Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

I'm thinking as to why Schitt's Creek cleaned up and the only reasonable answer is; it peaked at the right time.  Right as the pandemic was taking hold and no one knew what the fuck was happening, the final season was on and with people staying at home, needed some lightness and heart.  The buzz picked up speed over the final weeks and it paid off.

Oh Canada!

• Love 14

Already doing Best Comedy?  I wonder if this is to not have the eventual winners hang around in public for longer than they need to, due to COVD stuff.

Yikes, having Morgan Freeman present The Kominsky Method just makes me think of the sexual harassment stuff with him, and how one of the stories involved Alan Arkin telling him to quit it.

Lin-Manuel Miranda loves What We Do in the Shadows?!  He keeps getting even more awesome!

And it's Schitt's Creek for the win! 

• Love 4

I haven't seen "Schitt's Creek", but given all the talk about how good it is and whatnot, I feel I should probably be adding it to my "to check out" list. The cast seems like a lovely bunch judging from seeing them here. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I haven't seen "Schitt's Creek", but given all the talk about how good it is and whatnot, I feel I should probably be adding it to my "to check out" list. The cast seems like a lovely bunch judging from seeing them here. 

Speaking as someone who just binged it over the last couple months, my feeling was that it was just "OK" at the beginning... until the last episode of season 2, at which point it transformed into something special. Worth sticking with, for sure.

• Love 12

As someone who’s watched “Schitt’s Creek” since its first episode, I can tell you it has so much heart, humor, uniqueness, very defined, endearing and quirky characters, family of all sorts, love, LOL moments.  It was my must-see TV.  I’m beyond delighted that it finally got noticed and respected.  I absolutely love every bit of SC and really recommend it highly.  

• Love 16