Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Just now, Misslindsey said:

I do not think it will happen, but I would like anything to upset Maisel. Anything.

I'm rooting for FLEABAG to take it. It feels like FLEABAG's year. Just like last year was MAISEL's year. 

(For me, it's a stylistic thing. Everything about MAISEL feels fake to me; it's so Vaudevillian, sped-up and canned that I can't immerse myself. I know I'm in the minority, however. And the actors are wonderful.)

I think Hutton looks a bit rough, but basically it's that difference between middle age and edging into true old age (he was 52 when LEVERAGE ended, now he's 59 so he's on that slope to managing a different life stage).

Meanwhile, I was kind of tickled that Bateman won. I've loved his work on OZARK and I felt like his mea culpa was pretty humble and believable after that awful AD interview.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Oh, yeah, the Breaking Bad movie!  Part of me wants to be worried, but I have faith in Vince Gilligan and crew, especially after they managed to make Better Call Saul be more than just merely a prequel.

I didn't realize how much I needed El Camino until I saw the ad for El Camino. Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul are minor gods.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

Do you not like it, or are you just tired of the hype?

I watched part of the first season. I really liked what I saw, but never went back to it.

I thought the first season was fine, but it did not live up to the hype for me. I started to dislike the main character in the second season. I like Alex Borstein though. 

Fleabag!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

But now this means Dinklage is the only actor to win for GOT, which just feels odd since the entire cast is so talented.

4 minutes ago, FoundTime said:

I think I read somewhere that he is the only actor who has ever won for GoT.

Like maybe in the post you quoted? 🍷😉

• LOL 9
Just now, wallflower75 said:

I'm smelling blood in the water--Fleabag beats out Veep's final season.  This can't be good for GoT...

I’m beginning to think the Emmy voters hated the last season of GOT as much as the general public. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

Well, I guess I really do have to watch Fleabag now.

It’s on Amazon Prime and the two seasons are short so you can get through them quickly. Season 2 has Hot Priest (Andrew Scott who Phoebe singled out) if you want more incentive. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Huh, GoT. I'm not upset at it -- I didn't hate the final season as much as most people did. I actually thought it had some gorgeous moments, even if it did feel rushed and sort of by-the-numbers in the very end.

In terms of the dramas nominated, I do feel like this was certainly the most difficult to produce, and that the final season had some gorgeous moments. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, General Days said:
8 minutes ago, General Days said:
16 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

But now this means Dinklage is the only actor to win for GOT, which just feels odd since the entire cast is so talented.

13 minutes ago, FoundTime said:

I think I read somewhere that he is the only actor who has ever won for GoT.

Like maybe in the post you quoted? 🍷😉

Ha! I meant somewhere else. Obvs reading too fast trying to keep up! Haven't even had that much wine...

• Love 4

Yeah, that was overall bust.  A few wins I liked and nothing that really upset me, but the telecast was just so boring.  And while a few good speeches as well, none of them will really stick with me after tomorrow.

Still, it was great to be on this forum as always!  Plus, I now have another show to watch, because I'm totally going check out Fleabag when I can.

• Love 3

“No animated characters were harmed in the making of this program.” 

What about us humans who had to sit through all of this? And yet, I will get sucked into the masked singer. I’ll just have the panel on mute. (Please God, let McCarthy stay on Sirius for the rest of her life. She already ruined a good man, the rest of us don’t need to suffer.)

meet at you all for the Golden Globes!

• LOL 7

I feel we all deserve an award for sitting through the Emmys. 

I spent a lot of time cursing at my tv during the last year of GoT, but the actors were, for the most part, freaking flawless. Coffee cups and water bottles can’t take away the moments of pure perfection the show gave me, so well done Dan and Dave since I’m positive Martin will never finish the flipping books. 

• Love 13