Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Caity's instagram had a video of her going into a Warner Bros director training program and she shadowed Bamboozle directing the Arrow finale so I feel confident that she'll get to direct a LOT episode soon.

• Love 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Caity's instagram had a video of her going into a Warner Bros director training program and she shadowed Bamboozle directing the Arrow finale so I feel confident that she'll get to direct a LOT episode soon.

Caity confirmed on the PIX 11 morning news that she's directing an episode of LOT next season. She hopes its one with some martial arts.

Edited to add link to interview:

https://pix11.com/2019/05/20/caity-lotz-talks-finale-of-legends-of-tomorrow/

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 4

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of May 6-12 (Top 40 Report)

• The Flash - 0.95, 2.622 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.59, 1.865 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.59, 1.309 million.
  • The 100 - 0.55, 1.572 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.54, 1.437 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.46, 1.507 million (#414 - Nip/Stuck).
  • Charmed - 0.39, 1.190 million.
  • Arrow - 0.35, 1.158 million.
  • iZombie - 0.33, 0.955 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.20, 0.791 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.17, 0.630 million.

Live+SD Ratings for comparison:

• The Flash - 0.49, 1.451 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.32, 1.110 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.29, 0.707 million.
  • The 100 - 0.28, 0.806 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.26, 0.937 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.26, 0.740 million.
  • Charmed - 0.19, 0.627 million.
  • Arrow - 0.18, 0.625 million.
  • iZombie - 0.17, 0.599 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.15, 0.542 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.10, 0.417 million.

Links to ratings reports:

**All information from Programming Insider**

• Love 1

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of May 13-19 (Top 40 Report)

• The Flash - 1.03, 2.691 million (Season five finale).
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.63, 1.367 million.
  • The 100 - 0.56, 1.571 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.52, 1.697 million (Season four finale).
  • Riverdale - 0.52, 1.470 million (Season three finale).
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.46, 1.537 million (#415 - Terms of Service).
  • Arrow - 0.45, 1.508 million (Season seven finale).
  • Charmed - 0.36, 1.094 million (Season one finale).
  • iZombie - 0.33, 0.920 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.22, 0.847 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.21, 0.686 million.

Live+SD Ratings for comparison:

• The Flash - 0.56, 1.533 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.30, 1.075 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.28, 0.861 million.
  • The 100 - 0.28, 0.819 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.26, 0.987 million.
  • Arrow - 0.24, 0.951 million.
  • Jane the Virgin - 0.24, 0.616 million.
  • Charmed - 0.18, 0.589 million.
  • iZombie - 0.18, 0.568 million.
  • In The Dark - 0.17, 0.524 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.14, 0.493 million.

Links to ratings reports:

**All information from Programming Insider**

• Love 1
On 5/17/2019 at 7:14 PM, Starfish35 said:

Season-to-date:

• #401: Live+SD - 0.32, 0.996 million.  Live+7 - 0.71, 2.031 million. 
  • #402: Live+SD - 0.32, 0.943 million.  Live+7 - 0.63, 1.820 million.
  • #403: Live+SD - 0.26, 0.859 million.  Live+7 - 0.61, 1.793 million.
  • #404: Live+SD - 0.27, 0.899 million. Live+7 - 0.56, 1.652 million.
  • #405: Live+SD - 0.29, 0.907 million. Live+7 - 0.60, 1.747 million.
  • #406: Live+SD - 0.30, 0.973 million. Live+7 - 0.62, 1.763 million.
  • #407: Live+SD - 0.31, 0.934 million. Live+7 - 0.63, 1.782 million.
  • #408: Live+SD - 0.41, 1.097 million. Live+7 - 0.67, 1.843 million.
  • #409: Live+SD - 0.25, 0.917 million. Live+7 - 0.54, 1.656 million.
  • #410: Live+SD - 0.29, 0.947 million. Live+7 - 0.52, 1.575 million.
  • #411: Live+SD - 0.27, 0.978 million. Live+7 - 0.51, 1.566 million.
  • #412: Live+SD - 0.24, 0.854 million. Live+7 - 0.48, 1.478 million.
  • #413: Live+SD - 0.28, 0.905 million. Live+7 - 0.50, 1.482 million
  • #414: Live+SD - 0.26, 0.937 million.  Live+7 - 0.46, 1.507 million.
  • #415: Live+SD - 0.26, 0.987 million.  Live+7 - 0.46, 1.537 million.
  • #416: Live+SD - 0.27, 1.047 million.  Live+7 - 0.46, 1.557 million.

Quoting to update this through the end of the season.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

According to YVRShoots, Legends is filming from July 15th to January 29th, 2020. So based on that, there is probably 15-16 episodes for S5.

It's 29 weeks of filming (minus 2 days) just like last season was.

Edited by Proteus
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

So the episode that will air first (the crossover) will be filmed halfway through the season. I’m really curious to see how the crossover will fit into the new season. Or if they’re going to treat the crossover like a fever dream and ignore it once the season starts.

