Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

I love Patricia's speech. She always manages to say something concrete and important.

I know not everyone enjoys a soapbox, but she takes the chance when she has millions of viewers across the world and tries to use that moment to make a real difference.

• Love 21

I wanted Thomas Kail to win. I love him as far back as In the Heights.

Are Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor back together? I thought they separated or something. It is sad, but I loved Christine Taylor in the old school Nickelodeon show Hey Dude.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Are Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor back together? I thought they separated or something. It is sad, but I loved Christine Taylor in the old school Nickelodeon show Hey Dude.

I thought the same thing. Yea Omg Hey Dude those were the days lol.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 6
Just now, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Why is Johnny Depp still a thing.

The worst part (beyond some of the revelations about his private behavior the past few years) is that now all I can see is the loser Rolling Stone profiled recently, surrounded by parasites and hangers-on, who didn't even know how to open his own front gate.

He's so talented, but ... sigh.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

I now want Phoebe and Bill to do a project together.

Haven't seen A Very English Scandal, but Ben Whishaw is always delightful.

It's terrific and really worth seeing. Whishaw and (especially) Hugh Grant are great, funny, and surprisingly poignant.

Edited by paramitch
  • Love 4

I’m sad none of the actors from “When They See Us” won but I have to imagine they split the vote.

”That’s on you, Dannemora” has my vote for funniest line of the night.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

Can someone muzzle the announcer? 

58 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Good for Phoebe Waller-Bridge. I like her dress as well.

I like Thomas Lennon, but I think this bit only worked for me is when John Hodgman did it.

It's so disrespectful to the winners.  And I didn't like that he kind of dumped on both Phoebe Waller-Bridge & Julia Louis-Dreyfus when PWB won the comedy actress award.

Edited by General Days
dumb typo
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

(Still waiting on my Angela Bassett vs Viola Davis arm wrestling show down.) 

Black Lady Sketch Show: Season Two.

Also, Angela Bassett needs an award for Always Looking Fabulous, All The Fucking Time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23