Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Just now, Misslindsey said:

I wanted Ted Danson, but I will take Bill Hader.

I thought the names bit was humorous. It was not hysterical funny or anything but I thought it was amusing. 

The lead-up was ugh, but the names bit was kind of funny.  It didn't look like any of the nominees were too upset.  And Bill Hader wins again.

• Love 6
Just now, wallflower75 said:

The lead-up was ugh, but the names bit was kind of funny.  It didn't look like any of the nominees were too upset.  And Bill Hader wins again.

I agree about the lead-up. That was painful. The nominees seemed to find it funny, so I am fine with it. 

I like Barry, so I am glad Bill won. Stefon will always be one of my favorite SNL characters. I loved his love for Seth.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

really must watch Fleabag

Meh. Watched the first two episodes of Fleabag and didn't care for it </unpopular opinion>

I love Maisel <ibid> and Barry and Kominsky Method, so this is my first year to relate.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Meh. Watched the first two episodes and didn't care for it </unpopular opinion>

I love Maisel <ibid> and Barry and Kominsky Method, so this is my first year to relate.

If it helps, "Fleabag" is truly meant to be unpleasant and offputting in the first season, especially the first few episodes.

I remember sort of watching through my fingers going, "Do I love this or hate it?" and then by the end of season 1, absolutely loving that incredible mess of a woman. And then came the incredible Season 2.

And I'm THRILLED for Phoebe with win #2 of the night!

I really like this kind of awards spread, when the same awards don't keep going to the same people year after year. This year's winners so far are fantastic.

• Love 1