants, I think it's made me wary and suspicious of contestants who seem to say and do all the right things that they think will make the audience root for them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3