Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

What the hell is Sarah Paulson wearing?

It made her look ten times bigger than she actually is.

Cynthia Erivo and Michaela Cole look amazing in their short hair, and it’s not fair, really.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SnarkShark said:

Are we on schedule for this to end around 1:30am Eastern?

I'm just circling the airport here on the West Coast until the Ken Burns doc on Ali comes on in a half-hour...

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, SnarkShark said:

Another.

Skit.

Maybe the Emmy folks had a contest where viewers could submit award show skits?  Hard to imagine them being crafted by professionals.

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

We don't have time for this! Read the room or a clock for heaven's sake!

You know when the announcer is supposed to be acknowledged?  In the end credits, they say goodbye and give their name.

But not on THIS broadcast apparently. Just waste more time, why don't they?

Edited by SnarkShark
  • Love 3
Just now, mojoween said:

The skits are obvs terrible but the lady in red yelling at Cedric looked super gorgeous (I didn’t see her name in time).

Terri Vaughn.

That sketch would've worked if at the end, Rege' Jean-Page was hiding backstage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Does anyone know who the black guy in the strapless white dress is? He kept standing for the Hacks people and getting a lot of screen time. He looks familiar but I don’t know who he is.

1 minute ago, Cotypubby said:

Oh ok, well that answers that. He’s on Hacks. 

Yes.  He played the CEO of Jean Smart's character's company. 

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Does anyone know who the black guy in the strapless white dress is? He kept standing for the Hacks people and getting a lot of screen time. He looks familiar but I don’t know who he is.

I was trying to find out the same thing right when they gave him a shout out. Carl Clemons-Hopkins