Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Laura Linney looks like a Project Runway contestant was making her that same painfully tired one shoulder dress and ran out of time/fabric and so she had to wear pants to be decent for TV. It might work better with a slightly longer skirt and with tights or leggings to show off what looks like a matching shoe. 

RuPaul looks flawless. 

Emily Hampshire. So. Tired. Of. Ruffles. Stop trying to make ruffles happen. They're not going to happen.

Annie Murphy's is decent if you like that 70's/80's hybrid style. 

Aya Cash looks okay. Weird to see her with such a dark hair color.

Heidi Gardner is almost giving me Sarah Paulson vibes. I'd say she almost makes it work but the neckline is way too deep. 

Someone tell Laverne Cox that that thing on her shoulder is about to morph into Venom and attack her.

Ego Nwodim looks beautiful. It's a pretty basic 70's style design but after the mess of everyone else, it's nice to see someone look like a polished celebrity.

With the rest of the showing Pose has made, you know what, sure, Steven Canals. You do you. 

Patricia Clarkson looks like a witchy aunt. For obvious reasons, yes, it works. 

Melissa Villasenor looks good. 

Jameela Jamil. What is with designers not knowing how to make skirts this year?

FREE ME FROM THIS TYRANNY OF NAVY BLUE SUITS. 

I need to go walk my dog. I'll be back in a bit. 

1 minute ago, aradia22 said:

Patricia Clarkson looks like a witchy aunt. For obvious reasons, yes, it works. 

Heh. If they ever do another version of Bewitched, she wouldn't be a bad call as Endora.

Overall seems more hits than misses this year, IMO.

It seems the yellow and green dresses are some of the most stylish and flattering -- maybe the designers and actors willing to go outside the norm are more into beauty and quality?

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/emmy-awards-red-carpet-celebrity-fashion-style-2019

Can we have a vote for best overall (talent, looks, personality, etc.) person on the planet so I can nominate Mahershala Ali?

• Love 3

Just talking fashion, Terrence Howard falls in the category of committing to look and making it work. Take notes, Van Der Beek.

Emilia Clark will always look beautiful but yeah, no. I don't even hate the deep V. But it makes no sense to make the neckline that wide. It's not flattering.

I like Maya Rudolph's look. She's worn worse things. I think this one works. It's on trend and mostly flattering.

Naomi Watts, I was going so quickly I thought you were January Jones.

I'm with everyone who said the color of Rachel Brosnahan's gown isn't bad but the actual dress is a mess. 

With this weak showing, Sophie Turner is a standout. So many people look like they have no idea how to dress themselves. #messy

• Love 1

The over-promotion of The Masked Singer is reason enough why FOX should never be allowed to have an awards show again (not to mention Jenny McCarthy's awful commentary)

ETA: Opening the show with Homer Simpson is ANOTHER reason FOX shouldn't be allowed to be the host ever again

Edited by shantown
  • Love 15

That reminder that i hate Jenny McCarthy was amplified by the fact that she got countless facts wrong, and managed to insult Christina Applegate about looking up to her when she was younger...and they’re a year apart.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, shantown said:

The over-promotion of The Masked Singer is reason enough why FOX should never be allowed to have an awards show again (not to mention Jenny McCarthy's awful commentary)

Well, they won’t get it again for Four years. The masked Singer should be toast by then.

• Love 1