13 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

So the episode that will air first (the crossover) will be filmed halfway through the season. I’m really curious to see how the crossover will fit into the new season. Or if they’re going to treat the crossover like a fever dream and ignore it once the season starts.

I'd assume that the Crisis will have some permanent effect on the Legends.  I mean, they're not going to have Behrad and the amulet on the team along with Zari Tomaz, relatively powerless woman who once did a cool thing with a dragon.

Figure something will happen to remove Behrad from the team while leaving the amulet for Zari to take up (again).  It'd be nice if he didn't die, that's likely what will occur.

49 minutes ago, johntfs said:

I'd assume that the Crisis will have some permanent effect on the Legends.  I mean, they're not going to have Behrad and the amulet on the team along with Zari Tomaz, relatively powerless woman who once did a cool thing with a dragon.

Figure something will happen to remove Behrad from the team while leaving the amulet for Zari to take up (again).  It'd be nice if he didn't die, that's likely what will occur.

But that won't happen in Crisis. The whole Behrad/Zari story will play out on Legends.

I think Legends will be the show least effected, if at all, by Crisis.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah that's going to be weird, the crossover will be the first episode aired but the 8th or 9th episode filmed. I don't think the crossover will really impact the Legends. They'll probably treat it as a one off episode. The Legends are just side characters in the crossovers. The Trinity get all the character development and with it being Arrow's last ride he'll probably get the most. If anything Sara and maybe Ray will get more to do being they started on Arrow. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

The crossover tease on the other three shows also had implications for the plot of the next season. On Legends the Monitor just watched and ate popcorn. It definitely feels like the writers are trying to limit the impact of the crossover. And now that Batwoman will be joining the Trinity there will be even less room for the Legends. I just hope that for once, it isn't the last episode of the crossover. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, lurker22 said:

According to Spoilertv, S5 of Legends has 15 episodes.

Hopefully that's not including their COIE episode or hopefully they are just wrong.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

It sounds about right, though. There's about 5 fewer days of filming compared to last season (starts ~10 days later, ends ~5 days later), and an episode typically takes about 8-10 days to shoot. So maybe there's 3-5 extra days for the crossover.

(edited)
1 hour ago, lurker22 said:

It sounds about right, though. There's about 5 fewer days of filming compared to last season (starts ~10 days later, ends ~5 days later), and an episode typically takes about 8-10 days to shoot. So maybe there's 3-5 extra days for the crossover.

It doesn't sound right to me. I don't think it's that many less days . They go up to the 29th this year when last year they were scheduled to stop on the 24th but actually stopped on the 25th. I see someone saying Supergirls count is wrong. So Legends might be as well.

Edited by Proteus

You can now vote in the Second Round of the 2019 Primetimer Awards - voting in this round ends on June 21 (then winners/runoff vote will be announced on June 24)

Categories LOT is nominated in:

Other Arrowverse Nominees:

• Love 3
(edited)

BR at Smallville Comic Con yesterday (June 22)...

And coming up next weekend...

Fan Fest-New Jersey, June 29-30, 2019
Tala Ashe, Nick Zano and Matt Ryan (also Rick Gonzalez, Juliana Harkavy, Katrina Law, Kirk Acevedo,  Danielle Panabaker, Danielle Nicolet and Hartley Sawyer)
https://www.fanfestevents.com/newjersey/guests/
Schedule
-Sat. (6/29) at 2:00pm - Legends of Tomorrow (Tala Ashe, Nick Zano & Matt Ryan)
-Sat. (6/29) at 3:00pm - Kirk Acevedo
-Sat. (6/29) at 3:30pm - The Flash (Danielle Panabaker, Hartley Sawyer & Danielle Nicolet)
-Sun. (6/30) at 2:00pm - Arrow (Juliana Harkavy, Rick Gonzalez & Katrina Law)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

SDCC schedule thus far. LoT isn't on it (yet?). There is a gap between the Batwoman and Arrow panels, so maybe it'll be scheduled then later? I hope they're not dropping it because LoT is a midseason show.

ETA: This seems to be the WB press release, which mentions 16 shows going to SDCC, not including LoT. So I guess this'll be the first time LoT is missing SDCC.

Edited by lurker22

It's another slap in the face for the show. After such an awful fourth season I was hoping for some promotion at the biggest press event for shows like these. But now we will get nothing to even hold on to after season 4 to give us hope for next year. It's so hard not to just give up on Legends at this point.

(edited)
18 hours ago, Proteus said:

It's another slap in the face for the show. After such an awful fourth season I was hoping for some promotion at the biggest press event for shows like these. But now we will get nothing to even hold on to after season 4 to give us hope for next year. It's so hard not to just give up on Legends at this point.

Apparently Mid Season shows are no longer invited to SDCC. So it's not a slap in the face it's new policy. 

SDCC 2018 didn't invite Game of Thrones, Outlander, Westworld, iZombie, The 100, Gotham, Blindspot. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I don't know that it's a new policy. Last year HBO and Starz skipped the con and it was described as their choice every time. Marvel (movies) skipped the con last year and a couple years before that, and Warner Bros (movies) is skipping this year. The con has had panels, including pilot presentations, for shows premiering in midseason, including last year. Game of Thrones is done and they're getting a Hall H panel. So it may not be policy so much as the networks choosing not to spend the money to promote their winter shows at a summer con. Which I still think is a mistake since Comic Con is the big one but I'm not in charge of the money.

