Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
susannot

The Annual Primetime Emmys Topic

Just now, scarynikki12 said:

Dan for three!!!

The Supporting Actor in a Comedy category is a particular embarrassment of riches.

That's what I was thinking too.  Damn, there are some incredible actors in comedies right now.

• Like 4

Does anyone know who the lady is that is sitting with Dan Levy? She is always so enthusiastic when SC gets a win,it's great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valny said:

Does anyone know who the lady is that is sitting with Dan Levy? She is always so enthusiastic when SC gets a win,it's great.

That's "Ronnie" from the city council and Jazzagals - I don't know the actress's name though.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Good lord, what is Zendaya wearing???

Attention getting.

1 minute ago, ShadowHunter said:

Zendaya that dress is a huge NO. No lol.

Yes, yes it's for social media.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valny said:

Karen Robinson. She plays Ronnie on the show.

• Like 2

I'm thinking as to why Schitt's Creek cleaned up and the only reasonable answer is; it peaked at the right time.  Right as the pandemic was taking hold and no one knew what the fuck was happening, the final season was on and with people staying at home, needed some lightness and heart.  The buzz picked up speed over the final weeks and it paid off.

Oh Canada!

• Like 14

Already doing Best Comedy?  I wonder if this is to not have the eventual winners hang around in public for longer than they need to, due to COVD stuff.

Yikes, having Morgan Freeman present The Kominsky Method just makes me think of the sexual harassment stuff with him, and how one of the stories involved Alan Arkin telling him to quit it.

Lin-Manuel Miranda loves What We Do in the Shadows?!  He keeps getting even more awesome!

And it's Schitt's Creek for the win! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Well some of the responses I saw on Twitter they don't like it either lol.

They are talking about it right?

I guess they could only get limited numbers of statues across the border? Because they are, what, 4 statues down.....🇨🇦

Edited by Quickbeam

I haven't seen "Schitt's Creek", but given all the talk about how good it is and whatnot, I feel I should probably be adding it to my "to check out" list. The cast seems like a lovely bunch judging from seeing them here. 

• Like 9

Oh Canada!  Very happy for my northern neighbors.  You breed very talented people.

I'm watching with an eye to how the other awards shows will be produced.  It's interesting to say the least.

• Like 3

Sadly, this makes me not interested in watching it.  Expectations and all.  Plus, I've seen just about all the other shows and would like to have a little variety.  

• Like 2

Just now, LisaM said:

Thrilled for Schitt's Creek. Terrific show. 

Agree, but I’m just going to assume that anything The Good Place-related was a close second in every category. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I haven't seen "Schitt's Creek", but given all the talk about how good it is and whatnot, I feel I should probably be adding it to my "to check out" list. The cast seems like a lovely bunch judging from seeing them here. 

Speaking as someone who just binged it over the last couple months, my feeling was that it was just "OK" at the beginning... until the last episode of season 2, at which point it transformed into something special. Worth sticking with, for sure.

• Like 12

John Oliver continuing to rack up those Emmys :D! Yay! Loved him giving a shoutout of appreciation to the other hosts nominated as well :). 

• Like 2

As someone who’s watched “Schitt’s Creek” since its first episode, I can tell you it has so much heart, humor, uniqueness, very defined, endearing and quirky characters, family of all sorts, love, LOL moments.  It was my must-see TV.  I’m beyond delighted that it finally got noticed and respected.  I absolutely love every bit of SC and really recommend it highly.  

• Like 16

saoirse

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.