Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I was looking down when the shows ending montage started but did they skip iZombie and Elementary? I would say I get skipping iZombie because it's on the CW but they included stupid Jane the Virgin. Elementary was on for 7 seasons. That's a slap in the face!

agreed re ‘elementary.’ others that should have been included: ‘crazy ex-girlfriend’ and ‘you’re the worst.’  

and while you thought ‘jane the virgin’ ‘stupid,’ some of us adored it and were delighted at its inclusion. 

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, General Days said:

Viola Davis looks fantastic and very evocative of the '70s, but is she wearing sneakers?

I noticed that, too!

Also, it was like she had mimes behind her during that intro.  It was weird.

• Love 5

So we get Supporting Actor clips, but nothing for Supporting Actress?  Screw you, Fox.

And big surprise--the GoT ladies cancel each other out, so Julia Garner wins.  Darn it, I was sooo hoping Gwendoline Christie would win.  Brienne's knighting was the best moment in that last season, and she sold the hell out of it.

• Love 9

I love the GoT's ladies, but I was not impressed with any of their arcs in the final season. Maybe because the season seemed rushed. I think Julia had more to work with than the GoT's actresses.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

WTF David and DB should have submitted “The Long Night” if they wanted to have a chance at winning.

Or "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms".

I was rooting for Gwendoline Christie, but figured all the GOT actresses would split the vote.

• Love 4

The Ken Jeong Tik Tok bit was painful. Make it stop. Who in the hell cast the judges for Masked Singer?

I enjoyed Phoebe Waller Bridge's speech. And her dress looked better on stage. There was more contrast with her skintone and she didn't look as washed out.

Maya Rudolph and Ike Barinholtz's bit was very silly but it still made me laugh. 

I can't hear Thomas Lennon at all overlaid with the music. Who knows if his bits are any good? This is a very poorly produced awards show. 

Colbert managed to carry that bit through Kimmel's complete lack of charm and acting ability. 

Say what you will about the Kardashians but Kendall Jenner is properly a model. Girl knows how to wear clothes.

Gwendoline continuing to look like a goddess. YES. Give her more roles. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Luke Perry still hurts.

WAs coming here to say the same thing. There's always some that I forget about by the time this comes around, but this one was like opening a wound again. Ugh.

• Love 5

Did they seriously not mute the audience like almost every other award show has done?  Wow.

For me, Luke Perry was the one that I still can't comprehend is truly gone.  All still not fully over Stan Lee and Rip Torn.

I feel bad, but the first thing that pops in my head when I hear Carol Channing's name is Ryan Stiles imitation of her on Whose Line Is it Anyway?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Not the best vocal performance for that segment -- and certainly not for that song -- but it's always a touching part of the show.  It's weird to say I "enjoy" the In Memoriam segments, but I guess I do, in a way.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4

I always say "very interesting" like Arte Johnson and I had no idea where I had gotten it from. Still don't really know, some show that I must have seen at some point that made an impact. Funny how that works sometimes.

• Love 1