• Love 2

There’s always the Heroes Fan Fest shows, if you want to see (and meet) Legends folk. I get why LoT has no panel presence, but it stings a little because I consider it to be the best Arrowverse show. Needless to say, I was okay with most of S4. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Apparently Mid Season shows are no longer invited to SDCC. So it's not a slap in the face it's new policy. 

SDCC 2018 didn't invite Game of Thrones, Outlander, Westworld, iZombie, The 100, Gotham, Blindspot. 

2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I don't know that it's a new policy. Last year HBO and Starz skipped the con and it was described as their choice every time. Marvel (movies) skipped the con last year and a couple years before that, and Warner Bros (movies) is skipping this year. The con has had panels, including pilot presentations, for shows premiering in midseason, including last year. Game of Thrones is done and they're getting a Hall H panel. So it may not be policy so much as the networks choosing not to spend the money to promote their winter shows at a summer con. Which I still think is a mistake since Comic Con is the big one but I'm not in charge of the money.

According to some on Twitter it's a policy specifically having to do with Warner Brothers and their shows.

Every CW Drama Show Ever Made Ranked, from Worst to Best

5. Legends of Tomorrow (2016-present)

Legends of Tomorrow is, hands down, the best superhero property currently airing on The CW. It takes creative risks that few other series would even attempt, and its utter sense of fearlessness reflects the best of what the CW can both do and be as a television network. It always swings for the fences, is willing to try new things and remains self-aware enough to recalibrate when certain stories or characters aren’t working.

The show, which just wrapped its fourth season, is perhaps the lesser-known weird cousin of the CW’s Arrowverse and, as such, doesn’t necessarily represent the network brand in a way that The Flash and Arrow do, what with its glitter-spewing unicorns and giant sentient Beebo dolls. But it’s so much fun, and has such heart that it’s a perfect example of how The CW’s dedication to letting its series find their feet can pay off in ways you never expected.

• Love 6
On 6/25/2019 at 10:31 AM, Lantern7 said:

There’s always the Heroes Fan Fest shows, if you want to see (and meet) Legends folk. I get why LoT has no panel presence, but it stings a little because I consider it to be the best Arrowverse show. Needless to say, I was okay with most of S4. 🤷‍♂️

Heroes Fan Fest is not on the same level as SDCC. The whole cast and the producers come to SDCC. And it’s not just a panel with fan questions, there are photoshoots and media interviews where everyone gets an opportunity to discuss their storyline for the upcoming season. So whether you liked last season and are excited to see what comes next, or were disappointed and are hoping to see the show course correct, you can get an idea of what the upcoming season will be like. 

Plus, they usually have about two episodes filmed by then so they usually show a sizzle reel at the panel (which is later uploaded to YouTube) so you can actually get a glimpse of the new season.

You’re not getting any of this at a HVFF.

Personally, I was hoping to learn about the new version of Zari and how the Legends are going to fit into COIE, especially since Crisis is also their season premiere.

Any possibility they’d do NYCC?

• Love 1

LOT may not be having a panel but it looks like they will be at Comic Con after all. I just put my name in the lottery for their autograph session. I'm now thinking they'll be there for interviews, surprise appearances at the other Arrowverse panels (either on stage or in the audience asking questions), or there's going to be a Crisis...something at the con that hasn't been announced yet. It may also be as simple as WB being aware that attendees will still rush to try and get autographs even without a panel and taking advantage of that love. They're bringing The 100 to do an autograph session as well so it may just be that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

LOT may not be having a panel but it looks like they will be at Comic Con after all. I just put my name in the lottery for their autograph session. I'm now thinking they'll be there for interviews, surprise appearances at the other Arrowverse panels (either on stage or in the audience asking questions), or there's going to be a Crisis...something at the con that hasn't been announced yet. It may also be as simple as WB being aware that attendees will still rush to try and get autographs even without a panel and taking advantage of that love. They're bringing The 100 to do an autograph session as well so it may just be that.

Legends EP Keto said a few of them would go to do press. So probably her, Klemmer, and a few cast members. I hope you win the lottery.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Proteus said:

and a few cast members.

Do you think they’ll bring everyone?  I’m guessing at least Caity, Brandon, Courtney, and probably Nick Zano.  Who else do you think they might bring? Tala, I hope.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Do you think they’ll bring everyone?  I’m guessing at least Caity, Brandon, Courtney, and probably Nick Zano.  Who else do you think they might bring? Tala, I hope.

She said a few so I don't think everyone. Probably just Brandon & Caity since usually when they do smaller press those are the only two they bring.

51 minutes ago, Proteus said:

She said a few so I don't think everyone. Probably just Brandon & Caity since usually when they do smaller press those are the only two they bring.

Courtney will probably get invited too since she's Brandon's wife.