Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

That's "Ronnie" from the city council and Jazzagals - I don't know the actress's name though.

Oh thank you! I should have known it was her by her huge eyes! (I'm only on the second season of Schitt's Creek)

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Eureka said:

I haven’t watched Unorthodox yet but it’s on my list. Never watched Schitt’s Creek either.

My husband hates tv but got hooked on Unorthodox when I was watching it. He now says it is the best tv he’s seen. Bob Newhart! Time is a bitch. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Macbeth said:

Omg Bob Newhart was great with giving up sky diving and alligator wrestling.

His comedic chops are always gold.  But wow- he is 91 years old.

He can do drama, too. I still remember a very hard-hitting turn he did on ER years ago as a blind patient who had a crush on Dr. Lewis and was so devastated when she stood him up that he killed himself. It was such a shock to the system to see that!

• Love 3

I was hoping the show would be a little shorter without some of the “comedy” bits that I don’t think are funny. Actually, I don’t think Jimmy Kimmel is ever funny, so I guess it’s my own problem that I tuned in, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I know it's a bit but I honestly would believe that Aniston and Cox decided to quarantine together.

I think Cox's fiance has been stuck in Europe due to the travel ban so I would totally believe it. 

How 2020 that the Emmys are being delivered not by limo but in Kias.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Bateman didn't win but it's sweet that he had his daughter there since she's too young to attend the traditional ceremony.

I really thought Cox and Strong would split the vote and Bateman would win. As a Strong fan, I'm glad that didn't happen.

• Love 3

Great speech.  But I no at least one person who isn't happy.

J. Jonah Jameson:  "Zendaya?!  She's involved with Spider-Man!  Who is a menace!  This is unacceptable!"

Succession wins writing, of course.  Better Call Saul is never going to win anything, is it?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ProudMary said:

I only watched the first couple of episodes of Euphoria, too heavy for me, but Zendaya was outstanding. I'm very happy for her.

Me too, had to bail after a few eps but she was good. But I really thought it was Linney's year. Season 3 was her season!

• Love 2