Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Arynm said:

I always say "very interesting" like Arte Johnson and I had no idea where I had gotten it from. Still don't really know, some show that I must have seen at some point that made an impact. Funny how that works sometimes.

Dating myself, but "Very interesting...but stupid" was always a reliable go-to for my dad and me.

• Love 5

Good speech. 

And while he might carry with him a sense of arrogance, I can't deny that Ryan Murphy is talented and really does seem to inspire loyalty from almost everyone he works for.  

Game Thrones loses director?  More splitting issues?  Jason having the edge for the whole "actor turned director appeal?"  Or could there be some kind of upset.

• Love 5

What a bummer.  David Nutter is so good and this was his last chance for GoT.

I give Jason Bateman a side-eye for a truly terrible interview he did last spring? I think where he was pretty dismissive of ... shit her name is escaping me now ... Jessica ? from Arrested Development.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

What a bummer.  David Nutter is so good and this was his last chance for GoT.

I give Jason Bateman a side-eye for a truly terrible interview he did last spring? I think where he was pretty dismissive of ... shit her name is escaping me now ... Jessica ? from Arrested Development.

Yeah I still feel bad about that. Jessica Walter, a woman whose grace and class and career blows everyone else on Arrested Development's cast away. 

• Love 16

Knew it was long shot, but I was hoping Emilia Clarke would win, because while she admittedly could be hit or miss throughout the show, she really brought it home this final season.  But now this means Dinklage is the only actor to win for GOT, which just feels odd since the entire cast is so talented.

Then again, I remember that Jon Hamm's sole win was the only acting award Mad Men ever got.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Congrats Jason. From Valerie then The Hogan Family he was a part of my childhood.

I got you beat.  I watched him on Little House when he got to watch his parents tumble down the hill to their deaths. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Knew it was long shot, but I was hoping Emilia Clarke would win, because while she admittedly could be hit or miss throughout the show, she really brought it home this final season.  But now this means Dinklage is the only actor to win for GOT, which just feels odd since the entire cast is so talented.

Then again, I remember that Jon Hamm's sole win was the only acting award Mad Men ever got.

I was thinking the same thing.

And oh hell...El Camino is coming soon!!!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

But now this means Dinklage is the only actor to win for GOT, which just feels odd since the entire cast is so talented.

I think I read somewhere that he is the only actor who has ever won for GoT.

Just now, Misslindsey said:

I do not think it will happen, but I would like anything to upset Maisel. Anything.

Do you not like it, or are you just tired of the hype?

I watched part of the first season. I really liked what I saw, but never went back to it.