Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

I don't like Cynthia Erivo's dress. The bottom looks like a peacock lol.

Someone in twitter said it looks like a toilet bowl cleaner.  I die.  LOL.  I admit she is on my irrational dislike list.

Elizabeth Olsen's fans are going gaga over her look, but her dress makes her look like  she is about to be baptized in the river any minute, imo.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, DearEvette said:

Someone in twitter said it looks like a toilet bowl cleaner.  I die.  LOL.  I admit she is on my irrational dislike list.

Elizabeth Olsen's fans are going gaga over her look, but her dress makes her look like  she is about to be baptized in the river any minute, imo.

That is funny 😄 

8 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I think this guy on E! has told everyone he's talked to that they are "iconic". 

As much as we skate Giulianna every year - there’s a skill to making red carpets look non stressful that her and Ryan Seacrest can pull off. This new guy - not so much. I can feel his stress anytime the camera pans to him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I missed it too so am looking online. Kaley Cuoco's yellow gown is fab, but...
Seriously The New York Times? You are paying someone who either is color blind or color ignorant to do your live blog of the Emmy Red Carpet????

image.thumb.png.87c2d55cdff4b537cac5eb5a20c68e0c.png

Edited by shapeshifter
Just now, mtlchick said:

Just A Friend was cheesy, sort of a mess but people were having fun singing it so I can’t hate on it. Never thought I would see Rita Wilson rapping along side LL Cool J but hey, 2021. 

*checks Bingo card* Yeah that one was missing on mine too.

1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

It always seems strange that the SNL performers are in the same category as actors on regular series. It is such a different kid of acting.

Agree.  I loved the Lasso actress’s speech, but I also love Aidy, Cecily, and Kate.

• Love 2

As I said on another board yesterday, I could recap tonight's show before it even aired - Ted Lasso is going to sweep the Comedy categories and The Crown is going to sweep in the Drama categories.

There you go, night complete. And these first two awards are not convincing me I was wrong. 

• LOL 1